I've always wanted to, never have though.
I've got a real nice 4'8" Diawa trout rod I use for like 90% of my fishing lol.
I hear Diawa rods are really good. What kind of lures do you use for trout on a spin rod? I assume you gotta be using some really light line like 7lb or less?

I hear Diawa rods are really good. What kind of lures do you use for trout on a spin rod? I assume you gotta be using some really light line like 7lb or less?
I either use rooster tail spinners, worms, live minnows, or bread believe ot or not. I run 2 or 4lb line for trout and if I take it bass fishing I use 6lb

I either use rooster tail spinners, worms, live minnows, or bread believe ot or not. I run 2 or 4lb line for trout and if I take it bass fishing I use 6lb
Well I just showed how much of a noob I am by saying 7lb line lol. I have some rooster tail poppers Im using for bass, just gotta find the little bastards cuz they out here lol. I used to fish for blue gill and used bread, for sure it works! You ever fish for catfish? Evidently hot dogs are good catfish bait.

Not really, I did one full season in 2020 and fished at least 3x a week the whole year. I love it though, super rewarding to catch a wild brookie or brown with a 4wt rod.
I fly fish. I saw something you said that caught my eye. You mentioned Shenandoah valley. I am in the Front Royal area.

Well I just showed how much of a noob I am by saying 7lb line lol. I have some rooster tail poppers Im using for bass, just gotta find the little bastards cuz they out here lol. I used to fish for blue gill and used bread, for sure it works! You ever fish for catfish? Evidently hot dogs are good catfish bait.
Chicken livers are the ultimate catfish bait. More so for the Blues or Channel Cat. To me, they are the cleanest and mildest. I like the smaller ones.

I wasn't sure if it was a Lucy joke I just wasn't hip to or what...we can roll it back a day make the weekend a little longer I'm ok with it
Yeah its Thursday...if your still following the Julian calendar. I say choose a calendar you want and run with it. People will ask you "Is it Tuesday?" you can say "I don't know, I follow the Aztec calendar and today is the Lesser Vigil.". I'm not saying you will make more friends using alternative calendars but DAMN will life be more entertaining!

Chicken livers are the ultimate catfish bait. More so for the Blues or Channel Cat. To me, they are the cleanest and mildest. I like the smaller ones.
Never eaten a catfish but we supposedly have all sizes out here. I will have to see what my options for catfish are on a fly rod, probably something like 20lb test hooked to Chicken Livers! CG hooking me up with the fishing knowledge 👊 💚 .Do you just pan-fry them with a little seasoned breading?

All this fish talk reminds me of an occurrence last year. I had rode my four wheeler down to the river, just enjoying a beautiful day and ran into the butcher from our local grocery just pulling his boat in for the evening.
He had caught a beautiful big mouth bass. Only one. She was full of eggs. When I catch one full of eggs, I put her back. Don’t matter what, how big, nothing. She goes back. I remember thinking he should have done the same.
Then, the opportunity strikes! He asked me if I wanted the fish. 🐠 I told him yes indeed. As soon as her gave her to me, I put her back! His eyes were big, his mouth opened. Why did you throw my fish back he said. I told him then it was MY fish cuz he gave it to me, she was full of babies and it was the right thing to do.
He tells me he does that now, as I made him feel ashamed. (He should) . He has told everyone in town not to give me fish though lol.

I have never been after catfish, just bullhead, kinda the same thing but like 1-2 lbs not 10-20lbs lol.

Never eaten a catfish but we supposedly have all sizes out here. I will have to see what my options for catfish are on a fly rod, probably something like 20lb test hooked to Chicken Livers! CG hooking me up with the fishing knowledge 👊 💚 .Do you just pan-fry them with a little seasoned breading?
Catfish are bottom feeders and depending on size and breed have a tendency to taste like mud. The cleanest tasting are the blues about 2-3 lbs. In the old days when ppl provided for themselves feeding big families, nothing was culled. Even if it was big and muddy tasting. They would grind mustard seed and soak it over night and it would get rid of those tastes.
Anyways, thin filets, cut out any black lines, roll it in cornmeal, salt and pepper. Hot hot grease, cook until it floats. White flaky mild meat.

Yeah its Thursday...if your still following the Julian calendar. I say choose a calendar you want and run with it. People will ask you "Is it Tuesday?" you can say "I don't know, I follow the Aztec calendar and today is the Lesser Vigil.". I'm not saying you will make more friends using alternative calendars but DAMN will life be more entertaining!
You do realize most have no idea what you are referring to? I do, but that’s because I’m in places most aren’t and maybe shouldn’t be.
Question everything…

I had Tuesday/Wednesday pass days for 12 years.
Mondays really used to be Friday. Thursday was really Monday.
If nothing else, I am flexible now.
Casual entertainment. 😁

I had Tuesday/Wednesday pass days for 12 years.
Mondays really used to be Friday. Thursday was really Monday.
If nothing else, I am flexible now.
Casual entertainment. 😁
You would make a damn fine Hillbilly! Like me, you are just too easily amused!

One more thing @ZombieRider you need a good sharp knife and a pair of skinning pliers. Cut a circle all the way around the head and then from the neck to the tail on the belly in a straight line. Then you peel the skin off with your pliers. If you’re good at it like me you will skin it completely without tearing the skin.🙂
(You guys just love me cuz imma crazy Native that knows how to kill it clean it and cook it, plus I grow weed) 😆🥹😂😆🥹

Now, I gotta quit playing! It’s watering day and Polk picking time!
Catch yiz this evening!!!

One more thing @ZombieRider you need a good sharp knife and a pair of skinning pliers. Cut a circle all the way around the head and then from the neck to the tail on the belly in a straight line. Then you peel the skin off with your pliers. If you’re good at it like me you will skin it completely without tearing the skin.🙂
(You guys just love me cuz imma crazy Native that knows how to kill it clean it and cook it, plus I grow weed) 😆🥹😂😆🥹
Get us all stoned then feed us, that's a keeper

We do the same but nail them to a board first lol

Back
Top Bottom