First off I’m so pumped I found y’all finally!!!!!
I really missed the corner and the conversation

I love trad bow hunting and built this long bow for my father.
The one I built for myself blew up a couple years back and I just haven’t gotten around to building another but he’s taken a couple nice ones with his❤️
E2ACC2C2-1D4C-4639-8599-F639C700436D.jpegAADF9D0F-3E26-4F57-8A34-DAF9CCF026B0.jpegA7EAFCEE-DB1E-466C-9325-2DDCD22AA6B5.jpeg14657282-1540-40F3-B512-3807F40F4221.jpeg3B321F00-3ADD-48C6-84F4-7C55F1B8763B.jpeg

H

The one I built for myself blew up a couple years back and I just haven’t gotten around to building another but he’s taken a couple nice ones with his❤️
View attachment 2924View attachment 2925View attachment 2926View attachment 2927View attachment 2928
Hey Kopper!
Glad to see you! Just in time for coffee on the corner! I’m glad you found us too!
Looks like it’s back strap biscuits and gravy this morn. Nice lil buck there!

Thanks!

CannaGranny I was really hoping to find you before the big weekend so I could wish you good luck! Not sure if it was this up and coming one or the one before Memorial Day but I hope you smoke the field in more ways than one 🤣🤣🤣

I LOVE the fall my wife tells her friends every year that she’s a widow again 😂 but the thunder chickens have got me going right now.

Thanks!

CannaGranny I was really hoping to find you before the big weekend so I could wish you good luck! Not sure if it was this up and coming one or the one before Memorial Day but I hope you smoke the field in more ways than one 🤣🤣🤣

I LOVE the fall my wife tells her friends every year that she’s a widow again 😂 but the thunder chickens have got me going right now.
Thanks Kopper! It’s Memorial Day weekend. I’m both excited and nervous. I’m running a new hotter load, 33.3 grains, 109. She’s faster, less time for more inaccuracies.
This week I’m in trim jail. Been spending a great deal of time on the range. We won the team shoot this past weekend,got money, spent it all on flowers 🙂

Well, talk about a kick in the pants...
$1,949.60 to get my car fixed.... god damn japanese cars.
500 for parts, and thats that, guess I'll do it myself. People are crazy these days. 1400 dollars in labor for a 2.5 hour job.
560 dollars an hour for labor??? Jeez maybe i shouldn't have dropped out of being a mechanic...

500 for parts, and thats that, guess I'll do it myself. People are crazy these days. 1400 dollars in labor for a 2.5 hour job.
560 dollars an hour for labor??? Jeez maybe i shouldn't have dropped out of being a mechanic...
It’s a good thing you can do it! Had a damn pack rat chew some wires on my Nissan Rogue, a thousand dollars to have it fixed at the dealer. 🥵 It had all kinds of sensor’s going off.

Heyo welcome to the cool kid's table! I'm assuming a thunder chicken is a wild turkey? Never heard that one before.
Yes mamm! When you got a good one going close it all makes sense❤️❤️

So good to see you TSD, I PM’d you but you where gone. NY is finally turning nice and I’m sure your lady’s are HUGE I think mine will need to wait another couple weeks before they greet that big light in the sky

Thanks Kopper! It’s Memorial Day weekend. I’m both excited and nervous. I’m running a new hotter load, 33.3 grains, 109. She’s faster, less time for more inaccuracies.
This week I’m in trim jail. Been spending a great deal of time on the range. We won the team shoot this past weekend,got money, spent it all on flowers 🙂
What grain bullet you pushing? Love that you’re not afraid to play this close to the big competition!! You go! And congratulations on the victory

Well, talk about a kick in the pants...
$1,949.60 to get my car fixed.... god damn japanese cars.
I know this feeling, dog was acting funny Sunday so took him in Monday. It seems it was only that my youngest had left the dog food open and while I was tilling the garden had eaten himself sick. But while figuring that out they ran blood work only to fine he has Lymes and another tick born illness $500
Then on Tuesday I found/smelled oil burning and crawled under the truck to find the oil pan rotted out. Well good old dodge put it in a dumb ass spot (the truck has truly been good to me though) which involved 10hrs labor to disassemble the front of the truck and re-install $1500 so this week was a cool 2g’s out the window. The dog was worth it🤣

It’s a good thing you can do it! Had a damn pack rat chew some wires on my Nissan Rogue, a thousand dollars to have it fixed at the dealer. 🥵 It had all kinds of sensor’s going off.
Yeah thats a nightmare. Wiring harnesses can be a real pain in the ass, had to rewire one on a 2002 civic once and ill never touch one again lol.
Thankfully i just gotta change a driveshaft, so 6 bolts lol

View attachment 2924View attachment 2925View attachment 2926View attachment 2927View attachment 2928
Hey man I’m a big hunter too. I live in the mountains and archery hunt elk,deer, bear etc. I’m pretty jacked up so calling the animal to you is a plus! I keep shooting these elk where their left horn is growing out of the middle of the forehead! Must be some big inbred bastard bull breeding around here! My house is full of deal animals lol. Here are just some:

Attachments

• 6AA5072E-753C-485D-9A43-9A32E49B6697.jpeg
    6AA5072E-753C-485D-9A43-9A32E49B6697.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • C482005A-E7D5-4961-BE58-43C310183D7E.jpeg
    C482005A-E7D5-4961-BE58-43C310183D7E.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 6035DC14-DE61-40F3-B166-A8D3813FC55B.jpeg
    6035DC14-DE61-40F3-B166-A8D3813FC55B.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 879409F3-A2C6-48CC-890E-078BAD641D41.jpeg
    879409F3-A2C6-48CC-890E-078BAD641D41.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1
  • EAF3B546-EA54-4B84-B95F-4986F78E10C9.jpeg
    EAF3B546-EA54-4B84-B95F-4986F78E10C9.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1
  • F2C5573B-AFFC-4473-8620-9623B933FF55.jpeg
    F2C5573B-AFFC-4473-8620-9623B933FF55.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 1
Hey man I’m a big hunter too. I live in the mountains and archery hunt elk,deer, bear etc. I’m pretty jacked up so calling the animal to you is a plus! I keep shooting these elk where their left horn is growing out of the middle of the forehead! Must be some big inbred bastard bull breeding around here! My house is full of deal animals lol. Here are just some:
Very cool, wish I had some of those things here in NY 🤦🏻‍♂️

They re-introduced Elk here in Missouri a few years ago. Not too far from CannaGranny. My farm was 1 county over, but I never saw one. But man, some day I will take an Elk with my bow. They are a breeding herd now in the national forest.

I got a bobcat with my bow once. Those are like ghosts. Ninjas that sneak up on you. That was the hardest shot I ever landed.

On the wiring harnesses; the coating for many of the wires is now soy based to save the planet and the manufacturer $$
Only bad side is rodents are attracted to it...
I set traps under my cars in the garage that sit for extended periods. Taking no chances they are a huge PIA these days.

Last edited:
On the wiring harnesses; the coating for many of the wires is now soy based to save the plant and the manufacturer $$
I set traps under my cars in the garage that sit for extended periods. Taking no chances they are a huge PIA these days.
They use soy based inks in my industry to be green. Haven't tried to taste it to see if I thought mice would like it.

BRB, I'm gonna go taste a dab of Magenta.

On the wiring harnesses; the coating for many of the wires is now soy based to save the plant and the manufacturer $$
Coating wires with something that rodents like to eat seems like too big of an oversight to be accidental lol... smells like a money grab... or some young dumb product engineer thought he was a genius. 🤣

They re-introduced Elk here in Missouri a few years ago. Not too far from CannaGranny. My farm was 1 county over, but I never saw one. But man, some day I will take an Elk with my bow. They are a breeding herd now in the national forest.

I got a bobcat with my bow once. Those are like ghosts. Ninjas that sneak up on you. That was the hardest shot I ever landed.
Have I told you about those elk cleaning my peach trees over night? I mean clean! Over 400 lbs of peaches easily.

Coating wires with something that rodents like to eat seems like too big of an oversight to be accidental lol... smells like a money grab... or some young dumb product engineer thought he was a genius. 🤣
Lately I have been hoping there is a special place in Hell for architects and engineers.
They have screwed two large churches royally lately and I just have to wonder if 'another' possibly shares my disdain?
Every day it is harder for me to except the info I get from the 'experts' as the best available.
Lately they just seem to be blatantly unqualified to do what they do.

Have I told you about those elk cleaning my peach trees over night? I mean clean! Over 400 lbs of peaches easily.
I'm sorry for your loss, but I really appreciate you feeding the herd!

My farm was on the edge between texas and shannon county. Where they let them go was deeper into shannon county. I guess that's you?

We need to time this bud tasting with bow season. I'll bring you a bushel of peaches and go home with 400 lbs of elk. Good trade.

I'll keep some peaches for myself tho cause Stonemason makes a really good point about peach elk. Now I need it.

I'm sorry for your loss, but I really appreciate you feeding the herd!

My farm was on the edge between texas and shannon county. Where they let them go was deeper into shannon county. I guess that's you?

We need to time this bud tasting with bow season. I'll bring you a bushel of peaches and go home with 400 lbs of elk. Good trade.

I'll keep some peaches for myself tho cause Stonemason makes a really good point about peach elk. Now I need it.
Yup they turned them loose on Peck Ranch, eight miles as the crow flies from the house. Now they are all over my area. I hear them blow and bugle early morning at times.
Now, on the trip in to my place you must not only watch for herds of deer, but four wild horse herds and elk! I’ve slowed my roll quite a bit!

I so love that part of the country. My place was a quad ride to the Jacks Fork river. Summersville. Had 86 acres, bought it as a hunting cabin, converted it into an off grid hobby farm. My folks were living there, and they just got too old to be that far away from me so sold it and they moved up here. They are in their 80s, it was time to quit messing with chickens.

That whole waterway area is beautiful. Is that where your ancestors were or are you a transplant?

Back
Top Bottom