Lunar eclispe tonight,don't forget.
Oh man I missed it...

Morning peeps!!!

How's the healing @CannaGranny ?

I'm dealing with headaches from tap water in hydro.... I will have a RODI system by the end of the week. Can't wait, it will be a game changer. My tap is 300ppm and bacteria ridden... Ugh

Here's a sexy pic of the espresso machine I got a few months ago for a steal. Wife got an employee discount for this for only $75, it is listed for over 500 on some sites.

I have also been making my own almond milk for months now, mainly just for coffee. It tastes so much better than store bought almond milk, it's crazy
PXL_20240918_104958961.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240918_105457731.jpg
    PXL_20240918_105457731.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 2
74834832599__71406975-CA1A-4BC2-8D7E-D33B83025390.jpeg

We get bored walking the same route so this week has been the mall & shopping district. About the only time I can stand it is 6am. 🤣

Found a bench at the half way point. Perfect for lighting a joint, hash core, for the walk home. 💨

Last edited:
Oh man I missed it...

Morning peeps!!!

I'm dealing with headaches from tap water in hydro.... I will have a RODI system by the end of the week. Can't wait, it will be a game changer. My tap is 300ppm and bacteria ridden... Ugh

Here's a sexy pic of the espresso machine I got a few months ago for a steal. Wife got an employee discount for this for only $75, it is listed for over 500 on some sites.

I have also been making my own almond milk for months now, mainly just for coffee. It tastes so much better than store bought almond milk, it's crazy
View attachment 73172
Nice score on the espresso machine! I use store bout almond or oat milk. I never thought about trying to make my own. Pretty cool.

Nice score on the espresso machine! I use store bout almond or oat milk. I never thought about trying to make my own. Pretty cool.
i'm not sure what made me think about doing it myself, but when I saw a video showing the scant amount of almonds that go into most store bought almond milk, plus the gum and other stuff to thicken it, i was curious. I watched a video how to do it, and was like "that's fucking it??"

Almond milk:
Soak 1 cup unroasted (raw) almonds* in cold water, overnight
Strain and rinse almonds
put almonds in blender
pour 4 cups purified water
sugar (optional, I like a pinch)
vanilla extract(optional, a very tiny dash)

* = if you do not use unroasted almonds you will have a film in your milk from the excess of natural oils and what-not that have come out during the roasting.

Blend on high speed for 3 minutes
pour mixture through a big cheese cloth or "nut milk" bag :ROFLMAO: over a container to catch it
wring and squeeze all liquid out (your hands will feel and smell amazing after this)
pour liquid in final storage vessel, refrigerate

clean nut bag immediately with cold water, i don't use soap
wring out as best you can and hang and dry for a day before storing. if left wet it will mold if using unbleached bags (which is what i use)

besides the soaking, it literally should take under 5 minutes of your life to make

Stability: I make twice the recipe above and use or discard in one week, and have had no issues. I have seen one in 2 weeks, and it's no bueno. But, i'm making it to use, so it gets used lol

now oat milk is a ton easier, but I don't care for the taste, myself

If store almond milk is like a 5 out of a 10, which I did enjoy, the homemade stuff is like a 9. For real, the taste is insanely good. The homemade almond milk even froths perfectly under the steam frother.

I did the math and the price I pay for almonds at costco and how much milk it makes, I'm paying $10 to make like 2-3 gallons or something, i forget, but it is cheaper, plus it taste better and seems creamier. and no issues with this stuff for my crohns, win win. :ninja:

you can roast the almond mash afterwards and use for dusting in baking or some shit

I'm getting more tree huggerish the older i get i guess..

Hope everyone is having a good night!!

nut milk bag, amazon
64oz pitcher with lid (holds 2 batches), Amazon

Last edited:
so no milk in almond milk?? i'll give it a try, i didn't know it was that easy. thanks for spelling it out Ninja!!!!

i've never had an expresso.. or a latte or any other fancy coffee. i'm boring with it and mostly drink folders. we used to used the K cups stuff but i got tired of small cups of weak coffee so a few years ago we went back to a drip.

got d&d this week on sale.. it's ehhh..
009.JPG

so no milk in almond milk?? i'll give it a try, i didn't know it was that easy. thanks for spelling it out Ninja!!!!

i've never had an expresso.. or a latte or any other fancy coffee. i'm boring with it and mostly drink folders. we used to used the K cups stuff but i got tired of small cups of weak coffee so a few years ago we went back to a drip.

got d&d this week on sale.. it's ehhh..
View attachment 73249
tbh, 15 years ago I didn't drink coffee, just tea. I will still drink drip at the diner for sure, but now I enjoy my own cold brew(super super easy and tastes completely different, no bitterness), or making the latte with the espresso machine

man that machine was intimidating as fuck when i got it!!! I read the manual like 5x before I even tried my first shot. I think it took me like 5 tries before I got my first "perfect" shot, I made a latte with it for the wife and she loved it, she said there wasn't any bitterness. it's crazy how if you do a shot "wrong" it changes the profile to either bitter or acidic depending on the determining variables (how coarse/fine you grind the beans(30 settings), how much coffee you grind per a shot(can be programmed/adjusted, but i left it at the standard), the moisture level of the beans, and how much tamping force(the manual says it should be 30lbs) you exert on the shot with the manual tamper before locking it in the machine.

Now I can get a perfect shot every time. Yes, a little brag, because it does take some knowledge/skill in tweaking the variables on a new bag of beans to get a perfect shot for those beans. it sounds crazy, but my boss used to live on Colombia and passed some of that coffee passion on to me for sure lol. we got him the same machine when it was on sale at the employee store. the beans definitely matter too

There is something about the crema on top of an espresso shot that can impress anyone i think. The manual shows you how to determine if you have made a perfect shot by the pressure on the gauge, the time(they want you to count) to finish the shot, and the degree of 3 different colored layers, with that beautiful crema on the top.

at first, i was like wtf does "30lbs of force feel like holding an air hockey puck pushing down on coffee feel like?" lol

for real though, if you like strong smooth coffee, you might like making your own cold brew. I like to do that sometimes myself because it is good on a different level than a nice espresso shot and faster to head out in the morning

I found this stock picture on the net, but yeah like the picture says, you will know if you got a good shot or not by the crema.
1726712976512.png
now i can't wait for tomorrow's morning off-to-work shot, i'm going to be enjoying it like when i first understood the complexity of what i was tasting

Sidenote: the photo in the previous post with the espresso machine was snapped exactly when the crema was starting to flow, you can see the start in the glass and the color coming out of the downward flow.

Last edited:
Oh man I missed it...

Morning peeps!!!

View attachment 73172
Very cool. I’m not into the almond juice, and it’s not milk. But my son likes it. Copied your recipe for him. 🍻👍

Back
Top Bottom