Ok... I wanted to try something crazy.
Hopefully I didn't sign up for more than I can handle.

I just wrote this thing up

Which is a choose your own adventure kinda' thing. It's designed to be humorous but also leave the readers up to decide how the story goes, more fantastical, humorous, adult, etc... This will be D&D inspired, eventually rolls will be done for certain actions, the result of the roll and any positive or negative class modifiers will be used to determine the result of an action that has a chance outcome. Totally spitballin' here, just trying to make something fun for everyone while having some fun myself.

@Moe.Red @CannaGranny or any other moderator, can you make sure I posted this right? I want to have it open for a week, have the results be hidden, only allow one choice, no backsies. Can the results be changed to show once the poll closes in the one week? If that's something i can do, then I got it, just not sure how long the edit window is open on here.

The choice with the highest # of votes will be the new path of the story for the next addition.

The first thing you will notice is a rash called a bullseye rash. It does indeed look just like a bullseye, around the bite. If you see that get yourself to a Dr. The quicker they can get you on doxycycline the quicker you get better. Just because you got bit, does not mean you will automatically get Lyme. I got bit, got the rash and got on the medication, have never had any more probs from it.

"The first thing you will notice is a rash called a bullseye rash "
Not necessarily, I didn't get the rash but I had all the other symptoms. 2 weeks of sick was no fun, still achy & sweat a lot doing anything and I'm low on energy. I took a double dose of antibiotics Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 2 weeks. Dr's ordered blood tests but said Lyme tests can show false negatives and testing isn't 100% successful in diagnosing Lyme with a blood test....so its still a guess with me.

Not necessarily, I didn't get the rash but I had all the other symptoms. 2 weeks of sick was no fun, still achy & sweat a lot doing anything and I'm low on energy. I took a double dose of antibiotics Doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 2 weeks. Dr's ordered blood tests but said Lyme tests can show false negatives and testing isn't 100% successful in diagnosing Lyme with a blood test....so its still a guess with me.
I was for sure by the textbook. The rash was for sure unmistakable. Now get this, my Dr. telling me the test was one hundred percent accurate! The doxy made me sick sick. Also made me sun sensitive. The rash disappeared within one day of starting the meds tho.
They say the disease will cause stiffness and bone aches.. I have got up like that for years! How would one really know?

Which is a choose your own adventure kinda' thing. It's designed to be humorous but also leave the readers up to decide how the story goes, more fantastical, humorous, adult, etc... This will be D&D inspired, eventually rolls will be done for certain actions, the result of the roll and any positive or negative class modifiers will be used to determine the result of an action that has a chance outcome. Totally spitballin' here, just trying to make something fun for everyone while having some fun myself.

@Moe.Red @CannaGranny or any other moderator, can you make sure I posted this right? I want to have it open for a week, have the results be hidden, only allow one choice, no backsies. Can the results be changed to show once the poll closes in the one week? If that's something i can do, then I got it, just not sure how long the edit window is open on here.

The choice with the highest # of votes will be the new path of the story for the next addition.
Mornin Ninja!
Sounds interesting 🙂 Moe would be the one to say yay or nay to this. Just yesterday I saw a discussion about time one can still edit a post. @SweetLeafGrow what was the time that was decided on? Also, can the polls be edited?
Let’s start with Moe’s okay and the answer to the polls 🙂

Mornin Ninja!
Sounds interesting 🙂 Moe would be the one to say yay or nay to this. Just yesterday I saw a discussion about time one can still edit a post. @SweetLeafGrow what was the time that was decided on? Also, can the polls be edited?
Let’s start with Moe’s okay and the answer to the polls 🙂
I think SLG said he was changing edit time to 2 hours, for a member to edit thier own posts.

Cool idea, looks like you did it right I think, it says the poll will close on the 26th. You might have to start a new poll/thread for each installment maybe? We'll figure out how to make it work one way or another.

I was thinking of you this morning @TSD. I have questions for you about an outdoor scrog.
When do you go on scrog? Indoors it’s at the time you flip to flower, outside, I’m unsure. How tall is your table? Do you continue to tuck until flower shows? From your experience what advantages do you feel this has? Any tips?

Just read it! Fantastic! Love it, love the idea!

Looks pretty fun Ninja. Very creative. You a DND guy?

I'll help you thru closing this and showing results when the week is up.

I was for sure by the textbook. The rash was for sure unmistakable. Now get this, my Dr. telling me the test was one hundred percent accurate! The doxy made me sick sick. Also made me sun sensitive. The rash disappeared within one day of starting the meds tho.
They say the disease will cause stiffness and bone aches.. I have got up like that for years! How would one really know?
I think the rash is a tell tale sign you got the bug but you can still get it without the rash. My fever broke the day after I started the meds but I felt like shit for a good 2 weeks, it kept in me lingering longer than I would have liked....It may have been the fking meds keeping me ill. I don't usually get sick for long, a day and I'm over most stuff. I can only remember 5-6 times in my life I've ever been as sick as I was on this one...

Stiffness and bone aches get magnified with the bug in you. I can move around now with normal aches but I was almost disabled with movement while sick. My arms, knees, shoulders and neck almost had me in tears with pain and not being able to get any relief from it. I had to sleep if I could find it............ Onward enough of the poor me sht now its bud rot....fk always something

Cool idea, looks like you did it right I think, it says the poll will close on the 26th. You might have to start a new poll/thread for each installment maybe? We'll fiQuotegure out how to make it work one way or another.
Yes a new one will roll out once the poll has closed and i have time to write a new one up branching off of the last choice.
Just read it! Fantastic! Love it, love the idea!
Thank you!! Was just totally random and unplanned on my part.
Looks pretty fun Ninja. Very creative. You a DND guy?

I'll help you thru closing this and showing results when the week is up.
I love DND, but haven't played in years. Only DM'd once but i loved it. Decided to make my own lore, the Kangas lol, instead of getting critiqued on incorrectly quoting Elvish or Dwarven lore or something. Not sure if this has been done on a forum before, but i wanted something nostalgic to my old DOS days of adventure crawling and those books i used to rent at the library before video games.

I saw this morning that the results will show once you vote, which is fine with me. I just wish the poll questions were below the prompt instead of above. Worried someone will pick before reading, but i guess that's half the fun! lol

Glad you guys like it,

and i'm going to spam it here again during daylight hours to get more people in it that might not have seen it.

Everyone make your own vote!!! lol
just some fun stuff i whipped up. Gives me a reason to get back into creative writing, and might even bring people to the site, who knows

Last edited:
I was thinking of you this morning @TSD. I have questions for you about an outdoor scrog.
When do you go on scrog? Indoors it’s at the time you flip to flower, outside, I’m unsure. How tall is your table? Do you continue to tuck until flower shows? From your experience what advantages do you feel this has? Any tips?
Well, I put my scrogs on starting about 2 weeks ago. The solstice is in a couple days, so flower will be starting in a couple weeks for some probably, but that's dependent on the strain and I have 8 different strains, so who knows. I honestly could have smashed them down sooner, because I split two of them, it's easier to manipulate them before they're so woody.
The height depends on the plant, my lowest one is only about 13 inches, which is honestly too low but Cinderella is short and stout. I'm trying to keep them lower than last year for stealth, which will make underside maintenance a little harder. The highest one is like 22 inches, the Shaman that I split, that's about the height they all were last year. I may raise a couple up some, not sure yet... getting to the point of no return here soon.

I guess what I do is kind of a hybrid between scrogging and trellising? So when I put the scrog on, I really spread them out and smush them down, as you do with a scrog... after a day they stand up and start growing, the stuff that was in the middle and sides of the branches grows up with the increased light, I continue to adjust the branches to maintain a mostly even canopy, usually like every third day-ish, or just when I'm out there burning one and see a tall branch sticking up. All the little lateral growth will poke up through its own hole as long as you keep spreading and grow up. After a couple weeks, it's clear what isn't going to grow to a place where it will have enough light to make a nice top, and that's usually when I do my major defoliation, which I did yesterday. Took off old damaged fans, leaves pointing down or in the dirt, shaved the legs of the spindly lower branches, I usually remove probably half of the lower small branches, the smaller ones, and the rest I strip and leave the top growth to make its way up to the net if it can. Sometimes I attach them with wire where I want them to go if they don't cooperate. Same with the main stalk, I will attach it so it grows where I want it if it's not going without a fight. I also plant most at an angle so they naturally start to open up and the lower stuff points up before I even begin the torture. I will continue to adjust until it's well spread and then let it grow up so I have nice colas. They will continue to get thier stretch on over the next few weeks. I think this year I might add a second layer of screen to support the buds, we'll see.
Usually by the time they flower they are shaped and spread how I want. There comes a point that you can't adjust anymore without breaking shit too. My method is put one hand under net, one on top, fold branch and gather leaves with top hand and pull through hole with bottom hand in one swift motion, and don't do it when they're thirsty. I should do a write up in the outdoor forum I suppose.
As far as advantages, for me in this climate of zone 4, there's many.
•Airflow. Spreading them out and defoliation keeps the air flowing and makes it a less hospitable environment for PM and botrytis.
• Stealth. This was the reason I attempted an outdoor scrog in the first place, after my year of 6 foot plus trees gave hubs a coronary. They are much less conspicuous as a bush than a giant Christmas tree lol.
•Maintenance. Having them spread out makes it easier to prune and remove dead shit, debris, fucking Japanese beetles, etc. Makes it easier to spray evenly and underneath for preventative measures. Makes it easier to dry them fast with the leaf blower during wet times. Needing a ladder for maintenance is a pain. You can see everything right there and catch issues right away.
• Even sized buds, little to no larf. Buds are done mostly all at the same time. Giant colas on trees you can barely reach is a recipe for mold.
• Makes harvest easier. I often live trim off most of the fans as they stand and I can cut and hang by the arm.
• During very dry times, I spray the mulch beneath the scrog to add a little humidity for them, which they seem to enjoy, and the shade they make with the nice big canopy helps keep the roots cooler and happy and let's me go longer before needing to come home to water if I'm off camping or something.
Let me know if I forgot anything or if you have more questions about my MacGyver methods lol.

Yes a new one will roll out once the poll has closed and i have time to write a new one up branching off of the last choice.

Thank you!! Was just totally random and unplanned on my part.

I love DND, but haven't played in years. Only DM'd once but i loved it. Decided to make my own lore, the Kangas lol, instead of getting critiqued on incorrectly quoting Elvish or Dwarven lore or something. Not sure if this has been done on a forum before, but i wanted something nostalgic to my old DOS days of adventure crawling and those books i used to rent at the library before video games.

I saw this morning that the results will show once you vote, which is fine with me. I just wish the poll questions were below the prompt instead of above. Worried someone will pick before reading, but i guess that's half the fun! lol

Glad you guys like it,

and i'm going to spam it here again during daylight hours to get more people in it that might not have seen it.

Everyone make your own vote!!! lol
just some fun stuff i whipped up. Gives me a reason to get back into creative writing, and might even bring people to the site, who knows
Its all I can manage just to read the few pages I do here, I've never played any roll playing games. COD killing everything in site with a variety of guns....ya...if you could set one of those up I could play a game or 2 but I'm just a bit outdated for that stuff....Never played the DND either ....seen 2 movies

Its all I can manage just to read the few pages I do here, I've never played any roll playing games. COD killing everything in site with a variety of guns....ya...if you could set one of those up I could play a game or 2 but I'm just a bit outdated for that stuff....Never played the DND either ....seen 2 movies
The best part of DND is there are almost zero limits to what is possible, not that it will be successful, but a player could try to persuade a NPC (non-playable character, characters in the game the DM controls as part of the world the players are in) to eat a poison apple or some other choice that wasn't always an option in video games, but that has been changing lately. I'm trying to think of the best way to incorporate free will into a limited choice selection, the format could slightly change in the upcoming weeks to allow for instances where a custom-typed response or action will not only be allowed but the best choice in a particular scenario if played right.

In a very general sense DND is a game with absolute free will, basically you pick a character by choosing race, gender, class, and sometimes your own backstory. The skills you are proficient in are chosen by you and some are given to you because of your class/race. So right now i'm offering a choice of who this Kitt will be. The options are really class defining choices presented in a humorous way. I'm trying to make this not a DND thing but something anyone can join. Eventually there will be decisions that might require a matching reply to the poll to be performed correctly. I'm going to try to grow into it slowly. First we pick class, then maybe gender and alignment. Then depending on the attributes the people pick for Kitt will determine where we are going to go in this adventure and how we are going to do it. Once we go down a particular path for Kitt, his chosen backstory and class will be crucial for how you all determine the choices with a higher success rate. If he is a Ninja, his skill level for stealth movement will naturally be high, so the probability of a successful stealth movement without being discovered will be higher. Whereas a traveling mechanic might drop a wrench at the exact wrong moment... but there is a chance he will succeed, based on a die roll combined with his skill level.

Dragon slaying, drug slanging, werewolf spreading, ex cloud-kicker(Baloo from Talespin reference), traveling mechanic, etc... these are some of the current options that will define how this story goes. I'm real excited, i'm glad i have piqued the interest of a few others!

@Shaded I'm starting to think you think I'm a total burnout with all the stoner reactions you give me lol. View attachment 8702

I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO REPLY AFTER THAT LAST ONE! Remember when I was talking about how people would get triggered over that one guy using a laughing emoji at some other forum?

Hi @TSD :cool:

I knew the stoner emoji was going to cause beef lmao

I have one going, I'm just horrible about updating in a timely fashion and explaining everything in detail.
But you are wealth of knowledge and am so glad you are sharing all this. I could not do a hard scrag in the greenhouse cause i think the metal would rub the insect screen so i made a trellis out of rope and string. I still have a chance to do an outdoor one if i get to it before the get to big. Is 3 ft too big? Thats my shortest.

But you are wealth of knowledge and am so glad you are sharing all this. I could not do a hard scrag in the greenhouse cause i think the metal would rub the insect screen so i made a trellis out of rope and string. I still have a chance to do an outdoor one if i get to it before the get to big. Is 3 ft too big? Thats my shortest.
No, most of mine were around that when I smashed em.

I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO REPLY AFTER THAT LAST ONE! Remember when I was talking about how people would get triggered over that one guy using a laughing emoji at some other forum?

Hi @TSD :cool:

I knew the stoner emoji was going to cause beef lmao
No beef... I am, in fact, a stoner... so it's a hard debate to win. 🤣 Good to know you're fucking with me on purpose though. 🤣

I dunno how they do it, but it's definitely not pure stainless steel... shit would be way too expensive and probably heavy as shit right?
There are different grades it that what makes it magnetic of stainless based on composition most appliances I’ve built were fabricated from 304 stainless which contains more chromium and nickel and other elements that I can’t remember - but has enuff to be slightly magnetic - move to 404 and not magnetic but much more costly and difficult to fabricate

Back
Top Bottom