I’m one of those crazies with white tile too. I hate that crap! As you said, the grouting is a pain in the ass. I went with the white as the darker, just looked dirty. Was told oh if you seal that there won’t be a problem..another bunch of BS.
Thiers is natural stone, so it's not just the grout, there's the little depressions in the stone that collect the dirt and the mop goes right over them, so you either have to scrub like a psycho with the mop, or get the floor brush out. Like I want to just use bleach water and let it sit then mop again, but I know that's bad for the seal so I refrain and just bust my ass scrubbing lol. I'd rather do hardwood all day long than one stupid white stone floor lol. Then I have another client with the same exact tile in the master bath. Please keep your maid in mind when making design choices people. 🤣

I’m one of those crazies with white tile too. I hate that crap! As you said, the grouting is a pain in the ass. I went with the white as the darker, just looked dirty. Was told oh if you seal that there won’t be a problem..another bunch of BS.
My mother has a White House - not kiddin every floor wall and mist stuff in between is white! Wtf sometimes I’m afraid to go in ! Lol she’s OCD clean though

My mother has a White House - not kiddin every floor wall and mist stuff in between is white! Wtf sometimes I’m afraid to go in ! Lol she’s OCD clean though
I mean you kind of have to be ocd to have white everything. I hate white. We had white appliances when we moved in and they were the first thing to go... Black all day, stainless is also a pain, but most new shit is stainless... our dishwasher is and I'm sure when we upgrade the fridge again it will have to be too. My hardwood in the kitchen is midrange color wise... I could let it collect dirt for 2 months and you would hardly be able to tell lol. I also hate white vehicles, mostly because I think they're ugly, but also because they get dirty instantly.

Thiers is natural stone, so it's not just the grout, there's the little depressions in the stone that collect the dirt and the mop goes right over them, so you either have to scrub like a psycho with the mop, or get the floor brush out. Like I want to just use bleach water and let it sit then mop again, but I know that's bad for the seal so I refrain and just bust my ass scrubbing lol. I'd rather do hardwood all day long than one stupid white stone floor lol. Then I have another client with the same exact tile in the master bath. Please keep your maid in mind when making design choices people. 🤣
I looked at some dirt colored stone tile, should have gone with it! I’m using the bleach water anyway…

Black appliances for the win.
Ever wonder how a magnet sticks to a SS fridge?
SS is supposed to be non ferrous, but they change the % of different metals and still call it SS.
My buddy bought SS stuff and had a fit.
Being copper guys we know magnets should not stick to SS.

SS is supposed to be non ferrous, but they change the % of different metals and still call it SS.
I dunno how they do it, but it's definitely not pure stainless steel... shit would be way too expensive and probably heavy as shit right?

So today I polished 25 foot of quartz countertop and all of the smudge free stainless appliances (what bullshit) . Possibly the most stupid choice I have ever made concerning household goods. Yeah, it’s pretty.. but that’s the only good thing about it. I have to stop watching home improvement shows. We actually live in our house.
I use a paper towel and a tiny amount of cooking oil once a week. Some stainless is better than others but i agree smudge free is BS

It is comparable in cost to copper but lighter.
Manufacturers are just looking to cheap out as much as possible and few understand all the short cuts.
It all looks silver huh?
People also ask

Will a magnet stick to stainless steel refrigerator?

Most often, the question about appliance magnetism is about a refrigerator. Many owners will use magnets on a refrigerator door. Most 2017 and newer Stainless Steel refrigerators will hold a magnet.

Search for: Will a magnet stick to stainless steel refrigerator?

Why do magnets stick to some stainless steel and not others?

There are several different types of stainless steels. The two main types are austenitic and ferritic, each of which exhibits a different atomic arrangement. Due to this difference, ferritic stainless steels are generally magnetic while austenitic stainless steels usually are not.Oct 2, 2006

I mean you kind of have to be ocd to have white everything. I hate white. We had white appliances when we moved in and they were the first thing to go... Black all day, stainless is also a pain, but most new shit is stainless... our dishwasher is and I'm sure when we upgrade the fridge again it will have to be too. My hardwood in the kitchen is midrange color wise... I could let it collect dirt for 2 months and you would hardly be able to tell lol. I also hate white vehicles, mostly because I think they're ugly, but also because they get dirty instantly.
Cars, bikes, equipment all metallic grey. Any new appliances black if possible. Stainless if we don’t have a better option...white blows.

My mom is one of those OCD white home people. She’s into colour now but visits are like going into a CDC clean room. 😂

I have a cleaning business and I can confirm that most things that are the prettiest are the biggest pain in the ass to clean lol. All the quartz and marble countertop that you're not really supposed to use most products on because it ruins the seal... scalding water a bit of dawn and some elbow grease is what I use, then wipe dry and polish with a dry tea towel. I have one lady that has black, and one that has white... both horrible choices for cleaning because every streak is visible. I have one person that has stone tile in the kitchen... it's white and has divets that hold the dirt, so you literally have to scrub it with a brush or it still looks dirty... I've contemplated dropping that client over that floor lol. Everyone has "stainless" steel, which is a horrible name because it gets dirty AND stained super easy it seems. I use the stainless steel wipes, and again polish with a clean cotton towel. I have one client with an entirely white kitchen, white quartz, white floor, white cabinets, white sink, white walls... why would you do that to yourself? Oh yeah, cause you're gonna pay someone to clean it anyway... I should start saving for a shoulder replacement now. 🤣
Also any stone should have a sealer applied once a year…. I can tell you im probably the only person who actually bothers…. All the tiles i strip and reseal and any stones… be it floors, walls, counters. It makes a world of difference

Magnets don’t stick to mine, just every single time you touch it it leaves a print. Finger print? No. Just any oil from your skin! Burns my butt to have to polish my fridge!
20230618_110929.jpg
These are what I use. Needs to be clean first, then wipe on with the grain and polish off with a clean dry cotton cloth... shit practically looks like a mirror. I do it in sections because if it dries completely it's harder to polish to perfection. It does seem to ward off prints a bit better than just bare stainless too.

Also any stone should have a sealer applied once a year…. I can tell you im probably the only person who actually bothers…. All the tiles i strip and reseal and any stones… be it floors, walls, counters. It makes a world of difference
I just want to fry a damn chicken and not need the merry maids to clean up my wreckage!

View attachment 8409
These are what I use. Needs to be clean first, the wipe on with the grain and polish off with a clean dry cotton cloth... shit practically looks like a mirror. I do it in sections because if it dries completely it's harder to polish to perfection. It does seem to ward off prints a bit better than just bare stainless too.
Yup, same stuff I use. The spray on for the stove fridge and dishwasher, and the pump spray for the countertops. It’s good stuff.

Magnets don’t stick to mine, just every single time you touch it it leaves a print. Finger print? No. Just any oil from your skin! Burns my butt to have to polish my fridge!
Thats why i 6 cooking oil lol…. The frustration is real but once you apply cooking oil i dont get the finger prints

Yup, same stuff I use. The spray on for the stove fridge and dishwasher, and the pump spray for the countertops. It’s good stuff.
I was using the spray till I found the wipes, I find them way easier, puts on a nice even layer where they spray runs and can make marks if you're not fast enough. I usually do the wax on wax off method lol.
Screenshot_20230618_111923_Chrome.jpg

I was using the spray till I found the wipes, I find them way easier, puts on a nice even layer where they spray runs and can make marks if you're not fast enough. I usually do the wax on wax off method lol.
View attachment 8410
I haven’t been able to find the wipe’s lately, you are right about that. Another crazy thing I’m having a hard time finding is pledge.

That would require me to know how to make hard candy, I have a quart of infused Coconut oil. I plan on melting 1/2 cup add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and a scoop of peanut butter to the oil. pour into molds, let harden, package and ship....
what recipe do you use for hard candy?

Don't get me wrong I love some peanut butter, ever try it on pancakes? Peanut butter then syrup ... It'll stick to you if doesn't bubble you up lol

But the candy will def ship easier without any worries. I use coconut oil for the hard candies, I've found you can definitely increase the amount of oil some other recipes call for. Adding an emulsifier like sunflower lecithin does some magic for making that easier.

Thread 'Ninja's Coconut oil infused lollipop walkthrough' https://budbuilders.org/threads/ninjas-coconut-oil-infused-lollipop-walkthrough.349/

Dosen't stick to or fridge, he tapes to our wall.

Thats a union pacific
20230618_095546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom