I planted a hollyhock last week that was doing great two days ago. Went to water and found this. Half eaten. What 🤬 thing did this now?

0D45EDF3-D2F3-4A1B-80F9-95CC41CA36E9.jpeg

One leaf is almost gone and the other looks like an umbrella missing it’s skin. 🤦

Noticed a few not as bad on Twin2 now.
44372AE1-8CC5-482D-BA65-5E7580DC2D04.jpeg

At least I sprayed the plant with sulphur last week and Safer’s Soap this week.

I planted a hollyhock last week that was doing great two days ago. Went to water and found this. Half eaten. What 🤬 thing did this now?

View attachment 9172

One leaf is almost gone and the other looks like an umbrella missing it’s skin. 🤦

Noticed a few not as bad on Twin2 now.
View attachment 9173

At least I sprayed the plant with sulphur last week and Safer’s Soap this week.

It was a good night on the lake tonight. My kids were slamming em.
My little dude caught 2 pickerel that were like 26 inches long but difficult to take pictures of those with their damn teeth. 20230622_183037.jpg20230622_185045.jpg20230622_190239.jpg20230622_190742.jpg

Chirp Chirp! Good Morning all. When my grandson came by yesterday he brought his drone and made movies of our property. Here is a pic of our slice of paradise. Most of the wods surrounding the house is ours with farmer fields surrounding them.View attachment 9292
How many acres you have there @Farmerdave ? My husband keeps saying he wants to but 100 acres and live in the woods, and I keep telling him he's not Winnie the Pooh and we don't need a 100 acre wood... cause that's a LOT.

Chirp Chirp! Good Morning all. When my grandson came by yesterday he brought his drone and made movies of our property. Here is a pic of our slice of paradise. Most of the wods surrounding the house is ours with farmer fields surrounding them.View attachment 9292
Looks like one of my client's places.

Of course, you could also show a pic of a shack on a dilapidated farmstead or 1/6 acre lot and it would also look like one of my clients' places! My clients enjoy a range of socioeconomic positions.

How many acres you have there @Farmerdave ? My husband keeps saying he wants to but 100 acres and live in the woods, and I keep telling him he's not Winnie the Pooh and we don't need a 100 acre wood... cause that's a LOT.
My wife, who's name is Sherri, warned me early in our marriage that she will not be "Sherri on the prairie."

Nice setup Dave

My wife, who's name is Sherri, warned me early in our marriage that she will not be "Sherri on the prairie."
I wouldn't mind being "T in the trees" but I think he's underestimating how much 100 acres is lol. We have 3 acres now and its a lot to maintain with just the two of us, he's got major physical limitations and I'm also falling apart...I can't imagine tending 100 acres... it would just sit there growing brush and collecting tax revenue for the town lol. My Dad has 13 acres of forest around his place that will be mine someday, so I feel like I'm set in the forest department and can find better things to spend money on. He's driving me a little crazy lately, he's just waiting on his numbers for his retirement and SSD because all that just got settled... he's dreaming up 100 different plans to spend any lump sum he may get... I keep telling him to pick a thing cause we won't be able to do it all, or even half of it... money doesn't go very far these days. I guess I'm a bit of a Debbie Downer, pissing on his dreams. 🤣

he's dreaming up 100 different plans to spend any lump sum he may get... I keep telling him to pick a thing cause we won't be able to do it all, or even half of it... money doesn't go very far these days. I guess I'm a bit of a Debbie Downer, pissing on his dreams. 🤣
I dont regret the things i did, ill always regret the things i never tried.

I wouldn't mind being "T in the trees" but I think he's underestimating how much 100 acres is lol. We have 3 acres now and its a lot to maintain with just the two of us, he's got major physical limitations and I'm also falling apart...I can't imagine tending 100 acres... it would just sit there growing brush and collecting tax revenue for the town lol. My Dad has 13 acres of forest around his place that will be mine someday, so I feel like I'm set in the forest department and can find better things to spend money on. He's driving me a little crazy lately, he's just waiting on his numbers for his retirement and SSD because all that just got settled... he's dreaming up 100 different plans to spend any lump sum he may get... I keep telling him to pick a thing cause we won't be able to do it all, or even half of it... money doesn't go very far these days. I guess I'm a bit of a Debbie Downer, pissing on his dreams. 🤣
Tell him he should get that sailboat I've always wanted.

You are sure right about the work, I am getting up there in years and am retired. Basically i go out everyday and find something to work on at my own pace and take breaks to go swimming or fishing. Summer is magical here. Winter is too but in a different way

I dont regret the things i did, ill always regret the things i never tried.
Good Morning all, I made the trip to Calais Maine and back yesterday. I left home at 3:30am and I got back home at 7pm....Long drive but no problems. I rolled 20 joints for the trip. We we're in St Stephen, New Brunswick at 11 am. I crossed over into Calais without a problem bought my beer and Everclear and returned within an hour.

I get to Canadian customs to pay duty go inside and paid the ridiculous taxes and fees. $28 on 18 beer then $50 on the $22 bottle of Everclear. Ya...fkin pirates...So I paid the duty told them they need eye patches and to greet people with an arrr matey. They didn't get it.......So as I'm leaving they say we need to check your car.....I say have atter I know I've cleaned it out and there's nothing in it........

Well they get to the hatch and spend like 10 minutes searching and pulling things out. I asked whats up and they say the hatch smells like cannabis........lol.......the 20 joints I'd brought I stored in the hatch in 2 baggies ........I'd given to my son to hold as I crossed over the border...the scent lingered,,,,,lol......no pot just pot stink.....they let me go.....I said to them do you think with my story of going over for 1 hr then returning with booze I'd pack pot?.......You never know...have a nice day......lol

My father’s farm is 100 acres. It’s only a lot if you have to work it all. He rents out at least half of it and uses the rest for his horses, track and gardens.

I always wanted a 10 acre hobby farm. Half with woods. Came close but never happened.

• Deleted by Moshmen
Show…
Bro I'm vacationing to your pond that looks peaceful as it gets 😂🤪

My father’s farm is 100 acres. It’s only a lot if you have to work it all. He rents out at least half of it and uses the rest for his horses, track and gardens.

I always wanted a 10 acre hobby farm. Half with woods. Came close but never happened.
I always get tickled when I see the term, hobby farm. Anyone raised on a farm knows, it’s work! We work half our lives to get off the farm, while our friends work equally as hard to obtain one.
Seven acres is all I can handle. Five of that has been planted in flowers and herbs and an orchard. It’s still work though.
Hope all is good on your part of this rock! All is good here, it’s a range day!

Do not buy a boat. Two things Bust (Bust out another thousand) that will get you 2 or 2.5 oil changes today
Two best days of a boat owners life.The day his buys the boat and the day he sells the boat.
My Husband a retired ship Capt and fishing guide uses that very same scenario. Bust Out Another Thousand..BOAT!

My parents used to own a marina with dry land storage where they'd pull their boats out and do maintenance then put them back in. There was a large 3 hulled trimaran made of plywood and fiberglass. A group of guys were working on it over 2 summers and had it looking pretty good but winter came and they stopped working on it....3 years later they'd stopped paying storage fees and were 3 years behind in payments....

The boat was now covered in blackberry vines and rotting after 3 years of neglect, after 3 years of trying to get a hold of the owner my dad fed up torched the boat, burnt it to ashes.

About 1 year later I was running the Marina and a guy knocked on the door asking about the Trimaran. I had to tell him what had happened to it, about 1/2 hr later I notice him down in the yard kicking through the ashes. I felt so sad for this guy 30 ish and heart broken, dreams had been shattered as I guess circumstances wouldn't allow him to keep up with the money he needed to fulfill his dreams.......

Boats are a hole in the water you though money into........Rent don't buy..........I'd love a boat 5-6 times a year to putt around in on hot days but other than that to me at my age now? ...no I'd drown for sure

Back
Top Bottom