The subject of this thread is why I hate to drive any more.

Well, that and I’m and old fart!
I used to be the only one that would be willing to ride in the car with my grandpa after 90. I remember one time he took a turn down an on ramp on accident, he just put it in reverse, backed up out of the intersection and then back on the road to take the next turn which was cracker barrel. Lived till he was 99, drove by himself and lived by himself for the last ten years. He drove up until he was 97.

He used to love it when I would drive his Cadillac, he would look out the window at 90 something, and say he never get the chance to look out the window cause he was always the driver for so long... I still remember those moments fondly...

I could write a book about yesterday, but I’m going to modify it down to the footnotes version so Tom can keep up🙂
Yesterday was my first time to step up to an open class. I have been shooting tactical for the past five years. The difference? Weight of your weapon and the rest that it sits on.
Tactile shooting is done from a lightweight rest, the weapon must weigh 17 lbs or less and the whole set up is very mobile. It’s less stable shooting.
Open class the weapon must weigh 22 lbs or less, and you shoot off of a thirty plus lb. rest. Much more stable. To my way of thinking, much easier. But, nevertheless called stepping up.
I didn’t start my day with a smoke yesterday. Mistake one. I need that to slow down and clarify this ever churning mind of mine that runs at 1732 miles an hour.
First heat is unlimited sighters. Meaning you can shoot 40 test shots if you want prior to it counting as score. As long as you get twenty scored shots in in a 24 min match.
Second heat is only two sighters, with 20 shots for score in a 22 min period.
First heat, I shot a score of 197 out of a possible 200. Tough day, crazy conditions, feckkkked up mirage. Still, with a 197 I was on top!
Second heat, well this is where I checked out!
I sat down, on clock and began my sighters. Then I lost my mind. I continued to shoot sighters. Entirely forgetting this was round two and I only had two!
I did left to right nine o’clock holds, wow! I tried a right to left wind with a boiling mirage with a right ten hold. I tried opposing winds canceling one another.Finally after seven Feck off and see what this new weapon could do shots, I look at my scorer and tell him I am ready to begin record.
His mouth falls open and he says, “YOU are on record”!
Meaning five shots in, fecking off! I just blew five solid shots, trying shit! I scored two nines in that mindless run away! Nines are a kiss of death! Now, I have 15 shots left that must be perfect! Didn’t happen. A strong headwind and a boiling mirage took care of that! I dropped two more! Now, I have a 196 outta a possible 200.
I missed first place by two points. I lost out in ranking on 🎯’s. (Bullseyes)
I have no idea what I was thinking. The idea that I do have is I will never do that again without my mornin meds!
Now, the funny part? That went down the line like wildfire. Never and I mean never try to convince me that men are not tell it all’s!
Best part is? I am so far into their heads. Why? I pulled that score yesterday and every single one of them knows.. I fecked up and was fecking off, and STILL pulled high score like that! TFF.
Tomorrow, we start a two day competition. I’m now officially ready lol. Let the games begin!
Miracles occur in the strangest of ways.. oh indeed 🥰

I could write a book about yesterday, but I’m going to modify it down to the footnotes version so Tom can keep up🙂
Yesterday was my first time to step up to an open class. I have been shooting tactical for the past five years. The difference? Weight of your weapon and the rest that it sits on.
Tactile shooting is done from a lightweight rest, the weapon must weigh 17 lbs or less and the whole set up is very mobile. It’s less stable shooting.
Open class the weapon must weigh 22 lbs or less, and you shoot off of a thirty plus lb. rest. Much more stable. To my way of thinking, much easier. But, nevertheless called stepping up.
I didn’t start my day with a smoke yesterday. Mistake one. I need that to slow down and clarify this ever churning mind of mine that runs at 1732 miles an hour.
First heat is unlimited sighters. Meaning you can shoot 40 test shots if you want prior to it counting as score. As long as you get twenty scored shots in in a 24 min match.
First heat, I shot a score of 197 out of a possible 200. Tough day, crazy conditions, feckkkked up mirage. Still, with a 197 I was on top!
I sat down, on clock and began my sighters. Then I lost my mind. I continued to shoot sighters. Entirely forgetting this was round two and I only had two!
I did left to right nine o’clock holds, wow! I tried a right to left wind with a boiling mirage with a right ten hold. I tried opposing winds canceling one another.Finally after seven Feck off and see what this new weapon could do shots, I look at my scorer and tell him I am ready to begin record.
Meaning five shots in, fecking off! I just blew five solid shots, trying shit! I scored two nines in that mindless run away! Nines are a kiss of death! Now, I have 15 shots left that must be perfect! Didn’t happen. A strong headwind and a boiling mirage took care of that! I dropped two more! Now, I have a 196 outta a possible 200.
I have no idea what I was thinking. The idea that I do have is I will never do that again without my mornin meds!
Now, the funny part? That went down the line like wildfire. Never and I mean never try to convince me that men are not tell it all’s!
Best part is? I am so far into their heads. Why? I pulled that score yesterday and every single one of them knows.. I fecked up and was fecking off, and STILL pulled high score like that! TFF.
Tomorrow, we start a two day competition. I’m now officially ready lol. Let the games begin!
When the walking dead apocalypse starts, I may need to join your group, sounds like you have security covered!

Couple years back it was raining out, my sister was following a car as they approached a stop sign, she was to close and the lady jacked on her brackets. They where going slow enough that the screws on my sisters license plate scratched her bumper, that was the extent of the damage. The lady called 911 and had to b take to the hospital strapped to a back board cause she said her neck was killing her and she couldn’t feel things…..long story short insurance company called 4 days later got my sisters side of the story then informed her the insurance company was going to take care of it and pursue legal action against this lady because it’s was like the 7th time she had pulled this same stunt trying to get the big payout….never heard another word…..some people🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

My 5 year anniversary today...I feel, ok about it hahaha...ups and downs.

Setting up my grow tent waiting on my wife and son to get home from running some errands. Hope everyone has a good day
Hey congratulations. Celebrated my 50th yesterday. Are you up for a challenge? Consider it done.

Have a great day MDK

My 5 year anniversary today...I feel, ok about it hahaha...ups and downs.

Setting up my grow tent waiting on my wife and son to get home from running some errands. Hope everyone has a good day
Congrats, we just got through our first year... Phew lol, it's all downhill now right? 😂

You gotta any plans to make the day special?

Oh shit @smoke congrats dude...you got me whipped... to get to 50 years we will have to live til nearly 90 years each...we got married in our late 30s.

Takes a lot of work to make it to 50, so I tip my hat to you good sir!
We got married in our late teens so yes i guess we did have a head start

Trust me after this shoot, I could only hope for Deadeye.. I’m pretty sure it’s Dumbazz. Tell ya alllll about in a post here in just a few minutes.
Im catching up on the “footnotes”. 😍
If we ever do a meet up and you hear someone scream "AaaaaaOoooooo" that'll be me. A.O. Annie Oakley!!! :LOL:

Congrats, we just got through our first year... Phew lol, it's all downhill now right? 😂

You gotta any plans to make the day special?
I had planned on going out to enjoy the day and get something to eat somewhere. Then her dad called. Now she has to run him to Menards and all sorts of fun shit that could be done any day....probably going to buy some trash to throw in his hoard pile...I'm sure it could wait but he can't.

He's that type of guy that'll ask you to do something for him on your wedding day even, no care or concern for what you have going on. 😒

Way to own it CG. Go get em. I really appreciate your determination and hope you do well. I really struggle with my shot cause Im left eye dominant and right handed.

Went to check on the 2 plants i have in the back yard just now and only 1 was there.....

But then i found it.....
And i cant get it, 18 gallon tote full of soil, got 2+ inches of rain today and forgot the creek its in floods when it rains heavy. Well the water just took off with it and washed it up into a pile of brush. Hopefully it stays there til tonight or tomorrow when it dries up enough to get at. 20230707_162851.jpg

Last edited:
Went to check on the 2 plants i have in the back yard just now and only 1 was there.....

But i found it.....
And i cant get it, 18 gallon tote full of soil, got 2+ inches of rain today and forgot the creek its in floods when it rains heavy. Well the water just took off with it and washed it up into a pile of brush. Hopefully it stays there til tonight or tomorrow when it dried up enough to get. View attachment 12086
Imagine being on the river and seeing one of those babies float by.

But then i found it.....
And i cant get it, 18 gallon tote full of soil, got 2+ inches of rain today and forgot the creek its in floods when it rains heavy. Well the water just took off with it and washed it up into a pile of brush. Hopefully it stays there til tonight or tomorrow when it dries up enough to get. View attachment 12086
You're over watering.

But then i found it.....
And i cant get it, 18 gallon tote full of soil, got 2+ inches of rain today and forgot the creek its in floods when it rains heavy. Well the water just took off with it and washed it up into a pile of brush. Hopefully it stays there til tonight or tomorrow when it dries up enough to get at. View attachment 12086
That might be the first outdoor hydro grow I have seen.i don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but damn dude thanks for the picture.what a trip.

@GoodShit97 I'm dying over here dude that's some wild shit! Well written too, when I read you found it I thought eh all is good weeds just grew up...then I saw it....yea dude that's some force to move that sucker. 🤣😂

Build ya a little base with big rock to set it up on maybe?

Thanks for the laugh dude....glad it isn't a loss!

That might be the first outdoor hydro grow I have seen.i don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but damn dude thanks for the picture.what a trip.
@GoodShit97 I'm dying over here dude that's some wild shit! Well written too, when I read you found it I thought eh all is good weeds just grew up...then I saw it....yea dude that's some force to move that sucker. 🤣😂

Build ya a little base with big rock to set it up on maybe?

Thanks for the laugh dude....glad it isn't a loss!
Haha i find it quite amusing myself. Glad i made yall laugh 🤣
That water mustve been at least 2 feet deep at some point to move that thing as far as it did.

Bro I'd be swimming no lie...wading out in there in my sneakers if I had to lol

Mother nature being mother f'er

I've seen croc hunter, I've seen bum hunter, now I've seen chronic hunter lol
I was gonna go out and get it, but i looked at where it is and its wadded up in a pile of brush. Im not thinking its going anywhere and it was also a plant i planned on chopping down cause it revegged on me, so im not so sure i really care? Lmao🤣

On another note.
I cant believe they are demolishing the Iron Triangle (Willets Point, Queens)
I drove through there in like 2010 on my way to a NY Mets game. It was a shithole but thats a huge livelihood for soooo many people and they just gonna wipe it off the map. Such a shame NY.

Back
Top Bottom