Cement Shoes S1 by Universally Seeded in RDWC - Bud Builders

I couldn’t get the scrog table last week because it was not finished yet. Picked it up on the way home today and better late than never, but they were wild when I got home!

Gave em a good haircut and got the scrog installed. We’ll see how long it takes to recover from what I did today 😅

Before and after-

View attachment 47947

View attachment 47948
Now is also the time to lollypop those ladies if you haven’t already. I cant see well below the table.

Now is also the time to lollypop those ladies if you haven’t already. I cant see well below the table.
I did do quite a bit of that before I installed the scrog. There is still some that needs to be done but since I am so inexperienced with this technique, I'm taking my time like I did with the first one and letting them go a bit so I can see which ones to take and which to leave. There were a lot that I knew would not make it, those are gone. Many others that I am not sure yet.

I think I got the Rose Gold Pave fairly good for the first attempt, looking to improve on that with this one so gonna spend the next 3 days gettin em pruned up and ready for blossoms.

Cement Shoes is a rare slightly indica dominant hybrid strain (60% indica/40% sativa) created through a cross of the classic Animal Cookies 09 X OG Kush Breath X Wet Dream strains. If you're on the hunt for a super heavy body high that will leave you glued to your couch and immovable for hours on end, Cement Shoes is totally the medicine for you.

Cool. Hope you like it. I honestly had not heard of this, but it is also called concrete slippers, that one I had heard of.
Yeah I had it and don't remember what happened to those seeds =(

Four days after installing the Scrog and these gals are recovering nicely. I've taken many lower branches and fans off but still have more to do once I get home next week, should have all the bud sites picked at that time and everything below the Scrog taken off. Res has been super stable but a bit hot @ 400, so been diluting that down, almost at the sweet spot just in time for another res change 🤷‍♂️. Gonna swap out the water when I get home for early bloom ratios.

I wanted to change the res out before I left for work but been having problems with my RO system. I have ordered a new membrane for the system, also going to get an inline booster pump that will get me a steady and higher input pressure in my system. We are on a well with a pressure tank and a 60-40 psi pressure switch which is just not optimal for the system. The system wants a min of 40 psi and will accept as much as 80. The most my system can give with that 60-40 switch is 60psi and that drops continually till the tank reaches 40 and then the switch kicks on the pump and does it all over again. This new pump will give me a constant 65 psi to the system and work much more to its optimal levels. A new membrane is also in order and I should be good to go. I've been having a very hard time keeping up with my water needs and this is also likely the reason my ppm are continuing to rise in my tank. Last time I pulled water out and measured it, it was sitting at 110 ppm, the membrane is shot and this is the cause of my too high ppm.

Here is a photo from this morning. She has recovered very nicely I think and hoping for a nice even canopy throughout.

Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 9.48.22 AM.png

Looks perfect man.

What do you do with your RO waste water? That would be as good as normal well water for use in the kitchen and bath. Or at least to collect and water outdoor plants.

What do you do with your RO waste water? That would be as good as normal well water for use in the kitchen and bath. Or at least to collect and water outdoor plants.
Are you talking about that waste line that comes off the RO system?

If so, I've got that line running to waste down the drain with the clothes washing machine which sits next to my RO tank. Good idea, had not considered using that water at all. I'll have to ponder how I could make that happen.

Are you talking about that waste line that comes off the RO system?

If so, I've got that line running to waste down the drain with the clothes washing machine which sits next to my RO tank. Good idea, had not considered using that water at all. I'll have to ponder how I could make that happen.
If you are also on septic it makes a lot of sense to collect and find a use for that. Generally 3X waste per finished RO. Saves the well pump electricity too. The hard part is doing it with gravity. Based on what I remember of your remodel, that might not be possible, or at least easy.

Believe it or not, our little metropolis of 66 folks has a city sewer system, the lagoon is just down over the hill from our house 🤷‍♂️

Yea, I would have to do it with a pump if I tried to do something with that water, something like a condensate pump for a furnace would likely work. And yea, that waste is substantial, I never liked it but its the facts of life here.

Once this new pump is installed, with a new membrane, I should be easily able to keep up with my needs and shut that RO off when the tank is full. At the best, in the past it's taken 3 days to fill that tank up and now with the membrane shot, I'm barely keeping up with what the plants are drinking, let alone res changes! I think this pump will make a huge difference. I've seen Toads RO and it runs a steady stream.....mine drips a fast drip at best and recently slowed to almost nothing. I didn't realize those membranes need to be changed at the minimum of every 6 months....its been over a year 🤦‍♂️

Why is that? Biological or chemicals added?
It's because of all the TDS in the well water. The higher that is, the less time the membrane will last. Typical city water is around 300 ppm. Our well water is 8-900 ppm and un-usable in hydro. I think @smoke has well water over 2000 :oops:

Mrs SweetLeaf snapped a couple of photos yesterday of these girls. Pretty happy so far with the xxl Scrog, except'n the one front left, seems a bit lanky still and an obvious different pheno from the others but thinking she will catch up fine.

Will do one more major defoliation when I get home tomorrow and it's looking like the fun is about to begin!

IMG_4929.jpeg73240377124__5170DC46-C4BA-4996-81C6-3F23704AEE73.jpeg73240381742__711D3F98-0D30-400D-9426-ECBCE4FF1262.jpeg

Last edited:
Did a bit more defoliation on these gals and chugging along, full on blossom mode. Interesting to see the different phenotypes, one is lanky but looking good, another is one of those tricksters trying to fool me to thinking she’s N deficient but I ain’t fooled this time, she darkens in after a few days. The other odd thing about that one is she is throwing some freakish fans out, never really seen that before.

Other than that,res is stable, running around 420 ppm’s.

IMG_4353.jpegIMG_4354.jpegIMG_4355.jpegIMG_4356.jpegIMG_4357.jpegIMG_4358.jpegIMG_4359.jpegIMG_4349.jpegIMG_4350.jpegIMG_4351.jpeg

Did a bit more defoliation on these gals and chugging along, full on blossom mode. Interesting to see the different phenotypes, one is lanky but looking good, another is one of those tricksters trying to fool me to thinking she’s N deficient but I ain’t fooled this time, she darkens in after a few days. The other odd thing about that one is she is throwing some freakish fans out, never really seen that before.

View attachment 50632View attachment 50633View attachment 50634View attachment 50635View attachment 50636View attachment 50637View attachment 50638View attachment 50639View attachment 50640View attachment 50641
Interesting mutation

Interesting mutation
Agreed. If you look close in one of those photos, you can see the plant that's doing it and there are quite a few that you can see that I left on the stems. None of the other 3 plants are doing this and I've never seen anything quite like that.

View attachment 50632View attachment 50633View attachment 50634View attachment 50635View attachment 50636View attachment 50637View attachment 50638View attachment 50639View attachment 50640View attachment 50641
I have actually seen this before, but ya best keep a keen eye on it!

I remember first reading about polyploids back in the 80s~! I believe it is explained in Ed Rosenthal's grower's bible.
Ed's book explained how to do it with crushed plant bulbs I believe as a catalyst.
Colchicine, in the form of the autumn crocus (Colchicum autumnale), has been used as early as 1500 BC to treat joint swelling.[9] It was approved for medical use in the United States in 1961.[1]
Taken from; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchicine
The production of tetraploid plant was improved with colchicine at different concentrations and time through dropping method. Flow cytometry analysis was used to confirm the ploidy level. Morphologic, anatomic and biochemical characteristics were compared between tetraploid and diploid control plants. The results showed that 0.2% colchicine for 24 h was the most efficient for production of polyploid plants. The percentage of tetraploid plants and the survival rate were lowered by the increasing the treatment time.
Taken from; https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-54564-6_17

Agreed. If you look close in one of those photos, you can see the plant that's doing it and there are quite a few that you can see that I left on the stems. None of the other 3 plants are doing this and I've never seen anything quite like that.
I've seen it before, I thought it was from pushing the light limits. really not sure though.

Man my city water is like 300-350 and I thought that was crazy, but 1k, 2k? that's absolute insanity. BIL's water up in Sac is like 50PPMs, but the PH is fucked, 9.5 last time we checked.

Those girls are going to be massive man.

Man my city water is like 300-350 and I thought that was crazy, but 1k, 2k? that's absolute insanity. BIL's water up in Sac is like 50PPMs, but the PH is fucked, 9.5 last time we checked.

Those girls are going to be massive man.
Yeah, no way that works with hydro. You might be able to get away with it on a soil grow, but even then I think I would still use an RO.

I think my wife would go insane trying to keep the shower doors clean. Insaner?

I'd be curious to know what makes up that 1K+? Probably lots of calcium. If there is sodium in there, that's a big problem for any plants other than mangroves, but they don't smoke as nice as weed IME. I'd stick with RO and cannabis personally.

They lookin THICK lol. She is so happy she is growing leaves on her leaves :D.

Back
Top Bottom