Cult Classic Mellow Fellow in RDWC - Bud Builders

No, Todd does not sell seeds.

I got this pack from a friend over at the other place, I'm pretty sure they were a prize in the potm and my buddy asked me if I wanted them, never gonna turn that down. CannaGranny got me interested in a strain called Cement Shoes. Could not find that strain but remembered Cement Shoes was a parent strain of something I had in my collection, turned out to be the Mellow Fellow so decided to run it. Seems I had remembered hearing good things about Cult Classic too.

Marshmallow OG is the other parent and is an elite from Compound Genetics that I have heard great things about.

I still have some if you are interested let me know.
Well she seems like a great plant, let's see how you like it.

I'm kinda in the same boat, I have so many seeds to run going back to even before the farm for me. I'll never get to all of them.

Flipped this gal on the 7th of November, tomorrow gonna give her a 21 day haircut and get ready for the show 😁

Running about 500 ppm and looking good. She stretched more than I expected but I think she is almost done and ready to start making buds.

IMG_3739.jpegIMG_3740.jpegIMG_3741.jpegIMG_3742.jpegIMG_3743.jpeg

Got this gal trimmed up the other day and she is starting to shine. I think she's done stretching and starting to work on beautiful blossoms, super excited for this one!

Res has been super steady, running 5.8 pH and 525 ppm, been rock solid there for days now. I'm going to change the res out on this one next week and bump her up for her flower making festival I have planned, no nutrient deficiencies, lockouts or otherwise for this party 🎉🥳IMG_3775.jpegIMG_3776.jpegIMG_3777.jpegIMG_3778.jpeg

Got this gal trimmed up the other day and she is starting to shine. I think she's done stretching and starting to work on beautiful blossoms, super excited for this one!

Res has been super steady, running 5.8 pH and 525 ppm, been rock solid there for days now. I'm going to change the res out on this one next week and bump her up for her flower making festival I have planned, no nutrient deficiencies, lockouts or otherwise for this party 🎉🥳View attachment 32030View attachment 32031View attachment 32032View attachment 32033
Looking noice buddy! 👊

Looking back, Week 5 flower is in the books and today is the start of the 6th week. This strain has grown a tad bit slower than I am used to, both in veg and in flower. I do have to remember that I started this from seed so the veg is going to be longer, just seems longer this time.

She is drinking over a gallon a day and feeding at 395 ppm. The only issue I've had this week is with my bucket lid and net pot. I made that hole a tad bit bigger than it should have been and that net pot fell through the hole the other day. I used one of those small ratchet chords that come with grow lights to wrap around the base of that stem, and once I got the net pot pulled back up through the hole, cinched it tight to one of the ceiling supports at the top of the tent. Worked pretty well and that stem is robust enough, I do not think it's going to choke the plant at all.

IMG_3879.jpegIMG_3880.jpegIMG_3881.jpegIMG_3882.jpegIMG_3885.jpegIMG_3884.jpeg

Had to use a second ratchet chord to hold this gal up and centered in the tent, she's a gettin top heavy.

Changed out the res and reset the GH ratios for mid flower, a bit more than 1/2 way through what I think will be a 10 week grow, week 6 almost in the books, will probably change this out one more time around the end of week 8.

Been slowly reducing the ppm in the res as she is asking for less and less, down around 350 this morning if I am remembering right.

IMG_3897.jpegIMG_3896.jpeg

Cruising along with this beauty, 6 full weeks almost in the books, gonna change out this res next week for the later flower ratios. She has been asking for less nutrients and down near 260 atm and very steady. Flowers are starting to stack, coming up on the homestretch with ths one.

Had to get two more ratchet chords and secured this baby from falling over.

IMG_3984.jpegIMG_3985.jpegIMG_3986.jpegIMG_3987.jpegIMG_3988.jpegIMG_3990.jpeg

Week 8 in the books, not sure how long this strain will go but the breeder says 8-10 weeks, I am thinking closer to 10 still but I do see her slowing down. This is not going to be the greatest yield as I did next to nothing on the training here and the canopy is all over the place. I do believe had I done some training, this strain would at least be a medium yielder, but I do expect a decent harvest from this plant.

The flowers are fattening up somewhat, especially the ones closest to the light, some of the pistils are changing color. She is still drinking a gallon + a day but her nutrient needs have slowly been tapering off, eating fairly stable in the res now at 200 ppm. I did change out the res on Tuesday for late bloom ratios, kept that ppm a bit higher but she immediately let me know that was too hot and been bringing that number down, finally stabilizing right at that 200 ppm mark. I've also not been waiting for her to drink some and then dilute, I've been more aggressive by removing/replacing in 1.5 gallon increments over the past two days to find the sweet spot....think I'm finally there so it should not be a big deal for Mrs SLG when I am out of town this weekend till Tuesday this week.

Lastly, if it aint one thing it's another with me, I'll get it all down one day! I also am ending up with a bit of foxtailing on this plant, think I just turned the light up too high to compensate for the uneven canopy. Not 100% on this diagnosis but think it may be from the light being to intense. The only thing that makes me doubt this theory is some of the lower buds are also foxtailing as well. I dunno, will I ever have the perfect grow?

One day grasshopper...one day. 🦗

IMG_4057.jpegIMG_4058.jpegIMG_4059.jpegIMG_4060.jpegIMG_4061.jpegIMG_4064.jpeg

Last edited:
Slg from my experience foxtails are primarily genetic. You don’t normally get them, so probably not something you are doing.

Also ime foxtails smoke the same as normal buds. Don’t sweat it.

Thanks Moe, I’m not so worried about foxtails on this plant, I think it’s more genetic as you and others have said. Either way, I’m pretty happy with this grow. Today is the second day of the 10th week so I’m getting real close when I get home from work this weekend I think it might be time to start looking at trichomes.

Starting to see a nice fade to purple here and there. Pistols are turning orange and shriveling up, she’s still drinking quite a bit though. I think with this grow, I have almost had the perfect nutrient going, the least amount of nutirent burn on a plant yet for me, just a tiny bit of leaf tip burn, can't even remember when or what happened without going back on this journal....don't care, think it's my best effort yet using the mantra LESS IS MORE.

IMG_4102.jpegIMG_4104.jpegIMG_4105.jpegIMG_4106.jpegIMG_4108.jpegIMG_4107.jpegIMG_4103.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_4115.jpegIMG_4116.jpegIMG_4118.jpegIMG_4121.jpegIMG_4122.jpegIMG_4123.jpegIMG_4117.jpegAlmost a full 10 weeks in the books with this girl. I did get in and look at trichomes but nothing says that she’s getting close yet. She is getting very odiferous in a very good way, still drinking moderate amount of water, running at about 270 ppm, and just adding plain water till the end at this point. I have a one day window on Monday to harvest if it’s ready when I get back from work. If it’s not ready on Monday, it will have to be on Thursday when I get back home from a scheduled surgery out of town.

IMG_4159.jpegIMG_4160.jpegIMG_4161.jpegIMG_4162.jpegIMG_4164.jpegIMG_4167.jpegIMG_4168.jpeg2024-01-22-11-40-44-840.jpeg2024-01-22-11-39-49-807.jpeg2024-01-22-11-36-57-470.jpeg2024-01-22-11-37-15-138.jpeg2024-01-22-11-38-04-507.jpegGot home this morning and this girl is not ready yet, looking like Thursday may be the day to harvest. Getting a nice fade and things are starting look ripe, drinking less and wanting less, ppm’s right around 200.

I'm a bit stumped with this plant, seems like the genetics just take/took forever at every step, harvest time has been no exception. Really interested in what some think of these closeups. I either need to harvest TODAY or it will have to wait until Monday, again....Everytime I think it's going to be time to chop, it's not!

Pistils have pretty much shriveled up, no new ones to speak of. She is drinking still but definitely slowed down and also got a nice purple fade going on. She's starting to fall all over herself and I need to make a decision soon. My biggest hang up is still not a lot of amber to speak of on the calyx's, definitely some amber on sugar leaves but I would like to see some on the buds too. For the most part, I'm not seeing any clear and most everything looks cloudy to me.

Sitting right now at 12 weeks and 2 days since flip on a 10 week strain. Seems like she took about two weeks to show pistils after flip, so right about 10 weeks and 2 days of flowering time in the books.

2024-02-01-09-49-11-906.jpeg2024-02-01-09-50-10-232.jpeg2024-02-01-09-51-21-304.jpeg2024-02-01-09-52-08-518.jpeg2024-02-01-09-52-47-806.jpeg2024-02-01-09-54-18-133.jpeg2024-02-01-09-54-58-214.jpeg2024-02-01-09-56-06-060.jpeg2024-02-01-09-57-40-792.jpeg2024-02-01-09-59-03-574.jpeg

I'm a bit stumped with this plant, seems like the genetics just take/took forever at every step, harvest time has been no exception. Really interested in what some think of these closeups. I either need to harvest TODAY or it will have to wait until Monday, again....Everytime I think it's going to be time to chop, it's not!

Pistils have pretty much shriveled up, no new ones to speak of. She is drinking still but definitely slowed down and also got a nice purple fade going on. She's starting to fall all over herself and I need to make a decision soon. My biggest hang up is still not a lot of amber to speak of on the calyx's, definitely some amber on sugar leaves but I would like to see some on the buds too. For the most part, I'm not seeing any clear and most everything looks cloudy to me.

View attachment 42804View attachment 42805View attachment 42806View attachment 42807View attachment 42808View attachment 42809View attachment 42810View attachment 42811View attachment 42812View attachment 42813
Shed be getting the axe if it were mine.🪓
But i never shoot for much amber at all.

I ended up going until the 5th to take this gal down, dried and jarred up, ended up with 10.75 zips, nice looking rock hard buds for sure, had a bit of larf but even the larf was pretty soild buds from what I have had in the past.

Got a sample in for testing, in progress, but got the lab closeup. There was a good amount of amber there but when I actually harvested, there was very little but I took her down anyway, she went over 12 weeks in 12/12 lighting but took at least two weeks to show pistils. Thinking I need to start counting flower days from first pistils.

mellowfellow lab.jpg

Really enjoying this strain, it's a really nice smoke. I recently bought a water bong and have given this a go and wow, super powerful.

IMG_4374.jpg

I love the terpene profile of this strain with lots of Linalool for nighttime, Limonene for anti anxiety and anti cancer, and the Caryophyllene is also anti cancer. The longer it sits in the jars, the better it gets.

I also noticed basically a 3-way tie for the 3rd most dominant terpene with Linalool, beta Pinene, and Myrcene being within 3/100ths of a percentage point from each other.

Super excited about the current Cement Shoes grow as that strain was one of the parents of the Mellow Fellow. I had heard good things about Cult Classic and I can't argue with that. Looking forward to trying out the Tropicana Shoes, another Cement Shoes cross I have waiting to pop.

Back
Top Bottom