Everything Ninjadip

dunno how i missed this. i hit 18.9lbs at peak boost in 3rd gear on a stage 1+ tune. not too worried about the head gasket, but moreso ring lands. EJ255s like to break up there before they make a milkshake
I did blow my transmission when I first got the tune going 50+ in reverse or too much torque, it ate the gears up

Praise the universe at the time and the karma dealt to me, I got the dealer to fix it under warranty 5k before the 60k limit, and despite it being flagged as tuned, which is usually a dead end for warranty coverage

The roads are wet tonight, love taking that traction control off and getting that turbo up

My wife actually helped me wire the switch, shitty it's not standard. Had to wire it to the ABS and then program the ECU to tell it what to do when it received the on bit in the last register I think

@tobh hey car question, I just had my first, mixture too rich, code thrown the other day. I'm thinking I'm not getting enough air? I cleaned my air filter a few months ago though and I don't drive on gravel roads. What do you think it might be? Spark related?

I did blow my transmission when I first got the tune going 50+ in reverse or too much torque, it ate the gears up

Praise the universe at the time and the karma dealt to me, I got the dealer to fix it under warranty 5k before the 60k limit, and despite it being flagged as tuned, which is usually a dead end for warranty coverage

The roads are wet tonight, love taking that traction control off and getting that turbo up

My wife actually helped me wire the switch, shitty it's not standard. Had to wire it to the ABS and then program the ECU to tell it what to do when it received the on bit in the last register I think

@tobh hey car question, I just had my first, mixture too rich, code thrown the other day. I'm thinking I'm not getting enough air? I cleaned my air filter a few months ago though and I don't drive on gravel roads. What do you think it might be? Spark related?
too rich could be a few things. I would need to know which O2 sensor gave that reading. if it was upstream, i wouldn't worry about it. if it was downstream, I'd be looking at a possible injector leak, or simply bad catalytic converter. since it's tuned, the cat will give up the ghost sooner than later.

bank 1 = upstream (before the cat)
bank 2 = downstream (after the cat)

too rich could be a few things. I would need to know which O2 sensor gave that reading. if it was upstream, i wouldn't worry about it. if it was downstream, I'd be looking at a possible injector leak, or simply bad catalytic converter. since it's tuned, the cat will give up the ghost sooner than later.

bank 1 = upstream (before the cat)
bank 2 = downstream (after the cat)
damn once you said downstream i started thinking about the cat.... i forgot i had some high temp readings on the cat 2 years ago in a spirited run. i had the engine cleaned at 70k i think just because i read horror stories of the direct injection causing unburnt buildup over time. not sure if that info was right as i already use 93 octane gas that should be cleaning everything on that end.

yeah so the cat....
inspection due this month, should still pass, no CE lights now besides that one random code thrown the other day. you're right it's only a matter of time. now i have to decide if i'm going to replace the cat or use this reason to do the 3" turbo back exhaust upgrade with the race cat by CTS. now only if i lived in an area where people steal non-prius cats so i could get insurance to cover it... lol!! j/k progressive!

damn once you said downstream i started thinking about the cat.... i forgot i had some high temp readings on the cat 2 years ago in a spirited run. i had the engine cleaned at 70k i think just because i read horror stories of the direct injection causing unburnt buildup over time. not sure if that info was right as i already use 93 octane gas that should be cleaning everything on that end.

yeah so the cat....
inspection due this month, should still pass, no CE lights now besides that one random code thrown the other day. you're right it's only a matter of time. now i have to decide if i'm going to replace the cat or use this reason to do the 3" turbo back exhaust upgrade with the race cat by CTS. now only if i lived in an area where people steal non-prius cats so i could get insurance to cover it... lol!! j/k progressive!
if you do a full TBE, go with a high flow cat. don't do catless. you're not driving a race car, and almost no tuner will touch a car that has emission equipment deleted now because of CARB laws.

having the head walnut blasted was a solid idea. it's damn near a 100k mile service requirement now, tbh. direct injection has its benefits but it has some serious issues too. I'm glad my EJ255 isn't direct injected specifically because of this. cold fuel hitting the intake valves keeps em fresh.

if you want to avoid another walnut blasting before you do a motor swap, meth injection is the way. you could even just run water injection, and it'll drop intake temp 20-ish degrees while increasing compression numbers, but meth will drop intake temps the same plus boost octane and increase compression numbers, so you get more power. either way, you sacrifice longevity of the engine, so if you're not already, you better set up a savings account for the new engine and setup direct deposits every check to fund it.

coming from a car guy with that savings account setup. it's not a matter of if in wrx life, but when. when it happens i want an iag closed deck long block. just saying.

might up the FAE a little. the wrinkly/deformed stems are indicative of too high of CO2. Otherwise, looking awesome man!

might up the FAE a little. the wrinkly/deformed stems are indicative of too high of CO2. Otherwise, looking awesome man!
Yeah you are right, trying to get better. Not sure if I need more top holes or more fanning. Yesterday I fanned 3x, previous days I was doing 5-6 but noticed some drying out. Not sure if just that time or not.

Been reading on shroomery and I am realizing my noob mistakes more and more....

I like this first post about all the tek

I'm loving it... Getting a super skunky earthy smell from these girlsPXL_20231027_000915061~2.jpgPXL_20231027_000951107~2.jpgPXL_20231027_000946727.jpg

Funny how they are all close as shit to the light but instead of burning them it's turning them into frost magnets, really expected them to be crispy getting that close. 125watt light on 100%, I think 14/10 is what I have the light schedule now.
PXL_20231027_000807138~2.jpg

So I've had some falling ph in the other tent for 2 weeks, even after a res change. I adjusted the chiller from 68 to 70 and now the ph is rising ever so slowly like it should be. Very interesting.... That was the only change. Always learning..

Photo update

Purple punch auto
PXL_20231103_112244077.jpg

4x4 scrog, we have banana blaze from Dutch passion as the biggest in there, white rhino(white widow parent) with the biggest leaves, and the small one in bottom left alien dragon. PXL_20231103_112109628.jpgPXL_20231103_112145932.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20231103_112206396~2.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231103_112206396~2.jpg
    PXL_20231103_112206396~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20231103_112253978.jpg
    PXL_20231103_112253978.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231103_112145932.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20231103_112145932.PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231103_112109628.jpg
    PXL_20231103_112109628.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I'm loving it... Getting a super skunky earthy smell from these girlsView attachment 27299View attachment 27300View attachment 27301

Funny how they are all close as shit to the light but instead of burning them it's turning them into frost magnets, really expected them to be crispy getting that close. 125watt light on 100%, I think 14/10 is what I have the light schedule now.
View attachment 27302

So I've had some falling ph in the other tent for 2 weeks, even after a res change. I adjusted the chiller from 68 to 70 and now the ph is rising ever so slowly like it should be. Very interesting.... That was the only change. Always learning..
Hey, I got a chiller last run and I thought I'd read 68f for res temp. so that's what I did but since then I've read more and I was thinking 74f was a better temp. Something about roots and plants being close to the same temp was preferred. After my harvest and looking at the roots they were not as healthy looking as I'd like with light brownish roots. Before the I had a chiller they looked fine nice and white so I was thinking that with what I've read or seen on vids that 74-75f might be better than 68f.

Have you info that says 68f is the preferred temperature? Is it something you've done in the past?

Hey, I got a chiller last run and I thought I'd read 68f for res temp. so that's what I did but since then I've read more and I was thinking 74f was a better temp. Something about roots and plants being close to the same temp was preferred. After my harvest and looking at the roots they were not as healthy looking as I'd like with light brownish roots. Before the I had a chiller they looked fine nice and white so I was thinking that with what I've read or seen on vids that 74-75f might be better than 68f.

Have you info that says 68f is the preferred temperature? Is it something you've done in the past?
I have always run mine at 68 deg

Screenshot_20230820-172402_Samsung Internet.jpg

I ran at 68 to get a higher DO. I have read that roots/plant has more vigorous growth at 72.

In my RWDC I have it at 70, I did the last run at 68 I think. In the auto tent the temp ranges from 72-78 with no chiller, occasionally adding ice, and they are doing great.

I think they can do well in a range from 68-75 imo as long as your DO remains high. In my warm aeroponic res I don't have any air stones, but one Venturi instead.

I ran at 68 to get a higher DO. I have read that roots/plant has more vigorous growth at 72.

In my RWDC I have it at 70, I did the last run at 68 I think. In the auto tent the temp ranges from 72-78 with no chiller, occasionally adding ice, and they are doing great.

I think they can do well in a range from 68-75 imo as long as your DO remains high. In my warm aeroponic res I don't have any air stones, but one Venturi instead.
I'm using Auto Pots and in the summer my res temp was in the mid 80's I had to do something so I bought a chiller to stabilize the temp. Now I'm going to use it as a heater to set it at 74f while my basement winter is 64-67f. I didn't like my root color and I'm blaming the temp I had it set at ....in contrast to the summer plant /leaf temp around 78-80+

I saw you post about chiller temps and I've plants ready to go into my auto pots any day now my chillers all cleaned up and ready to go. I bought a filter to put between pump and chiller this run. I had caked sediment throughout my system. I didn't clean my res through the grow... a bit of lazy I won't repete

Purple update.
A few still left
And we got a mutant??

3 different auto purple punch
PXL_20231201_233012714.PORTRAIT~2.jpgPXL_20231201_232932784.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpgPXL_20231201_232923556.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

And then this mutant purple gelato I let get too close to the light and foxtail. There is also bleaching on a chunk there
PXL_20231201_233938227.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

And then there is this weird one that is all frosty and in the corner, purple gelatoPXL_20231201_232945032.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

trying new drying method.. and i love it! Finally getting that slow dry. been 9 days now, just tasted yesterday... amazing

I am using this little wine chiller that has a range of like 50-70 i think, so 60 is at a very efficient spot in its range for one.
don't cringe about the fan! it's such a small current i haven't noticed any ill effects to buds in front of it or around it.
The white cylinder is a reusable wicking agent to lower RH. It has beads in it that absorb moisture, then a heater core that when you "charge" it, will dry out the beads so they can wick moisture again. It will last about 2 days in there before i have to take it out and plug it in for a few hours until it is "dry" again, and then put it back in.

while this looks like the most unconventional and idiotic setups to dry (i realize this in the picture) it is drying at a very slow steady rate that i'm really digging.
1701520560483.jpeg

taste sample approved!

1701520585879.jpeg

@Coco Lopez i can't remember, how did your buds fare with your wine chiller trial a few months back (or was it last year..) ?

update, turned fan against wall. going to turn off tomorrow, and buds should be ready for grove bags by then (that would be 11 days drying). stinky and sticky big time in the best of ways

this was the first time, next time i will have fan on them for the first 3-4 days, then turn the fan against the wall for the remainder.

i've had some struggles drying before, but this is turning out to be the very best. i know the dry is crucial, but could never get my dry room temps in the right range. i couldn't be happier with how this little wine box is going for its initial run.

once i pull these out and grove bag 'em, i have a few more to chop and put in there and repeat. sometimes life's great

just wrote this today while daydreaming at work

Exit

Staring, wandering
Fly from here to there,
Just to stare.
“Exit” it says…

I am there,
But I feel stuck here.

rating of last week's dried purple punch buds:
taste = 8, high = 5, hard to describe smell, floral with a subtle earthy balance, sweet and fruity but not in a citrusy way, tastes just like it smells.

would i do again? yes and no. If i had the room and wanted something in the mix for the taste and subtle high, this is the one.

another purple punch cut down
1701739007127.jpeg1701739034595.jpeg1701739026580.jpeg

Attachments

• 1701739019027.jpeg
    1701739019027.jpeg
    656.8 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom