My advice? Quit counting days. Let the plant do what it needs to regardless of the timing.

For me, I react to what the plant gives me and what space I am trying to fill rather than looking at a calendar. The only dates that really matter are when you germ and when you harvest - the rest are just sorta rules of thumb.

My advice? Quit counting days. Let the plant do what it needs to regardless of the timing.

For me, I react to what the plant gives me and what space I am trying to fill rather than looking at a calendar. The only dates that really matter are when you germ and when you harvest - the rest are just sorta rules of thumb.
This… there is no set it at this for this day etc…. They are nothing more than guidelines always go by the plants and never a schedule

Just found this on SF's website. I must've thought I read 12 for flower and 18 for veg. I'll be hoisting it up another 6 inches promptly.
@Aqua Man
Screenshot_20230607_214117_Chrome.jpg

These are my two new tops. What's going on with that guy? Instead of coming out of the crotch, it decided to make a new crotch?20230607_184857.jpg

With my SE3000/SF4000 I would always start at about 20% intensity and like 2-4 feet away from seedlings. As they naturally grow/get bigger they would get more intense PPFD and then I would just turn up the intensity as the plant matured.

With my SE3000/SF4000 I would always start at about 20% intensity and like 2-4 feet away from seedlings. As they naturally grow/get bigger they would get more intense PPFD and then I would just turn up the intensity as the plant matured.
I’m weird but I wear it well.

I base early ppfd on the roots as much as the green part. With small roots you can get the top asking for more than the roots can provide at higher ppfd.

I get no where near 100% until the roots are bigger than the veg growth.

Every plant is a little different.

I like this for sure. I just see people say "vegged for so many weeks" or whatever and was wondering how you keep track of that.
I do it for my own reasons. I test ideas and needed a way to tell difference. People were already doing this so it fit.

As an example I keep new clones like mothers. (Still working on no deficiencies) This is so I can slow things down and buy time for the flowering plants. By keeping a day count I know how long I’ve had her in that stage. Weeks I just add, no reason.

I don’t even know what I have. I just know we like it. So I have no idea when things are supposed to happen.

Plus I do think longer vegging improves harvest with more/larger branches and roots but that’s more opinion than fact ATM. But at some point I’ll see if a pattern emerges.

Edit: Lastly most nutrient charts I’ve seen go by weeks. Some 1-15 others Sprout 1/3 Veg 1/4 Flower 1/8 that sort of thing.

Last edited:
When are you going to start training?
Should LST be done in the morning hours or is it better to give her a nights rest after the stress?

Edit - Google says to do it just before lights out. I assumed so since that's what I found or topping. I'll keep you updated.

Last edited:
Should LST be done in the morning hours or is it better to give her a nights rest after the stress?

Edit - Google says to do it just before lights out. I assumed so since that's what I found or topping. I'll keep you updated.
I don't think it really matters although I would imagine it would be best to do it where they have time to rebound from being manhandled. Is that under lights or in the dark? Not sure.

Well I'm gonna smoke a little more with the miss. Then I'll head back and figure something out. Might tie one side down and use the LST clips on the other... see what happens.

Maybe I'll treat her like @Cool_Beans and just drop the People's Elbow

Back
Top Bottom