The top two branches you bent over will be the top of your canopy. If you're going to net the plant use it as your LST guide as you're training.
The screen I have built will sit 12" above the lid. Should I shorten it up and just use it instead of tying them down to the hooks? I guess I've been assuming the plant will continue to grow taller as it mutures and figured I would be adjusting my ties accordingly until it was ready for the net. I don't really know how she's gonna grow once she's been tied down though, so 🤷

Snipped the lowest branches off tonight. Still sitting at 5.8 and she's been drinking more than a quarter of a gallon and ppms have stuck around 320-330. The smell has gotten a little sweeter and this root is getting pretty serious.20230613_185526.jpg20230613_185414.jpg20230613_185432.jpg20230613_185504.jpg20230613_180123.jpg

Reminder to not get complacent...

The heater decided to shit out last night. I'll check it out here in a few when I can get cleaned up. The 69 shows that it's still running, but the temps dropped to the low 70s, until the light kicked on. I'm not too worried about it, considering some people intentionally drop the temps at night. I'll keep you posted.
Screenshot_20230614_175811_AC Infinity.jpg

The screen I have built will sit 12" above the lid. Should I shorten it up and just use it instead of tying them down to the hooks? I guess I've been assuming the plant will continue to grow taller as it mutures and figured I would be adjusting my ties accordingly until it was ready for the net. I don't really know how she's gonna grow once she's been tied down though, so 🤷
You can do it either way. I do LST to establish main branches and to shape the plant then LST using the net in place.

You can do it either way. I do LST to establish main branches and to shape the plant then LST using the net in place.
I think that's what I had in mind. I'll be topping one more time here pretty soon. I can see the little guys that'll get the snip. I wanna let them straighten out and head to the light beforehand. Then I've got four tops that are spead out a bit to work with. When those gain a couple inches in height is when the screen will get placed. Can I, or should I top those secodary colas? The other two I have tied down, in case my terminology is incorrect. Then I would have 4 mains and 4 secondaries to work around the screen.

On another note...
$30 later and we're back in business. Pricey space heater but Walmart was all out

I think that's what I had in mind. I'll be topping one more time here pretty soon. I can see the little guys that'll get the snip. I wanna let them straighten out and head to the light beforehand. Then I've got four tops that are spead out a bit to work with. When those gain a couple inches in height is when the screen will get placed. Can I, or should I top those secodary colas? The other two I have tied down, in case my terminology is incorrect. Then I would have 4 mains and 4 secondaries to work around the screen.

On another note...
$30 later and we're back in business. Pricey space heater but Walmart was all out
Depends on how many colas you want. Topping again will increase veg time. It might be better to FIM them rather than top it again. Once is good to do to break the apical dominance but I think it's better that you FIM as many sites as you can to multiply the bud sites without having to slow down veg.

That's not to say that topping again is wrong in any way. Really depends on you and what you want to do.

Depends on how many colas you want. Topping again will increase veg time. It might be better to FIM them rather than top it again. Once is good to do to break the apical dominance but I think it's better that you FIM as many sites as you can to multiply the bud sites without having to slow down veg.

That's not to say that topping again is wrong in any way. Really depends on you and what you want to do.
I just made my plan with CG's method in mind, topping twice and then one FIM before flip. Veg time isn't much of a concern for me. She's in a 14 gallon tote with plenty of room to grow.

This plan of mine has no real direction besides seeing how she responds to what and a fuzzy picture in my head of the process.

I just made my plan with CG's method in mind, topping twice and then one FIM before flip. Veg time isn't much of a concern for me. She's in a 14 gallon tote with plenty of room to grow.

This plan of mine has no real direction besides seeing how she responds to what and a fuzzy picture in my head of the process.
I laugh because you have no idea the root ball you will be contending with!!! A buddy and I did DWC in 30 gal trash cans and the root ball was ENORMOUS!!!

That's cool. CG's method is just as viable. Check out how mainlining is done and it'll give you some insights into topping and its effects both good and bad.

I laugh because you have no idea the root ball you will be contending with!!! A buddy and I did DWC in 30 gal trash cans and the root ball was ENORMOUS!!!

That's cool. CG's method is just as viable. Check out how mainlining is done and it'll give you some insights into topping and its effects both good and bad.
I feel like I've heard the term but I'll look into it, Thanks.

When I first started drawing this up at the Farm, I had 18 gallon totes on there. Moe came in and said something along the lines of "18 gallons is overkill unless you're trying to grow literal trees" 🤣

When I first started drawing this up at the Farm, I had 18 gallon totes on there. Moe came in and said something along the lines of "18 gallons is overkill unless you're trying to grow literal trees" 🤣
I grow mine in 13 gal totes

I grow mine in 13 gal totes
Yeah I think he referenced you with a couple pics back then. I dropped down to 14's because the next size down available to me was 8 gallons and that just looked so tiny.

Smell hit me pretty hard this morning. She seems to be doing wonderful. She's drank 2.5 gallons since we did the res change, I forget when that was. The 2nd or 3rd I believe.20230615_053320.jpg20230615_053250.jpg20230615_053304.jpg20230615_053430.jpg

I'm not sure if you read the story I posted over at the farm about my buddy and I trying out DWC . He put a bunch of 30 gallon trash cans with net pots and hydroton in his dining room and when his wife came home she freaked out!!!

The plants were huge! Thankfully his dining room had tall ceilings so we grew them pretty tall.

I'm not sure if you read the story I posted over at the farm about my buddy and I trying out DWC . He put a bunch of 30 gallon trash cans with net pots and hydroton in his dining room and when his wife came home she freaked out!!!

The plants were huge! Thankfully his dining room had tall ceilings so we grew them pretty tall.
It all depends on veg time and height availability. There was a guy in Edmonton that did 50gal drums outside and had 14’ plants… 14 gal is plenty indoor imo. Unless growing trees and have the space for that

I remember that. It seemed like an inside joke that I wasn't a part of but now I get it. That's hilarious.

It all depends on veg time and height availability. There was a guy in Edmonton that did 50gal drums outside and had 14’ plants… 14 gal is plenty indoor imo. Unless growing trees and have the space for that
Damn now I want a country property and a bunch of drums. An outdoor RDWC sounds pretty badass!

Wasn't there a grow at the farm where he had everything buried in a greenhouse i think they were 45 gal barrels

Yeah lol and he had to literally raise the roof part way through the grow… i was helping him a bit on that grow behind the scenes over wire
Yes I remember him too, he had to put in a wood stove, buy an insulated tarp and I think he had to sleep in there a few nights before he could harvest for fear of thieves. He'd strung fishing line around the set up with fish hooks and bells or other rattlers . Got himself a warm shirt and a pair of cutters one night I think after his trap was set off making him move into his green house at night.....lol

Yes I remember him too, he had to put in a wood stove, buy an insulated tarp and I think he had to sleep in there a few nights before he could harvest for fear of thieves. He'd strung fishing line around the set up with fish hooks and bells or other rattlers . Got himself a warm shirt and a pair of cutters one night I think after his trap was set off making him move into his green house at night.....lol
Haha yeah they kept trying to jack his shit… those plant were ridiculously big

Yeah lol and he had to literally raise the roof part way through the grow… i was helping him a bit on that grow behind the scenes over wire
I now have a new life goal...

4 plant greenhouse rdwc. Maybe dig a nice hole inside, eliminate some height issues. Make it to where you can lower the plants on a dumwaiter as they outgrow the damn ceiling. This will be epic so you're gonna wanna stay tuned for the next 20 years or so 🤣

I now have a new life goal...

4 plant greenhouse rdwc. Maybe dig a nice hole inside, eliminate some height issues. Make it to where you can lower the plants on a dumwaiter as they outgrow the damn ceiling. This will be epic so you're gonna wanna stay tuned for the next 20 years or so 🤣
His res was in ground 300gal and so were his grow sites for that reason… he still had to raise it lol

She's doing great. PH hovered at 5.8 for a couple days and has been 5.9 for another couple.

Thinking about topping her again this weekend. I snipped her lowest two branches on Tuesday. Too soon?
20230617_062009.jpg20230617_062038.jpg

First power outage...

I shut some valves as an extra precaution. Here's to hoping it's not out all night. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom