She made a lot of progress tonight. One of the tops is getting outgrown by a lower node. I laughed out a "what's going on here," upon entering the tent. I moved the light up another inch and it's at 23% intensity 24" up. I backed it down to 20% when I saw the tips showing signs of burn and have slowly been bringing it back up.

Tonight I added equal parts of the GH trio and brought the ppms up to 400 or so. She drank almost a half gallon today. Resevoir currently sits at 400ppms, 71° with a 5.8pH.

The environment hasn't changed with tent temps at 76-78, 70-72% with an 18/6 cycle.

Pretty severe weather tonight so fingers crossed for no more outages.
20230617_211921.jpg

Attachments

• 20230617_211921.jpg
    20230617_211921.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
So looking at the GH trio feeding chart, I've been lacking on the Green stuff. I started heavy on the Brown thinking it had more N. I went ahead and added some to bring it to their recommended ratios. That brought the ppms up to 460.

Either way, as far as the trio goes, here's what's in the res..
GROW - 3.75ml/gal
MICRO - 2.75ml/gal
BLOOM - 1.75ml/gal

Aquarium heater in the res?
What brand?
How do you have it set?
It's the space heater for the tent. PowerZone brand. I feel like I've had it for a week, tops. It's controlled by the 69 via UIC controller. I keep it set to max heat and the 69 kicks it on and off, just like my humidifier which is still chugging along.

It's the darker blue line on the AC chart below. You can see how often the humidifier does it's thang. No issues. But this is the second heater that's shit out on me.
Screenshot_20230618_064500_AC Infinity.jpg
20230618_064203.jpg
For now I've just killed the A/C in the lung room. I'll grab another heater this morning sometime, whenever I can get to town. Maybe I'll have to spring for the $50 one and hope it can hang. Just a little outrageous.

Last edited:
1500w is kinda big…. Id try to find the lowest watt so it doesn’t kick on and off as much. It’s probably contributing because of the cheap switches they use.
I wouldn't think the switch would ever engage more than a couple times. The ACI plug does the switching. I did some digging and made it work, but the fan doesn't run. It just heats up. That's not safe. I checked the old one that quit working and it miraculously works fine now. I swapped the two and I'll keep an eye on it.

I need to find out which one of ya'll suggested the serving tray as a lid. I think it was @Zen_seeker. I found one online with damn near perfect dimensions. It sits tight and has a nice finish. Looks clean. The underside has a nonstick coating and really grabs the tote well. I may or may not install some clasps to realls suck it down to the tote.

Anywho.. here she is in her new black dress
20230618_100232.jpg20230618_100247.jpg20230618_100221.jpg

I'll be installing the screen soon. I planned on topping again tonight or tomorrow. Then, i figured afger the new tops start coming in, add the screen. Would you top these secondary colas? @CannaGranny
The method to my madness 🤪 is to top twice. I do this at node four, and then again on new node two. I put them through a Fimming about a week to week and a half before topping them.
Tell me where you are with your topping. Is this the first topping?
Otherwise anything I do, be it top, fim etc. I wait a week to a week and a half prior to tabling. Another important aspect of the scrog, is to have the plant ready to flip to flower, the day you table it.

The method to my madness 🤪 is to top twice. I do this at node four, and then again on new node two. I put them through a Fimming about a week to week and a half before topping them.
Tell me where you are with your topping. Is this the first topping?
Otherwise anything I do, be it top, fim etc. I wait a week to a week and a half prior to tabling. Another important aspect of the scrog, is to have the plant ready to flip to flower, the day you table it.
I have topped once, a little over 2 weeks ago. I pulled them down to rings I had on the last lid. They're the top and bottom branches in the above pic. I was thinking about topping them again soon and wondered if I should also top the two secondary branches (left and right)?

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions in the next couple weeks when everything starts coming together.

She made a lot of progress tonight. One of the tops is getting outgrown by a lower node. I laughed out a "what's going on here," upon entering the tent. I moved the light up another inch and it's at 23% intensity 24" up. I backed it down to 20% when I saw the tips showing signs of burn and have slowly been bringing it back up.

Tonight I added equal parts of the GH trio and brought the ppms up to 400 or so. She drank almost a half gallon today. Resevoir currently sits at 400ppms, 71° with a 5.8pH.

The environment hasn't changed with tent temps at 76-78, 70-72% with an 18/6 cycle.

Pretty severe weather tonight so fingers crossed for no more outages.
View attachment 8348
Are you measuring PPFD?

I've used Vornado room heaters in the past and they've worked beautifully and have stood up to my abuse. If not them then one from Lasko is also a good candidate. I've had luck with both.

I have topped once, a little over 2 weeks ago. I pulled them down to rings I had on the last lid. They're the top and bottom branches in the above pic. I was thinking about topping them again soon and wondered if I should also top the two secondary branches (left and right)?

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions in the next couple weeks when everything starts coming together.
Give me bout five minutes to head upstairs, roll one, grab a drink. When I get back, we will start at square one. 😍

Are you measuring PPFD?

I've used Vornado room heaters in the past and they've worked beautifully and have stood up to my abuse. If not them then one from Lasko is also a good candidate. I've had luck with both.
There's one here i could pick up next time I'm in town.

Okay, I scrog to triple my take of main flowers versus larf or popcorn buds.
Two main factors, tall plants and the scrog table does all of the training that I need. Some do pretrain using lst, I do not.
I would top as you said. I would also remove the clips and allow her to obtain a bit of height, unless you are just working in a minimal height situation. Your plants need to be at least six to eight inches taller than your table height. I prefer even taller.
How tall is your table? What kind of height are you working with? Are these shorter squattier type indicas?

Okay, I scrog to triple my take of main flowers versus larf or popcorn buds.
Two main factors, tall plants and the scrog table does all of the training that I need. Some do pretrain using lst, I do not.
I would top as you said. I would also remove the clips and allow her to obtain a bit of height, unless you are just working in a minimal height situation.
Plenty of room and she's growing free as of this morning when we gave her a new lid. She's already perked up a half inch or more.
Your plants need to be at least six to eight inches taller than your table height. I prefer even taller.
How tall is your table?
The table is completely adjustable but right now it's built to be 12" above the lid.
What kind of height are you working with? Are these shorter squattier type indicas?
This is from a Humbolt phenohunter line. Its Jungle Cake crossed with Wedding Tree. Both hybrids of Wedding Cake so I assume it's gonna lean towards that.

Sprouted on May 10th so she's a little over a month old. Just got an added dose of nutes last night and she seems to have responded well so far.20230618_100232.jpg
Red being the two mains and orange being the two secondaries. Should the orange get topped as well? Or just the red?

Not measuring PPFD but the top of canopy is showing roughly 11300 lux.
Download a light meter. I remember Aqua linking one that he likes. I use Tent Buddy. Either one will give you at least a close approximation as to how much light you're giving your plants.

You have a great system. Dial in your light output to be able to take advantage of it.

11300 Lux is around 200 umol/s/m2. That's pretty low for RDWC. I would be looking for at least 400 umol/s/m2 but check with Moe. He may have a reason to have it that low.

Download a light meter. I remember Aqua linking one that he likes. I use Tent Buddy. Either one will give you at least a close approximation as to how much light you're giving your plants.

You have a great system. Dial in your light output to be able to take advantage of it.

11300 Lux is around 200 umol/s/m2. That's pretty low for RDWC. I would be looking for at least 400 umol/s/m2 but check with Moe. He may have a reason to have it that low.
I had been bumping it up but the leaves started showing signs of tip burn so we brought it back down. Aqua suggested having it around 12000 lux for now. All the light meters I've found don't work with my phone. S23 Ultra.

I had been bumping it up but the leaves started showing signs of tip burn so we brought it back down. Aqua suggested having it around 12000 lux for now. All the light meters I've found don't work with my phone. S23 Ultra.
What have you tried? I have a Note 8 so it's a distant cousin to your S23 but in the same gene pool. Tent Buddy works great for me.

What have you tried? I have a Note 8 so it's a distant cousin to your S23 but in the same gene pool. Tent Buddy works great for me.
I only tried a couple and figured there wasn't one. I'll try that one out, for sure.

Nope. Tent buddy is a no go also. They all just say for "for an older version of android"

This is the one i have and the one @Aqua Man reco
View attachment 8539
I've got an app that reads lux. I've just been bumping it up slowly and trying to read her. I think we're at 22% intensity (11300 lux) right now. I didn't bump it up today because I upped her ppms last night and I doubt I up it tomorrow either because I plan on topping again tonight. New leaves are looking good and it appears to be throwing 9 blades on it's newest sets.

I've got an app that reads lux. I've just been bumping it up slowly and trying to read her. I think we're at 22% intensity (11300 lux) right now. I didn't bump it up today because I upped her ppms last night and I doubt I up it tomorrow either because I plan on topping again tonight. New leaves are looking good and it appears to be throwing 9 blades on it's newest sets.
That's good but I like that Tent Buddy will convert to DLI and PPFD. Gives me more flexibility and I don't have to do the math conversion.

Tent Buddy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom