I wouldn't think the switch would ever engage more than a couple times. The ACI plug does the switching. I did some digging and made it work, but the fan doesn't run. It just heats up. That's not safe. I checked the old one that quit working and it miraculously works fine now. I swapped the two and I'll keep an eye on it.

I need to find out which one of ya'll suggested the serving tray as a lid. I think it was @Zen_seeker. I found one online with damn near perfect dimensions. It sits tight and has a nice finish. Looks clean. The underside has a nonstick coating and really grabs the tote well. I may or may not install some clasps to realls suck it down to the tote.

Anywho.. here she is in her new black dress
View attachment 8414View attachment 8415View attachment 8416
Sexy! 🤣👍

Download a light meter. I remember Aqua linking one that he likes. I use Tent Buddy. Either one will give you at least a close approximation as to how much light you're giving your plants.

You have a great system. Dial in your light output to be able to take advantage of it.

11300 Lux is around 200 umol/s/m2. That's pretty low for RDWC. I would be looking for at least 400 umol/s/m2 but check with Moe. He may have a reason to have it that low.
400-600on a mature plant… 200-300 seems appropriate here

I've got an app that reads lux. I've just been bumping it up slowly and trying to read her. I think we're at 22% intensity (11300 lux) right now. I didn't bump it up today because I upped her ppms last night and I doubt I up it tomorrow either because I plan on topping again tonight. New leaves are looking good and it appears to be throwing 9 blades on it's newest sets.
Id hold about there for now… they will grow into it…. High ppfd is for flower. In veg wr have lots of gours to get them light and you better error on the side of to little than to much…. Like not even a question there

Id hold about there for now… they will grow into it…. High ppfd is for flower. In veg wr have lots of gours to get them light and you better error on the side of to little than to much…. Like not even a question there
I'm with you. I've been trying to read her as best as I can. That tip burn seems to have stopped as soon as I dropped it back to 20% and I've been slowly easing up from there, with a watchful eye. She got fed last night and with the topping tonight, I'll wait a couple more days before bumping it up any. So far the added ppms haven't seemed to bother her. The roots are at least foot long and she's definitely been drinking. She's really filling out nicely. I've had to adjust the pH a couple times today after adding in the nutes last night, but that was expected. It seems to take my system a while to really get everything circulated.

I was talking to my boss on Friday about wanting some time off to rest my elbows (maybe tennis elbow? Something kicking my ass) and his response was, "Well, Labor Day is coming up."

So this morning I lost the internal struggle of whether or not to go to work. I was able to finish up my scrog rack, intead, while the little monkey took a nap. Finished product sits 10" above lid with an optional/adjustable second screen. Maybe I'm expecting FAT colas that are in need of some support? Maybe I just overthink and try to plan ahead for the hypothetical.
20230619_123028.jpg
I've realized that I will have the same problem as Granny in that this will not fit out the door once the plant has grown into it...

WHAT DO WE WANT??
BIGGER DOORS!!
WHERE DO WE WANT EM??
WEED STORES!!

Excellent. I make mine so I can support on two legs, then swing the top down on to two more legs so I can get it in/out of the tent. Like the sled support legs idea, but ya...small doors. 😝

I also like how you just drilled holes to feed the rope through. Better than screws or other attachments. 👍 If I didn’t buy a net I’d do that.

I make 8” & 10” spacers to use between the table top and trellis/support. They say that’s about as far as light penetrates so I use that to help.

Can’t wait to see it in action. 👀🤣

Excellent. I make mine so I can support on two legs, then swing the top down on to two more legs so I can get it in/out of the tent. Like the sled support legs idea, but ya...small doors. 😝

I also like how you just drilled holes to feed the rope through. Better than screws or other attachments. 👍 If I didn’t buy a net I’d do that.

I make 8” & 10” spacers to use between the table top and trellis/support. They say that’s about as far as light penetrates so I use that to help.

Can’t wait to see it in action. 👀🤣
Thanks Zen. I'm excited to see it all play out, for sure!

I use the stretchy nets that hook to the corner poles. When I need to harvest I keep the nets hooked to the corner poles but I raise them on the pole and raise the entire net to keep from damaging the flowers.

Had a friend that used the stretchies and he tried to unhook them and unwind the branches. It was a mess!! 😄

I use the stretchy nets that hook to the corner poles. When I need to harvest I keep the nets hooked to the corner poles but I raise them on the pole and raise the entire net to keep from damaging the flowers.

Had a friend that used the stretchies and he tried to unhook them and unwind the branches. It was a mess!! 😄
This string was pretty inexpensive so come harvest, I assume I'll just be cutting it with no intentions of reuse.

I'd say she's responding well to the upped ppms. She was topped last night. I snipped 4 locations. It was a little weird with the alternating nodes.

Some candids
20230619_190653.jpg20230619_190727.jpg20230619_190740.jpg20230619_190705.jpg

I know it's a shitty picture but can anyone tell what kind of bug this is? First one I've found in the tent.
20230621_055100.jpg

Quickly looked and don't recognize, any visible leaf damage?

Edit better picture would help but?

Screenshot_20230621-072950_Chrome.jpg

Quickly looked and don't recognize, any visible leaf damage?

Edit better picture would help but?

View attachment 8991
Well hope to fuck it ain't thrips. I've only heard bad things about em. It did look sorta similar to the smallest in that pic. I'd see more than just the one though, right? Probably? Lol.

The only visible damage is on the leaf I posted above, but it's shown that damage since it began to emerge. It started as a little white turd of a blade. I'll look up thrip damage and have a good look when I get off work. I've been doing a pretty thorough inspection of the plant every night, so hopefully I haven't been glossing over a serious issue.

I don't think it is but what i found quickly looking through stuff i reference

Fast or slow moving? Typically the slow ones eat plants, and the fast ones eat the slow ones protecting your plants.

A better pic or video if you see another would be helpful
It scurried around fast enough to make taking a photo difficult. Then I squished it in a hurry as it headed towards the netpot. I for sure wouldn't say it was slow moving for such a tiny bug.

I looked up and down for more bugs and found none, thankfully.

What's up with this? Preflowers? This is the only stem doing this20230621_180841.jpg20230621_180731.jpg

She's looking good and growing well! I bumped up the light this morning to 24%. All other factors have been pretty stable and constant.20230622_055100.jpg20230622_055110.jpg20230622_055120.jpg

That lid looks pretty trick man, nice solution there. Stuff like that is what makes diy fun imo.

-Pant growing fast too nice job.

That lid looks pretty trick man, nice solution there. Stuff like that is what makes diy fun imo.

-Pant growing fast too nice job.
Thanks Homie. Somehow it's got near perfect dimensions. I would've liked another 1/4" around for it to sit down a little further on the tote, but that nonslick underside really grabbs and helps it stay put. I'm crossing my fingers hoping my screws can grab well enough to hold down the screen.

The glossy finish is 👌

Back
Top Bottom