Things happen fast. Topped her 4 days ago and look at this growth
20230623_215633.jpg
And then there's this guy. It's the node below where I topped and has outgrown the main cola by an inch or more. The new tops are the fuzzy ones in the foreground on the left.
20230623_215719.jpg

That's what I've been doing but this new lid isn't fitting tight onto the tote. It's close but not completely uniform. I'm not understanding how tape will help with light inrusion while still allowing me to lift the lid.

Roots looked awesome so maybe the need to check on them isn't as necessary anymore?
If it ain't broke dont fix it

Hard to find a space heater in town. Ended up with a Vornado brand, but not the cheaper 750w one that they showed in stock. Apparently it's buried in a conex with the rest of the seasonal crap. Soonest I could get it would be Teusday because they said one had to be ordered from another store. Like... you couldn't dig out the one you already have before Teusday? Update your website, then. I found an adjustable wattage Vornado somewhere else, but for almost twice the price.

Boooo

Whenever I find a fairly clean plant with a few bugs I try and ladder my response. A simple insecticidal soap solution should get rid of most pests if they are caught early.

You may want to try that as a preventative measure for now and continue to be vigilant in checking your plant for bugs. If you see that it's getting worse, then you'll need to take more drastic measures but insecticidal soap is cheap, gentle and easy to make and usually takes care of whatever bugs that are trying to move in if you catch them early.

Whenever I find a fairly clean plant with a few bugs I try and ladder my response. A simple insecticidal soap solution should get rid of most pests if they are caught early.

You may want to try that as a preventative measure for now and continue to be vigilant in checking your plant for bugs. If you see that it's getting worse, then you'll need to take more drastic measures but insecticidal soap is cheap, gentle and easy to make and usually takes care of whatever bugs that are trying to move in if you catch them early.
Thanks bud. I'm always inspecting her close as she's my first plant. I'm constantly wondering if my leaves are supposed to look like they do 🤣. It's the random bug like these last two. Only bugs I've seen in there but man do they have my paranoia up. I'm gonna snip some older lower fans tonight and really inspect underneath for any eggs and do a good bug check on the rest of the plant.

Got rid of some of the older lower fans tonight, the droopy ones that have been overgrown. She's got some crazy internodal spacing, like Moe mentioned early on. Grabbed a few pics and finished my inspection just before lights out. No sign of any more bugs 👍20230624_222129.jpg20230624_222043.jpg20230624_222053.jpg

Looking good.
Thanks man. Everything's been going super smooth. Smell gets stronger every day and I'm thinking we'll be flipping in less than a month, the way this thing is growing. Thanks again for the head start. 👍

Sorry man, too blurry for non humans.

I do not recognize either of those.

Personally I would not sweat it. If you see symptoms, post them up.

I'm calling this Magnesium deficiency and am headed to get some epsom. All I have is CalMag but it's mostly calcium, or does that matter? I'm assuming I'll need epsom later anyway so it won't be a wasted trip. If anything, it'll soothe some aches and pains later.

I've been watching it progress on one particular leaf, but tonight I see it on a few. It's newer growth but not the newest. Older growth seems to be ok?
20230626_185216.jpg
@steamroller @smoke @Moe.Red @Aqua Man

I'm calling this Magnesium deficiency and am headed to get some epsom. All I have is CalMag but it's mostly calcium, or does that matter? I'm assuming I'll need epsom later anyway so it won't be a wasted trip. If anything, it'll soothe some aches and pains later.

I've been watching it progress on one particular leaf, but tonight I see it on a few. It's newer growth but not the newest. Older growth seems to be ok?
View attachment 10157
@steamroller @smoke @Moe.Red @Aqua Man
Environmental and light are the cause…. Look how swollen those leaves are bro… its not caused by a lack of although some mag sulphate may help.

Can you give the environmental conditions and light intensity

Is this strain know for its red stacks and stems?
Stalks not the peciolo

Environmental and light are the cause…. Look how swollen those leaves are bro… its not caused by a lack of although some mag sulphate may help.

Can you give the environmental conditions and light intensity
Environment has been stable, for the most part. The two drops in temp were the nights the heater quit on me. The first symptoms did appear shortly after the first drop.

Light info:
SE5000 24" above canopy. 24% intensity. 18/6 cycle.

I backed it off to 20% a week and a half ago, bumping it up 1% every couple days. I raise the light to maintain the 24" recommended by SF. It's 11.5k lux.
Screenshot_20230626_201757_AC Infinity.jpg

Could also be over watering… also cery strong possibility
I wasn't aware of overwatering being an issue with hydro. Does that mean my hydroton is oversaturated? Lower the water level? Top-off has been mostly RO and she's drank 5 gallons since the res change. Maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago? Upped ppms 2 weeks ago from 320 to 480.

Water meter reads:
470 ppm (500 scale)
72 degrees
6.0 pH

Is this strain know for its red stacks and stems?
Stalks not the peciolo
I have no idea, really. They were the only $2 ones on NASC when I first bought seeds. Humboldt County's phenohunter line. Jungle Cake X Wedding Tree. Nobody I've talked to has had any real idea as to what I'm gonna get. Had a grow off going at the Farm but I've lost touch with that guy.

Environment has been stable, for the most part. The two drops in temp were the nights the heater quit on me. The first symptoms did appear shortly after the first drop.

Light info:
SE5000 24" above canopy. 24% intensity. 18/6 cycle.

I backed it off to 20% a week and a half ago, bumping it up 1% every couple days. I raise the light to maintain the 24" recommended by SF. It's 11.5k lux.
View attachment 10178

I wasn't aware of overwatering being an issue with hydro. Does that mean my hydroton is oversaturated? Lower the water level? Top-off has been mostly RO and she's drank 5 gallons since the res change. Maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago? Upped ppms 2 weeks ago from 320 to 480.

Water meter reads:
470 ppm (500 scale)
72 degrees
6.0 pH

I have no idea, really. They were the only $2 ones on NASC when I first bought seeds. Humboldt County's phenohunter line. Jungle Cake X Wedding Tree. Nobody I've talked to has had any real idea as to what I'm gonna get. Had a grow off going at the Farm but I've lost touch with that guy.
Nah you cant over water hydro… do you have airstones? Your humidity is way to high imo and temps to low. Day temp around 80f and 55-60% humidity night 70-75f and 50-55% humidity

Back
Top Bottom