Its more to deal with the osmotic pressure and to an extent o2 as its a requirement for plants up take nutrients. This is why its best to water around lights on. Light drives photosynthesis and transpiration.

There are many factors that all contribute to this but cooler temps and higher humidity will slow transpiration. Its a combination of several things in his case.

You can look up guttation to get a better idea how this happens as part of the equation. Its not so much the guttation thats the issue but the constant high humidity restricting the uptake
Turgor Pressure?

Turgor Pressure?

Yeah thats a better term i guess. It’s basically root pressure and humidity.

You see how many say oh my leaves are praying to the light thats good.

See it is and it isn’t the extent of that is turgor pressure. The more light the more pronounced this is in a sense… its an indicator of light, transpiration and pressure in the plant. Not always good or bad and is a great visual queue to diagnosing problems.

I'm thinking she's gonna pop this week @Aqua Man. She's loving it in there. Thanks for quick assist with my VPD issue.20230628_182823.jpg
You can see some of what I was calling Mag deficiency on the fan that's leaving the picture on the right side. I'm gonna try my first attempt at a foliar spray tonight, if I can stay up passed lights out. Will 30 minutes to an hour of early darkness hurt anything?

A sour smell appeared today. Nice and dank.

Last edited:
I'm thinking she's gonna pop this week @Aqua Man. She's loving it in there. Thanks for quick assist with my VPD issue.View attachment 10578
You can see some of what I was calling Mag deficiency on the fan that's leaving the picture on the right side. I'm gonna try my first attempt at a foliar spray tonight, if I can stay up passed lights out. Will 30 minutes to an hour of early darkness hurt anything?

A sour smell appeared today. Nice and dank.
Can do it about an hour before lights out out at the beginning or hour before lights on is probably better

Can do it about an hour before lights out out at the beginning or hour before lights on is probably better
That's an hour before I get up so that would be pretty doable. Anything in particular I need to keep in mind?

I predict you will get some bud off that plant. I'm like at least 70% sure ;)

Appreciate you jumping in @Aqua Man sometimes I get a little too busy for my own good and leave people hanging.
Man I hope at least a fat nug or two 🤣

You're good man. I know you've got a lot going on and Aqua seems to be like the all seeing eye around here. Like he's always watching knows when we've been bad or good.

Appreciate you jumping in @Aqua Man sometimes I get a little too busy for my own good and leave people hanging.
Overslept and missed it this morning but good thing. I wasn't even considering top or bittom side of the leaves. Bang on Aqua!

I can relate to that. I run into that all the time bro

Overslept and missed it this morning but good thing. I wasn't even considering top or bittom side of the leaves. Bang on Aqua!
The theory is you don't want drops on leaves to act like small magnify glass and burn the leaves when the sun comes out.

Noobass tip not sure where you have it but dont forget to move your controller probe out the way before you start misting like I do almost every damn time lol.
I've done that before!!! 😄

I freaked out for a second seeing my humidity hit 87% until I remembered I had just moved my humidifier to a new location so I opened the tent again and, sure enough, the vapor stream was pulling across the probe.

I've done that before!!! 😄

I freaked out for a second seeing my humidity hit 87% until I remembered I had just moved my humidifier to a new location so I opened the tent again and, sure enough, the vapor stream was pulling across the probe.
I spent an awful lot of time watching the vapor trail in the tent. Ended up in the tent in just watching from all corners 🤣

Opened her up a little last night with a trim. Took off a couple fans and some stuff on the lowest stems. She grew another half inch overnight. That's an inch total yesterday.
20230630_055018.jpg20230630_055001.jpg20230630_055115.jpg

I avoided the epsom foliar treatment this morning considering I gave her a trim last night. Wasn't sure if that would be detrimental to the healing process or not. She'll either get sprayed tonight or tomorrow morning.

What EC are you at now? Growth rates look good but thinking you may need to up the EC a touch more

You can add 1 gram per gal to the water the plants take it up pretty easy. Much easier than foliar spraying imo.

What EC are you at now? Growth rates look good but thinking you may need to up the EC a touch more
I'm at 510 on the 500 scale.
You can add 1 gram per gal to the water the plants take it up pretty easy. Much easier than foliar spraying imo.
I added 3g to the resevoirs the other night when we first talked about it. The affected leaves don't seem to have gotten worse since. That's 1g/5gal. Maybe I'll add a bit more tonight.

I'm at 510 on the 500 scale.

I added 3g to the resevoirs the other night when we first talked about it. The affected leaves don't seem to have gotten worse since. That's 1g/5gal. Maybe I'll add a bit more tonight.
If its fixed more wont help but at 1 gram oer you are not at risk if any issues from it either bro

We were at 470 until I added the epsom. That brought it up to 520. Couple days ago.

Are you suggesting adding more epsom to bring it up or another dose of base nutes including some calmag?

Last edited:
We were at 470 until I added the epsom. That brought it up to 520. Couple days ago.

Are you suggesting adding more epsom to bring it up or another dose of base nutes including some calmag?
Nothing at this point… you can add a bit more epsom but with RO id wait another week to see the full response

Back
Top Bottom