New RDWC Hydro Grow - Apples and Bananas - BudBuilders

Speaking of spectrum, been cranking the blue up bit by bit, sitting at 75% of capacity, full on red, master intensity at 100%. Will have that blue all the way maxed out by this time next week I am thinking. Today marks day 40 since flip, at least two more weeks for full potency here is my guess.

I had to do an emergency res change out this morning. I am out of town Friday - Monday so my beautiful bride has been taking care of the plants during my absence. We had a little snafu yesterday as I am guiding her over the phone on what to do. I had a situation where I had changed the res and was getting it settled before I left on Friday, was not all the way there yet. EC was rising and ph dropping so I was asking her to dilute the res down some to get this res in balance. She did what I asked but instead of the ppms dropping like I expected, they rose. Hmmmmmm. I started asking questions. Turns out, she added water from the tap, well water at 8-900 ppm instead of water from my RO tank. Whoopsies.....

So we're back to reset, running just a tad over 500 ppm, seeing if that is going to settle in.

Should be auto pilot time, or close to it. Going to start to let that ppm drop over that last week see if I can get a purdy fade, add in all the blue light and see what this gal has under them panties :LOL:IMG_3389.jpegIMG_3392.jpegIMG_3393.jpegIMG_3394.jpegIMG_3395.jpegIMG_3396.jpegIMG_3397.jpeg

Figure I got about a week or so till these gals finish, starting to ripen up and the final swell is about over. Not a huge yielder but I think I will have decent harvest. Been bringing the ppms down, sitting at about 300 atm with a stable and steady res. They are still drinking but have def slowed down, will look at trichomes later in the week.IMG_3406.jpegIMG_3407.jpegIMG_3408.jpegIMG_3409.jpegIMG_3410.jpegIMG_3411.jpeg

Hell yes! I love that pink in the buds. For some reason that's a more appealing color, to me, than a purple nug.

You say day 51 and 3 or 4 more days? I only ask because smoke just mentioned to me that the last two weeks will really pack on the weight and that most photos can go 10 weeks. Conflicting info has this newbie... conflicted 🤣

I won't be going off a particular timeframe. I'll be going off of amber trichs. That and tobh's mention of squiggly trich stems.

Are you sure they're done bulking up?

You say day 51 and 3 or 4 more days? I only ask because smoke just mentioned to me that the last two weeks will really pack on the weight and that most photos can go 10 weeks. Conflicting info has this newbie... conflicted 🤣
There is no right or wrong about harvest time between different growers. I think smoke is right here but in my case, I already know this is not a huge yield strain and so yea, I do think they are about finished swelling. I'm also looking at water intake, visual appearance of the pistils, as well as the trichs.

My goal here is peak THC, so I am trying to get in that small window when most everything has clouded, not many clear, and a small bit of amber. Letting it go longer has other benefits that come at the cost of losing some of the THC so each has their own purpose and harvest times vary. I also have the advantage of having just harvested the mother of these plants to tell me what to do here. The mother of these plants went 54 days, what I thought was a bit early but had to because of my schedule. I thought I was too early but test results said I was pretty close.

I took a look at trichs today and she is pretty close, slowing down on water intake as well.

I've cranked the blue spectrum up to full power for the last 3 days, looking like Monday may be the day but could be a bit later, will make that decision based on the trichs on Monday. The breeder claims the strain is capable of 32% and I hit 30% with a tad bit early chop, might see if I can get that higher number and try for a day or two longer, we'll see!

2023-09-15-13-00-19-031.jpeg2023-09-15-13-01-00-306.jpeg2023-09-15-13-01-32-426.jpeg2023-09-15-13-02-44-595.jpeg2023-09-15-13-04-24-145.jpeg

There is no right or wrong about harvest time between different growers. I think smoke is right here but in my case, I already know this is not a huge yield strain and so yea, I do think they are about finished swelling. I'm also looking at water intake, visual appearance of the pistils, as well as the trichs.

My goal here is peak THC, so I am trying to get in that small window when most everything has clouded, not many clear, and a small bit of amber. Letting it go longer has other benefits that come at the cost of losing some of the THC so each has their own purpose and harvest times vary. I also have the advantage of having just harvested the mother of these plants to tell me what to do here. The mother of these plants went 54 days, what I thought was a bit early but had to because of my schedule. I thought I was too early but test results said I was pretty close.

I took a look at trichs today and she is pretty close, slowing down on water intake as well.

I've cranked the blue spectrum up to full power for the last 3 days, looking like Monday may be the day but could be a bit later, will make that decision based on the trichs on Monday. The breeder claims the strain is capable of 32% and I hit 30% with a tad bit early chop, might see if I can get that higher number and try for a day or two longer, we'll see!

View attachment 21465View attachment 21466View attachment 21467View attachment 21468View attachment 21469
Thanks man. I wasn't at all trying to say you were going about it wrong. I was just hoping for an explanation as to why. You provided that, so thanks.

I agree that many people grow differently and harvest for different reasons. And I, for sure, wasn't trying to throw smoke under the bus, so I hope he doesn't see it that way. I'm sure he won't. He's a dope dude. I just ask a lot of questions and we're right around the same schedule with our plants. I'm at 55 days after flipping.

Either way.. dope looking plants. Beautiful color.

I was trimming for 8 hours today and now, I'm trying to sleep and I can't get those doggone trimmers out of my head. I guess I love trimming so much, have to practice for the next round in the subconscious.

I need a big red button to slam down and turn this shit OFF. 🆘🅾️🆘

I was trimming for 8 hours today and now, I'm trying to sleep and I can't get those doggone trimmers out of my head. I guess I love trimming so much, have to practice for the next round in the subconscious.

I need a big red button to slam down and turn this shit OFF. 🆘🅾️🆘
That used to happen to me when i was working 16 hours a day 5 days a week. Only difference was it was pallets of beer 🤦🏻

That shit is the worst when you're trying to sleep.

That used to happen to me when i was working 16 hours a day 5 days a week. Only difference was it was pallets of beer 🤦🏻

That shit is the worst when you're trying to sleep.
I can usually clear my head well enough to sleep, but I'll wake up in the middle of the night with a solution to something that stumped me at work. Like... it couldn't wait til my alarm goes off? Damn!

Back
Top Bottom