When this happens to me outdoors I just put a stake each side away from the stem to hold up those 2 branches and to take the weight.lift up the branches so they are closer together .tape or tie the branch to the stake..ive even used clamps lol to close them right up.it never heald up though.mine were splitting down past a couple nodes..I was using these 😃
.View attachment 50074
There's no need for support as it's grown into the screen nice and thick. It just grew itself UP into the screen with enough force to split herself. She really wanted to be taller.

I can see a visible difference, today, as though she's scarring over. I left her as is. Even trying to pull her back together wasn't gonna happen. She's too woven into the net. No give in any direction.

There's no need for support as it's grown into the screen nice and thick. It just grew itself UP into the screen with enough force to split herself. She really wanted to be taller.

I can see a visible difference, today, as though she's scarring over. I left her as is. Even trying to pull her back together wasn't gonna happen. She's too woven into the net. No give in any direction.
Matter fact my last grow one of the big girls split on me much like steams picture...still got almost 8 zips off her forgot all about it til i seen that pic

Been pretty busy lately but I made it in for an update. The stalk is healing up pretty well. That new green knuckle that's growing has been increasing in size daily so I think she's on the mend.
20240323_211659.jpg
And here it was nearly two weeks ago...
20240315_225404.jpg

It's also been almost two weeks since the water change and the split in the stalk happened. She's drank 11+ gallons. Everything seems to be in order. I'm gonna give her a little extra dose of food to bump up the ppms and I'll be flipping after tonight's trim sesh is healed up. 3 or 4 days from now.

Here she is before the trimming...
20240323_211608.jpg

She got pretty bushy since the last trimming but this time I took quite a bit off. There are plenty of stalks and stems that should stretch and fill out nicely. Last plant, I continued tucking a week or two into flip but, this time, I'm letting all of the stretch happen vertically. There's plenty of headroom.

Here she is after an hour under the scissors...
20240323_224055.jpg
20240323_224633.jpg

Like I said, she's been drinking, a lot. Nearly a gallon per day. A bit of it, I assume, is spewing out of that hole in the middle. I'm sure her bushyness has helped as well. She's forced the exhaust to kick up a few notches more than once in the last few days so she's been putting out plenty of steam.

And here's a shot for all you root lovers out there...
20240323_224219.jpg

Thanks for tuning in
✌️ & 💚

Special thanks goes out to @Moe.Red and @Aqua Man. You guys spent a lot of time with me on my first attempt and it's made this hydro biz a breeze. I haven't touched the water in over a week which has been super helpful considering how busy I've been lately. I still poke my head in to glance at the bluelab but there are days where I don't even see the plant. She just keeps chugging along.

In the title SLG 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🥴 😉🤣

Yea I like that though the stage is set ..I really like how you left yourself the outer perimeter access ....that's a man with a plan right there
Yeah I put quite a bit of thought into it all before buying my tent. I knew I wanted a 3x3 scrog because that's where my lights footprint really tapers off. I wanted a foot of working space so I went with a 5x5 tent.

lol, I didn't know that was the strain, never heard of that one and just doesn't sound like your typical strain name 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, Dip-N-Stix. It's a fairly new Greenpoint, I believe. Bandit just harvested some and I'm pretty sure Stoney is getting close on some as well.
Screenshot_20231229_084945_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I put quite a bit of thought into it all before buying my tent. I knew I wanted a 3x3 scrog because that's where my lights footprint really tapers off. I wanted a foot of working space so I went with a 5x5 tent.

Yeah, Dip-N-Stix. It's a fairly new Greenpoint, I believe. Bandit just harvested some and I'm pretty sure Stoney is getting close on some as well.
View attachment 51283
Looks delish.....Slurricane is one I always wanted to grow.

View attachment 51283

I tapped into a DSX bud last night and lemme tell ya...Wow!

So on the outside the bud smelled like cat vomit. I crack it open and take a little bit to pack a bowl and it smelled like I opened the valve on a propane tank.
Take the first green pull, the lung expansion red lines, and I cough.
Four hits later my feet are feeling like they weigh 100lbs each. Shoulder pain evaporates and the euphoria kicks in. Trippy thoughts bouncing around like a ping pong upstairs.
I clear the bowl and load another about 30 minutes later and I'm off tripping balls for the next 3 hours moving slow with a chesire cat grin.
Get home and the wife has made pesto chicken and pasta. I destroy that fucking pot of pasta. With these munchies it didn't stand a chance of surviving the night for next day leftovers.
I load another bowl and settle in for the night. 3 more hits along with single shot bourbon neat, watch some TV, and I'm done for the day. Green Day's "Rest" starts playing in my head. Eat a banana, drink some cold decaf unsweet tea mixed with blueberry juice then got the best sleep I've had in weeks. Wake up and my body feels like I've been to a spa and had a 8 hour long massage

I tapped into a DSX bud last night and lemme tell ya...Wow!

So on the outside the bud smelled like cat vomit. I crack it open and take a little bit to pack a bowl and it smelled like I opened the valve on a propane tank.
Take the first green pull, the lung expansion red lines, and I cough.
Four hits later my feet are feeling like they weigh 100lbs each. Shoulder pain evaporates and the euphoria kicks in. Trippy thoughts bouncing around like a ping pong upstairs.
I clear the bowl and load another about 30 minutes later and I'm off tripping balls for the next 3 hours moving slow with a chesire cat grin.
Get home and the wife has made pesto chicken and pasta. I destroy that fucking pot of pasta. With these munchies it didn't stand a chance of surviving the night for next day leftovers.
I load another bowl and settle in for the night. 3 more hits along with single shot bourbon neat, watch some TV, and I'm done for the day. Green Day's "Rest" starts playing in my head. Eat a banana, drink some cold decaf unsweet tea mixed with blueberry juice then got the best sleep I've had in weeks. Wake up and my body feels like I've been to a spa and had a 8 hour long massage

Oh man... sounds like some killer smoke. Propane infused cat puke sounds so disgustingly delicious.

She's been getting 12 hours of light for two cycles now. The end is near.

Well I think my dehumidifier shit the bed. I haven't used it in 6-8 months and it worked great before. It still runs but it's not pulling any water out of the air.

The filter is clean so I'm not sure what's up. I'll tear it apart when I get a day off which is not in the foreseeable. Maybe this weekend... Probably not...

I'll be creeping up on 150 hours for this two week pay period. Not much time for anything else, right now.

I'll probably spring for a new one just in case I never get a day off again 😂

that sucks it just stopped working like that... can you hear the condenser kick on at all? did ya try punching it?

man that a shit ton of hours dude!!! fuck man, does the dog even recognize ya when ya come home??

yet you still make time to come here and check stuff out, Respect!!!!!!

that sucks it just stopped working like that... can you hear the condenser kick on at all? did ya try punching it?
Yeah I can hear it trying. I definitely gave it a kick and a shake 🤣

Something changed while I've been at work tonight, though. RH got down to 38%. Could be a combination of things. Dehuey may have liked the abuse and decided to work, kicking on the AC may have helped, and running my intake fan on low could've helped. Either way, one of those, or a combination of them, plummeted the RH in the tent. I had the lady shut down the AC and bump up the dehuey. I'll know more when I get home around six. If there's no water in the dehuey, that wasn't it. I know ACs condition the air a bit so maybe that was it. I also turned the exhaust up a notch so it's pulling more of it out. Who knows, really.

man that a shit ton of hours dude!!! fuck man, does the dog even recognize ya when ya come home??
Yeah man, works been rough lately. We're understaffed so we can't fill a 4 crew rotation and are stuck with one day shift and one night shift while we're online. As of right now, I'll finish this pay period with 154 hours. Anything over 40/week is overtime and Sunday's are double-time. The check will be nice, but I've been tired. I've lost track of my days but I'm finally able to make it through the night shift without a struggle. You can tell my toddler misses me cuz when I get up in the afternoon, she's showing off and acting wild. Thankfully mom's a trooper and is fully supportive. She's been bored out of her mind but she knows this isn't a permanent situation. One day we'll be fully staffed and can go on a rotating shift schedule. As for now, it's in the air. We could come offline this weekend or we could see an extension. We won't know until they make the call. For now, we're just cranking out the megawatts.

Last summer, when the demand is usually higher, all these guys worked multiple 30+ day schedules. One of the guys actually worked 40 in a row. This summer won't be much different.

yet you still make time to come here and check stuff out, Respect!!!!!!
It's been tough to keep up with everyone's threads but I'm doing my best to stay current on as many grows as I can. We do have quite a bit of downtime when we're online so getting on my phone isn't usually an issue. Make my hourly rounds, sit for 30-45 minutes, repeat. It can be pretty boring but I welcome it. Construction was such a "go go" attitude, it's nice to chill out for once. Just gotta keep a watchful eye on shit.

Making over a month's wages in two weeks can't be sustained for long though. Everybody's itching for a day off. My last one was on the 18th and my best chance for another is on the 31st unless something catastrophic brings the plant offline. Time will tell and I appreciate the support 👊

Hiring is rough, kids don't want to work for any price? Maybe you will get a shutdown for a turnaround soon. Plant wages use to be great $22.00 hr. at Dow but I was a contract worker and did not make but $12.00 hr. I burn one for ya! Two for me. Lol.

I'm not sure how, but I found some spare time and got my second screen strung and installed. Today is the 6th day under 12/12 lighting at 65% intensity. She bushed up hella thick after that last defoliation and there are a few runners that aren't seeing enough light. I'll probably take them when I do a 3rd week trimming. Overall, she's doing really well. I have a few burnt leaf tips here and there, but collectively she's doing great. I'm excited to see the growth in the coming weeks.
View attachment 20240331_164839.mp4

Holy hell fuck me!

I set up some automations last night to give myself a lower lights-off temp. Something's screwy with it and my heater kicked on... the entire time. When I finally checked, about halfway through lights-off cycle, the temperature was up to 99 degrees. HOLY 3.11 VPD BATMAN. Hope she's not fried when I get home.

Here are the settings I went with. Identical to my lights-on settings, just a couple degrees lower.
Screenshot_20240403_013914_AC Infinity.jpg
For some reason, when I kick that automation on, it shuts off the fan and humidifier and turns on the heater. The hell? I gotta get this figured out...

Somebody tell me it's alright...

Last edited:
I think you will be ok...outdoor temps get that way sometimes and long as no flooding catastrophe at the same time she has water so that's a good thing...

I think it'll be fine, no buds yet anyway so no terps to cook off

I think you'll be ok, hope so

I think you will be ok...outdoor temps get that way sometimes and long as no flooding catastrophe at the same time she has water so that's a good thing...

I think it'll be fine, no buds yet anyway so no terps to cook off

I think you'll be ok, hope so
Thanks for the reassurance...

It's irritating as hell. Now I can't get one set. As soon as I set it up, heater kicks on and stays on. Lights-on automation worked fine so what gives? Gonna have to hit up AC Infinity to get to the bottom of this.

Yea no clue there my buddy has an aci controller but it only does one or two things so I didn't find the one in my price range to work for me ....I think it only allowed one automation or something when I kinda wanted multiple triggers on one plug.

Man, that could be a real problem having a controller going out mid grow...mine are all on pretty affordable wifi power strips maybe I should buy a couple back ups

Yea no clue there my buddy has an aci controller but it only does one or two things so I didn't find the one in my price range to work for me ....I think it only allowed one automation or something when I kinda wanted multiple triggers on one plug.

Man, that could be a real problem having a controller going out mid grow...mine are all on pretty affordable wifi power strips maybe I should buy a couple back ups
I think I figured out my problem...

When I set it up, I guess I used temperature AND humidity settings to control both heater AND humidifier. So it was sensing low humidity and kicking on the heater AND humidifier, instead of just the temp controlling the heater and humidity controlling the humidifier. Bonehead move on my part but I guess I didn't expect low humidity to kick on my HEATER!?!?

I think I'm back in business.

Last edited:
So I think my wife wins... I got home to an XL joint already rolled for me.

Good news is the plant wasn't a crispy critter. Plus, I got my automations sorted out. Hell yes.

This thing has some seriously beefy stalks. Fatter than my thumb.
1000013353.jpg

damn, Eileen got some muscle!!!!

nice on your wife man!!!
Yeah man she's thick 🥰
The plant of course...

My wife's dope. She's so supportive. We have a little whiteboard on the fridge and this morning's note read "Happy 15th day in a row. Here's to 10 more!!". I've had the privilege to be stuck on 12hr nights shifts for the 15th day in a row and sometimes I'll find my bedtime joint already rolled. She's going to bed after a long day with our almost 2 year old, and she's making jokes and rolling me a joint. I'm tellin' ya... she wins 🏆

Well I just pulled the trigger on 5 buckets and lids from Current Culture. I went with 2" bulkheads thinking smaller plants won't clog my lines. My single plant system hasn't clogged yet and it's got a pretty serious rootball goin'.

My next run will be a 4 plant scrog and I can't fuckin' wait. I can finally start burning through all these beans I have stockpiled.

Back
Top Bottom