GrumpAzz

Wingin' it
Staff member
Contest Guy
Reaction score
Hello fellow BudBuilders. The first seedling from this round showed up this morning so I figured it's time to get another journal going. I'm excited for this grow as it will be Dip-N-Stix by Greenpoint. I grabbed a 6 pack for 30 bucks on their Reverse auction. This will be my third grow. Second grow (Power Plant) never made it to harvest. Fingers crossed for some strong genetics and a successful run.

Let's kick this off.

Equipment:
  • SpiderFarmer 5x5 tent
  • SpiderFarmer SE5000 LED with controller
  • AC Infinity Controller 69 pro
  • 6" AC Infinity exhaust fan and cabon filter
  • 6" AC Infinity inline fan for intake
  • 2x AC Infinity UIS plugs for heater/humidifier.
  • 14 gallon totes for plant and control resevoirs
  • 30 gallon tote for top-off resevoir
  • 2x BlueLab gaurdian monitors

Nutrients:
  • General Hydroponics Flora Trio and CalMag
  • Plant Success Orca Liquid Mycorrhizae
  • Mr Fulvic's Fulvic Acid
  • Small amounts of RapidRooter by GH

Dropped a few beans into the Vertical Germinator Teusday evening and the first of the 3 made it's breakthrough sometime this morning. I've got them in a VG in AC Infinity's Germination dome (helped with temps) on a heatmat. I'll get them moved into their netpots in the tent once they all show they're little leaves. The best of the 3 will grow into a 3x3 SCROG net full of dense and frosty nuggets. I'm looking to beat 10oz.

20240106_181857.jpg

Thanks for droppin' in. Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm still a beginner with only one successful attempt under my belt so I'm open to advice and criticism.

✌️ & 💚

Last edited:
Hello fellow BudBuilders. The first seedling from this round showed up this morning so I figured it's time to get another journal going. I'm excited for this grow as it will be Dip-N-Stix by Greenpoint. I grabbed a 6 pack for 30 bucks on their Reverse auction. This will be my third grow. Second grow (Power Plant) never made it to harvest. Fingers crossed for some strong genetics and a successful run.

Let's kick this off.

Equipment:
  • SpiderFarmer 5x5 tent
  • SpiderFarmer SE5000 LED with controller AC Infinity Controller 69 pro
  • 6" AC Infinity exhaust fan and cabon filter
  • 6" AC Infinity inline fan for intake
  • 2x AC Infinity UIS plugs for heater/humidifier.
  • 14 gallon totes for plant and control resevoirs
  • 30 gallon tote for top-off resevoir
  • 2x BlueLab gaurdian monitors

Nutrients:
  • General Hydroponics Flora Trio and CalMag
  • Plant Success Orca Liquid Mycorrhizae
  • Mr Fulvic's Fulvic Acid
  • Small amounts of RapidRooter by GH

Dropped a few beans into the Vertical Germinator Teusday evening and the first of the 3 made it's breakthrough sometime this morning. I've got them in a VG in AC Infinity's Germination dome (helped with temps) on a heatmat. I'll get them moved into their netpots in the tent once they all show they're little leaves. The best of the 3 will grow into a 3x3 SCROG net full of dense and frosty nuggets. I'm looking to beat 10oz.

View attachment 37537

Thanks for droppin' in. Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm still a beginner with only one successful attempt under my belt so I'm open to advice and criticism.

✌️ & 💚
🍭🍿

the "just wait" phase

hell yea brotha, lol

Right on Grump! I dropped some DNSTX yesterday. Kinda blown away at the size of those beans. Big ol chubby things!

Does it still count as popcorn if it's popcorn shrimp? Fuck I might derail another thread because there's nothing popcorn about popcorn shrimp. Just small deep fried shrimp. Why popcorn? Why not do kettlecorn popcorn shrimp? Because popcorn shrimp isn't real, that's why.
And stoney you don't know heaven until you're elbow deep in a tin full of cheddar and caramel popcorn!
And don't get me started on jumbo shrimp. They're prawns. 🙃

Right on Grump! I dropped some DNSTX yesterday. Kinda blown away at the size of those beans. Big ol chubby things!

Does it still count as popcorn if it's popcorn shrimp? Fuck I might derail another thread because there's nothing popcorn about popcorn shrimp. Just small deep fried shrimp. Why popcorn? Why not do kettlecorn popcorn shrimp? Because popcorn shrimp isn't real, that's why.
And stoney you don't know heaven until you're elbow deep in a tin full of cheddar and caramel popcorn!
Cheddar and Carmel ? Them is fighting words ! Lmao - mmmmmmmm

The other two peaked out this morning so I moved them all into the tent. They were placed in a grow plug then into 6" netpots filled with hydroton. Those were placed into a small tote half-full of RO with a bit of RapidRooter, CalMag and Orca. I'll top dress a few times a day until I start to see roots unless a winner has already been chosen. Then into the system it'll go.

I used the same plugs and netpots I tried germinating my last round in. After removing a bit of hydroton, it apeared as though the Orca was starting a couple cultures. Also found two failed seedlings within the pods. That means that all 3 tried. I think it was just too cold in the tent so the water they sat in stunted the growth.

Either way, we're off to the races!

Last edited:

MAN! Don't even mention the word Caramel Popcorn. I just polished off an entire bag of that stuff we get at the local market. I had it sitting next to my seat at the computer and before I knew it I was touching the bottom of the bag!

Gotta stop eating so much crap!:poop:

I'd like to say we have a clear winner here. The first sprout seems a couple days ahead of the other two who haven't even open up yet. I've got my eye on one of them, though. It's showing a lot of purple.
20240109_212353.jpg20240109_212403.jpg

5 days from sprout and the slow pokes haven't opened up. I'm going in to work tonight to start indefinite 12hr night shifts so I figured there's no better time than now to choose a winner.

She got a meager dose of CalMag, RapidRooter and Mr. Fulvic. There was a bit of Orca thrown in as well. Sitting at 130ppm(TDS).

80F
70%

10+ oz Dip-N-Stix grow is underway
LET'S GO
20240111_141859.jpg
View attachment 20240111_140738.mp4

Is she getting too much light? Can't raise it up or lower the intensity.
is she staying flat the whole time or "drooping" away more so before the light schedule is OFF ?

if she is, can reduce time by 30 minutes to adjust the DLI balance
I lowered the temp to 75 at 70% humidity.
need the heat to coincide with the higher PPFD, part of the "energy" for cell division and multiplication.

If she flat the whole time, you're good.

If she's lightening up (leaf color pigments), increase EC And you're fuckin sailin bro.

0.1 increments to the sweet spot

I haven't been able to keep a close eye on her as far as how she looks at lights on/off. Night shift's got my schedule kinda fucked. I was just looking at the lighter color and the couple points that have turned up.

She's still stretching, though. That leads me to believe that, if anything, she's wanting a bit more light. She's reaching for it.

I lowered my temps a tad because the space heater in the tent ran continuously at 80 and I didn't like that.

I haven't been able to keep a close eye on her as far as how she looks at lights on/off. Night shift's got my schedule kinda fucked. I was just looking at the lighter color and the couple points that have turned up.

She's still stretching, though. That leads me to believe that, if anything, she's wanting a bit more light. She's reaching for it.

I lowered my temps a tad because the space heater in the tent ran continuously at 80 and I didn't like that.
If she's growing her next node, she's done stretching, I think.

And new growth will also be lighter color, naturally, as it's synthesizing new chlorophyll, new growth.

Looking off to a good start though

Your hydroton triggered my PTSD. Wish you the best on this run, but keep those clay balls on your side of the interwebs please lol
Have a tough time with some hydroton in the past?

Your hydroton triggered my PTSD. Wish you the best on this run, but keep those clay balls on your side of the interwebs please lol
One of my first runs using a double bucket flood and drain I used hydroton as the media. Probably why I'm still growing. Need it to deal with the PTSD the hydroton gave me.

Keep on keeping on, shitty temps everywhere. Moe was saying he had slow seedling growth. I know I am having slow seedling growth too in my veg tent (no heater) so less than desirable temps.

Id say it could just be that, everyone dealing with it right now it seems. Good color to your plant i think she'll take off after about the 3week range 💪

Back
Top Bottom