Grump's Greezy Grow 🌱

GrumpAzz

Wingin' it
Staff member
Contest Guy
Reaction score
Hey all. Thanks for stopping in. I woke up this morning to a few seedlings taking their first breath after emerging from the vertical germinator.

20240619_062022.jpg

I planted six beans total and will be keeping four. This round will be all Greezy by Greenpoint Seeds.

Screenshot_20240619_073406_Gallery.jpg

I snagged the pack for under $20 on their Reverse Auction. Perfect place for affordable genetics.

Here in a day or so, I'll transfer the seedlings to some gro-plugs, place them into some 4" netpots filled with hydroton and continue to let them develop in the AC Infinity germination dome. Once I've chosen the 4 winners, they'll go into the RDWC system.

Equipment:
  • SpiderFarmer 5x5 tent
  • Under Current 8 gallon 4-site system
  • CLW SolarSystem 1100 grow light
  • ACI Controller 69 pro
  • ACI 6" exhaust fan with refillable carbon filter
  • ACI inline fan for intake from lung room
  • ACI ThermoForge heater
  • ACI CloudForge T7 humidifier
  • 2x ACI CloudRay oscillating fans
  • 2x BlueLab ph/ppm meters
  • Active Aqua 1/10hp chiller

Nutrients:
  • General Hydroponics 3 part flora series
  • General Hydroponics CaliMagic
  • General Hydroponics RapidRooter
  • Plant Success Orca Liquid Mycorrhizae
  • Mr. Fulvic organic Fulvic Acid
  • 0ppm RO/DI water

This will be my 4th attempt at reaching harvest. 1st grow hit 12 ounces, 2nd grow got culled about 3 months in and this last harvest hit 14.5 ounces. Going for my 3rd harvest and expect similar results although I won't be scrogging these plants. I plan to mainline each plant into 8 colas going for 32 colas total. I expect veg time to be cut nearly in half since I won't be trying to fill a 3x3 screen with a single plant.

Thanks for popping in. Feel free to ask some questions and/or dish out some advice. I'm pretty receptive and open to criticism. Wish me luck, folks.

✌️ & 💚

Last edited:
So far it's looking like a 100% germination. 6 for 6. Only 3 fully emerged but I think I started others too deep. A couple were getting awfully lanky so they all got transplanted to grow plugs and netpots.

I removed them from the germinator and placed them into the gro-plugs with @SweetLeafGrow's method. Slice the plug to the middle and set the seedling in. Filling around it with hydroton and lightly packing it down keeps it in place. I altered his method a bit by turning the end of the taproot horizontal. I'm hoping that will allow it to hit resistance sooner and start spitting out side shoots.

No pics of the process. For some reason I get SUPER paranoid once the roots are exposed. I go into work mode or something.

They're comfortably sitting under the lights of the dome in an inch or so of RO water with a dash of GH Rapid Rooter. The heating pad underneath keeps them a cozy 81 degrees. I have a fan blowing on the setup with the vents wide open.

Anyway, here's a group shot...
20240619_224652.jpg

And here's this week's star player...
20240619_224659.jpg

Stay tuned for more HOT action!!

So far it's looking like a 100% germination. 6 for 6. Only 3 fully emerged but I think I started others too deep. A couple were getting awfully lanky so they all got transplanted to grow plugs and netpots.

I removed them from the germinator and placed them into the gro-plugs with @SweetLeafGrow's method. Slice the plug to the middle and set the seedling in. Filling around it with hydroton and lightly packing it down keeps it in place. I altered his method a bit by turning the end of the taproot horizontal. I'm hoping that will allow it to hit resistance sooner and start spitting out side shoots.

No pics of the process. For some reason I get SUPER paranoid once the roots are exposed. I go into work mode or something.

They're comfortably sitting under the lights of the dome in an inch or so of RO water with a dash of GH Rapid Rooter. The heating pad underneath keeps them a cozy 81 degrees. I have a fan blowing on the setup with the vents wide open.

Anyway, here's a group shot...
View attachment 62263

And here's this week's star player...
View attachment 62264

Stay tuned for more HOT action!!

did you get the solar system yet, is lighting your plants now?

just to set your mind at ease, even at this young age they're pretty resilient. just yesterday i dropped one of mine on the floor three times before i actually got it in the soil!! i even yelled at myself out loud.. C'mon stoneyluv get your shit together!! hahahaha

I got the light set up, but they're just chilling in the ACI lighted germ dome for now. Gotta get the rest of the tent ready for them today if I can find the time.

just to set your mind at ease, even at this young age they're pretty resilient. just yesterday i dropped one of mine on the floor three times before i actually got it in the soil!! i even yelled at myself out loud.. C'mon stoneyluv get your shit together!! hahahaha
Man I know.. I've been told that a few times by a few different people 🤣

I even told myself, "I'm gonna get some pics this time." Then, as soon I the little fuzzy roots are exposed, I just wig out I guess. It's like I peel back the paper towel and it's time to buckle down.

I got the light set up, but they're just chilling in the ACI lighted germ dome for now. Gotta get the rest of the tent ready for them today if I can find the time.

Man I know.. I've been told that a few times by a few different people 🤣

I even told myself, "I'm gonna get some pics this time." Then, as soon I the little fuzzy roots are exposed, I just wig out I guess. It's like I peel back the paper towel and it's time to buckle down.

i thought that was you that had that cool dome but wasn't 100%..

just an fyi, i'm going to try Bandits recipe of full spectrum at his power suggestions. my seedlings with heads above soil are at 30-30-30. about 28" up.

i thought that was you that had that cool dome but wasn't 100%..
It's really cool but it only gets used for a week or so at a time. I'll move them to the tent without the dome in the next couple days.

just an fyi, i'm going to try Bandits recipe of full spectrum at his power suggestions. my seedlings with heads above soil are at 30-30-30. about 28" up.
Awesome. Can't wait to see what this light can do 👊

Everyone is coming to light just fine. Got their new setup almost ready. Gonna run bleach through it and dump it. Then I'll run H2O2 through it. When the seedlings are ready, I'll mix up a full batch of nutes aiming for 150-200ppm.
20240620_152332.jpgScreenshot_20240620_155138_Photo Editor.jpg

I'm anticipating 32 midget arms full of buds

yeah i was aiming for gatorade bottle sized buds and got shooter shot glass size once dry!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i'm getting ready to bust out the bowl trimmer and get busy... i'm gonna try to accurately weight each plant. there are five cultivars but i want to keep seven separate phenos combined. this should at least give me a baseline for the mainline run.

yeah i was aiming for gatorade bottle sized buds and got shooter shot glass size once dry!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i'm getting ready to bust out the bowl trimmer and get busy... i'm gonna try to accurately weight each plant. there are five cultivars but i want to keep seven separate phenos combined. this should at least give me a baseline for the mainline run.
Let me know what you end up thinking with the wet vs dry trim. With this dew point talk, my tent being 70ish degrees shouldn't be an issue. I can control humidity to a T.

That's week 2 after flip
Fastest plants I ever seen hairs orange and all shit lol 😆 👀

I just wet trim fans and then pop the sugar leaves off after dry and cure. I think they help hold in the gassy notes. Just my 2 stoned cents but yea ran pretty much close to that this time 70f and 60rh 👍🏻

All went well no hay or funky basement smells

Last edited:

Yep. Did it with Purple Diesel. Bent her in half from 3 feet on her head. Then had the peat puck split in half picking it up because I took the net off.🤦

Today, she self topped. 😳
IMG_8886.jpeg

Let me know what you end up thinking with the wet vs dry trim. With this dew point talk, my tent being 70ish degrees shouldn't be an issue. I can control humidity to a T.

i liked it a lot man, i kinda felt spoiled. it worked much better when it was full versus not but still works well with just an ounce at a time. the only major difference i notice dry to wet is dry you only need two or three revolutions. and it works better if you change direction. when i used it wet it seemed like all one direction worked better.

it leaves the trim in a perfect mulch too, makes it easier to extract. i struggle to find anything i don't like about it. at first the dry trimming seemed to make more of a mess and sit on the outside lip of the rubber seal, but after using it more last night i found out if i just hold a little pressure on the dome it keeps it sealed and nothing really gets on there anymore.

next harvest i would like to try a full wet trim with it.

i cleaned it all up in a few minutes and back in the box ready for the next job!!

i liked it a lot man, i kinda felt spoiled. it worked much better when it was full versus not but still works well with just an ounce at a time. the only major difference i notice dry to wet is dry you only need two or three revolutions. and it works better if you change direction. when i used it wet it seemed like all one direction worked better.

it leaves the trim in a perfect mulch too, makes it easier to extract. i struggle to find anything i don't like about it. at first the dry trimming seemed to make more of a mess and sit on the outside lip of the rubber seal, but after using it more last night i found out if i just hold a little pressure on the dome it keeps it sealed and nothing really gets on there anymore.

next harvest i would like to try a full wet trim with it.

i cleaned it all up in a few minutes and back in the box ready for the next job!!
Hell yeah dude. Next up is the smoke report. If there's no negligible difference, I'll continue the wet trim. It was just so easy to chop and trim in the same shift.

This CloudForge T7 humidifier is a beast. Even with the tent door open, level 10 is basically a fog machine. That fan is blowing as hard as it can.

20240621_121758.jpg

It will collect water in any drip loops and it'll drip from the end if it's hooked and pointed down. It made it tough to configure outside the tent but I think I managed. It's just a little in the way with my limited space. Small price to pay for the ability to fill it without opening up the tent.

I drilled a hole in the heater and hung it way up out of the way. It's small so it was easy. Little thing is surprisingly powerful.

20240621_121458.jpg

I have the tent all rigged up and I'm breaking for lunch. Doing an environmental test while I'm at it. Gonna run the air hoses and bubblers and make it all presentable after some fried chicken and cheese turds.

Last edited:
This CloudForge T7 humidifier is a beast. Even with the tent door open, level 10 is basically a fog machine. That fan is blowing as hard as it can.

View attachment 62496

It will collect water in any drip loops and it'll drip from the end if it's hooked and pointed down. It made it tough to configure outside the tent but I think I managed. It's just a little in the way with my limited space. Small price to pay for the ability to fill it without opening up the tent.

I drilled a hole in the heater and hung it way up out of the way. It's small so it was easy. Little thing is surprisingly powerful.

View attachment 62494

I have the tent all rigged up and I'm breaking for lunch. Doing an environmental test while I'm at it. Gonna run the air hoses and bubblers and make it all presentable after some fried chicken and cheese turds.
Man this all looks great. We need a a video of the whole space when you get done. And cheese curds rock.

Back
Top Bottom