Kuwl's Deja Vue All Over Again

Your plants look great Kuwl.
Glad to see having better results for your efforts.
Have you topped them or are you going too?

I put it there for ease of filling.
Had it in the corner but kept hitting my head on the light lol.
Besides I have a oc fan blowing back and forth, the steam disipates before it goes an inch.
Might move it for convinience later when the AP is all set up and I can see the layout better.
The further you can keep it away from the plants the better for atomization and distribution.

The further you can keep it away from the plants the better for atomization and distribution.
Thx I put a new longer extension cord so I can move it around now, it’s in the corner right now but will prob end up nearer the fan if possible

Had some problems with the valve system I guess I didn’t put them together right after I cleaned them last time.
You’re running good now, what a relief.
The lights at 24 inches and 50% brightNess
I got the air on low.IMG_5032.jpegIMG_5031.jpegIMG_5029.jpeg

Had some problems with the valve system I guess I didn’t put them together right after I cleaned them last time.
You’re running good now, what a relief.
The lights at 24 inches and 50% brightNess
I got the air on low.View attachment 32875View attachment 32876View attachment 32877
Story of my life;
I finally was done with the transfere and fixing the valves, preping the clay balls, etc.,
mixing the soil with perlite and worm castings and azmonite and gypsom, getting it all done,
took a few hrs and then shop vac'ed the room.
I used the clay balls cause the Air Base inserts were not arriving till the 11th - 17th, they said.
Went to check the mail and wattaya kno the darn inserts arrived :ROFLMAO:
Man they are nice and I would have saved myself a lot of time and trouble if I just waited another few hours.
They are over built and the center pops out for the air dome to fit in. They would be hard to replicate tho.
So next grow I throw out the clay balls lol.

Story of my life;
I finally was done with the transfere and fixing the valves, preping the clay balls, etc.,
mixing the soil with perlite and worm castings and azmonite and gypsom, getting it all done,
took a few hrs and then shop vac'ed the room.
I used the clay balls cause the Air Base inserts were not arriving till the 11th - 17th, they said.
Went to check the mail and wattaya kno the darn inserts arrived :ROFLMAO:
Man they are nice and I would have saved myself a lot of time and trouble if I just waited another few hours.
They are over built and the center pops out for the air dome to fit in. They would be hard to replicate tho.
So next grow I throw out the clay balls lol.
I was wondering about the air gap between the top of the inserts and the 1 inch of water in the trays. seem to me the roots are going to be exposed to open air the in the 2" of space between them, where the clay balls would lay. I guess being in the dark and in a damp location alls good.

I was wondering about the air gap between the top of the inserts and the 1 inch of water in the trays. seem to me the roots are going to be exposed to open air the in the 2" of space between them, where the clay balls would lay. I guess being in the dark and in a damp location alls good.
It says you have to stuff the material down them holes to fill in that gap with material I guess they mean your soil or whatever you’re using

It says you have to stuff the material down them holes to fill in that gap with material I guess they mean your soil or whatever you’re using
Ah, then whats the purpose of the air base inserts if we need to fill the base with soil anyways?. Saves on clay balls but we still need to fill the gap?.......odd now that I think about them.

Ah, then whats the purpose of the air base inserts if we need to fill the base with soil anyways?. Saves on clay balls but we still need to fill the gap?.......odd now that I think about them.
The Air Base Guide says this "Push the medium down through the holes in the Base-
this is essential for capillary action to occur"
Also seems the top 3rd of the AD fits through it so soil sits on top of it.
Well I really hate those clay balls so still gonna throw them out lol.
Here is the flier they put in the package to explain thier use.
I have no idea what they are doing in that last pic #6 lol
IMG_5033.JPG

The Air Base Guide says this "Push the medium down through the holes in the Base-
this is essential for capillary action to occur"
Also seems the top 3rd of the AD fits through it so soil sits on top of it.
Well I really hate those clay balls so still gonna throw them out lol.
Here is the flier they put in the package to explain thier use.
I have no idea what they are doing in that last pic #6 lol
View attachment 33062
I'm not sure how the clay balls work then, I know the roots rapidly grow through the clay balls and the top of my soil in the pots is damp...capillary action drawing up moisture is working but my brain can't get around it because the balls don't seem to hold much moisture.....they float....science shit....lol

I have the copper bags that go under the pots, and after day 2 and I had leaks, I pulled a pot out of the bag and there were roots already hanging out the bottom. 1 day the roots must have travelled 6 inches or more after I transplanted them into the auto pots to reach the water in the trays.

When I saw that it confirms my dislike for small plants in large pots without a well established root zone. There is no way to know how far the roots have travelled and the tap roots won't grow into dry soil so unless the soil is saturated they will bottom out into dry soil. I've seen / read of lots of folks starting in 10 gal pots with seedlings and I don't know how they can do that successfully.......I ramble...while I smoke....lol

I'm not sure how the clay balls work then, I know the roots rapidly grow through the clay balls and the top of my soil in the pots is damp...capillary action drawing up moisture is working but my brain can't get around it because the balls don't seem to hold much moisture.....they float....science shit....lol

I have the copper bags that go under the pots, and after day 2 and I had leaks, I pulled a pot out of the bag and there were roots already hanging out the bottom. 1 day the roots must have travelled 6 inches or more after I transplanted them into the auto pots to reach the water in the trays.

When I saw that it confirms my dislike for small plants in large pots without a well established root zone. There is no way to know how far the roots have travelled and the tap roots won't grow into dry soil so unless the soil is saturated they will bottom out into dry soil. I've seen / read of lots of folks starting in 10 gal pots with seedlings and I don't know how they can do that successfully.......I ramble...while I smoke....lol
None of it makes sense to me.
I thought about covering the air pod with cheese cloth to keep the dirt from packing in there
and slowing the flow or even stopping the bubbles.
Next time I will do that and f the balls.
Goofy how the air base does absolutely nothing with the top 3rd sticking out like that.

I have the socks on the bottom and I also put one of the copper sheets on the inside of the pot also.
I've had no problems so far with roots growing out of the pot at all, only a bit into the air dome but not enough to stop it from functioning.

None of it makes sense to me.
I thought about covering the air pod with cheese cloth to keep the dirt from packing in there
and slowing the flow or even stopping the bubbles.
Next time I will do that and f the balls.
Goofy how the air base does absolutely nothing with the top 3rd sticking out like that.

I have the socks on the bottom and I also put one of the copper sheets on the inside of the pot also.
I've had no problems so far with roots growing out of the pot at all, only a bit into the air dome but not enough to stop it from functioning.
On past grows the roots have been massive around the air dome and onto the airstone through the balls. I never got that with regular pots. my plants have jumped since putting them in the pots and turning them on. Even through the leaking trays they were jumping in size & now that they've flipped they're going to be too big again...lol...I hope to get a net on today and bend them over to keep them down with maybe a bit of lower grooming on them as well.

On past grows the roots have been massive around the air dome and onto the airstone through the balls. I never got that with regular pots. my plants have jumped since putting them in the pots and turning them on. Even through the leaking trays they were jumping in size & now that they've flipped they're going to be too big again...lol...I hope to get a net on today and bend them over to keep them down with maybe a bit of lower grooming on them as well.
Right now I got plain water in the tank.
You think I should put some light nutes in?
In regular pots I wait a week or two since they have fresh soil around them.
They look good and recovered from the trans plant well only a lil drooping.
At 6 weeks I'll flip em so that would be next Wed.
It'll be full on feeding then.

Right now I got plain water in the tank.
You think I should put some light nutes in?
In regular pots I wait a week or two since they have fresh soil around them.
They look good and recovered from the trans plant well only a lil drooping.
At 6 weeks I'll flip em so that would be next Wed.
It'll be full on feeding then.
If there in regular promix theres no feed for plants. A light feed wont hurt them.

If there in regular promix theres no feed for plants. A light feed wont hurt them.
Yes they need feeding, I start at around 3 weeks in veg giving them 2/2/2 ml / gal Micro/Grow/Bloom then move up weekly as they grow, I just fed my 1 week in flower plants , 8 week old, 5/6/6 +1 Tsp epsom salts........+ my other stuff, Diamond Nectar, Flora Clean at 4/5 ml/gal, next week 3, cal/mag gets added in at 5ml/gal , then Kool Bloom once the buds have formed around week 4

Yes they need feeding, I start at around 3 weeks in veg giving them 2/2/2 ml / gal Micro/Grow/Bloom then move up weekly as they grow, I just fed my 1 week in flower plants , 8 week old, 5/6/6 +1 Tsp epsom salts........+ my other stuff, Diamond Nectar, Flora Clean at 4/5 ml/gal, next week 3, cal/mag gets added in at 5ml/gal , then Kool Bloom once the buds have formed around week 4
I’ll give em a light feed now that they’ve settled in with Pro-Tekt an Foilage Pro.
Not using Zyme this time

Similar but different, where we fill a tray with a float valve and the roots draw from the bottom wicking water up through the substrateView attachment 33114
So it just keeps a reservoir of water for the plants to draw from? The float is to maintain water level? I would imagine it is connected to an open water source to keep the reservoirs topped off?

So it just keeps a reservoir of water for the plants to draw from? The float is to maintain water level? I would imagine it is connected to an open water source to keep the reservoirs topped off?
No open water source we need to top off the tank with nutrients every couple of days when they are in flower. They'll go through a gallon plus a day each at peak so we often need to top up daily. In veg they can go almost a week without topping off

No open water source we need to top off the tank with nutrients every couple of days when they are in flower. They'll go through a gallon plus a day each at peak so we often need to top up daily. In veg they can go almost a week without topping off
So what is the advantage of using this type of system to hand watering? I can see that it would have a constant source of nutrient like in DWC but as far as having to keep them watered I'm not sure I see the advantage.

So what is the advantage of using this type of system to hand watering? I can see that it would have a constant source of nutrient like in DWC but as far as having to keep them watered I'm not sure I see the advantage.
I switched from cloth pots to this system because of my back.
Watering each individual pot maybe 8 of em them lifting them to see if they're dry enough
then moving them so I can empty the catch trays or vac'in them all out with multipul trips
to empty the shop vac and the mess it caused. So alot less work and pain for me.
I was thinking of DWC but don't have a way to drain it and too complicated for me.

Now I fill a 2 gal pail put in the nutes and dump into the 12.4 gal. reservoir tank and walk away.
The tank will last a week to a few days, depending on how many plants as they grow bigger.
Much less time.
I could buy a larger reservoir they come in larger sizes with wheels to make less trips
but I have another 4 pot system so I will just swap out the res tank when it needs cleaned.

Cruising along.
Nothing to do till the flip on Wed.
I got the mixer pump in the res tank on a timer that turns it on 5
times a day for about an hour ea. time. Temp in the cellar is 62 I don't want
the pump motor heating up the water running constant.
Water is clear so I can see the pump and filter good.
No problems so far.
Not using any airstones in the tank, I think they get enough from the domes in the pots.
Increased the light 5% at 18 in. above the plants (27 lux).
Temp is 80 Hummi 52 PPM 600

Warm outside today felt like 60 so took the electric bike for a test run.
Wow !! Really fast, I got to 22 mph down my one way street in 3/4ths of the block!
Pedaling was ok (the chain stayed on and the gears (7 speed) worked as they should.
I will be out and about this Spring.
It has 3 stages of pedal assist. I mainly used #3 (very little or no pedal assist)
It's fast and has torque so I will have to get used to it.
But all in all It is a great bike with only one problem.
The tail light charger plug in the tail light is loose and won't connect to the charger.
Now if I can get the wifey on hers so we can both ride around town in 3-4 months.

The Auto Pots are working and plants are doing well.
My problems usually begin at the last 4 weeks.
Usually it's the light that I screw with that gets me in trouble.
I seem to stress them out and they start seeding on me.
Plenty of time to work on that.
Keeping it a simple as possible and paying attention to the
feed and light chart's. I always do good in veg stage and these are the best looking of all.
Moved the steamer to the other side of the room behind the door and fan after I took this pic.
QC Blues are on the left and up front on the right is QC White behind is LSD
Next gro this room will be full.
IMG_5036.JPG

I was thinking of DWC but don't have a way to drain it and too complicated for me.
Bro, you would be fine in RDWC, you are doing great as it is! I have not followed a lot of what you are doing but you already know quite a bit from what I have seen.

It's not any more complicated in RDWC that what you already know, you would have lots of help here too.

Drain? All you need is access to a waste line and a water pump and some tubing. I got a bad back too, done soil too. RDWC is not any worse on my back than soil, maybe easier.

Bro, you would be fine in RDWC, you are doing great as it is! I have not followed a lot of what you are doing but you already know quite a bit from what I have seen.

It's not any more complicated in RDWC that what you already know, you would have lots of help here too.

Drain? All you need is access to a waste line and a water pump and some tubing. I got a bad back too, done soil too. RDWC is not any worse on my back than soil, maybe easier.
Ya maybe, but I got this system for now and would take some high thinking to get another going,
of course I could use this one and convert it, it's something to think about.

Cruising along.
Nothing to do till the flip on Wed.
I got the mixer pump in the res tank on a timer that turns it on 5
times a day for about an hour ea. time. Temp in the cellar is 62 I don't want
the pump motor heating up the water running constant.
Water is clear so I can see the pump and filter good.
No problems so far.
Not using any airstones in the tank, I think they get enough from the domes in the pots.
Increased the light 5% at 18 in. above the plants (27 lux).
Temp is 80 Hummi 52 PPM 600

Warm outside today felt like 60 so took the electric bike for a test run.
Wow !! Really fast, I got to 22 mph down my one way street in 3/4ths of the block!
Pedaling was ok (the chain stayed on and the gears (7 speed) worked as they should.
I will be out and about this Spring.
It has 3 stages of pedal assist. I mainly used #3 (very little or no pedal assist)
It's fast and has torque so I will have to get used to it.
But all in all It is a great bike with only one problem.
The tail light charger plug in the tail light is loose and won't connect to the charger.
Now if I can get the wifey on hers so we can both ride around town in 3-4 months.

The Auto Pots are working and plants are doing well.
My problems usually begin at the last 4 weeks.
Usually it's the light that I screw with that gets me in trouble.
I seem to stress them out and they start seeding on me.
Plenty of time to work on that.
Keeping it a simple as possible and paying attention to the
feed and light chart's. I always do good in veg stage and these are the best looking of all.
Moved the steamer to the other side of the room behind the door and fan after I took this pic.
QC Blues are on the left and up front on the right is QC White behind is LSD
Next gro this room will be full.
View attachment 33420
The last 4 weeks you have troubles? I'm not sure if this chart will help but I follow it and I start with cal/mag week 3 in flower. I've followed this chart through my last 2 grows and I'm not getting the yellow fade starting week 4. I don't use cal/mag while vegging and its fked me up when I have but in these pots they seems to like it.1702163580617.png

The last 4 weeks you have troubles? I'm not sure if this chart will help but I follow it and I start with cal/mag week 3 in flower. I've followed this chart through my last 2 grows and I'm not getting the yellow fade starting week 4. I don't use cal/mag while vegging and its fked me up when I have but in these pots they seems to like it.View attachment 33434
Yes I have that chart on my desktop and will take another look at it but my brain finds it hard to read lol

Gettin Old
My hands stopped working so good this year, it's genetic.
They call it trigger finger lol.
Locks up when I bend it and won't unlock until I put some effort into it.
Damm.
So I went nuts and brought the wife and I an electric bike.
Unless the weather clears it will sit till spring tho hahaha.
Hey you only live once.
View attachment 32495
Plants are going nuts as I turned the MarsHydro FC4800 to 50% last wk.
Also moved it up to 18"
Feeding them at 50% but tomorrows feed will be 100% 5/5/2.5
Only using 3 products for this feed.
Dyna Gro, Pro-Tekt, Foilage Pro and Mag Pro.
They are at 5 wks by Wed.
Time to move them to the final pots.
But forgot to PH my clay balls, then noticed there's not enough.
Ordered more but won't get here till Tues.
Then I got fustrated at the whole clay ball thing and ordered the inserts
so I don't have to use the clay no more.
Maybe I'll put some under the Auto Pot Air Base Squares.
idk I could use them to break up the soil density too.
Should be here tomorrow if early enough I can do the transfere then.
Wonder if those small whitesh cutting boards could be sized to fit if they cheap enough.
@ $2.77 ea. That would be a bargain with a lil cutting and drilling.
Might try it if they look right to me, as I need 4 more for the next grow.
View attachment 32496

Setting up the Auto Pot System lil bit by lil bit.
Thinking about adding my 2 Ts 1000 140w lights in there too.
That should make the electric meter spin.

Almost 5 wks and this is where I'm at.
View attachment 32492View attachment 32493View attachment 32494
Gettin Old
My hands stopped working so good this year, it's genetic.
They call it trigger finger lol.
Locks up when I bend it and won't unlock until I put some effort into it.
Damm.
So I went nuts and brought the wife and I an electric bike.
Unless the weather clears it will sit till spring tho hahaha.
Hey you only live once.
View attachment 32495
Plants are going nuts as I turned the MarsHydro FC4800 to 50% last wk.
Also moved it up to 18"
Feeding them at 50% but tomorrows feed will be 100% 5/5/2.5
Only using 3 products for this feed.
Dyna Gro, Pro-Tekt, Foilage Pro and Mag Pro.
They are at 5 wks by Wed.
Time to move them to the final pots.
But forgot to PH my clay balls, then noticed there's not enough.
Ordered more but won't get here till Tues.
Then I got fustrated at the whole clay ball thing and ordered the inserts
so I don't have to use the clay no more.
Maybe I'll put some under the Auto Pot Air Base Squares.
idk I could use them to break up the soil density too.
Should be here tomorrow if early enough I can do the transfere then.
Wonder if those small whitesh cutting boards could be sized to fit if they cheap enough.
@ $2.77 ea. That would be a bargain with a lil cutting and drilling.
Might try it if they look right to me, as I need 4 more for the next grow.
View attachment 32496

Setting up the Auto Pot System lil bit by lil bit.
Thinking about adding my 2 Ts 1000 140w lights in there too.
That should make the electric meter spin.

Almost 5 wks and this is where I'm at.
View attachment 32492View attachment 32493View attachment 32494
The wife and i got a pair of ebikes last spring and quite enjoy them. We put 1500 miles on them over the Summer.

The last 4 weeks you have troubles? I'm not sure if this chart will help but I follow it and I start with cal/mag week 3 in flower. I've followed this chart through my last 2 grows and I'm not getting the yellow fade starting week 4. I don't use cal/mag while vegging and its fked me up when I have but in these pots they seems to like it.View attachment 33434
I just see where it starts to need cal/mag then the need for K at 4 weeks peaking at 6 then tapering off all nutes. I stretch it to 10 weeks so I just imagine the upward and downward slope & this run I'm peaking feed at 6 weeks then start cutting back, like 1 ml/feed per nute/gal. I can also see how quickly cal/mag is needed at 3 weeks and by week 5 already cutting back or in my case this time it will be week 6.

Back
Top Bottom