Kuwl's Deja Vue All Over Again

I just see where it starts to need cal/mag then the need for K at 4 weeks peaking at 6 then tapering off all nutes. I stretch it to 10 weeks so I just imagine the upward and downward slope & this run I'm peaking feed at 6 weeks then start cutting back, like 1 ml/feed per nute/gal. I can also see how quickly cal/mag is needed at 3 weeks and by week 5 already cutting back or in my case this time it will be week 6.
I think it's the tapering off of nutes that get me and Lights to high or to intense.
I do ok most of the grow then I go nuts wanting to try diferent types of nutes and stuff.
The chart I use is good until wk 6 or 7 that's when I need to taper off.
Also by then the light is 100% and I think it's too much for them.
Last grow I got light burn, whiting out some of the cola's and I was using
UV lights too soon and too close.
Going back to a basic grow to iron out the problems.
Going into flower stage mode this Wed or maybe sooner, they will be a healthy 6 wks.
I only used Mag Pro once during this veg stage, no Zyme.
Now in the flower stage I will follow it until wk 6 then make adjustments to scale it down.
Maybe just Bloom and no flush.
I see you using epsome salts, how much and when and what's it good for?
So far my tank water is clear.
FeedChart.png

I think it's the tapering off of nutes that get me and Lights to high or to intense.
I do ok most of the grow then I go nuts wanting to try diferent types of nutes and stuff.
The chart I use is good until wk 6 or 7 that's when I need to taper off.
Also by then the light is 100% and I think it's too much for them.
Last grow I got light burn, whiting out some of the cola's and I was using
UV lights too soon and too close.
Going back to a basic grow to iron out the problems.
Going into flower stage mode this Wed or maybe sooner, they will be a healthy 6 wks.
I only used Mag Pro once during this veg stage, no Zyme.
Now in the flower stage I will follow it until wk 6 then make adjustments to scale it down.
Maybe just Bloom and no flush.
I see you using epsome salts, how much and when and what's it good for?
So far my tank water is clear.
View attachment 33536
Going under the led's after vegging under t5's I have noticed leave issues and after talking it out on the farm it was diagnosed as needing more magnesium so I add a tsp/ gallon with regular feeds for 2-3 weeks ( 1 week before I flip and 2 weeks into flower) until I start adding cal/mag at week 3 weeks in flower. Then at the end as a flush/ treatment with 1 tbs / gal the last 3-4 days of their life to help with the burn after harvest. Supposed to be a tobacco farmers trick for better burning tobacco

Going under the led's after vegging under t5's I have noticed leave issues and after talking it out on the farm it was diagnosed as needing more magnesium so I add a tsp/ gallon with regular feeds for 2-3 weeks ( 1 week before I flip and 2 weeks into flower) until I start adding cal/mag at week 3 weeks in flower. Then at the end as a flush/ treatment with 1 tbs / gal the last 3-4 days of their life to help with the burn after harvest. Supposed to be a tobacco farmers trick for better burning tobacco
I been dumping my run off before I put them in AP's so all that going down my main drain.
Now I got to call a plumber cause tree root in the yard next door and out front are getting into my drain system.
I think the nutes I dump cause them to grow faster lmao dam.
Now its plugged up so no showers or flushing or dishes till the plumber comes :sick:
I think I will have to take the tank outside to dump from now on.

For some reason I get antsey and only use the T5's for the first 2-3 weeks then I have to fire up the big light.
Works for me and I have no issues with the change over. Going to try that (tsp/gal @ flip and for a week or 2 after) when I flip any day now.

I currently add 10-100ppm of mag sulfate, depending on the stage and what the plants are trying to tell me.

Magnesium likes to burn.

I been dumping my run off before I put them in AP's so all that going down my main drain.
Now I got to call a plumber cause tree root in the yard next door and out front are getting into my drain system.
Now its plugged up so no showers or flushing or dishes till the plumber comes :sick:

For some reason I get antsey and only use the T5's for the first 2-3 weeks then I have to fire up the big light.
Works for me and I have no issues with the change over. Going to try that (tsp/gal @ flip and for a week or 2 after) when I flip any day now.
I've been vegging under fluorescent for 25+ years and I like them, I started with t'8s and moved to T5's and they're good for 2+ months with additional t5 side lighting but moving them under the led's caused leaf issues. I probably had the light on too strong as well but my leaves are now healthier after putting them under the led's & adding some Epsom salts. I'm just moving into week 2 of flower and I'm bumping my lights to 75%ish today from 60% and see how my plants handle it

Jumping the gun flipping to 12/12 today.
2 days early, adding some bloom in the 2 gal bucket I use to mix the nutes before they go into the tank. (13th bad so flipping early)
Along with Pro-Tekt an Foliage Pro an Mag Pro
5/5/2.5/5 per gal PT/FP/MP/B 700 PPM
I’ve used this feed method a few times an it works for me until it goes wanky later in wk 6.
Then is when I will change the chart if something bad shows up.
I think it might be more of a lighting issue than a nute issue for me.

Plumbers showed up on time and fixed the cellar drain.
Soccer ball size of a root ball came out, not bad. $140 WoW good deals RR guys wanted $350+
Good for another 5 yrs

Got this at GW for $3.99 use it for back up when I’m messing with light settings.
I turn it on an set it on main light just in case.
Moved the steamer behind the door.
LSD (back right) was the smallest now the biggest.
IMG_5048.jpegIMG_5047.jpegIMG_5043.jpegIMG_5040.jpegIMG_5039.jpegIMG_5038.jpeg

Jumping the gun flipping to 12/12 today.
2 days early, adding some bloom in the 2 gal bucket I use to mix the nutes before they go into the tank. (13th bad so flipping early)
Along with Pro-Tekt an Foliage Pro an Mag Pro
5/5/2.5/5 per gal PT/FP/MP/B 700 PPM
I’ve used this feed method a few times an it works for me until it goes wanky later in wk 6.
Then is when I will change the chart if something bad shows up.
I think it might be more of a lighting issue than a nute issue for me.

Plumbers showed up on time and fixed the cellar drain.
Soccer ball size of a root ball came out, not bad. $140 WoW good deals RR guys wanted $350+
Good for another 5 yrs

Got this at GW for $3.99 use it for back up when I’m messing with light settings.
I turn it on an set it on main light just in case.
Moved the steamer behind the door.
LSD (back right) was the smallest now the biggest.
View attachment 33624View attachment 33625View attachment 33626View attachment 33627View attachment 33628View attachment 33629
Hey everything looking great, plants look nice and healthy and with your pots all running they'll take off.

Good deal on that light, I'd not seen them before so I googled, at $50 Usa you got a deal, says its wet rated too so some water repelling abilities is handy with our plants too.

Looks like you're going to need a flat screen on your wall for entertainment while your working / relaxing in your den...lol all your work getting it set up is paying of...eh

Hey everything looking great, plants look nice and healthy and with your pots all running they'll take off.

Good deal on that light, I'd not seen them before so I googled, at $50 Usa you got a deal, says its wet rated too so some water repelling abilities is handy with our plants too.

Looks like you're going to need a flat screen on your wall for entertainment while your working / relaxing in your den...lol all your work getting it set up is paying of...eh
Oh ya much nicer, no back pain when I’m finished. Easy to move around and plenty of room.
I got the 8 inch fan set on nature for a natural breeze to the plants. I’m loving it.

Oh ya much nicer, no back pain when I’m finished. Easy to move around and plenty of room.
I got the 8 inch fan set on nature for a natural breeze to the plants. I’m loving it.
I have a yellow and black mite eater somehow playing on my leaves in Decemberwasponleaf.JPG

Testing side lights.
Have these 2 MarsHydro TS 1000 lights 240w I believe.
Might use them in the future when those flowers start to pop.
Setting them up and on to see how everything goes.
Real easy with lots of room, just a matter of screwing in some hooks.
No problems with load or breakers popping,
I checked for warm plugs an wires and its all cool.
Turned off for now.
Getting all the little things done.
Next I got to place some hooks for the net.
One has to go into the rock wall.
IMG_5050.PNGIMG_5051.JPGIMG_5052.JPG

Testing side lights.
Have these 2 MarsHydro TS 1000 lights 240w I believe.
Might use them in the future when those flowers start to pop.
Setting them up and on to see how everything goes.
Real easy with lots of room, just a matter of screwing in some hooks.
No problems with load or breakers popping,
I checked for warm plugs an wires and its all cool.
Turned off for now.
Getting all the little things done.
Next I got to place some hooks for the net.
One has to go into the rock wall.
View attachment 33904View attachment 33905View attachment 33906
looks great with side lighting you may want 4 bamboo poles supporting them with cross bars. into a lattice , like my mobile one I build. $ store bamboo poked into the pots with green wire ties holding cross supports. Instead of just tops you got sides tooIMG_3773.JPG

Maybe flush some Drano down your toilet 2 - 3 times a year. I hear it won't hurt your pipes (tv ad) but it may cook new roots

Maybe flush some Drano down your toilet 2 - 3 times a year. I hear it won't hurt your pipes (tv ad) but it may cook new roots
I do that couple of times a month also bleach.
The plumber showed me the roots he took out and showed the dead darkened roots along with some new fresh ones.
I think the new fresh ones were caused by my nutes lol so now I wash a couple of gallons of water down after the nute dump.
But as long as these guys are in business I don't mind paying $140 that's a good deal and they cleaned it all the way to the street,
which is 130 feet out from the house! Rot Rooter wanted $350 (basic) + another $150 to go to the street.

looks great with side lighting you may want 4 bamboo poles supporting them with cross bars. into a lattice , like my mobile one I build. $ store bamboo poked into the pots with green wire ties holding cross supports. Instead of just tops you got sides tooView attachment 33910
I almost forgot about that hack you did.
Bamboo is seasonal they don't have any at this time of the year.
I don't have the wood to do it but it I find a cheap stool at the Good Will
I'll pop the seat off

I almost forgot about that hack you did.
Bamboo is seasonal they don't have any at this time of the year.
I don't have the wood to do it but it I find a cheap stool at the Good Will
I'll pop the seat off
a big hardware shop aka HOME DEPOT might cut a10' 2x4 - 2x6 into 4 slices of wood then in half for 8- 5ft posts, even 3 posts in each pot could support stalks and branches. I/m just throwing it out there.

a big hardware shop aka HOME DEPOT might cut a10' 2x4 - 2x6 into 4 slices of wood then in half for 8- 5ft posts, even 3 posts in each pot could support stalks and branches. I/m just throwing it out there.
You get one free cut after that they charge $5 a cut.
I have some wooden sticks that might work, if I have enough of them.
Might end up using yo-yo's

Week #1 in Flower
Everything doing great with no real problems.
There was one bump in the road tho.
last week there was cloudy water in the tank.
Not sure why. Flash light would only go a few inches into the soup.
I checked the filter and it was clean.
I waited and checked the feed level and they were drinking.
Patience I said lol.
I checked yesterday and the tank water was clear again.
Still clear today, maybe it was the HyClean I put in, when I remembered I forgot to add it, idk.
Anyway I am going to change the feed today and up the bloom from 5 to 10 ml per gal.
and Cutting the FP from 5 to 2.5
Lighting is at 100% I edged it up over the last 2 weeks but also adjusted the hieght.
This part confuses me.
In my mind 12" is fine for veg but not for flo
I raised the light to 24" above for max light coverage.
The LUX is about 40k give or take 1k depending on the plants hieght.
Not as much lux as I want tho so they will grow into the light and get more of it.
I've had this light for about 4-6 grows, hope it will last a few more before I have to spring for a new one.
I will be firing up the side lights ( 140w ea. ) This should help.

The light chart I have says 16" @ 25-50% seedling to veg then Flo stage 12" @ 100%.
This makes no sense to me. 12" would be fine if I only had one plant.
To get coverage for 4 plants I think it should be reversed 12" for seed - veg then 16-24 for Flo stage.

I go down to check the tank and the feed in the valve sys once a day.
I take a close look at them to make sure they are fem and check leaves for problems.
My main 16" fan timer turns off at 9pm but won't turn it on, I have to do it manually at check time.
The Air for the bubbler is set at max lvl and only on 8am to 8pm.
Next wk I should see flowers and my excitment lvl goes up lol.
IMG_5055.JPGIMG_5056.JPGIMG_5057.JPGIMG_5058.JPG
This looks like a early stage mag deficiency to me. Only QC W so far.
IMG_5059.JPGMars-Hydro-LED-Grow_Light-_FC-FC_E-Recommand_Growing_Data_1.jpgDeficiencyChart.JPG

I'm with you on light height.(y)
Got to have coverage.
Highest demand for MG is when flipping to flower and first couple weeks of flower as I understand.
Looking good~!(y)

Week #1 in Flower
Everything doing great with no real problems.
There was one bump in the road tho.
last week there was cloudy water in the tank.
Not sure why. Flash light would only go a few inches into the soup.
I checked the filter and it was clean.
I waited and checked the feed level and they were drinking.
Patience I said lol.
I checked yesterday and the tank water was clear again.
Still clear today, maybe it was the HyClean I put in, when I remembered I forgot to add it, idk.
Anyway I am going to change the feed today and up the bloom from 5 to 10 ml per gal.
and Cutting the FP from 5 to 2.5
Lighting is at 100% I edged it up over the last 2 weeks but also adjusted the hieght.
This part confuses me.
In my mind 12" is fine for veg but not for flo
I raised the light to 24" above for max light coverage.
The LUX is about 40k give or take 1k depending on the plants hieght.
Not as much lux as I want tho so they will grow into the light and get more of it.
I've had this light for about 4-6 grows, hope it will last a few more before I have to spring for a new one.
I will be firing up the side lights ( 140w ea. ) This should help.

The light chart I have says 16" @ 25-50% seedling to veg then Flo stage 12" @ 100%.
This makes no sense to me. 12" would be fine if I only had one plant.
To get coverage for 4 plants I think it should be reversed 12" for seed - veg then 16-24 for Flo stage.

I go down to check the tank and the feed in the valve sys once a day.
I take a close look at them to make sure they are fem and check leaves for problems.
My main 16" fan timer turns off at 9pm but won't turn it on, I have to do it manually at check time.
The Air for the bubbler is set at max lvl and only on 8am to 8pm.
Next wk I should see flowers and my excitment lvl goes up lol.
View attachment 34435View attachment 34436View attachment 34437View attachment 34438
This looks like a early stage mag deficiency to me. Only QC W so far.
View attachment 34439View attachment 34440View attachment 34441
Kwul,
I would try to follow the light manufactures recommendations as close as possible. I use a quantum meter and the PPFD can drop pretty fast when you have the light further away from the plant.

Kwul,
I would try to follow the light manufactures recommendations as close as possible. I use a quantum meter and the PPFD can drop pretty fast when you have the light further away from the plant.
I understand with one plant but 4 plants have a wider footprint and the light on the edges fall off dramatically.
Putting the light higher will give the plants more of the higher light.
I have no tech knowledge so hard to explain my point.
At 12 inches the outside of the plants would suffer with a lower outside light distribution, imo.
I have to go with lux readings and they read better at 18" for the full breath of the plant.
idk but will check when I go down to feed in a min.
Mars-Hydro-FC-4800-LED-Grow-Light-evenly-distribute-photons.jpg

Kwul,
Well, I did a quick test and lowered the light to 12" and checked the parimeter lux along with the center.
I think the manufacturures recomendations are pretty much right on.
Thanx for making me think about it and do the checking.
About a 10 lux diference from inside to outside, which don't amount to much.
I leveled the plants best I could cause the LSD is shooting up faster.
Checking lvl's the light is too high in the 70's so turned it down a bit to 65k.
Some where I seen that 65k is the highest it should be.
Looking good now :)

Turned on the side lights :cool: a lil sooner than I was going to.
Got a solid 65k going and hope it's not to much for them.
Will have to check often to make sure.
These pic's were before I got it dialed in just to see what the dif was in lux.

Fed them with a new mix of 5/2.5/10/2.5 (Pro-Tekt/Foliage pro/Bloom/Mag Pro)
Next week MP doubles.
900 PPM PH 5.8 (PH was too high @ 7.5, so had to use PH down)
That's a high PPM but that's what chart calls for and we'll see.
IMG_5062.JPGIMG_5063.JPG
Week early but wth.
IMG_5065.JPGIMG_5066.JPGIMG_5067.JPG

Turned on the side lights :cool: a lil sooner than I was going to.
Got a solid 65k going and hope it's not to much for them.
Will have to check often to make sure.
These pic's were before I got it dialed in just to see what the dif was in lux.

Fed them with a new mix of 5/2.5/10/2.5 (Pro-Tekt/Foliage pro/Bloom/Mag Pro)
Next week MP doubles.
900 PPM PH 5.8 (PH was too high @ 7.5, so had to use PH down)
That's a high PPM but that's what chart calls for and we'll see.
View attachment 34485View attachment 34488
Week early but wth.
View attachment 34491View attachment 34492View attachment 34493
Looks great, nice light array! don't hit the bloom to hard too early it can stunt it and cause lock outs. I go to this chart again that shows when I need to up my nutes. I gave 7 ml/gal at week 2 I'll give it 10 starting week 3 then Kool Bloom week 41702933773470.png

Looks great, nice light array! don't hit the bloom to hard too early it can stunt it and cause lock outs. I go to this chart again that shows when I need to up my nutes. I gave 7 ml/gal at week 2 I'll give it 10 starting week 3 then Kool Bloom week 4View attachment 34503
Ya darn I better throw in a gal of non bloom nutes to reduce the bloom that I put in thx

Ya darn I better throw in a gal of non bloom nutes to reduce the bloom that I put in thx
Put 2 gals of PT, FP n MP mix now have a 800 PPM with reduced Bloom in there.
They were drinking good at about an inch a day. Hopefully that will continue.

Curious how you do with the side lighting. I've done tests with it before and never really saw much of a difference.

I would position the side lights a little lower and a little closer to get more penetration into the lower half of your plant which is the whole purpose to side lighting. The pictures may be distorting how much sidelight you're getting but that's what it looks like from the pic.

Back
Top Bottom