Kuwl's Deja Vue All Over Again

I'm the same way, I keep it all cause I might need it one day and I usually do.

Great idea with the air domes! I need 4 more for my other set up.
I'll have to look around for the right plastic, maybe bottoms of 1 littre coke bottles.
Or I'll pic up something from the $ store.
Dollar store for a lot of cheap disposable grow stuff & epsom salts peroxide, alcohol wipes. It ain't all a dollar any more though

Dollar store for a lot of cheap disposable grow stuff & epsom salts peroxide, alcohol wipes. It ain't all a dollar any more though
Yup my wife works there now, and they just got through transitioning to the higher prices

I am truely puzzled

Lights go out at 2am on again at 8am
I've checked and re-checked for light leaks
But at the times the lights are off no one in the house is up.
And no one goes into the cellar.
So no lights are turned on.
I turned off the green light in the room and turned off the light
closest to the door of the room, just incase.
I went down and took a close look at my plants to look at the leaves.
Never know what's going on but the leaves will tell you.
They seem to be a shade greener so I was happy with that.
Pots are still a bit heavy so I'm waiting a bit longer to water/feed if necessary.

Right in front of my eyes, which I did not notice the whole time.
This > Tri-leaves and mal-formed growth.
IMG_5017.JPG
Twisted Sister (LSD)
IMG_5019.JPG
All are Tri (QB on the right has some leaves that look munched on but I found no pests)
IMG_5018.JPG
I feel like a dark cloud over me, nothing goes right, no matter what I do.
Poltergeist? Cause I lot of unexplained things happen in this house.
I guess they will grow out of this and everything will be alright.
But wholly crap can something just go right with out any problems for once!!

I am truely puzzled

Lights go out at 2am on again at 8am
I've checked and re-checked for light leaks
But at the times the lights are off no one in the house is up.
And no one goes into the cellar.
So no lights are turned on.
I turned off the green light in the room and turned off the light
closest to the door of the room, just incase.
I went down and took a close look at my plants to look at the leaves.
Never know what's going on but the leaves will tell you.
They seem to be a shade greener so I was happy with that.
Pots are still a bit heavy so I'm waiting a bit longer to water/feed if necessary.

Right in front of my eyes, which I did not notice the whole time.
This > Tri-leaves and mal-formed growth.
View attachment 30861
Twisted Sister (LSD)
View attachment 30862
All are Tri (QB on the right has some leaves that look munched on but I found no pests)
View attachment 30863
I feel like a dark cloud over me, nothing goes right, no matter what I do.
Poltergeist? Cause I lot of unexplained things happen in this house.
I guess they will grow out of this and everything will be alright.
But wholly crap can something just go right with out any problems for once!!
Hey they look great, a bit of deformity won't hurt, it may turn out to be a beauty with extra branches. As long as the leaves look healthy and they do alls good. I keep getting emails on seed deals from QCseeds, & Bomb seeds but I'm good for now.I've enough for a few more grows with different strains but the pics get me drooling for more.

I'm spending a grand on a lathe and tools Thursday I don't think seeds for me are a priority at the moment.have you ever worked with wood lathe's? I need some hands on advice on tools for the lathe.

Hey they look great, a bit of deformity won't hurt, it may turn out to be a beauty with extra branches. As long as the leaves look healthy and they do alls good. I keep getting emails on seed deals from QCseeds, & Bomb seeds but I'm good for now.I've enough for a few more grows with different strains but the pics get me drooling for more.

I'm spending a grand on a lathe and tools Thursday I don't think seeds for me are a priority at the moment.have you ever worked with wood lathe's? I need some hands on advice on tools for the lathe.
I never owned a lathe, had a lot of tools working with wood for wishing wells and benches, Planner, chop saw. band saw, drill press etc but no lathe lol.

Just a lil fustrating to see those tri-leaves.

Yes I got one yesterday and I'm tempted to snatch up those 5 for $26 deals on Q Blue and Q Black Bud
and yep I'm gonna get them 2 strains.
My next grow will be 8 plants, 4/4 so maybe 4 Q B's and 4 of another.
It's a good deal for me and I can't resist lol.

I never owned a lathe, had a lot of tools working with wood for wishing wells and benches, Planner, chop saw. band saw, drill press etc but no lathe lol.

Just a lil fustrating to see those tri-leaves.

Yes I got one yesterday and I'm tempted to snatch up those 5 for $26 deals on Q Blue and Q Black Bud
and yep I'm gonna get them 2 strains.
My next grow will be 8 plants, 4/4 so maybe 4 Q B's and 4 of another.
It's a good deal for me and I can't resist lol.
If I wasn't spending a whack of cash on this lathe I'd be tempted to but 1 pack of all there Black Friday stuff. $5 per seed Cdn sounds pretty good.....whats that $3 usa?

If I wasn't spending a whack of cash on this lathe I'd be tempted to but 1 pack of all there Black Friday stuff. $5 per seed Cdn sounds pretty good.....whats that $3 usa?
I wish. They charging me the same as you, five dollars is five dollars.

I had to do it can’t resist brought blue white gold and black and wanted to by an Hawaiian but $50 not on sale

Last edited:
Tri-leaves update:
After thinking about this all day and checking everything
I finally narrowed it down to the digital timer.
Pulled it off after installing another that I thorougley checked out and set up.
Checking the one I had on there, found the settings were wrong.
It has 20 settings but I use only the one for all week.
Some how the 2nd setting was activated partially to start at 12.
I think that glitch caused it to blink at least one time.
I hope that was it cause if not I will go back to mechanical timers lol.
I do like the digital ones better tho and I've made mistakes on the mech ones too.
Once, it was one pin that didn't close, so the lights blinked once every night.
All's well that ends well :D

Tri-leaves update:
After thinking about this all day and checking everything
I finally narrowed it down to the digital timer.
Pulled it off after installing another that I thorougley checked out and set up.
Checking the one I had on there, found the settings were wrong.
It has 20 settings but I use only the one for all week.
Some how the 2nd setting was activated partially to start at 12.
I think that glitch caused it to blink at least one time.
I hope that was it cause if not I will go back to mechanical timers lol.
I do like the digital ones better tho and I've made mistakes on the mech ones too.
Once, it was one pin that didn't close, so the lights blinked once every night.
All's well that ends well :D
I hear you on the timers, it would suck to have the lights come on for a 15/30 min segment unknowingly until the hermies start popping up and go awe now what? months of growing thrown off by a sticky timer would piss me off.

They have battery back up right?
I ran a whole fish room with digital timers for every light and they just did not work out for me.
I don't know how since the battery should avoid this, but it seemed there could be power surges or lags that did not cause complete interruption, like power failure but would still cause the digital timer to reset.
Un noticed by me unless in there at the right time.
I run with 2 old school mechanicals in my room.

They have battery back up right?
I ran a whole fish room with digital timers for every light and they just did not work out for me.
I don't know how since the battery should avoid this, but it seemed there could be power surges or lags that did not cause complete interruption, like power failure but would still cause the digital timer to reset.
Un noticed by me unless in there at the right time.
I run with 2 old school mechanicals in my room.
No battery back up here but we never get outages since they replaced the cans on the telephone poles.

I'll give em one more chance, since it was human error, my fault totally.
I think they'll be ok now.

smart timers are nice in our day and age... i have frequent outages and they made life easier. everything sets on your phone and the clock works from your router. it's nice to sit in a chair and set up a timer versus up on a ladder with the holiday lights!! :D

smart timers are nice in our day and age... i have frequent outages and they made life easier. everything sets on your phone and the clock works from your router. it's nice to sit in a chair and set up a timer versus up on a ladder with the holiday lights!! :D
That would require getting a cell phone, I don't trust them new fancy things. one small button pushed wrong from a remote location thinking you've done it right doesn't sit well with me. I like hands on and I trust my hands, not some tiny phone key with tiny print that I may hit a 9 not a zero could be a problem....kids today...lol

Gettin Old
My hands stopped working so good this year, it's genetic.
They call it trigger finger lol.
Locks up when I bend it and won't unlock until I put some effort into it.
Damm.
So I went nuts and brought the wife and I an electric bike.
Unless the weather clears it will sit till spring tho hahaha.
Hey you only live once.
IMG_5026.JPG
Plants are going nuts as I turned the MarsHydro FC4800 to 50% last wk.
Also moved it up to 18"
Feeding them at 50% but tomorrows feed will be 100% 5/5/2.5
Only using 3 products for this feed.
Dyna Gro, Pro-Tekt, Foilage Pro and Mag Pro.
They are at 5 wks by Wed.
Time to move them to the final pots.
But forgot to PH my clay balls, then noticed there's not enough.
Ordered more but won't get here till Tues.
Then I got fustrated at the whole clay ball thing and ordered the inserts
so I don't have to use the clay no more.
Maybe I'll put some under the Auto Pot Air Base Squares.
idk I could use them to break up the soil density too.
Should be here tomorrow if early enough I can do the transfere then.
Wonder if those small whitesh cutting boards could be sized to fit if they cheap enough.
@ $2.77 ea. That would be a bargain with a lil cutting and drilling.
Might try it if they look right to me, as I need 4 more for the next grow.
IMG_5027.JPG

Setting up the Auto Pot System lil bit by lil bit.
Thinking about adding my 2 Ts 1000 140w lights in there too.
That should make the electric meter spin.

Almost 5 wks and this is where I'm at.
IMG_5023.JPGIMG_5025.JPGIMG_5024.JPG

Gettin Old
Damm.
Hey you only live once.
View attachment 32495
Also moved it up to 18"
Wonder if those small whitesh cutting boards could be sized to fit if they cheap enough.
View attachment 32496

View attachment 32492View attachment 32493View attachment 32494
Healthy looking plants which one did you want to cull as a seedling because it looked weird.

Healthy looking plants which one did you want to cull as a seedling because it looked weird.
1st pic, plant on the front right, the QC Blue.
The LSD in the back left side is still wierd.
I believe it was some light leaks that caused the problem.

1st pic, plant on the front right, the QC Blue.
The LSD in the back left side is still wierd.
I believe it was some light leaks that caused the problem.
looks good, I was looking at the bases as well. Im almost out of the large $50 bag of clay balls I bought and its about the same price for 6 bases. With your idea of $ store cutting board and a few holes I think that's a win. I can get 6 for under $20 tax in, a little modification and we can have dome bases..

Gettin Old
Damm.
Hey you only live once.
View attachment 32495
Also moved it up to 18"
View attachment 32496

View attachment 32492View attachment 32493View attachment 32494
Plants look good Kuwl. Only thing I might consider would be to move the humidifier further away from the plants.

Mr @Kuwl The operation can usually be performed under a local anaesthetic and usually takes about 20 minutes. Your surgeon will make a small cut on the palm of your hand at the base of your finger. They will cut open the roof of the fibrous tunnel that is causing the trigger finger. This reminds me of the story my dad told about going to the doctor and being diagnosed with "summer complaint." He had kidney stones! Whoops. Medical treatment really is a let the buyer beware experience. If you google trigger finger release surgery in your area there should be doctors who do the procedure. The Dr's waiting room was packed with people, so it is like the restaurant that is hard to get into -- must be good. No reason to be incapacitated with this when a simple operation can fix it.

A surgical trigger finger release can be considered in cases of persistent symptoms or severe locking. Trigger finger release is the second most performed procedure of the hand in the United States, 8 and previous studies considered it a low-risk procedure, with a success rate of up to 99 percent. Ultrasound-guided percutaneous trigger finger release is another way to go about the same thing.

Mr @Kuwl The operation can usually be performed under a local anaesthetic and usually takes about 20 minutes. Your surgeon will make a small cut on the palm of your hand at the base of your finger. They will cut open the roof of the fibrous tunnel that is causing the trigger finger. This reminds me of the story my dad told about going to the doctor and being diagnosed with "summer complaint." He had kidney stones! Whoops. Medical treatment really is a let the buyer beware experience. If you google trigger finger release surgery in your area there should be doctors who do the procedure. The Dr's waiting room was packed with people, so it is like the restaurant that is hard to get into -- must be good. No reason to be incapacitated with this when a simple operation can fix it.

A surgical trigger finger release can be considered in cases of persistent symptoms or severe locking. Trigger finger release is the second most performed procedure of the hand in the United States, 8 and previous studies considered it a low-risk procedure, with a success rate of up to 99 percent. Ultrasound-guided percutaneous trigger finger release is another way to go about the same thing.
Pretty good info there. Thanks.

Plants look good Kuwl. Only thing I might consider would be to move the humidifier further away from the plants.
Why do you say that? after looking where Kuwl has his I think mine is even closer than his, I have a fan over it along side my heater but inside my 5x5 there's not much room to give it more space.

I put it there for ease of filling.
Had it in the corner but kept hitting my head on the light lol.
Besides I have a oc fan blowing back and forth, the steam disipates before it goes an inch.
Might move it for convinience later when the AP is all set up and I can see the layout better.

Why do you say that? after looking where Kuwl has his I think mine is even closer than his, I have a fan over it along side my heater but inside my 5x5 there's not much room to give it more space.
Ya my cave/room is 6.5 feet wide and the light is in the only place it can be and I don't want it by the heater or my work table by the door.
Might move it to the opposite side or the far corner but it won't be any further away from the plants by much.
They are doing spectacular, better than any veg I've done in the past. Super big fan leaves already.
Nice roots too!! 5 weeks old today :)
I just got done transfering them to AP pots with good dirt mix, thx Pipe.
Taking a break now, then I'll plug in the system and turn it on with plain PH 5.8 water.
Next week they flip

Attachments

• IMG_5028.JPG
    IMG_5028.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Ya my cave/room is 6.5 feet wide and the light is in the only place it can be and I don't want it by the heater or my work table by the door.
Might move it to the opposite side or the far corner but it won't be any further away from the plants by much.
They are doing spectacular, better than any veg I've done in the past. Super big fan leaves already.
Nice roots too!! 5 weeks old today :)
I just got done transfering them to AP pots with good dirt mix, thx Pipe.
Taking a break now, then I'll plug in the system and turn it on with plain PH 5.8 water.
Next week they flip
I'm not ph ing my water any longer. A guy on the farm Gnick that made hash was a good grower and said he never uses up or down in promix because it has buffers to keep it stable. my water is about 7.2ph and after nutes its close to 6.5 anyways so I'm not adding anything.

He also said once we start using up and / or down we'll continue to need using it because it will have killed the buffers in the promix. I know they recommend 5.8 - 6.0 in auto pots but that's more for coco I believe.

In straight promix grows I always aimed for 6.5 and I used up or down to get close before I fed.I haven't added anything to this grow or my last other than nutes and at 2 months and 1 week into flower everything is looking good and I've no idea what ph anything is.....its like a feeling of relief...lol

I'm not ph ing my water any longer. A guy on the farm Gnick that made hash was a good grower and said he never uses up or down in promix because it has buffers to keep it stable. my water is about 7.2ph and after nutes its close to 6.5 anyways so I'm not adding anything.

He also said once we start using up and / or down we'll continue to need using it because it will have killed the buffers in the promix. I know they recommend 5.8 - 6.0 in auto pots but that's more for coco I believe.

In straight promix grows I always aimed for 6.5 and I used up or down to get close before I fed.I haven't added anything to this grow or my last other than nutes and at 2 months and 1 week into flower everything is looking good and I've no idea what ph anything is.....its like a feeling of relief...
Thanks I started to feed but two of the valves were stuck so I had to turn it off. I’ll fix them later.
My water is about 7.5 before anything is added and usually about 6.8 after I put my stuff in

Back
Top Bottom