Kuwl's Deja Vue All Over Again

Nice grow man~!
I am running into issues with a couple plants at week 3-5 flower so far.
Here's to running enough that we don't have to be perfect.
This looked like one of your better grows and the lockout didn't show the same in pics to me as it did for you.
I probably take the same hit with finish weight. I averaged 2-3 ounces per plant last grow.
I'm in on your next grow already man~!
Enjoy your harvest~! (y)

Nice grow man~!
I am running into issues with a couple plants at week 3-5 flower so far.
Here's to running enough that we don't have to be perfect.
This looked like one of your better grows and the lockout didn't show the same in pics to me as it did for you.
I probably take the same hit with finish weight. I averaged 2-3 ounces per plant last grow.
I'm in on your next grow already man~!
Enjoy your harvest~! (y)
Thank You, I get a lil nutty when things start going sideways but the problem with the leaves
yellowing did not effect the buds as much. 1.7 ounces average for me is light, so I blame it on the lockout.
Other than that the buds on the stems were overall bigger than I usually get.
I think that those side lights might have had an effect on the lower buds.
Still deciding on my next grow, not sure when tho.

I was looking at my old forum post about soil an stuff and found this:

A PipeCarver quote from Feb 1st 2023
"Thanks I needed that....lol....something I read in there talked about peat based soils and how they compact to almost solid without enough perlite....Bingo moment ."

"That may be part of my yellowing leaves issue in larger pots particularly. I've let then get bone dry and I guess not only am I depriving them of water I'm squeezing the roots to death....More Perlite...lol.....Fabric pots, I didn't have that as often with my plastic pots. When the fabric pots dry out they really do damage to the leaves,,,in more ways than 1"

I wonder if that is what happened to me on this grow.
I know I didn't put in enough perlite for sure..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder, cause that seems like what happened to me and why the leaves turned yellow
and the plants did not take in nutes as well and that caused the slow growth.
I used a stick to measure what the plants were drinking and it was not much.
When looking back I see my plants should have drank a gal to 3 gal a day.
An inch or two in the stick is maybe a quart or liter a day.
I didn't use coco coir in the mix or enough perlite either.
I do believe that compacted soil from Pro Mix might have been the problem.
Last grow I used Pro Mix but used a lot of coco coir in the mix along with perlite.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<Bingo Moment>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was looking at my old forum post about soil an stuff and found this:

A PipeCarver quote from Feb 1st 2023
"Thanks I needed that....lol....something I read in there talked about peat based soils and how they compact to almost solid without enough perlite....Bingo moment ."

"That may be part of my yellowing leaves issue in larger pots particularly. I've let then get bone dry and I guess not only am I depriving them of water I'm squeezing the roots to death....More Perlite...lol.....Fabric pots, I didn't have that as often with my plastic pots. When the fabric pots dry out they really do damage to the leaves,,,in more ways than 1"

I wonder if that is what happened to me on this grow.
I know I didn't put in enough perlite for sure..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder, cause that seems like what happened to me and why the leaves turned yellow
and the plants did not take in nutes as well and that caused the slow growth.
I used a stick to measure what the plants were drinking and it was not much.
When looking back I see my plants should have drank a gal to 3 gal a day.
An inch or two in the stick is maybe a quart or liter a day.
I didn't use coco coir in the mix or enough perlite either.
I do believe that compacted soil from Pro Mix might have been the problem.
Last grow I used Pro Mix but used a lot of coco coir in the mix along with perlite.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<Bingo Moment>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hey, when I make my mix up of soil if I dump say 5 scoops ( 3/4gal pots) of soil into my mixing tub I add 5 scoops of perlite. then the other shit, mix it all together then water before I transplant. The trick is transplanting out of my 3/4 gal pots into the auto pots.....the soil is so lose transplanting is awkward. The soil mass falls apart easily and I would want to try it with auto's and slow them down from shock.

I saw your root pics wrapping the air dome, I think you have an issue there, maybe try air stones instead of those air lines. I've seen YT vids of guys puncturing those lines to make more holes and larger ones. I get massive root development around my air stone and they fill the domes and wrap the lower clay balls tight making white spaghetti noodles fill the bottom of my pots. I also noticed with my home made domes that the larger domes did better than the small ones and those with less clay balls did better than those with too many balls on the bottom...2" rather than 3" seemed better..

I made some domes out of 4" net pots and they were the best, I cut the lip off them to shorten them and stacked the clay balls on top in a pyramid shape. I had a solid 6" of root mass wrapping the bottom.....I was very happy with their look and it locks me solid into air domes for life.

Don't tell me its so, your not going to start another crop? Feb,March,April, May, June.....plenty of time before the heat of summer starts...I want another started soon as I flip my girls currently growing into flower......I want to be vegging only through July ,August

Hey, when I make my mix up of soil if I dump say 5 scoops ( 3/4gal pots) of soil into my mixing tub I add 5 scoops of perlite. then the other shit, mix it all together then water before I transplant. The trick is transplanting out of my 3/4 gal pots into the auto pots.....the soil is so lose transplanting is awkward. The soil mass falls apart easily and I would want to try it with auto's and slow them down from shock.

I saw your root pics wrapping the air dome, I think you have an issue there, maybe try air stones instead of those air lines. I've seen YT vids of guys puncturing those lines to make more holes and larger ones. I get massive root development around my air stone and they fill the domes and wrap the lower clay balls tight making white spaghetti noodles fill the bottom of my pots. I also noticed with my home made domes that the larger domes did better than the small ones and those with less clay balls did better than those with too many balls on the bottom...2" rather than 3" seemed better..

I made some domes out of 4" net pots and they were the best, I cut the lip off them to shorten them and stacked the clay balls on top in a pyramid shape. I had a solid 6" of root mass wrapping the bottom.....I was very happy with their look and it locks me solid into air domes for life.

Don't tell me its so, your not going to start another crop? Feb,March,April, May, June.....plenty of time before the heat of summer starts...I want another started soon as I flip my girls currently growing into flower......I want to be vegging only through July ,August
Its edging me on and I'm getting very antsy to start one massive 10 pot grow with 8 AP's and 2 cloth pots.
I'm deciding on what seed strains to use.
10 pot grow with 4 different Strains

4 x 3.9 Auto Pots = 1 Strain (?)
4 x 2.2 Auto Pots = 1 Strain ( ? )
2 x 3 gal. cloth pots =2 dif Strains ( ? ) +( ? )

Seeds I have to work with:
I know you hate unfemed lol so do I but one day I got to do these.
Strawberry Banana - UNfem = Did one and it was an exceptionaly big plant n smoked great!
Bruce Banner - UNfem = I have not grown this before but willing to try

All these are Fem seeds
Fat Bastard (Never tried this one)
Fruity OG Kush
Cinderella 99 or C99 (Never tried this one)
QC LSD
Goast Train Haze
QC White
Gold Sativa (Never tried this one)
QC Black (Never tried this one)
Blue Dream (Never tried this one)

Still researching them but I think Blue Dream and Fat Bastard are going into the cloth pots.
I'm looking for high thc for the last 2 seeds that will go into the AP's

Cant wait to much longer gotta get going if I am going to do it.

Its edging me on and I'm getting very antsy to start one massive 10 pot grow with 8 AP's and 2 cloth pots.

Strawberry Banana - UNfem = Did one and it was an exceptionaly big plant n smoked great!

All these are Fem seeds
Fruity OG Kush
QC LSD
Goast Train Haze
QC White

Still researching them but I think Blue Dream and Fat Bastard are going into the cloth pots.

I grew the Fat Bastard autos they gave me a good harvest and had no problems.

All these are Fem seeds
Fruity OG Kush
QC LSD
Goast Train Haze
QC White

Sound like a nice line up but males just ruin the party and I've raised some monster plants that ended up male. After raising and taking up space adding to my work load and then fking balls.....nope don't like it at all...a bit of a homophob I guess...lol......

That's a big workload too, so many plants to deal with I get overwhelmed with too many and shit happens cause I'm too lazy to deal do all the work they individually need..
I like my 6 in the 5x5. I have to set them up today, I transplanted a few days ago into the 3.9 gal pots but I don't have them in the tray's yet...today...I say...if I don't get lazy and smoke the day away....

Everything is clean and ready to go, the pot socks are hard to clean up though, salts build up bad on them I guess it wicks it out of the tray and evaporates rock solid build up all over the top drawstring and fabric. scrubbing and 3 days in vinegar water did the trick.

Just started from seed Froot by the Foot autos looks like i have a twin. Gonna leave it do its thing .View attachment 45707
I think they'll end up being 2 halves of a whole, I don't think there'll be much more of a harvest than with 1 plant but should grow fine. I've never had a twin but I've grown them with 2 in a pot a few times in the past.

Sound like a nice line up but males just ruin the party and I've raised some monster plants that ended up male. After raising and taking up space adding to my work load and then fking balls.....nope don't like it at all...a bit of a homophob I guess...lol......

That's a big workload too, so many plants to deal with I get overwhelmed with too many and shit happens cause I'm too lazy to deal do all the work they individually need..
I like my 6 in the 5x5. I have to set them up today, I transplanted a few days ago into the 3.9 gal pots but I don't have them in the tray's yet...today...I say...if I don't get lazy and smoke the day away....

Everything is clean and ready to go, the pot socks are hard to clean up though, salts build up bad on them I guess it wicks it out of the tray and evaporates rock solid build up all over the top drawstring and fabric. scrubbing and 3 days in vinegar water did the trick.
Yep was thinking about just that---workload lol
I'll save the non-fem'ed for another grow.
I got 2 sets of 4 AP's and would mean filling 2 res tanks but 4 pots would be the same strain as would the other 4.
Might be less work than having a bunch of dif strains in on one rez tank like I just did.
The cloth pots would be the work and not sure they would fit in.'
With only the FC4800 and 2 TS1000's to light up the room.
They would all have to be on the one end of that side of the room cause of the fixed light location.
I can move around the TS1000's tho. Maybe 8 is enouugh? lol

Yep was thinking about just that---workload lol
I got 2 sets of 4 AP's and would mean filling 2 res tanks but 4 pots would be the same strain as would the other 4.
Might be less work than having a bunch of dif strains in on one rez tank like I just did.
The cloth pots would be the work and not sure they would fit in.'
With only the FC4800 and 2 TS1000's to light up the room.
They would all have to be on the one end of that side of the room cause of the fixed light location.
I can move around the TS1000's tho. Maybe 8 is enouugh? lol
I got my trays and water lines in today...2.5hrs of steady work...that's a lot for an old guy...sweating and everything, taking a break before I hook up airlines,,,don't want to over do it you know.

I thought I fked up with drying my last crop. 35-40% humidity and because I added 1 plant a day to my dry box I didn't want my humidifier adding moisture to a fresh cut plant. So everything dried crispy.

I have a habit of using my thumb and fore finger to strip a branch of dried weed instead of cutting them off individually. When I did this it all turned to dust and after 2-3 branches I thou8ght this is wrong. so I cut them off or they snapped off and I loaded my grove bags with them with large size72-62% Boveda bags. 5 days later they are beautiful nice firm and sticky buds. a bit harsh yet but its nice except for the fkin seeds...can't have every thing I guess.

freezland is using Farmer Freeman to test for males.
He got 10 test that can be done at any time[ don't have to be altogether and they sex his plants.
He has even used it twice since starting the topic
About $10 per test I beleive.
I got some regular seeds I really want to grow without the usual issues and think this is the direction I am going when I do.

freezland is using Farmer Freeman to test for males.
He got 10 test that can be done at any time[ don't have to be altogether and they sex his plants.
He has even used it twice since starting the topic
About $10 per test I beleive.
I got some regular seeds I really want to grow without the usual issues and think this is the direction I am going when I do.
To expensive for me I'm strapped for cash for a long time lol
Dam those credit cards all to hell! :ROFLMAO:

I got my trays and water lines in today...2.5hrs of steady work...that's a lot for an old guy...sweating and everything, taking a break before I hook up airlines,,,don't want to over do it you know.

I thought I fked up with drying my last crop. 35-40% humidity and because I added 1 plant a day to my dry box I didn't want my humidifier adding moisture to a fresh cut plant. So everything dried crispy.

I have a habit of using my thumb and fore finger to strip a branch of dried weed instead of cutting them off individually. When I did this it all turned to dust and after 2-3 branches I thou8ght this is wrong. so I cut them off or they snapped off and I loaded my grove bags with them with large size72-62% Boveda bags. 5 days later they are beautiful nice firm and sticky buds. a bit harsh yet but its nice except for the fkin seeds...can't have every thing I guess.
Ya tried them once my daughter got a free sample and gave em to me.
Worked good but I don't have $ to buy any more.
I tried for the first time to dry proper in the cave room and worked out!
Was 60/60 then had to put in another steamer just to get it to 50% hummi.
Temp stayed pretty much at 60-65.
I took em out at 8-9 days in there and they were perfect for the grove bags.
Loved the Blue was a really good smoke very mello with a nice high.
Smokin LSD tonight, the White was good also haha If it gets me high it's all good.
When I over dried my buds I put an orange peal about the size of a quarter in the grove bag
It will moistin the bud enough to make it fresh again then I take it out and let the grove bag do it's thing.

Hey, its throw back Tuesday 😎
This pic I dredged up from early 2020 do't know what plants they are but they sure look nice.
Might be in my 5x5 tent I used up stairs in the spare room, but not sure.
These are in 5 gal. cloth pots and $ store buckets, so before the Auto Pot grows.
I think this is my 5th year growing this stuff and I'm lovin' it
Image1.jpg

Realy liking the LSD smoke for not being cured it's very smooth and tasty.
Pic's of the room with 8 AP pots in there to see what the configuration would look like.
Looks good and I think it's a go.
Brought the wrong type feeder hose darn it.
It's the right size but not flexable so much.
So will have to heat it to get it to bend the way I want it.
Brought the Air Domes last year from AP site separately from the kit, I think 3.99 each.
I think I have everything I need except for another air pump.
Now to figure out what seeds to germ.
I'd like to start today but depends if I smoke one of not. 🙄🥴

Trying to take a decent pic of the buds.
I think they were LSD an WHITE
IMG_5272.JPGIMG_5274.JPG
This is what my room looks like with the pots in there
IMG_5276.JPGIMG_5278.JPG

Hey, its throw back Tuesday 😎
This pic I dredged up from early 2020 do't know what plants they are but they sure look nice.
Might be in my 5x5 tent I used up stairs in the spare room, but not sure.
These are in 5 gal. cloth pots and $ store buckets, so before the Auto Pot grows.
I think this is my 5th year growing this stuff and I'm lovin' it
View attachment 45785

Realy liking the LSD smoke for not being cured it's very smooth and tasty.
Pic's of the room with 8 AP pots in there to see what the configuration would look like.
Looks good and I think it's a go.
Brought the wrong type feeder hose darn it.
It's the right size but not flexable so much.
So will have to heat it to get it to bend the way I want it.
Brought the Air Domes last year from AP site separately from the kit, I think 3.99 each.
I think I have everything I need except for another air pump.
Now to figure out what seeds to germ.
I'd like to start today but depends if I smoke one of not. 🙄🥴

Trying to take a decent pic of the buds.
I think they were LSD an WHITE
View attachment 45780View attachment 45781
This is what my room looks like with the pots in there
View attachment 45782View attachment 45783
Your shit looks nice and sparkly, You did something right...eh
Your setup looks good, 8 sounds like a lot but they fit well in there don't they?

I just made a $180 order from Indoorfarmer $50 worth of spare parts and extra blue water line, 4 shut off valves 4. X's 4Y's 4 L's. 4 plugs 4 straight connectors 4 size 72 Boveda packs 62% - 1gal Diamond Nectar...,it adds up fast but after breaking 2-X's I was glad I had spare parts and now I'm out so I need extra's just in case I break more. I also want a shut off for each pot

Your shit looks nice and sparkly, You did something right...eh
Your setup looks good, 8 sounds like a lot but they fit well in there don't they?

I just made a $180 order from Indoorfarmer $50 worth of spare parts and extra blue water line, 4 shut off valves 4. X's 4Y's 4 L's. 4 plugs 4 straight connectors 4 size 72 Boveda packs 62% - 1gal Diamond Nectar...,it adds up fast but after breaking 2-X's I was glad I had spare parts and now I'm out so I need extra's just in case I break more. I also want a shut off for each pot
I hear ya,
I just ordered an Aqquaneat aquarium air pump, hohotime diamond painting storage containers, 30 slots ( for my seeds), 4 adj. light hangers, a pack of hooks for hanging, a swifter power mop (to appiese my wife for this order lol) and 4 blue lines from AP usa and Booge 40 pcs low stress training clips and dam I knew I should order more shut off valves but need to count what I have I might have enough, I hope lol.

I put the seeds in the dirt to germinate last night, 8 seeds!! LSD. QC Black, Gold Sativa, Ghost Train Haze, Blue Dream x 2, C99 and Fat Bastard.
I turned on the heater to get the whole room between 70-74 it's 74 degrees atm.

Back
Top Bottom