2 yrs not bad though..I’m battling to get to 6 months lol.they are sick of me bringing it back..I told them ..we’ll stop buying shit then and you won’t see me..

was the one from dollar general a steel one..
Haha for real man.

It had a metal cover on it but the rest is plastic. It does a full sweep across my 3x3 wall to wall. Gotta redo my setup and get the fans under the canopy. Didnt realize i was doing it wrong til aqua said it the other day.

Heres the fan 20230805_122407.jpg
I like it because the cord comes in at the bottom of the base and not at the head of the fan. Seems like a better design that way because the cord isnt being pulled on by the oscillation of the fan.

yeah I have 2 at the top but blowing across and one on the floor sweeping pointed up.you have to watch them as the will dry out and leaves go all crap if it’s too much air..last grow i didn’t have one on floor.it was drying out the top of my coco too much and blowing bits out onto the floor.drip system would b different..

yeah I have 2 at the top but blowing across and one on the floor sweeping pointed up.you have to watch them as the will dry out and leaves go all crap if it’s too much air..last grow i didn’t have one on floor.it was drying out the top of my coco too much and blowing bits out onto the floor.drip system would b different..
Ahhh i bet it would blast perlite right out of my pots, that fan has some power even on 1, i had it on 3 when i first hung it up, but branches were being blown like it was in a hurricane 🌀
So down to 1 it went and my plants have been happy.
The straw cough i have growing is becoming a PITA because the slightest breeze makes the leaves dry and leathery.

I had the same problem leaves drying out but going crunchy..I lifted the fans up more above the canopy and solved the problem.now I can get right through with nice leaves.was practically wind burning them.

I had the same problem leaves drying out but going crunchy..I lifted the fans up more above the canopy and solved the problem.now I can get right through with nice leaves.was practically wind burning them.
Yeah its only the straw cough and the mother plant did it too. It doesnt like any wind at all it seems.

That’s good to know @Rootsruler .. Was at the grow shop today and they had like a bbq gas cylinder type in there with a sprinkler on it for 155bucks.i reckon I was about a ft deep so if I bought something like that or the extinguisher you mentioned I’d have to put to the side..I think they are more suited instead of those balls..I know they work but my rooms too big for it to extinguish it completely if a fire got underway…I’m actually surprised the switch in meter box didn’t trip so it hadn’t short circuited yet.

the fan you have looks well built.that would b more than adequate to run in. 5x5.b even better if it had a pole attachment..I bought another today a 6‘hyaline I think (fan size) and he hasn’t had one returned ..we will see lol.has 12 months warranty.
I originally bought it to have an overhead oscillator but after discussions with @Aqua Man air sweeping from above is more suited to HPS style grows which I've had more experience with so through our talks it would seem that air circulation through the canopy is what is more important especially on the underside of the canopy where the leaves are doing transpiration. The air movement can clear away whatever gases and humidity the plant is expelling so I plan on moving the oscillator right below the canopy line blowing up slightly so that the air flow can keep the underside free and flowing but I want to try and point it in a way that it isn't blowing on the cloth pots so that they don't dry out prematurely or spot dry in the media.

Photo of Bandit420's setup with the extinguisher I was talking about. His was made from the company that way but they no longer make them in that size.
bandit420 extinguisher.JPG

Last edited:
I see now..that’s well thought out placement...grouping all the tools of the trade in one area .👍.

yeah .you need a gentle fan oscilating.my above the canopy fans still work well as my plants are pretty short plus every minute my extraction fan comes on a which has 2 passive 7” square shutters placed smack bang in the middle of room blowing fresh air up there skirts.

3 weeks gone..defoliated.really bushy plants these.specially the back 3.mainly because they are short,short node spacing etc.front 3 are different animals..way better spacing..pics of 2 rear ones before and after.0E3566A4-9DD6-4F19-8F02-4B2A010CF432.jpeg

7DDB0145-A188-4B29-B9C6-67F1CDAB6CF6.jpeg6993DBF4-9D1E-4C69-88B9-7F8E302C6E62.jpeg58F10367-6E48-439F-A49F-E93BF2FB674B.jpeg

one of the front girls.did not defol much off her.better spacing between the nodes.👍426741BF-C8FF-49C7-8B3A-CE5434900B6A.jpeg

25 days in..got a couple late ones that didn’t start budding till day 18,24.not biggie..the mango ,tennis ball funk aroma wont b far away now 🤣.front rights stacking nicely..pretty much in cruise control right now.maybe around week six I will pull the front middle out to pluck some leaves off to open them up more..other than that.just sit back and enjoy the scenery.
View attachment IMG_2679.MOV
03FC5B28-E9A2-4D27-9523-99E9E6526795.jpegD2121C31-3177-4600-AEB0-CC590F27C204.jpeg

Looks like I’m going to have to defoliate again earlier than expected..the leaves are just turning into big sun blockers to the lower budsites.im loving these girls,more so than the dude your droolin.just a completely different animal in growth and looks.had a finger rub on the one in pic and it’s the wierdest smell.it’s def not mango.I rubbed another which smells like tennis balls but not sure.I’ll have to buy a pk lol and have a whiff 😆.my sinus has been fucked for months .using the Sudafed spray helps for abit .It wakes me up most mornings all snuffed up..13 day old buds here.Huge buds coming .will have to trim these with the stihl I reckon 😆.I see some slight tacoeing on the serrations which I havnt noticed .it’s marvellous what a still pic can show you.2BA664F1-E8F9-4FE7-BE15-88C2F4B1DC19.jpeg

Defoliated..Wow.just Wow..back 2 are the bushiest plants I’ve had ever.and I’ve been growing since the dinosaurs were around.lol.so many small leaves coming of the bazillion bud sites through the guts of the plant.I will have to do these again further along.all the small leaves are blocking light.they are alternating like crazy.I defoliated a fair amount so I’m hoping it doesn’t slow them down too much..had to do it otherwise there’s going to b a lot of small stuff.

.27703179-BC7F-4698-AE6D-6D3965834E07.jpeg

Looks like I’m going to have to defoliate again earlier than expected..the leaves are just turning into big sun blockers to the lower budsites.im loving these girls,more so than the dude your droolin.just a completely different animal in growth and looks.had a finger rub on the one in pic and it’s the wierdest smell.it’s def not mango.I rubbed another which smells like tennis balls but not sure.I’ll have to buy a pk lol and have a whiff 😆.my sinus has been fucked for months .using the Sudafed spray helps for abit .It wakes me up most mornings all snuffed up..13 day old buds here.Huge buds coming .will have to trim these with the stihl I reckon 😆.I see some slight tacoeing on the serrations which I havnt noticed .it’s marvellous what a still pic can show you.View attachment 17677
I can just tell from these early nugs its gonna be an epic run bro. 10/10 keep up the good work. Makes me even more stoked to start flowering my Triangle Death Kush :D

Yeah..I just hope I can keep on top of the rh .defoliation help abit..when the wind stops here outside and the clouds come in the rh always goes up..not bad though ..up to 56% .I still got mold on 2 buds last grow and they were from the branch right in front of the dehumidifier..like it sucked the spores towards the unit.I believe it gets in when I open the door from outside.I’m running heapas and they stop 98% getting in up to a few months then there efficiency drops to thev80s..def not tennis balls smell ..I think Jeff meant by the looks of them as on one plant that’s what they resemble.got a horrible smell too but three have an irresistible sweet smell you want to keep smelling..I should go for a cruise to the supermarket and start sniffing everything to find out what it resembles.gonna get abit of attention from the shoppers….What’s that weirdo doing sniffing woman’s panty hoses 😂

there are definitely tennis ball phenos in the zamal dreams and many of the orange dreams off spring. You may also come across some deep earthy carrot anise laquer type smells in that one as well. cant wait to see these in their prime looking like another killer grow!

Gonna have to go into the sports section lol.

there are definitely tennis ball phenos in the zamal dreams and many of the orange dreams off spring. You may also come across some deep earthy carrot anise laquer type smells in that one as well. cant wait to see these in their prime looking like another killer grow!
I believe I have 2 of the earthy carrot anise smell.they are the strongest smelling of your strains I’ve grown so far.i think the anise is what’s making it smell so strong…at first I didn’t go on it but as they mature more the smell has changed..these 2 variants smell identical but different in bud shape and look.I gather they take on the Zamal and the orange dream side..both will nice cone heads and golf ball sized buds..checkout the leaves in last picC0B61BD6-223A-4469-9A4C-771FD10AE880.jpeg2173E1C2-0B46-44BB-BC32-E1B45B5C6574.jpeg

5 weeks in..starting the boost tonite.few of these girls are kinda wierd looking back left and back right.the latter reminds me of the sweet zombie with the wierd leaves like it’s going to reveg..some of these are going to have leafy buds..back left is def sativa looking ,leaning heavily to the Zamal side …I have a mate @Rootsruler coming over at harvest to trim them for me…hes a top bloke 👍😀0A49E2CD-9014-4448-B543-2F5D64FF05BC.jpeg8F7AC72B-5ED2-4400-A543-D95BB850BBFD.jpegFD8824BA-5ADA-43CD-A089-9CD8099F0FF1.jpeg

6 weeks in.top leaves looking a little wavy so I’ve lifted the light up .lights just about maxed out to the ceiling.half the plants not showing it but are abit droopy..otherwise things are pretty good with the plants showing a variety of phenotypes..the three at the front which I have taken pics of are the pick of the bunch .all three smell different to each other.I’ve taken clones off these and will reverse one to seed the others.the back left plant she’s in a world of her own expressing her sativa side and is very very leafy.buds though will grow fine…she’s just going to b late that’s all.b interesting how far I take these 12-13 weeks maybe.pics.033FE221-C1A7-438F-AAB1-D4CEF14E6536.jpeg90477F6E-E341-4EA9-8C13-72ED87CC12F3.jpeg9A311442-9F3C-470F-8084-76BBD6B9A0CD.jpeg7E5F5E20-5B81-4B47-BC1B-1F5612285526.jpeg0408B236-15D3-4403-9B65-0B0E226C6945.jpeg733FE614-7C4B-4BD1-A732-48B81525A53C.jpeg5269892F-2B4D-4822-95B6-E7CFEDCF9642.jpeg

gonna be some mighty fine and uniquely different smoke right there man! cant wait to see them at harvest!
some heavy yielding too bud.couple plants are very uniform in there bud structure ..super clean too .can clearly see Zamadelica and orange dream sides shining through.those front 2 plants are exactly the same in bud structure but aromas are completely different from ea other..terps are going to b so loud i might have to start looking for another place to live..the misses will kick me out..😃

I must be lucky. My bride loves the smell of these plants. She doesn't consume any though, except one time she ate some cookie dough she made for me and claims she wasn't thinking about it, but I know better. First bite woulda reminded her what was in those things and she kept eating samples 😆

I wonder if I should tell her Cannabis is an aphrodisiac? :unsure:

I’m going to back off the nutes abit.im running lower rh which I think is making them draw up more water and nutes.they are a little dark for my liking plus sativas don’t need as much .I think that’s the reason the the leaves are curling down abit.that’s what I’m thinking.getting a little too much N been drawn up...weathers been sorta cold and no rain in site which is keeping the rh down and plenty of wind..that will soon change in the blink of an eye..these plants are so unique in there smell it would b hard to choose which to run until I smoke them.the only time I get to smell them is before lights on and there is a very sweet arose in the air…

I’m going to back off the nutes abit.im running lower rh which I think is making them draw up more water and nutes.they are a little dark for my liking plus sativas don’t need as much .I think that’s the reason the the leaves are curling down abit.that’s what I’m thinking.getting a little too much N been drawn up...weathers been sorta cold and no rain in site which is keeping the rh down and plenty of wind..that will soon change in the blink of an eye..these plants are so unique in there smell it would b hard to choose which to run until I smoke them.the only time I get to smell them is before lights on and there is a very sweet arose in the air…
My tips curled down after my last nute change. I didn't adjust my ph down after I ramped it up and added crap to too high of ph. I think this messed up my ratios because I have since lowered the EC and the curls remain so I'm doing another change tonight. I don't think it's the light because I've backed it down below where it was at the last change. I run an RDWC though, so this might all be meaningless to you.

Moe suggested I do a nute change and I've meant to, just been really busy and tired after work. I think tonight I'll have time. I'm hoping that flattens em back out.

Yeah I’m not exactly sure what’s going on..my leaf tips aren’t burnt to suggest overfeeding.I know @SSHZ says when he sees leaves going wavy its a sign they need more cal/mag…but my leaves are pretty green so there’s plenty of mg to make Chlorophyll for photosynthesis.theres only 2 plants showing wavy top leaves and 3 arching downwards.im not too concerned as bud growth is not bad..I did look up on zamadelica and in a few posts they mention about the leaves curling down so it could possibly b genetic trait but unsure if it’s just grower error…it’s not deteriorating so I’ll keep moseying along

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom