New to Bud builder's hello everyone

Don't bother me really, depends who you'd ask I suppose....

Something I've always wondered, is there a way to privately work on a thread without publishing it so you could edit to your hearts desire then post it when it's finished? I had seen people reserving posts near the top of their thread but can't really do that when edit option is timed. I wouldn't remove the timer function. Not sure how you could reserve posts for later editing without contacting an admin....but atleast there are ways ya know.🤷🏻‍♂️
Not sure how long it last but you can save drafts.
1706828375766.png
Just hit the little floppy disk in the upper right corner when making a response.
Again not sure how long it last.

Hey folk's, has anyone tried grafting weed?

Bluchi with blueberry lemon shake up grafted to it.
View attachment 42858
View attachment 42859
I'm pretty stoked with it tbh.

It's a bit of a novelty but it was fun doing, I intend to make a tri or quad pheno mum but I've too many things happening atm.

When I flower it I'll be curious to see if grafting a poor yielding plant to heavy yielding root stock will improve the yeild?

Some plants just naturally have a brute root ball and some don't.
View attachment 42860
I've not made the connection with a big root = a heavy yeilder?
I'd like to weigh the roots to yeild ratio and whatnot but I'm just glad to get finished by that point in the grow.
View attachment 42861
So yeah it'll be interesting to see how it goes?
Yo @Observer
Check this out

I didn't know a draft facility existed, it's a handy feature.

I've saved a draft but now I can't see how I open it again?
Screenshot_20240201_232119_Brave.jpg
I've clicked on each icon but I can't find how to do it?

I didn't know a draft facility existed, it's a handy feature.

I've saved a draft but now I can't see how I open it again?

I've clicked on each icon but I can't find how to do it?
I've done this before but now something is up or I am lost?
Not the most tech savvy guy here at all. sorry.

I've grown for years but only briefly been online talking about it.
95% of my online activity has been in the last 3 years.

I absolutely love growing weed but couldn't talk to anyone about it, either I couldn't trust them or I knew they weren't interested and just didn't get it.

Fishing is another passion of mine
_20221002_204617.JPG
Sea trout fishing through the night is magical, the river Spey.
_20210703_014241.JPG
The sun was just coming over the horizon.

Wow man, majestic.

From now on I will read what you write in my imagined best scottish brogue.

Over here in the states a fun way to fish is on the great lakes. I also love Colorado for trout. Fun to watch the bald eagles snatch fish out of the Mississippi right now. They nest by the hundreds right where the missouri and mississippi meet. About 30 minutes from me.

But for sheer tranquility, I think I'm picking your spot.

Between cutting a plant down and trimming the lower shoots I all the all the materials for a grafting experiment.
6d72f9099aba959d440a20485ee993905c0d143b_2_393x499.jpeg
2 different strains grafted into the root ball from the plant I cut down.

It failed but that's the way it goes, not having any foliage did concern me which was well founded.

I breifly mentioned that clones can be taken late into flower, this is a example.
If you watch how they progress you'll see my attraction to this method of cloning.
Screenshot_20240203_010312_Gallery.jpg
You've seen where the mums are at, the last thing I want is vigorous growing plants to maintain for the duration of flowering and drying to then put them in the bin if they're not great.

The length of time is to re veg can be used to our advantage depending on circumstances.

Between cutting a plant down and trimming the lower shoots I all the all the materials for a grafting experiment.
View attachment 43052
2 different strains grafted into the root ball from the plant I cut down.

It failed but that's the way it goes, not having any foliage did concern me which was well founded.
What are the goals of your grafting experiment? What does success look like?

So you have a tent set aside for reveging too? Trying to figure out your growspace. You probably said but i missed it. This is all stealth right? Not sure on your laws.

So you have a tent set aside for reveging too? Trying to figure out your growspace. You probably said but i missed it. This is all stealth right? Not sure on your laws.
Yes I've a 3x2 clone tent with 4x t5s I keep mum's in and start seedlings and clones etc.

It's surprising what it can hold.
_20221216_172705.JPG
It comes with own problems but nothing major.

I'll be thinning them down to 4/5 mother's then just cloning from them but that'll be nearer the end of the year, I need to get through a selection of seeds 1st.

Sorry bud, there's no particular goal besides making a multi pheno mother, tbh it doesn't really serve any purpose im aware of.

I'm curious about changing the root stock affecting the yeild or bud size, I seen a thing on TV that went on about the root stock being responsible for the yeild, leaf abundance etc only that was apple's 🙄
😂 Whit feckin apples!

Hey folk's, a while back I made a small capillary tray for my mother's.

I had all the odds n ends lying around to make it.
Screenshot_20240203_200850_Gallery.jpgI never got around to installing it, so today I pulled it out' I'm going to put some plants on it.
Screenshot_20240203_200956_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240203_200911_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240203_200936_Gallery.jpg
I've wet the capillary matt and put some water in it, next I need to cut the sites from the cover.

The humidity has bee getting a bit high recently so I got drastic with the foliage and cut a few spares plants down.
Screenshot_20240203_200825_Gallery.jpg
The pic is terrible but you'll get the idea of what they were like before trimming.
Screenshot_20240203_200628_Gallery.jpg
This is how I left them, I'll pick it back up tomorrow.

Cheers 👍

Is this single blade a reveg? Are you working your own lines?

View attachment 43210
Hey bud, yes it's re vegging, I like to take advantage of the re vegging time' that way if they're not great I've not invested any time and effort, I'm not working anything personally.

The plants are also bushy with lots of branching imo they're ideal for keeping the genetics...on ice 🤣

A few pics taken today'
I can't get a decent family picture it's always too dark
20240204_153547.jpg
Below...
Swiss skunk, it looks so obvious now but when it was happening I thought it was just a mutation type thing.
Screenshot_20240204_202705_Gallery.jpg
You can see its been growing fine...then hasn't 🤫

Blueberry twist, my favourite plant 😍
Screenshot_20240204_202651_Gallery.jpg
My temps have been less than ideal but the plants doing okay with it.
Screenshot_20240204_163025_Gallery.jpg
I can't say I'm not pleased with that considering it's winter, to keep things on point isn't feasible with my budget.

Og kush...Autopot
20240204_153619.jpg
I tested the ec in the tray and still at 2.0ec, having grown with dtw mostly it's got me baffled.

I'm thinking making a change over to autopots, I've emailed a couple of place's about them I'll see how they go and take it from there.

Take it easy folk's 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240204_202643_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240204_202643_Gallery.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 1
A while back I watched a YouTube video, tbh I don't usually watch them but I'm glad I did with this video.
Listening to the dude I don't doubt he grows well, he's confident in what he's saying and I'm fairly certain he's not talking shit, why would anyone make it up?

Among other interesting subjects dark/lifht period gets spoken about.

I expected more light to equal more yeild, it sort of does but its not quite that straightforward for yearly turn over.

Basically his theory is the plant stays in the intermediary period longer than it does in 12-12.
Screenshot_20240114_212134_YouTube.jpg
Allegedly they have faster flowering response with 10/11 hrs light.

It's food for thought, if you're bored it's worth listening to, it's interesting if nothing else.

I'll check that vid out in a bit.

Curious if you use any silica products? Your stems look stout af.

What about fulvic or MSA?
Yes, I use silica for my ph up, 1ml to 10ltr to correct my PH after mixing nutrient.
Screenshot_20240204_214810_Chrome.jpg
It's 34% silica with a few other bits and pieces added.

Eta...Other than potsil for ph i only use a+b base nutrients, I'm not too fussy about additives.

Last edited:
Is anyone familiar with npk ratio's and stuff?
I'm thinking about trying dry powder nutrient?

Apparently its the same/similar to Jack's 321 with cal/mag added?
I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to canna ab?

Thanks folk's

Back
Top Bottom