Ph in Coco

Nesta

Puff Paladin
Reaction score
A few Ph questions for anyone with Coco experience.
What do you find the ideal PH in Coco to be?
Is it 5.6? 5.8?
Does the difference between 5.6 and 6.2 matter?
Do you keep the same Ph throughout your grow or do you ramp up/down during flower?

when i was running coco i'd run between 5.5 and 6.0, allowing the solution to start at 5.5 and rise to 6.0 then back down gradually over a period of days to a week.

never really bothered targeting a specific pH for stage of growth, though if you wanted to get real technical with it you could align your pH to the nutrient availability charts to optimize for uptake of target macro nutrients. more trouble than it's worth imo as the media will seek to find an equilibrium in of itself and you can't really reset that without a heavy flushing.

hydro/Coco

veg 5.5-5.9
flower 5.5-6.1 ive not seen the reasoning for the slight different flower pH besides different absorption range of elements

what i do currently 5.5-5.9 ph

what im going to start doing possibly --------> 5.4 that i increase till 6.1 and go back to 5.4 (when making gallons of water every night) , rinse & repeat FLOWER & VEG

A few Ph questions for anyone with Coco experience.
What do you find the ideal PH in Coco to be?
Is it 5.6? 5.8?
Does the difference between 5.6 and 6.2 matter?
Do you keep the same Ph throughout your grow or do you ramp up/down during flower?
I myself I use 6.0 for coco. With hydro I find 5.6 to 6.0 to work. 5.6 seems to provide better overal growth than 6.0. Anything over 6.2 and you can tell the plants are not happy!!!

I myself I use 6.0 for coco. With hydro I find 5.6 to 6.0 to work. 5.6 seems to provide better overal growth than 6.0. Anything over 6.2 and you can tell the plants are not happy!!!
true that! even down to 4.5 plants will be ok but you get down to 2.0-3.0 and plants get grumpy.

I had a plant give me grief below about 5.3 in the past
mine probably would've too, but when i was checking the media I was getting 2.8-3.0, so we'll say 5.3 was probably giving them grief :ROFLMAO: glad i got that worked out. media pH fuckery is not a fun thing to deal with. This is where RDWC comes in for the win. pH all fuckered? change out the solution. coco or rockwool all fuckered? flush like crazy and hope you fixed whatever was the problem.

mine probably would've too, but when i was checking the media I was getting 2.8-3.0, so we'll say 5.3 was probably giving them grief :ROFLMAO: glad i got that worked out. media pH fuckery is not a fun thing to deal with. This is where RDWC comes in for the win. pH all fuckered? change out the solution. coco or rockwool all fuckered? flush like crazy and hope you fixed whatever was the problem.
Tobh I was over at at a buddies grow earlier this week swapping some genetics. He has his shit pretty setup he is in rockwool like you. He has the whole thing fully remote. He can leave for about 3 weeks at a time.

Tobh I was over at at a buddies grow earlier this week swapping some genetics. He has his shit pretty setup he is in rockwool like you. He has the whole thing fully remote. He can leave for about 3 weeks at a time.
don't tell me things like that. i get jealous.

Thanks guys! I have been trying to stick to 5.6 in straight coco and this is some good insight. I might bump to 6.0 on Anthem’s recommendation and see if I notice any difference. One reason I am asking is I have wedding cake cut that has not grow with the same vigor since the change from soil to coco. I have been wondering if the PH is to blame.

Thanks guys! I have been trying to stick to 5.6 in straight coco and this is some good insight. I might bump to 6.0 on Anthem’s recommendation and see if I notice any difference. One reason I am asking is I have wedding cake cut that has not grow with the same vigor since the change from soil to coco. I have been wondering if the PH is to blame.
Nesta,
I only run a coco hybrid in veg for moms but I have ran Coco in the past and I screwed it up. That was what actually got me into hydro. I was not watering Coco correctly. Even with the stuff I run you want the coco dam all the time. I would suggest running it like @Aqua Man has documented on this site. I know you have those Blumats but they are just not going to give you results you can get in straight Coco. If you want any help let me know and I will do what I can. Maybe you would benefit from using a slightly different soil combination. I have used Fox Farms Ocean Forest for year and about 9 months ago I started using their Coco Loco and I am extremely happy with the change. I only water once a day so maybe switching media would be the best thing for you. You might give up a small amount but it will be easier than switching out your irrigation set up.

Nesta,
I only run a coco hybrid in veg for moms but I have ran Coco in the past and I screwed it up. That was what actually got me into hydro. I was not watering Coco correctly. Even with the stuff I run you want the coco dam all the time. I would suggest running it like @Aqua Man has documented on this site. I know you have those Blumats but they are just not going to give you results you can get in straight Coco. If you want any help let me know and I will do what I can. Maybe you would benefit from using a slightly different soil combination. I have used Fox Farms Ocean Forest for year and about 9 months ago I started using their Coco Loco and I am extremely happy with the change. I only water once a day so maybe switching media would be the best thing for you. You might give up a small amount but it will be easier than switching out your irrigation set up.
Thank you Anthem! Lots to consider while I finish up my current run!

I prefer 5.6-6.1 personally. I start at 5.5-5.6 and as the grow progresses i move up a bit.

Ph stability is more important than PH value.

Nutrient ratios are important to consider when it comes to PH as it has an affect on availability

I prefer 5.6-6.1 personally. I start at 5.5-5.6 and as the grow progresses i move up a bit.

Ph stability is more important than PH value.

Nutrient ratios are important to consider when it comes to PH as it has an affect on availability
I like to start at 5.6 as well but I do not let it drift above 5.9 ideally. currently using auto PH'ers so it rarely moves now adays!

Back
Top Bottom