could maybe a film or net over the netcup to try and keep roots from flooding the puck so much, something like pantyhose over the cup upside down over the airstone, then hydroton/pebbles over it

maybe not pantyhose per se, but you get the idea
You know I saw a YT clip with a guy doing that but I didn't see his follow up.....a good idea to stop clogging up the air path's out of the stone.........

with the plants I have growing now only 3 have air...1 plant I pulled.....I have 2 without air and I'll compare roots after they're done....

with my 6 pots I only had a 4 outlet pump...I think after my comparison I'll be getting another pump for the 2 extra pots

You know I saw a YT clip with a guy doing that but I didn't see his follow up.....a good idea to stop clogging up the air path's out of the stone.........

with the plants I have growing now only 3 have air...1 plant I pulled.....I have 2 without air and I'll compare roots after they're done....

with my 6 pots I only had a 4 outlet pump...I think after my comparison I'll be getting another pump for the 2 extra pots
sweeet

Yes and with my flood and 100% humidity in here for a few days didn't help....Its a shame I was hoping she'd grow like her mom....nice big buds and a nice buzz of it. I still have seeds & I'll run her again, taking more care with them the next time.
Winter run should go much better for most of us.

Even outdoors I’ve had 3 peppers get black spots and start to rot. Weathers just not happening this year.

Summer on the coastal bend really tested my window units in this cottage. My bedroom would reach 84 degrees somedays lately. Hang in there! SSgrower Cheers Pipecarver

Aug 22
I ripped all the buds off my Revegged Auto Jamaican/ Gsc and bag her today, I got close to 1/2 lb I'm guessing 7 oz if my half pound Grove bags are any indication of weight 75% full to the top of the window, I figure I could get another OZ in comfortably.

She dried for 11 days at 78f @ 62% I'm going to oil some of it, tincture some of it and smoke some a full trifecta of uses....

I stripped her down in about 15 minutes including clean up from full hanging plant to bagable buds no scissors involved.full plantreveg.jpgjamgscbud.jpgrevegjamgscharvest.jpgstripped jamgsc.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 22
I ripped all the buds off my Revegged Auto Jamaican/ Gsc and bag her today, I got close to 1/2 lb I'm guessing 7 oz if my half pound Grove bags are any indication of weight 75% full to the top of the window, I figure I could get another OZ in comfortably.

She dried for 11 days at 78f @ 62% I'm going to oil some of it, tincture some of it and smoke some a full trifecta of uses....

I stripped her down in about 15 minutes including clean up from full hanging plant to bagable buds no scissors involved.View attachment 18456View attachment 18457View attachment 18458View attachment 18459
Aug 24
Week 7 for the girls in my 5x5 the only thing I can smell is Sour D still swelling and I'm still feeding pretty heavy but I cut back on Grow and last week and cal/mag a bit this week and I'll continue cutting back as I move into 8 weeks on the 28th.

Everything is looking good so far but the blue has more hairs in it than my last QCblues & they're not as tight....too hot and humid maybe at a critical time in their flowering through the week of a flooded basement. Still a few weeks to go yet so there's still time to bulk up some...QCblw7.jpgSDW7.jpgSDw7a.jpgSDw7b.jpgW7.jpgW7b.jpgW7c.jpg

Yes it should be a nice harvest....I've been looking at trimming tools, I'd love one of the hand held electricView attachment 18767

lol I think those are US dollars and like No! but the look good in action.....
Aug 28
I headed out to the specialty wood shop today & picked up a few blocks to start making pipes again. I haven't made any in a while now so it'll probably start rough. The guy had some Walnut that got wet on one end and gave me a block free so I'll cut a few blocks out of it to start with. I picked out a block of Bubinga , a block of Canary wood and Blood wood. All hardwoods I've never worked with before that I can remember so this should be interesting.

My girls in the tent are at 8 weeks today and starting to fall over from being top heavy.....I was origionally thinking 11 weeks but it may not take that long, they seem to be looking closer to the end than that, pistils are browning and I can see the lower leaves starting to fade more. I'm not in a hurry so I'll just wait and see.

I've been dropping my feed to 2/3 of their max food level this week. I hold it here for most of the week then drop it again slowly to about 1/3 feed . The Charts I use show me to taper down their food needs towards the end but their graph's show an 8 week flowering plant cycle. So I'm guesstimate it on a steady graph down towards 11 weeks.pipewood.jpgQbluw8.jpgQbluw8.jpgQblw8a.jpgQBLW8g.jpgsdW8g.jpgSDw8pinched.jpgSDwbnotoinched.jpgtentwindow.jpg

Super nice buds and wood~!
I have used all those woods before and they should make real nice pipes.
Back in the day I was ' all wood pipes and bowls'.
Now I just roll joints and use glass for bongs.
I miss some of my nice old wood pipes.

Super nice buds and wood~!
I have used all those woods before and they should make real nice pipes.
Back in the day I was ' all wood pipes and bowls'.
Now I just roll joints and use glass for bongs.
I miss some of my nice old wood pipes.
I have to watch out I don't buy woods that have toxic fumes when heated....Elm is one that comes to mind but today I was looking at some Black Palm....it had a nice grain and color but after looking it up its too oily and it can cause irritation to some when handled and its dust can be an irritant....so no.....

some are too hard for my homeowners tools to work with without ruining the blades and everything I work with goes through too much stress for little gain.... ....I can get Cherry but I don't really like it...it doesn't shine up as nicely and has some funny grains that screw me up & cracks that piss me off.

All your blond girls grew up to be gorgeous redheads!

Brovo!
Sept 2
9 weeks on Monday I've cut back my feed to basic veg nutes and I'll start adding ph'd water intermittently between days of feed. The Sour D is browning up but still a ways to go but the QCblue looks further along.

I ordered pipe stems,a grinder / buffer & some wax . I'm going to make a few more pipes once everything from this grow is dry, I don't need dust sticking to my girls fruit.

I've been trying to get a pic of my cat Qnight sleeping on his bed beside me but he's camera shy. soon as I aim it at him he moves...he doesn't like its focusing lasers....Qnight.JPGSDw8.7.JPGSDw8.7a.JPGW8.7.JPG

could maybe a film or net over the netcup to try and keep roots from flooding the puck so much, something like pantyhose over the cup upside down over the airstone, then hydroton/pebbles over it

maybe not pantyhose per se, but you get the idea
Small, low power LED in the airstone area so that roots self prune?

I fear the light may grow algae within, maybe not.

May work

But maybe not necessary?

As long as there is still room for roots
Sept 3
I pulled out my bench grinder and started it up....bad move...dust started to fly so off it went....I haven't run it in a while and I just wanted to giver a test....it works, my Fordom carving tool will need lubricating and cleaning, I have to set up my vacuum exhaust system that I partially disabled to use the ducting when we had the flood and its not back together yet. 2 unfinished pipesBsaw.JPGDpress.JPGFlatpipe.JPGFordom.JPGporterC.JPGShort pipe.JPGsleveless drum1.JPG

I want one of these so I can sit on my porch in my rocking chair and yell at the kids to stay off my lawn!

View attachment 19871
I want something in that exact style. The intricate carving is unnecessary, but that sort of Sherlock style for sure, with an acrylic mouthpiece ta boot.

When you get to cranking out pipes again, put me on the list, please.

I want something in that exact style. The intricate carving is unnecessary, but that sort of Sherlock style for sure, with an acrylic mouthpiece ta boot.

When you get to cranking out pipes again, put me on the list, please.

Sept 3
I pulled out my bench grinder and started it up....bad move...dust started to fly so off it went....I haven't run it in a while and I just wanted to giver a test....it works, my Fordom carving tool will need lubricating and cleaning, I have to set up my vacuum exhaust system that I partially disabled to use the ducting when we had the flood and its not back together yet. 2 unfinished pipesView attachment 19855View attachment 19856View attachment 19857View attachment 19858View attachment 19859View attachment 19860View attachment 19862
Oh hell yeah man..nice.

The right tools for the job is invaluable.

It's like I'm trying to do science without measurements.

Back
Top Bottom