Random picture thread

Looks good. I never would have guessed the barrel walls were that thick. Definitely designed to take some abuse.
Yeah I was surprised too. Definitely an upgrade from sterilite totes, or the icebox portable cooler I was running previously. No mo daily reservoir refreshes for this guy haha

I'm dealing with fungus gnats 🤞
20241002_123034.jpg
I feed them from the bottom I've cut the corners to allow nutrient in.

I've read much about them but never had the pleasure untill recently..
Holy moly they were driving me crazy 🤪 if this doesn't work idk but I want it to be final.

View attachment 74898

Holy moly they were driving me crazy 🤪 if this doesn't work idk but I want it to be final.
don't know your medium, but if you're in soil, let it dry out then a dusting of diatomaceous earth on top will take care of em. the soil surface must be dry, and you'll have to reapply again once the DE gets wet, but it works.

if you're not in soil, I'd start looking at potential reasons they're around -- pythium is my knee jerk but the larvae are feeding on sugars from anaerobic bacteria and it's likely related to an unhealthy root zone.

View attachment 74898

CannaGranny says to use cut up potato slices and change them out every 2 days. The larvae eat into it and then you just throw them away.

View attachment 74898

Yeah take that plastic of brother.that might cause another problem for you.

Just over 4 years ago the entire SF Bay Area was experiencing a “Pink Day”.

There were fires in far northern cal and parts of oregon and all that smoke was being funneled into the Bay Area but at a rather high elevation. It was clear at ground level, but the high level smoke allowed only warm colors through.

It was like being on Mars. It was incredibly unsettling and seemed other worldly.9E9F2D8D-D4DC-4CC1-9A78-477FD49DAAE6.jpeg0A17F2C1-0218-4EF7-87EA-4AB09E3D58C5.jpegE890C4C6-45F7-48AC-836D-030F2A8CDB7E.jpegA6EE25C8-BFD7-4E3B-BC58-95D752372CC4.jpegE464BA92-B8C8-411E-A2B5-626BF72215EF.jpeg7FCA3884-EF09-402F-A9AC-29521E21A9CE.jpeg

Adirondack Balloon Festival was a couple weeks ago.
0920241752.jpg
0920241758.jpg0920241806.jpg0920241747c.jpg

0920241805.jpg
We had perfect weather for the first time in many years.
Totaled out around 50 balloons at any one time.
Lasted Friday through Sunday.

don't know your medium, but if you're in soil, let it dry out then a dusting of diatomaceous earth on top will take care of em. the soil surface must be dry, and you'll have to reapply again once the DE gets wet, but it works.

if you're not in soil, I'd start looking at potential reasons they're around -- pythium is my knee jerk but the larvae are feeding on sugars from anaerobic bacteria and it's likely related to an unhealthy root zone.
Hello everyone...
Whit there's a connection with pythium and fungus gnats?
20241006_230341.jpg
It's only fungus gnats that need dealing with afaik.

Fwiw folks I've dried them back as much I dare and used H202 @1.5% (thats strong af aprx 4-1 of 12%) but that didn't finish them completely either.

I've used bti at max for two weeks with daily feeds again it's not killed them completely either.

Step #3 is where I'm at next it's permethrin but I'd say the plants are starting to look better?
20240909_163023.jpg
20241006_190636.jpg
I've a few plants I tested ipa on that made a notable difference but there was serious side effects for going to heavy with it.

Fyi ipa @20% sprayed onto the top of pots kills larvea and pupae but you need to take it easy or it'll wilt the plant, more small applications is better than one heavy one.

@20% ipa kills adults and overspray doesn't harm foliage.
I did spray a couple of leafs full on with 20% ipa without problems but only twice idk about repeated applications over a short period, that's it for now.

Take it easy folk's

Sunday night nfl pittsburgh steelers delay.....

View attachment 75391

Lawsuit in the making if a spectator was injured due to the storm, they knowingly delayed the game for IMO.
NASCAR would have removed the fans from the stands~!

"NASCAR and track officials announced that all fans should clear the grandstands and find appropriate shelter. Fans are asked to be aware that there is a threat of a thunderstorm, including lightning in the area.
This is if the storm has produced any lightning within 8 miles in the last 30 minutes.

is tyson still fighting that youtuber? anyone know when that is? thought it was soon... that dude is gonna get is ass kicked if he does actually fight him!

I believe Tyson was injured, causing the delay.........

He had an ulcer flare up on a flight for half an hour and paramedics had to attend to him when it landed. His doctor then recommended he rest before resuming training at that level.

Mike probably went out and jumped back into his routine like he was 30 and prepping for Holyfield and his body said "Fuck you"

It's crazy they're even allowing him to fight at his age. Given the life he's lived, it wouldn't be surprising at all if he ends up getting killed if Jake Paul lands a solid hit in the right spot. I'm hopeful that douche gets tuned up, don't get me wrong, but Tyson is definitely past his prime and should just enjoy retirement at this point.

It's crazy they're even allowing him to fight at his age. Given the life he's lived, it wouldn't be surprising at all if he ends up getting killed if Jake Paul lands a solid hit in the right spot. I'm hopeful that douche gets tuned up, don't get me wrong, but Tyson is definitely past his prime and should just enjoy retirement at this point.

Maybe he just wants one more bite, I mean fight, before hanging up the gloves. 🤔

My first batch of black hash in. A year it look like I got too much plant matter in there. But we will c just happy to have some time even if only for one nite ! As it cures the square will darken to a nice black color and hopefully nice and spongy mmmm
I’m sure it will take a few times to get back up to speed. Ur def worth it

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpeg
    IMG_2323.jpeg
    456.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2325.jpeg
    IMG_2325.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2326.jpeg
    IMG_2326.jpeg
    618.3 KB · Views: 4
Back