Random picture thread

Oh how random is this... One of our new neighbors who moved in this month.

This is what my wife saw when she went to work at 530am this morning. Car still running... Car had lights on till battery died, did not try to move car until 6pm. Car had back windows cracked, we had severe storms today too.... The guy was gone when I went to work at 7am, but car was left like that all day... Good times I guess

At least I usually make it inside before I pass out 😂

IMG_20230728_184429~2.jpgIMG_20230728_220025~2.jpg

This is what my wife saw when she went to work at 530am this morning. Car still running... Car had lights on till battery died, did not try to move car until 6pm. Car had back windows cracked, we had severe storms today too.... The guy was gone when I went to work at 7am, but car was left like that all day... Good times I guess

View attachment 15490View attachment 15491
Goddamn... I've made some poor choices but this dude makes the shit I've done look amateur hour. Or maybe we're pro because we get our shit turned off and ourselves inside before finding a spot on the floor? 🤔

Keeping with the car theme and you won't believe this....Very awesome 1976 Grand Prix takes center stage in this movie They Cloned Tyrone

A vintage 1976 car stole the show in They Cloned Tyrone

© Netflix

MOVIES​

What was the asking price? Just out of curiosity, in no position to be buying any other property right now lol
It went for $200K. I was there, looking for places he could put a septic system. That, alone, will be about another $25K, because he has no suitable land for it, and will have to have a mini sewage treatment system that treats water to greater than safe surface water standards. Add another $50K for repairs and upgrading the kitchen and bathroom -- maybe a lot more.

The place also has two decent sized barns, where who knows what kind of indoor plants some miscreant might want to grow in there.

View attachment 15490View attachment 15491
You should have put a chalk outline around him.

Washed and partially clay barred. Ran out of quick detailer so no more lube to finish the passenger side.

Seriously need to get this thing in for paint correction. Taking a flashlight to the surface shows the clear is fully clouded, so it's full of oxidation and beyond my amateur hour fixing capabilities.
PXL_20230801_024850755.jpgPXL_20230801_024827786.MP.jpg

Washed and partially clay barred. Ran out of quick detailer so no more lube to finish the passenger side.

Seriously need to get this thing in for paint correction. Taking a flashlight to the surface shows the clear is fully clouded, so it's full of oxidation and beyond my amateur hour fixing capabilities.
View attachment 16051View attachment 16052
I need to wax mine next cool weekend day. I love Chemical Guys butter wet wax. Best shine I've found, 100% carnauba.

I've been slacking on my detailing, looks good

View attachment 16051View attachment 16052
Those subees are super fun to drive for a family sedan !

Those subees are super fun to drive for a family sedan !
definitely! that's why i call it the bad ass daddy mobile. the kids love it when i get into boost for a brief moment. still a little young for banging gears but a short pull from 3500 rpm in second gets some happy squeals out of em, and plasters a stupid smile on my face.

I would look at some pro detailing supplier sites. They usually have products that can make that look like new. The other alternative is you could get a leather cover from a company called Katzkins.

I wonder what the backseat on this design looks like?

Katzkin Subie Cover.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, question for anyone in the know about car leather. What can I do to fix this, or at least prevent it from progressing?
View attachment 16180
Well, it is what it is and you know what they say in baseball; Father Time is undefeated. One potential alternative is going down to a big car junk yard and finding some crashed car with newer seats and swap them out....I have similar wrinkles on my face...funny how time fades away.

I would look at some pro detailing supplier sites. They usually have products that can make that look like new. The other alternative is you could get a leather cover from a company called Katzkins.

Good looking out. I'm pretty I looked at them for various other projects, but ideally I want to retain what I have. The OEM recaro seats are worth a pretty penny, so I'll contact a buddy that's a pro detailer and see if he can source me shit that's not available to consumers. Maybe even throw him at the problem.

Well, it is what it is and you know what they say in baseball; Father Time is undefeated. One potential alternative is going down to a big car junk yard and finding some crashed car with newer seats and swap them out....I have similar wrinkles on my face...funny how time fades away.
Yeah, that's not gonna happen with this car. It's a relatively rare trim package, so finding a wrecked one with the right seats will be near impossible. The other option is shelling out at least $1k for a replacement on eBay. Gonna try to fix before replace.

As for my leather, every day I swear there's a new line showing up. Father time is a fickle bastard.

Yeah I’d look on your trim tag in engine bay and go from there.you should still b able to get hold of the leather type tobh.not sure how you would stop that progressing..maybe a leather softener or a patch but that would look shit.I’d prolly just hunt the material down and put something on it to stop progressing .

Yeah, that's not gonna happen with this car. It's a relatively rare trim package, so finding a wrecked one with the right seats will be near impossible. The other option is shelling out at least $1k for a replacement on eBay. Gonna try to fix before replace.

As for my leather, every day I swear there's a new line showing up. Father time is a fickle bastard.
I bought a used Benz that had Recaro racing seats that were not comfy for me....Sold them...Installed BMW 5 series seats that worked the treat. I'm just saying any much newer leather seats that can fit in there...otherwise it's going to be death by 1,000 cuts. Here we have a giant used car part center with aisles of all parts for every kind of car.... but we're a bit far from you..

Alright, question for anyone in the know about car leather. What can I do to fix this, or at least prevent it from progressing?
View attachment 16180
My dad always used the leather treatment he used on his horse stuff. IDK what it’s called as it wasn’t my thing.

I used to use saddle soap on my 79 Capri leather seats. Worked for my boats. 🤷‍♂️

i own a detail business. 303 makes some awesome products. also the chemical guys are very good too, i use their leather cleaner and polish exclusively!! the 303 does an amazing job on tonneau covers!!!

for waxes, it's a tie.. i have not found anything available that beats these two.. even better than ceramic coatings!!

DSCN0870.JPG

that clay bar stuff ain't ez huh? ha yeah people think it's like a compound or polish and it only takes a couple hours! yeah right!!! just the proper wash prep to even get to the clay bar takes a few hours!!! black ain't fun but boy when you nail it there's not a better color for a sled!!!

nothing pertinent, just a pic of my neighbors place..

20230802_200739.jpg

🙃

Back
Top Bottom