Random picture thread

Not a sunset pic but this is my favorite photo from Costa Rica.Untitled.png

I picked up a Nikon D50 to document my grow and I've been enjoying learning about taking better photos. Got a couple lenses for it now. Its super old (made in 2005) but still takes great photos. Got it for a steal at $60 w/lens.

Based upon both looks and growth environment, I believe this is Pluteus cervinus, commonly called a deer mushroom (I believe because of the fawn color).
While they can be eaten, to call them edible is somewhat of a stretch.
I've read that they taste poor or like dead leaves.
Another person that ate them with a bunch of butter and garlic, reported back that they taste remarkably like butter and garlic.

At any rate, they are not toxic, but any wild mushrooms must be cooked prior to eating, to break down the chitin in the fungal flesh.
Even wild psilocybin mushrooms can mess up people's guts because they eat them raw. I prefer a good tea myself.
Cool.

Wifey took this this pic. I really liked the way it looked. Seemed balanced. Zen like. 🤣

I had one or two other mushroom types growing in the yard I was curious about but never got around to taking pics.

Damn fine manecoon sample, sir. bet he's a great kitter to have around. if the donkey wouldn't eat em, i wouldn't mind having something so independent in the house
Thanks @tobh. A well behaved cat is a wicked family member, theyre independant and keep rodents away from the house. And cuddly. This (anything smaller than her) killing machine is a femcat. I'm not sure if I'd ever get another male cat, maybe someday. I just find male cats to be pricks. And I've had a few. Female cats are much nicer to have around.

Thanks @tobh. A well behaved cat is a wicked family member, theyre independant and keep rodents away from the house. And cuddly. This (anything smaller than her) killing machine is a femcat. I'm not sure if I'd ever get another male cat, maybe someday. I just find male cats to be pricks. And I've had a few. Female cats are much nicer to have around.
my experience with my ex is opposite of that. her female calico was an absolute monster -- loved me but would crawl on ceilings and attack anyone other than me. our male manecoon was a pussy. super loving but pretty sure if he ever saw a mouse, he would've hidden in a shoe lol.

my experience with my ex is opposite of that. her female calico was an absolute monster -- loved me but would crawl on ceilings and attack anyone other than me. our male manecoon was a pussy. super loving but pretty sure if he ever saw a mouse, he would've hidden in a shoe lol.
Gives me hope haha. Someday I'll get a male again if it's the right temperament.

Are these Pinatubo sunsets?
I believe these were all before Pinatubo (1991?), but there is some deep color so perhaps some volcano in the late 70s and early 80s.

A few of them might be sometime after Mt. St. Helens, I don't know if that put enough sulfur dioxide in the atmosphere to change sunset, but???

Not a sunset pic but this is my favorite photo from Costa Rica.View attachment 17062

I picked up a Nikon D50 to document my grow and I've been enjoying learning about taking better photos. Got a couple lenses for it now. Its super old (made in 2005) but still takes great photos. Got it for a steal at $60 w/lens.
Love Costa Rica. Been there too many times to remember. I think '95 was the first time I went. Haven't been there for a while. I heard the coastal areas are all commercialized with hotels and stuff. Bummer. It was so nice like Hawaii 30 yrs earlier.

probably actively happening since they're probably about into the teenage phase. they look like they'd give our dobie a run for his money play-wise. damn dog runs through basically every other dog we've introduced him to. too damn big.
I had a dog back in the 70s that had a really tough time at that age.
She was big and a little uncoordinated, she could bump her head and back side on opposite walls in a room at the same time.
She grew up to be the sleekest, most amazing dog ever, but she had about 3 months where I wasn't sure she wasn't a little off in the brain! She bumped into everything.

Yikes. Did they survive?

It lowered global temperatures for 2 years or so. It's amazing what major volcanoes (and minor ones, like Mt. St. Helens) can do.
Yes. And all my sister and brother in-laws homes were buried in ash too. I rebuilt my father and mother in-laws house.

March of 2020, a few days before full lockdown was announced flying home to BC after my fathers funeral on a Boeing 777 with only around half a dozen people on-board. Wife and I had nearly the entire back of the plane to ourselves.. strange seeing 9 seats across completely empty. Was kinda neat though just wandering around the empty plane, choosing what side had the best views. Also lucky that my father had a proper funeral followed by a proper Nova Scotia kitchen party of a wake afterwards. A week later, everyone was on lockdown.

Rocky mountains were the clearest ive ever seen them from a plane.
View attachment 16987View attachment 16988
Sorry for loss DB

And here’s something ya just don’t see every day
Love these things man.
We have something here called "The Gas Up"
Its run by The Hudson Mohawk Chapter of the Pioneer Gas Engine Association.
There are all sorts of antique hit n miss engines, steam powered dredgers, these steam engine tractors, plus tons more.

Ive gone every year for the last 15 years.

Havent seen one pull a sled tho! Thats pretty sweet man.

View attachment 17409

Loves to sleep on her back. 😝
ours too! i swear he thinks he's human. he'll roll on his back and wiggle his way up to be face to face with the lady and i in bed. of course, always right in the middle of us. then gets his big ol cheesy grin lol we don't deserve dogs.

ours too! i swear he thinks he's human. he'll roll on his back and wiggle his way up to be face to face with the lady and i in bed. of course, always right in the middle of us. then gets his big ol cheesy grin lol we don't deserve dogs.
Ya Willow does the same. Love the little grins. 🤣

Wife hates it…but I don’t mind her in the bed as long as she’s clean and dry. She guards me when I sleep. Cute.

She keeps me busy and usually happier than when I’m alone. She’s just past 28 or 29 months. Picked up a sock fetish we’re trying to break.

Guess we’re stuck with each other now. 🤔😝

This sign always made me wonder.
IMG_5533.jpeg
The creek is named Paint Creek, but why the U? Is this like U-pick strawberries, but with polluting a waterway instead of getting strawberries?

The sign was mysteriously replaced by one without the "U," when all that money went out to the states during and after the pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom