You and dirtbag definitely touched on some shit that had me curious a few years back, but anymore I just don't have the energy to get wrapped up into things that are out of my control. No sense in getting emotional towards things I can't do anything about. Out of sight out of mind.

These days I try my very best to stay present. The only issue that seems to consistently rile me up is cooperations and their control in things. The constant need to make an increased profit for greedy investors is the main issue with the world, to me at least. That, and their role in our government.

It's hard to ignore the faults in the world but I try my best.

Didn't he have one of Bill Clinton in drag too? (Painting)

@Observer never caught you were from MO as well, damn posse in here...what area dude? I'm in st charles county! I got a local Grow buddy that was asking how many plants he could get in a 5x5 I think I told him 210 or something! Lmao!
I was born in Springfield, didn't live there for too long as my parents moved to OK

Basically grew up in OK, but yeah Springfield.

Dude look into it, it's insane the things he said before he died.

Also 9/11 was an inside job, the footage of the moon landing was faked, the pandemic was a psyop, the CIA killed JFK, the US govt imported cocaine for years, Courtney had Kurt murdered and stole his music, the news and entertainment industry is mind control, Tiffany dover is dead, and the WEF wants a great reset and most countries are taking orders from a globalist cabal.

And I will leave you with just one of the paintings found hanging (pun intended) in Jeffery Epsteins new York apartmentView attachment 20340

Ahhhh... there I feel better now.

Getting colder out there these days what?
That painting is still just mind blowing in a way.

And really fucking funny lol

Didn't he have one of Bill Clinton in drag too? (Painting)

@Observer never caught you were from MO as well, damn posse in here...what area dude? I'm in st charles county! I got a local Grow buddy that was asking how many plants he could get in a 5x5 I think I told him 210 or something! Lmao!
Could probably do a killer grow with these black half gallon pots

Maybe 75 or so of these for a sick sog In 25sqft.

Indeed. 210 corner to corner in red solos 525ml/18oz cups if math is right. 14 by 15

I'm itchin to fuckin do it again but double up, lol.

Attachments

• 1694103050131631409400473809140.jpg
    1694103050131631409400473809140.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 1693556408204.webp
    203 KB · Views: 2
Curiously, if she was dead and they wanted you to think she was alive, would you also be able to find an address?
Well, the depths of personal information that's publicly available is pretty vast. I should be able to dig up every address she's been associated with since childhood, any birth and/or death certificates, criminal records (down to parking tickets), real estate purchases, business associations, etc.

That's actually how I inadvertently found out my ex is now living in brooklyn a couple weeks ago. Was on a tirade sending take down requests to these data miners/sellers and she came up as a possible associate with her new address listed.

So, yeah, if there's enough motivation to present a person as being alive when they're in fact dead, an address could be found and by validating the information across the literal hundreds of sources is also achievable. However, without serious coordination across the board, it's damn near guaranteed that someone somewhere will let the cat out of the bag. If everything lines up though, we're still back at square one without physically seeing the person, in person, and even that's not 100% guaranteed. Look at the lengths spies go to when it comes to concealing their identities. A real-life deep fake is 100% possible with enough surgery.
You and dirtbag definitely touched on some shit that had me curious a few years back, but anymore I just don't have the energy to get wrapped up into things that are out of my control. No sense in getting emotional towards things I can't do anything about. Out of sight out of mind.

These days I try my very best to stay present. The only issue that seems to consistently rile me up is cooperations and their control in things. The constant need to make an increased profit for greedy investors is the main issue with the world, to me at least. That, and their role in our government.

It's hard to ignore the faults in the world but I try my best.
oh, yeah. that's really the fundamental flaw of a free market capitalist society. you get these economic engines that consume and absorb competition en masse, and influence the legislator to protect themselves as some sort of immune system. then, you end up with "free" products where, as the saying goes, if you're not paying for it, you're the product. Which ties back to my response to DB in regards to data miners and just how much information is freely available about everyone. Believe it or not, you don't have to pay sites like people search the $39.95 they're asking for to acquire data. You just have to know where to look, and I've got a treat for y'all that are interested.. https://github.com/yaelwrites/Big-Ass-Data-Broker-Opt-Out-List

if you use the second or third site listed, the advanced background one, you will definitely find more than you thought was publicly visible about yourself and yours. at least if you live in the US. We're one of the only countries left that allow shady companies to harvest and sell that volume of data about their people. It's easy to understand why DOXing someone is so damn simple.

if you use the second or third site listed, the advanced background one, you will definitely find more than you thought was publicly visible about yourself and yours. at least if you live in the US. We're one of the only countries left that allow shady companies to harvest and sell that volume of data about their people. It's easy to understand why DOXing someone is so damn simple.
Guess the phrase "lets keep this on the downlow" is passe.

any of y'all audio engineers? or know anything about studio setup? have some questions that the google machine is falling on its face answering.
I love audio, never did a studio setup before though. I've done a million car setups and know about DACs for hifi in house setup and am the guy that remasters audio tapes for the family. Couldn't do that without these reference headphones, love my FosteX...modded the pads with some velour upgrades.

Are we talking hardware or software?

A piece of my car audio project.. have Rockford fosgate everything, 4 channel amp, components front and back, 10" sub, 1 mono amp, dsp audio retiming(delaying the closest speaker to you by milliseconds to match the speaker farthest away so the soundwaves not only hit your ear at the correct time to the body's placement but to also avoid unwanted cancelling of audio waves.

Um... Yeah, I'm into audio 😂
IMG_20200530_140834.jpgIMG_20200604_164834.jpgPXL_20230909_110902579.jpg
Adjusting timing in car for optimal listening experience for driver, fuck everyone else lol
PXL_20230909_112332912.jpg

All caught up here too ! Thanx for posting @tobh ! I still got 4” cubes and the unislabs from watching DB’s last grow and now urs! Gotta run ‘‘em when I fire the tents back up - can’t deny the results u guys are getting , I’m in promix now and so sick of the bugs !
Nice work bro ! Keep her rollin

I love audio, never did a studio setup before though. I've done a million car setups and know about DACs for hifi in house setup and am the guy that remasters audio tapes for the family. Couldn't do that without these reference headphones, love my FosteX...modded the pads with some velour upgrades.

Are we talking hardware or software?

A piece of my car audio project.. have Rockford fosgate everything, 4 channel amp, components front and back, 10" sub, 1 mono amp, dsp audio retiming(delaying the closest speaker to you by milliseconds to match the speaker farthest away so the soundwaves not only hit your ear at the correct time to the body's placement but to also avoid unwanted cancelling of audio waves.

Um... Yeah, I'm into audio 😂
View attachment 20692View attachment 20693View attachment 20695
Adjusting timing in car for optimal listening experience for driver, fuck everyone else lol
View attachment 20704
Well, right now I guess we'd be talking about hardware. I'm nearing completion of phase 1 on my office and am starting the design and materials selection process for phase 2. Phase 2 is arguably the harder one as depending on the materials used, positioning, and thickness of those materials, you can either really enhance the sound in a room or completely destroy it.

The TL;DR: of phase 2 is: make my office as soundproof as humanly possible without ripping out drywall or the ceiling to fill the cavities with audio insulation.

I've already sealed the doors and have sound deadening curtains for one of the windows, but the ceiling is a bit more tricky. I intend on building sound deadening boxes which are no more than 2x4s wrapped in canvas and filled with R30 insulation. However, I got to thinking about reflections and whatnot, and am wondering if the 90 degree corners of the boxes will cause some weird behaviors with audio reflection that the foam I'll be placing in specific spots won't be able to do much for.

One might wonder why go to all this effort? Well, I practically live on Zoom calls for work and there's nothing more embarrassing or infuriating as a sibling war erupting above my head or next to my door when I'm talking with the C suite about some security shit they don't care about but should. Also, I'm a bit of an audio snob as well and like shit to sound fucking great when I'm listening to or watching something. I won't admit how many hours I've wasted positioning and tuning the speakers for the surround sound in our living room -- suffice to say it's annoyed my family lol.

the office build-out is a bit more exacting, though, and a lot of the materials I'm looking at using are kind of one-shot to get it right. For an idea of the boxes, I am completely ripping the idea from this cat

I've been involved in the design and construction of a few iso booths and demo studios.

Careful with sound DEADENING because that can have unintended effects on audio quality to the person in the room. Too dead sounds weird. A fairly noted audio engineer told me once that the idea is not so much to deaden the room as it is to keep reflections from running into each other.

Sounds like you're looking for more Iso booth acoustics rather than studio acoustics. Control room acoustics are more aimed at controlling reflections than sound deadening. It's all about frequency control.

You probably already know that if you look on an oscilloscope, bass notes have long hills and valleys whereas high notes have short hills and valleys. When these frequencies are traveling through a solid object it takes energy to push through them. The high frequency notes expend their energy trying to get through the wall and die whereas the low notes easily penetrate the wall because they don't have to travel as far through the wall. Controlling high frequency notes is simple. It's the low frequency notes that are the hardest to dissipate energy from. Too hard a surface to dissipate their energy will result in too much reverberation whereas too soft and the sound will get through.

Since sound travels through air your first step is to seal your room the best you can taking special note at the problem areas like doors and windows. I would add acoustical foam tiles on any of the wall and door surfaces that don't already have insulation in them. Stuff like hollow core doors that will reverberate. You could also hang a heavy curtain over your door and walls if needed to block out whatever frequency energy the walls weren't able to dissipate. Any heavily upholstered furniture is also good at improving acoustics in the room.

A friend and I DIYed a demo studio in his garage. He was a carpet layer so we used all the throw away carpet he got from jobs and hung them on the walls taking care to offset the carpet from the wall with a 2 x 4 to create an air pocket between the wall and the carpet. When we finished, he setup his drum kit and I went outside to check how soundproof the install was. You could barely hear his kick drum from about 10 ft away but other than that the ambient street noise drowned out what little noise escaped.

If you want to get fancy you can upholster your walls.

Well, right now I guess we'd be talking about hardware. I'm nearing completion of phase 1 on my office and am starting the design and materials selection process for phase 2. Phase 2 is arguably the harder one as depending on the materials used, positioning, and thickness of those materials, you can either really enhance the sound in a room or completely destroy it.

The TL;DR: of phase 2 is: make my office as soundproof as humanly possible without ripping out drywall or the ceiling to fill the cavities with audio insulation.

I've already sealed the doors and have sound deadening curtains for one of the windows, but the ceiling is a bit more tricky. I intend on building sound deadening boxes which are no more than 2x4s wrapped in canvas and filled with R30 insulation. However, I got to thinking about reflections and whatnot, and am wondering if the 90 degree corners of the boxes will cause some weird behaviors with audio reflection that the foam I'll be placing in specific spots won't be able to do much for.

One might wonder why go to all this effort? Well, I practically live on Zoom calls for work and there's nothing more embarrassing or infuriating as a sibling war erupting above my head or next to my door when I'm talking with the C suite about some security shit they don't care about but should. Also, I'm a bit of an audio snob as well and like shit to sound fucking great when I'm listening to or watching something. I won't admit how many hours I've wasted positioning and tuning the speakers for the surround sound in our living room -- suffice to say it's annoyed my family lol.

the office build-out is a bit more exacting, though, and a lot of the materials I'm looking at using are kind of one-shot to get it right. For an idea of the boxes, I am completely ripping the idea from this cat
What I do know about that stuff is the difference from open versus closed cell sound proofing material. I really don't know anything about the reverberations outside of loving my dad's old Sansui Reverb box.

My solution was to get the best headphones in my budget lol, terrible answer I know.

I did do some small research and found that you want both, open and closed cell materials. One for absorbing echo, the other for sound dampening.

Closed cell foam does absorb sound and is more effective against low frequency wavelengths. It’s a denser material than acoustic foam, and so is used for sound dampening and insulation rather than absorbing echo. It’s best to include both open and closed cell foam. https://soundproofcentral.com/does-...ll foam does absorb,open and closed cell foam.

What I do know about that stuff is the difference from open versus closed cell sound proofing material. I really don't know anything about the reverberations outside of loving my dad's old Sansui Reverb box.

My solution was to get the best headphones in my budget lol, terrible answer I know.

I did do some small research and found that you want both, open and closed cell materials. One for absorbing echo, the other for sound dampening.

Closed cell foam does absorb sound and is more effective against low frequency wavelengths. It’s a denser material than acoustic foam, and so is used for sound dampening and insulation rather than absorbing echo. It’s best to include both open and closed cell foam. https://soundproofcentral.com/does-closed-cell-foam-absorb-sound/#:~:text=Closed cell foam does absorb,open and closed cell foam.
I used to setup my audio acoustics using advice from a site called sound deadner showdown. His deadner products worked pretty good too.

so, those cheap fans move fuckall for air lol but they get the leaves dancing so that's all that matters. the manufacturer also went to extra lengths to try and keep people like us from taking the guards off of them. one screw, three oversized notch tabs going towards the back from the front guard, and five side notches on the back guard holding the front guard. nothing a razor blade and a philips head can't handle.

glad the unislabs aren't heavily rooted yet. been down since Monday with some virus, barely back to feeling halfway decent this afternoon. got a couple of the fans set up, two more to trim down and set up. was planning on topping the plants again this evening and getting rid of any straggling suckers that will just prove problematic when the first major defoliation happens but i think i might wait till tomorrow. gotta pace oneself when recovering from illness at these older ages. it's too easy to relapse into sickness unfortunately.

since the plants didn't get any fresh solution they're showing some calcium and potassium deficiencies, were a lighter green but greened up after a couple hours since i ran some solution through the blocks. dropped the EC a touch and will kick off the automations this weekend after i reconfigure how I have my wiring situation.

I've been involved in the design and construction of a few iso booths and demo studios.

Careful with sound DEADENING because that can have unintended effects on audio quality to the person in the room. Too dead sounds weird. A fairly noted audio engineer told me once that the idea is not so much to deaden the room as it is to keep reflections from running into each other.

Sounds like you're looking for more Iso booth acoustics rather than studio acoustics. Control room acoustics are more aimed at controlling reflections than sound deadening. It's all about frequency control.

You probably already know that if you look on an oscilloscope, bass notes have long hills and valleys whereas high notes have short hills and valleys. When these frequencies are traveling through a solid object it takes energy to push through them. The high frequency notes expend their energy trying to get through the wall and die whereas the low notes easily penetrate the wall because they don't have to travel as far through the wall. Controlling high frequency notes is simple. It's the low frequency notes that are the hardest to dissipate energy from. Too hard a surface to dissipate their energy will result in too much reverberation whereas too soft and the sound will get through.

Since sound travels through air your first step is to seal your room the best you can taking special note at the problem areas like doors and windows. I would add acoustical foam tiles on any of the wall and door surfaces that don't already have insulation in them. Stuff like hollow core doors that will reverberate. You could also hang a heavy curtain over your door and walls if needed to block out whatever frequency energy the walls weren't able to dissipate. Any heavily upholstered furniture is also good at improving acoustics in the room.

A friend and I DIYed a demo studio in his garage. He was a carpet layer so we used all the throw away carpet he got from jobs and hung them on the walls taking care to offset the carpet from the wall with a 2 x 4 to create an air pocket between the wall and the carpet. When we finished, he setup his drum kit and I went outside to check how soundproof the install was. You could barely hear his kick drum from about 10 ft away but other than that the ambient street noise drowned out what little noise escaped.

If you want to get fancy you can upholster your walls.
The 49 GM has pigskin office walls, maybe pricey but smells great, cork also has some nice properties for posting charts et al

Went to run the fertigation, because I'm doing one time a day right now, and.... well, the girls are unhappy.
PXL_20230916_045110628.jpg
so, i pulled samples from all six slabs and checked the pH and EC...
PXL_20230916_045008883.jpg
well, fuck. I'd be unhappy in 2.5 pH too. They're eating whatever is available, but the EC was swinging all over in the sample, from 100ppm to 1600ppm, the meter wouldn't settled. So, flushed the rest of the res that was stable at 6.0 (which is .5 pH higher than yesterday when I mixed it) and 0.8 EC. Will mix a new res tomorrow, repeat the cycle, do a solid flush through, and recheck the slabs.

holy shit man. 2.5 pH. Being sick this week fucked a few different things up. This is one of those times I tap in @Dirtbag to tell me how not to fuck up lol

edit: yes, i need to calibrate my pen. solution to do so is en route. drop confirmed this finding (way past the lowest the color tab range indicates on the low side).

Last edited:
Went to run the fertigation, because I'm doing one time a day right now, and.... well, the girls are unhappy.
View attachment 21490
so, i pulled samples from all six slabs and checked the pH and EC...
View attachment 21491
well, fuck. I'd be unhappy in 2.5 pH too. They're eating whatever is available, but the EC was swinging all over in the sample, from 100ppm to 1600ppm, the meter wouldn't settled. So, flushed the rest of the res that was stable at 6.0 (which is .5 pH higher than yesterday when I mixed it) and 0.8 EC. Will mix a new res tomorrow, repeat the cycle, do a solid flush through, and recheck the slabs.

holy shit man. 2.5 pH. Being sick this week fucked a few different things up. This is one of those times I tap in @Dirtbag to tell me how not to fuck up lol

edit: yes, i need to calibrate my pen. solution to do so is en route. drop confirmed this finding (way past the lowest the color tab range indicates on the low side).
How do you draw a sample?

VPD is 0.64, so ideal for this stage.at canopy height ppfd is ~642, dli ~42

EC is on point (i'm assuming -- no symptoms of it not being such), the pH just nosedived.

I'm concerned once again about the protekt because that shit fucked me in my dutch bucket system too with what i suspect is anaerobic bacteria. I fear it's happening again, simply because the res was cloudy, too, and some bubbles were on top, despite putting in h2o2 per my standard res prep process.

so tomorrow morning I'll pull the res out, scrub it down with bleach and prep a fresh one, run a full res through the slabs, then prepare the feed res for the next few days.

How do you draw a sample?
place a broad tip syringe against the surface of the wool and gently pull the plunger. you'll pull a lot of air, but you'll extract some of the solution as well. point the syringe up, push the plunger to purge air, repeat. Using a 10ml syringe I tend to be able to get enough juice from three slabs to fill the 10ml, then purge that sample into a collection jar, then repeat on the other three, and combine the samples.

VPD is 0.64, so ideal for this stage.at canopy height ppfd is ~642, dli ~42

EC is on point (i'm assuming -- no symptoms of it not being such), the pH just nosedived.

I'm concerned once again about the protekt because that shit fucked me in my dutch bucket system too with what i suspect is anaerobic bacteria. I fear it's happening again, simply because the res was cloudy, too, and some bubbles were on top, despite putting in h2o2 per my standard res prep process.

so tomorrow morning I'll pull the res out, scrub it down with bleach and prep a fresh one, run a full res through the slabs, then prepare the feed res for the next few days.

place a broad tip syringe against the surface of the wool and gently pull the plunger. you'll pull a lot of air, but you'll extract some of the solution as well. point the syringe up, push the plunger to purge air, repeat. Using a 10ml syringe I tend to be able to get enough juice from three slabs to fill the 10ml, then purge that sample into a collection jar, then repeat on the other three, and combine the samples.
Protekt?

woke up thinking about this pH thing. hopefully the rockwool structures aren't fucked. pH lower than 4.0 is reported to wreck the fibers. on with the day, gents! will post back this evening!

Look into mechanical decoupling and mass loading for room isolation. I've used a lot of techniques for acoustics and isolation, but when a room absolutely needed to be contained, (high end movie theaters inside high-rise luxury condo applications, for example) room inside a room construction and mass loaded walls every time.

Back
Top Bottom