I hear ya. I don't do NSAID's if i can avoid it, but flexoril actually works for me. Sometimes only need 1 to relax the back and shit pops back into place and I'm pain free for months/years again.
Taking methocarbamol now and it's not doing shit.
I find it a shame that the drugs that work also have a tendency to be abused. When you have really serious pain from a trauma, an opiate is all that works. For my bad back, the odd benzo is the only thing I've found that gets me moving again.

I might ask about that one as I got to see him anyway. Thank you.

I hate how it hits you out of nowhere. Went shopping with my wife. Get out of the car. Bam. Walking around like I shit myself grocery shopping. 🤦

I hate how it hits you out of nowhere. Went shopping with my wife. Get out of the car. Bam. Walking around like I shit myself grocery shopping. 🤦
Totally. Sometimes mine goes out just reaching for the coffee pot or something stupid. Been walking like I'm holding back a massive poo for 3 days now. We all know the look.. slightly leaned forward, ass out, small shuffle steps.

If you have a thing for pills be careful with flexoril. It can also be very habit forming, the stuff is extremely pleasant feeling. Melt into the sofa type of thing.

Totally. Sometimes mine goes out just reaching for the coffee pot or something stupid.
Exactly. No warning. Not even exerting yourself.

Been walking like I'm holding back a massive poo for 3 days now. We all know the look.. slightly leaned forward, ass out, small shuffle steps.

The penguin walk. Know it too well now.

If you have a thing for pills be careful with flexoril. It can also be very habit forming, the stuff is extremely pleasant feeling. Melt into the sofa type of thing.

Thankfully no. Just saw to many friend and elderly when I was a kid. Read how most do nasty things to liver, kidneys and other lovely side effects.

I lose a leg in a motorcycle accident please pass the freakin pain killers. 🤣
Had a single mom growing up. Meds got saved until needed.

I hear ya. I don't do NSAID's if i can avoid it, but flexoril actually works for me. Sometimes only need 1 to relax the back and shit pops back into place and I'm pain free for months/years again.
Taking methocarbamol now and it's not doing shit.
I find it a shame that the drugs that work also have a tendency to be abused. When you have really serious pain from a trauma, an opiate is all that works. For my bad back, the odd benzo is the only thing I've found that gets me moving again.
What I've found with methocarbamol is it takes some time to build up in your system before it starts doing shit. Then, when you take it, it just knocks you out. Definitely not the most effective drug.

What I've found with methocarbamol is it takes some time to build up in your system before it starts doing shit. Then, when you take it, it just knocks you out. Definitely not the most effective drug.

Apologize for littering in the cave. Forget where I’m posting at times. 😝

Honeywell Turbo Force oscillator tickling the plants.

View attachment 28518
I used these Honeywell fans for a long time. The old pictures are terrible and unfortunately they are all gone now. I took the base off and hillbilly fabricated a piece of Aluminum Flat bar to hold them on all 4 corner tent poles to save space and so that they easily slid up and down the tent poles to adjust for the canopy height.

I think only 1 lasted longer that 2 years. the new ACI oscillating 6” clip fans come with a 3 year no questions asked warranty and have 10 speeds. They are a little pricey but in my opinion worth it.

Just my 2 centavos about tent fans.
IMG_4767.jpegIMG_4768.jpegIMG_4769.jpeg

I used these Honeywell fans for a long time. The old pictures are terrible and unfortunately they are all gone now. I took the base off and hillbilly fabricated a piece of Aluminum Flat bar to hold them on all 4 corner tent poles to save space and so that they easily slid up and down the tent poles to adjust for the canopy height.

I think only 1 lasted longer that 2 years. the new ACI oscillating 6” clip fans come with a 3 year no questions asked warranty and have 10 speeds. They are a little pricey but in my opinion worth it.

Just my 2 centavos about tent fans.
View attachment 28619View attachment 28620View attachment 28621
i was using L brackets for fan mounts the past few years but with the cheapies i bought, they have pole clips that seem to be doing OK.

i don't think I'm gonna hit my target yield this run. I don't think I'm gonna hit what I hit last round even. Probably around 1.5lbs this go unless the plants decide to do something i can't anticipate. The flower set is just smaller, and a lot aren't in prime view of light. it is what it is. Should've known better than gunning for the field goal in a new environment, even if it's all the same equipment. The flower set just doesn't look like it's gonna produce with less than thumb width budsets. We'll see.

Apologize for littering in the cave. Forget where I’m posting at times. 😝
meant to say this earlier, but i was on mobile and replying on the phone is way too tedious.

dump whatever here, my guy. it's the troll cave. there's the NSFW adult thread, but I like to think this is an equally safe place. it'd be cool if the mods could mark this thread as unscrapable in the robots.txt and block it from non-members, but I'm not sure what that'd entail.

i was using L brackets for fan mounts the past few years but with the cheapies i bought, they have pole clips that seem to be doing OK.

i don't think I'm gonna hit my target yield this run. I don't think I'm gonna hit what I hit last round even. Probably around 1.5lbs this go unless the plants decide to do something i can't anticipate. The flower set is just smaller, and a lot aren't in prime view of light. it is what it is. Should've known better than gunning for the field goal in a new environment, even if it's all the same equipment. The flower set just doesn't look like it's gonna produce with less than thumb width budsets. We'll see.
I bet a dollar to a donut you do better than my hopes and my dreams were for my my first run with same equipment going back into a new FANCY all problems solved remodeled room. DAMNIT!

If it was easy everyone would do it I guess! When i hit a home run I think I’m the best in the west! Unfortunately most MLB players as well as growers are badass if they hit over 300 or 3/10 for people that are not baseball fans.
As BAMA says persevere of perish!
another BAMAism is you need intestinal fortitude if you wanna grow!

It’s just a hobby right?

Peace

Build your intestinal fortitude guys😜

Obviously easier said than done! Ha

Honest to goodness, for the health of your back, do plank exercises and leg lifts.
A significant amount of back trouble is weak abdominal muscles. Once you're past the ab issues though, it's probably big meds to fix it! :(
Usually I'll have one or two stretches each year, about 7 - 10 days when I can hardly walk. Making my abs a priority over the past 3 years, I haven't had a single disabling back issue, but it does ache constantly (and probably always will), just not disabling pain now.

I bet a dollar to a donut you do better than my hopes and my dreams were for my my first run with same equipment going back into a new FANCY all problems solved remodeled room. DAMNIT!

If it was easy everyone would do it I guess! When i hit a home run I think I’m the best in the west! Unfortunately most MLB players as well as growers are badass if they hit over 300 or 3/10 for people that are not baseball fans.

It’s just a hobby right?

Peace
Yep And a great one Not sure the wife shares my enthusiasm

It’s just a hobby right?

Peace
Growers lament...... 🤣

Just passed week 6. Still no PK boost as they're not moving as fast as anticipated. Lots of color shift, thinking due to the temps that I can't keep up enough. These damn nights getting into the 20s is taking it's toll on the electric bill.PXL_20231127_201022352.jpgPXL_20231127_201032913.jpgPXL_20231127_201038088.jpgPXL_20231127_201056410.jpg

Looking real good man!👍

I’m just starting day 30 in an hour…not looking this nice! Yet. 🤣

Can’t wait to see the final day before chop.
i ended up doing some research on the strain. can't find any grow journals specific to it, so seed finder gleaned some valuable info. flowering time is 64-74 days, with the single commenter recommending running to the full 10 weeks. So I started the pk boost yesterday. Damn near missed the window as the green pheno has started its senescence phase which IME is the telltale it's now or never to get the PK boost in, in time.

0.4 EC base nutes and the rest made up with MOAB to a total of 1.3 EC. Should see a fairly decent bump in flower development over the next couple weeks.

i ended up doing some research on the strain. can't find any grow journals specific to it, so seed finder gleaned some valuable info. flowering time is 64-74 days, with the single commenter recommending running to the full 10 weeks.
I’ve found mid 60’s to mid 70’s good as well. Depending on desired effect.

Unfortunately I have no idea what I’ve got other than it does the job well and it’s about 70% Sativa. IMO

Other than adding 3-6-12 one or two feedings in 6th week I haven’t tried any boost. Only now able to go a run without leaf burn.

So I started the pk boost yesterday. Damn near missed the window as the green pheno has started its senescence phase which IME is the telltale it's now or never to get the PK boost in, in time.
By the time I see the signs and act it’s usually a little late. How can you tell it was ready or about to start dying I guess?

0.4 EC base nutes and the rest made up with MOAB to a total of 1.3 EC. Should see a fairly decent bump in flower development over the next couple weeks.
Cool, I’ll be checking in. Nearest to my strain I’ve seen here.

I haven’t checked EC, PPM or PH the last few grows. Worrying about everything and chasing issues bogged me down. Now it’s only when I have an issue I run for the toys. (LUX meter I use a few times each grow)

Once I get a few more grows under my belt just watching and trying things I’ll start checking and tweaking more. Use the tools to dial things in better.

Until then watching you guys and asking questions is fine.

Going for a nonBBQ finish this go round. 👍

meant to say this earlier, but i was on mobile and replying on the phone is way too tedious.

dump whatever here, my guy. it's the troll cave. there's the NSFW adult thread, but I like to think this is an equally safe place. it'd be cool if the mods could mark this thread as unscrapable in the robots.txt and block it from non-members, but I'm not sure what that'd entail.
I can't post pic's without my phone and I don't like using it for much either. Cheers tobh following the thread, SSgrower

By the time I see the signs and act it’s usually a little late. How can you tell it was ready or about to start dying I guess?
primarly i watch for three things: pistils dying and receding in the bracts, the bracts swelling, and the leaves beginning to fade or change color.

I still feel like I'm a little early on the MOAB but the plants show two of three indicators that it's time, so there's really no harm in being a few days early vs a few days late.

this round i've only been checking EC and pH of the res after mixing, and that's only because of a new water source that I'm still adjusting to. where i was previously was on city water that i didn't know the source of, and also was aware that it was heavily processed. averaged ~150ppm out of the tap. this new place the water won't even register on the truncheon meter and my cheapo amazon TDS meter said it was ~60ppm, and the source is from two of the local rivers with much less processing done to the water before it hits my tap. I've only checked runoff a handful of times and only checked the media once at the beginning of flower just to make sure the drybacks weren't introducing excess salt buildup.

I've also ran slightly lighter feed per my notes this round. I only hit 1.6 EC for a week about two weeks ago, otherwise I've been running at 1.3-1.4. Plants haven't seemed to mind and are taking the lights at 100% just fine. The quantum boards might be getting tired, though, as I've never been able to run 100% without some calcium def showing up.

all part of the dialing process. if i manage to not dehydrate the plants before harvest this run will have set a good baseline for this new environment and I'll be able to continue improving it while I stack the cash to build the dedicated room. it's always a learning experience man.

Back
Top Bottom