True Confessions of an American Outlaw

i never seen triple coly leaves!!

hey how was the monster truck show? was that the one with the lights you posted?

ribs looked killer!!! if only they had the smoke flavor those sv would be perfect... the flavor and tender bite kinda makes ya forget the smoke though.. i've seen peeps smoke a little first before vac sealing. idk.. mine drip like crazy when i first smoke em, maybe if i could catch that and seal it in the bag with them i might try.. i tried the liquid smoke but don't think i used enough, i put three gentle shakes per rack and couldn't taste anything good or bad just no smoke taste.

mmm gumbo!!!! bro i hadn't had gumbo in long time!!! i know beans are out in chili but do you put okra in your gumbo?

without it, it's just sadness soup imo.... :LOL:

Man it aint a gumbo without the okra! That's like mandatory! I've even had just okra gumbo as a vegan option.

When I sous vide a brisket I smoked it after to finish it off so that another way to add smoke flavor.
I can't remember the exact time and temp but it was Gugas recipe.
I didn't get a bark and just a minimal smoke ring but you couldn't tell it was SV and woulda thought it had been smoked for 12 hours with the flavor and break down of the collagen.

Speaking of sous vide have you seen things like pies and cheesecakes done in SV?
The queso I did was so good so now I wanna do a cheesecake and key lime pie. You basically make them personal sized in small jars then add the berry topping before serving. These will be on my super bowl menu along with another green chili 5 cheese queso

Good ol Monster Truck rally on a Sunday Sunday Sunday!!!!🛻🛻🛻

View attachment IMG_0530.MOV

View attachment IMG_0531.MOV

View attachment IMG_0529.MOV

Truckasaurus was in the house!🐉

View attachment IMG_0538.MOV

And there was a bonus freestyle motox show

View attachment IMG_0541.MOV

Overall it was good and fun. Two trucks broke down and the arena coulda been bigger but it did give me my fix of loud engines and that sweet smell of high octane fuel burning🔥

You dont have USB-C cables all over?? Thats all i can ever find here at my place, when i need a micro or the mini usb, i can NEVER find any lol.

Nope! We need to trade because I only have one USB-C and tons of micro USB. And lots more of whatever that fucking thing is for apple devices.
I tell ya man...these tech asshats need to huddle up and figure out one cord for everything. Fucking nerds making all these stupid cords for us to lose and collect, having a dozen but not one fits the device I need it to fit. It's bullshit!! 🤬

Nope! We need to trade because I only have one USB-C and tons of micro USB. And lots more of whatever that fucking thing is for apple devices.
I tell ya man...these tech asshats need to huddle up and figure out one cord for everything. Fucking nerds making all these stupid cords for us to lose and collect, having a dozen but not one fits the device I need it to fit. It's bullshit!! 🤬
I think they might be getting to that finally and its gonna be USB-C imo. Even the newest iPhone has a USB-C plug now.

Usb-c 3.0 at 20-35w is insanely fast charging btw lol.

Man it aint a gumbo without the okra! That's like mandatory! I've even had just okra gumbo as a vegan option.

When I sous vide a brisket I smoked it after to finish it off so that another way to add smoke flavor.
I can't remember the exact time and temp but it was Gugas recipe.
I didn't get a bark and just a minimal smoke ring but you couldn't tell it was SV and woulda thought it had been smoked for 12 hours with the flavor and break down of the collagen.

Speaking of sous vide have you seen things like pies and cheesecakes done in SV?
The queso I did was so good so now I wanna do a cheesecake and key lime pie. You basically make them personal sized in small jars then add the berry topping before serving. These will be on my super bowl menu along with another green chili 5 cheese queso

Good ol Monster Truck rally on a Sunday Sunday Sunday!!!!🛻🛻🛻

View attachment 39730

View attachment 39731

View attachment 39727

Truckasaurus was in the house!🐉

View attachment 39728

And there was a bonus freestyle motox show

View attachment 39729

Overall it was good and fun. Two trucks broke down and the arena coulda been bigger but it did give me my fix of loud engines and that sweet smell of high octane fuel burning🔥

wait they make a vagi-terian gumbo?!?! man that's as bad as meatless chili!!!

man a cheesecake?!?! that's crazy cool!!!! i was gonna buy a cheesecake around the holidays and the price was $36.. nope!!
i'd be interested in making one though!!!

that london broil i did was so perfect!! still snacking on leftovers from it!! if it didn't turn out so good i would have chopped it up in the chili. i have three more of those LB's in the freezer!!! i normally use em for jerky... not no more!!!

oh something else i've been wanting to tell ya... now i know McCormic spices are not approved by culinary tops but man that cajun season i bought.. damn that stuff is my new all spice!!! i put it on sandwiches, pizza, steaks.. i even sprinkled a little on chocolate ice cream!!! i used a good third of it already!! haha

monster trucks look fun as hell... yeah the sound would be enough to get me going pretty good!!!

can't wait for nascar man... itchin so bad!!! can't wait to see em warming up the tires getting ready to go green!!!! yeah baby!!!!

I think they might be getting to that finally and its gonna be USB-C imo. Even the newest iPhone has a USB-C plug now.

Usb-c 3.0 at 20-35w is insanely fast charging btw lol.

Figure that today while looking thru boxes for something else I came acorss a ziploc baggie with a half dozen or so USB-C cords 😵‍💫

wait they make a vagi-terian gumbo?!?! man that's as bad as meatless chili!!!

man a cheesecake?!?! that's crazy cool!!!! i was gonna buy a cheesecake around the holidays and the price was $36.. nope!!
i'd be interested in making one though!!!

that london broil i did was so perfect!! still snacking on leftovers from it!! if it didn't turn out so good i would have chopped it up in the chili. i have three more of those LB's in the freezer!!! i normally use em for jerky... not no more!!!

oh something else i've been wanting to tell ya... now i know McCormic spices are not approved by culinary tops but man that cajun season i bought.. damn that stuff is my new all spice!!! i put it on sandwiches, pizza, steaks.. i even sprinkled a little on chocolate ice cream!!! i used a good third of it already!! haha

monster trucks look fun as hell... yeah the sound would be enough to get me going pretty good!!!

can't wait for nascar man... itchin so bad!!! can't wait to see em warming up the tires getting ready to go green!!!! yeah baby!!!!

I've been getting my racing fix from FS1 and the DVR. There's a program called NASCAR's Greatest Races and it's pretty much a lot of good races thru the 80s to now. For me it's like watching live because I have no idea who won or what happened. It's the whole thing too...cautions and all so it's still a 3 hour race but I FFW thru commercials.
Watched one the other day where Logano and Hamlin took each other out at the finish and Dongle Nozzle got the win but even better was the post race where Tony Stewart got out and punched Logano.:ROFLMAO:

Man I wanna do a London Broil so bad! Grocery store has been sucking here lately on beef and pork so I'm gonna head out to the butcher shop and grab my ground beef for burgers and see if they have a LB.
And Dude yeah McCormik stuff is really good! I'll put their Montreal Steak Seasoning up against any fancy steak rub in my cupboard. I'll try other and buy the small 4oz canister but for that MSS I buy it in bulk at Costco hahaha! Also keep McC taco seasoning and garlic powder with parsley in bulk in the cupboard

IMG_6332.JPG

So early in the week during inspection I noticed a lone wee tiny flying bug. Thought nothing of it, grabbed my electric fly swatter and got it.
Then a couple days ago I saw another and did the same.
Then yesterday while watering I stirred up maybe a half dozen or so and they went airborne.

Ok...so some gnats wanna come in from the cold and set up shop huh?
I probably treat this sitchyation a bit different than most I guess you can say.

We're gonna do this Bronx Tale style. I asked them to leave and they refused. Now they can't leave

3d1b7fe1c4e4b650f38243bc632812ea.gif

IMG_6330.JPG

Aerosol tangle foot has a chemical aroma that's quite off putting but it does off gas after about an hour and doesn't smell.

I'm also using orange oil @ 1oz/ 1/2quart of water.

IMG_6328.JPG

Each and every airpot was pulled up and sprayed on the outside to kill and repel.
I also poured some of the solution into the tray to flow thru the channels basically poisoning the collected water they seem to be thinking was a spa at Club Med. Imagine a swimming pool filled with battery acid. That's what they deserved and that's what they got.

Up top I deployed some DIY gnat traps made with a little special sadistic touch

IMG_6335.JPG

IMG_6336.JPG

IMG_6333.JPG

This morning I added a tombstone trap and the second skull n bones trap. I have one more tombstone on the printer now and will also be deployed.
Overnight, I picked up a few customers on the cups and a skull n bones.

IMG_6338.JPG

IMG_6341.JPG

This morning upon inspection there were not any fliers and I rattled every pot and shook the tray a bit. Nothing.
So hopefully I got ahead of them and now they'll want nothing to do with this room or these pots.
I'll keep the traps open for business and do another spray in a couple days and repeat until there's nothing new in the traps

Figure that today while looking thru boxes for something else I came acorss a ziploc baggie with a half dozen or so USB-C cords 😵‍💫
Lmao i knew you had to have some somewhere, like 99% of newer electronic stuff comes with usbc, evem the new vapes and stuff are usbc.

So i have boxes with bags of micro and mini usb plugs, think i can find the box? Fekk nawwhhh, its prolly in my storage unit 30 fkn miles from here😤😑

I've been getting my racing fix from FS1 and the DVR. There's a program called NASCAR's Greatest Races and it's pretty much a lot of good races thru the 80s to now. For me it's like watching live because I have no idea who won or what happened. It's the whole thing too...cautions and all so it's still a 3 hour race but I FFW thru commercials.
Watched one the other day where Logano and Hamlin took each other out at the finish and Dongle Nozzle got the win but even better was the post race where Tony Stewart got out and punched Logano.:ROFLMAO:

Man I wanna do a London Broil so bad! Grocery store has been sucking here lately on beef and pork so I'm gonna head out to the butcher shop and grab my ground beef for burgers and see if they have a LB.
And Dude yeah McCormik stuff is really good! I'll put their Montreal Steak Seasoning up against any fancy steak rub in my cupboard. I'll try other and buy the small 4oz canister but for that MSS I buy it in bulk at Costco hahaha! Also keep McC taco seasoning and garlic powder with parsley in bulk in the cupboard

View attachment 39848

So early in the week during inspection I noticed a lone wee tiny flying bug. Thought nothing of it, grabbed my electric fly swatter and got it.
Then yesterday while watering I stirred up maybe a half dozen or so and they went airborne.

I probably treat this sitchyation a bit different than most I guess you can say.

We're gonna do this Bronx Tale style. I asked them to leave and they refused. Now they can't leave

View attachment 39854

View attachment 39847

Aerosol tangle foot has a chemical aroma that's quite off putting but it does off gas after about an hour and doesn't smell.

View attachment 39846

Each and every airpot was pulled up and sprayed on the outside to kill and repel.
I also poured some of the solution into the tray to flow thru the channels basically poisoning the collected water they seem to be thinking was a spa at Club Med. Imagine a swimming pool filled with battery acid. That's what they deserved and that's what they got.

View attachment 39850

View attachment 39851

View attachment 39849

This morning I added a tombstone trap and the second skull n bones trap. I have one more tombstone on the printer now and will also be deployed.

View attachment 39852

View attachment 39853

This morning upon inspection there were not any fliers and I rattled every pot and shook the tray a bit. Nothing.
So hopefully I got ahead of them and now they'll want nothing to do with this room or these pots.
I'll keep the traps open for business and do another spray in a couple days and repeat until there's nothing new in the traps
Mosquito bits FTW.

@steamroller taught me that. That shit just works. Bacteria that eats the larve and stops the cycle. Completely natural and no side effects.

I even use it prophylactically now.

Mosquito bits FTW.

@steamroller taught me that. That shit just works. Bacteria that eats the larve and stops the cycle. Completely natural and no side effects.

I even use it prophylactically now.
Have you tried the liquid bti moe? It was a game changer for me, the shit just works and I find it easier to work with than the bits.
1705735627371.png

I use skeeter dunks in my bog garden but indoors and for a lot of other pests it's orange oil.
It's not really discussed or even brought up in grower communities probably because it's an unknown and can be expensive depending on where you live. I think it's an IYKYK thing among organic farmers in Texas and will always be my go-to remedy for gnats, ants, fire ants, flies in the garbage etc. Diluted into the Garett Juice formula makes it a great foliar spray and caterpillar & mite deterrent.

Pleased to report no new customers on the traps and can't find a single flier anywhere.
The Great 40 hour gnat uprising of 2024 has been squashed.
The scent of orange still lingers too so I'm thinking they want nothing to do with this room now. To them, it's like walking into Chernobyl.
They'll have better success at life out in the freezing cold

I'm thinking by this time next week I might have this crop flipped. Maybe 10 days at the most? Some are coming out of the seedling stage and ready for regular vegging but I'm not gonna veg these past seedling stage. No veg, no pruning, no training..nothing. Just a straight shot to flowers.
There are some slow pokes that have me considering an auxiliary veg space to give them maybe another week and it could come in handy for future crops. Not sure yet but I do have the gear to do it. It's the real estate that I'm lacking.
Perhaps a 2'x4' stacked space in the footprint with the veg chamber underneath the flowering plants 🤔

IMG_6347.JPG

IMG_6348.JPG

Dang that's a lot of gas!!! 😵‍💫

IMG_6349.JPG

View attachment 39848

View attachment 39854

View attachment 39847

View attachment 39846

View attachment 39850

View attachment 39851

View attachment 39849

View attachment 39852

View attachment 39853

Second time today I read a thread with orange oil ! How come never heard this shit before - almost sounds to good yo be true ?

I use skeeter dunks in my bog garden but indoors and for a lot of other pests it's orange oil.
It's not really discussed or even brought up in grower communities probably because it's an unknown and can be expensive depending on where you live. I think it's an IYKYK thing among organic farmers in Texas and will always be my go-to remedy for gnats, ants, fire ants, flies in the garbage etc. Diluted into the Garett Juice formula makes it a great foliar spray and caterpillar & mite deterrent.

Pleased to report no new customers on the traps and can't find a single flier anywhere.
The Great 40 hour gnat uprising of 2024 has been squashed.
The scent of orange still lingers too so I'm thinking they want nothing to do with this room now. To them, it's like walking into Chernobyl.
They'll have better success at life out in the freezing cold

I'm thinking by this time next week I might have this crop flipped. Maybe 10 days at the most? Some are coming out of the seedling stage and ready for regular vegging but I'm not gonna veg these past seedling stage. No veg, no pruning, no training..nothing. Just a straight shot to flowers.
There are some slow pokes that have me considering an auxiliary veg space to give them maybe another week and it could come in handy for future crops. Not sure yet but I do have the gear to do it. It's the real estate that I'm lacking.
Perhaps a 2'x4' stacked space in the footprint with the veg chamber underneath the flowering plants 🤔

View attachment 40134

View attachment 40135

Dang that's a lot of gas!!! 😵‍💫

View attachment 40136
I just recycled a 55 gallon drum of that orange oil - fuck should have saved a gallon or two ! Didn’t even have a clue what it was used for

Second time today I read a thread with orange oil ! How come never heard this shit before - almost sounds to good yo be true ?

There's two types, horticulture grade and what you might find to clean oil and grease. Horticulture grade can be used to clean but the industrial cleaner cannot be used for horticulture has always been my understanding of it.

It's expensive outside of Texas and in big box stores, usually around $30/quart but Medina is local for me and I get it at $15/quart

Looks like our Dip-N-Stix are right it line with each other. I believe we sprouted around the same time too. Yours is a lot more short and squat. Mine's got some legs on her.

Yeah I've been lurking in on yours seeing what ya got going. Indeed growth look about even. I have four total DPNSTX and they're up there as some of the best in the lot. No issues at all and have been ez going.
I cant recall what you have for light but a stretch would probably be light related IMO. I have these CLWs on a really good spectrum that keeps 'em squatty with fat biomass in the leaves and also prolific root growth. Since this is a no vegging grow I've pulled out my entire tool box of tricks to make the most of this seedling stage and my lights are probably my best ace up the sleeve in those regards getting that look in the youngsters

That is high CO2 you got there.
Most who add stick to around 1500.
5000 is bad news for people as I understand. Be mindful.
Psyched to see how these grow when flipped.

Green flag coming soon~! 🏎️🏎️🏎️

That is high CO2 you got there.
Most who add stick to around 1500.
5000 is bad news for people as I understand. Be mindful.
Psyched to see how these grow when flipped.

Green flag coming soon~! 🏎️🏎️🏎️

That's about max in regards to what my fireplace produces. It was 31 this morning so the ol fireplace got a lot more run time than usual.
Fireplace has been off for almost an hour and it's steady dropping back to normal. Right now it's 909ppm and about an hour from now will probably be in the 5-600 range and hold there.

Freek flag went out this morning!

IMG_6350.JPG

Neighbor watching me take the Longhorn flag down and hang that was looking at me like....

giphy.gif

He don't realize it yet but I still have the team flag and waiting for Gragson's #10 flag to come out too. Gonna be like the United Nations of NASCAR out on that fence 😋

I think I have a solution for an auxiliary veg space in the room. Now I just need to squeeze out 24"x24"x32" of space somewhere since it'll be here Monday.
If I'm not careful I could be diving right back into perpetual growing again🙃

clone tent.png

tdg6.gif

Just set up my little 2x4~! :p

I think I have a solution for an auxiliary veg space in the room. Now I just need to squeeze out 24"x24"x32" of space somewhere since it'll be here Monday.
If I'm not careful I could be diving right back into perpetual growing again🙃

View attachment 40175
It’s never enuff - should have ordered 3 lmao

View attachment 39848

View attachment 39854

View attachment 39847

View attachment 39846

View attachment 39850

View attachment 39851

View attachment 39849

View attachment 39852

View attachment 39853

I thought this video summed up your gnat vs bandit death match very well.......

You're Rorschach and the inmates are the gnats.

Gonna be like the United Nations of NASCAR out on that fence 😋

as it should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so late night post, two things.. one i made SV cheeseburgers... i don't use OMG much but bro!!! i'm thinking of opening a stand at the hamburg burger festival!!! no resting, no juices breathing in and out, just perfect temps throughout!! it would be so easy too... "clean n green" cooking, all the earth people would buy from ya.. have a few SV tubs, one for each temp. cooks in like 30 minutes so it would be easy to keep up with demand, almost impossible to overcook so would never have a dry or wasted burger... i'm trying to find a negative but i can't!!

second...

TPU dab jars... any style, type, configuration, color... any imagination... a pallet the goes around the peaks glass... anything!!!!!!!!

i wanted a multi strain one so i went with the highly creative rectangle in black!!! :ROFLMAO:

007.JPG

but think of all the possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- looks good with my murdered out rolling tray!!!! -- :cool:

When I started 3D printing with TPU I hated it. Now that I've figured out it's settings, best there is for almost everything!

And if you like PEI beds you'll love what a PEI bed with specular surface can do to a print.

IMG_6382.JPG

Makes it like mirrored glass!
I'm using it for an art project doing Texas tracks

There actually is a food truck here that does SV burgers and he's considered one of the best, top 3, in the city. They're huge too!

Need for new rolling trays must be in the air? This is my new bag loader tray but that murder Raw is baddass!

IMG_6386.JPG

I found a place for the new holdover tent and wait for it......It's inside another tent. 😵‍💫

IMG_6364.JPG

My old veg tent that's now a storage and drying tent has this void in the middle so I set up a table and put the small tent on it basically taking up the last bit of empty space in the room. When it comes time to dry weed again I'll have to take the tent out

The equipment going in is just a bunch of spare parts really.
I've taken the CLW UV light system and rebuilt it to be a five lamp, 2' T5HO fixture sized to fit the tent.

I thought I could add another two lamp t5ho for more light and coverage but once these lights get inside the tent, space gets gobbled up fast so the 5 lamps and exhaust fan pretty much took up all the ceiling space.

Timer is an old school analog
Exhaust fan is the 3" inline that didn't work on my seed sorter and is finding use in this project

Assembled the tent frame and built the light system into the frame using two inverted SS550 outriggers and some zipties

IMG_6369.JPG

We got action!
3 perfect par vegs + 1 bloom + 1 6400K white

IMG_6371.JPG

Fully assembled with tent cover in place and exhaust fan installed

IMG_6375.JPG

First 3 customers that likely won't make the cut into flower are getting a second chance at life in this thing

IMG_6378.JPG

Today I'd be fine flipping 7 of these little ladies but I wanna see more from the rest of the herd.
Not ez getting this many to all do the same thing

IMG_6380.JPG

Last edited:
I'll be picking up a press from Harbor Freight this weekend so I can get that press operable. I've got 4 ounces of larf and trim that needs squished.
Buddy I got a couple bottle jack presses built into metal floor stands if you want one. All it needs is plates and it will look like the one mosh has. I can get you a pic tomorrow.

Bandit I fell in love with tpu too after Stoney learned me up on it.

Funny good thing I proofread autocorrect had me in love with you not tpu.

Back
Top Bottom