Shakin' off the rust

It’s like the cheese seeds arnt that good man.the weird variegated looking one appears like it’s not going to throw out propper leaves also..

Some funky work tunes to wrap up the day.
Feels like Friday kinda lol. Stupid Tuesdays.

The new lemon pie seed is up and growing, and the other LP and 2 ultra mass look decent.
20240430_195120.jpg

The new cheese seedling got to the surface but couldn't shed the shell and didn't move for 2 days. Intervened today and got orthopedic on it, was not easy to remove. Prognosis is not good. All the cheese seeds are lookin pretty shit.20240430_195133.jpg

The variegated ones trying to grow out of the funk.i didn’t think she was going to throw out anymore leaves lol..how’s the weather in your neck of the woods.

The variegated ones trying to grow out of the funk.i didn’t think she was going to throw out anymore leaves lol..how’s the weather in your neck of the woods.
Yeah its doing something. I've grown some dank variegated plants before.. see what happens.
Weather has been.. weird. Still kinda cool. Should be ok for putting plants out in a couple weeks tho.

Looks like decent weather is finally here, I'll be putting this motley crew outside this week. They will be happy, I think they were feeling somewhat neglected behind the computer monitor (they were 100% neglected.)

Cheese is starting to pull out of its funk and is putting out normal looking leaves now, and one of the ultra mass looks kinda hurtin. I'll probably pot the older ones up into their final home when they go outside permanently. The baby cheese and lemon pie will need another couple weeks before being re-planted.
They'll be getting a couple hrs of outside playtime the next couple days to get used to the lux.

Screenshot_20240506-104649_Samsung Internet.jpg20240506_104739.jpg

I guess I should pot these up... its getting kinda rooty in here. Wasnt really expecting this, with such mediocre top growth 20240507_140738.jpg

Another one of the stoopid Oasis genetics plants is looking like someone shit in its pot. Not the happiest plant, don't know what's up but looks like it's getting Calcium deficiency, likely locked up from just pouring goddamn tap water Into the cups instead of PH'd nutrient solution lol. God im a careless shitty grower now, and I don't even really give a damn haha. The lemon pie still looking dope, the other Ultra mass looks good, wee ones are good. Up potting and putting them outside for good should help hopefully, but being autos, who knows. I'm not exactly playing by the rules here

Lemon pie
20240507_140619.jpg

20240506_144018.jpg

Sad face Ultra mass. More like Ultra fart noises. Not overwatered, I swear haha. It's only been fully watered once and is drying back nicely, but all spotty and shit, going pale on the lowers. I think i know why, but i dont really care. Only the strongest survive! Or something.

follow for more helpful gardening tips!
20240507_140551.jpg

Four of them are in their forever home, 3 gallon fabric pots were decided upon, and the media is promix HP. Gave them a soak in plain water to saturate then fed a light dose of fertilizer. Using floranova grow for noots, it's easy, and it works very well in my experience.

Promix seems different than I remember, it's a lot finer and seems to have a lot more perlite than it used to. Looks like almost 40% perlite, a lot of fine perlite and some of it is coarse. Seems to me the HP used to have more peat. But I always used to add perlite, so this looks good to me. Looks like a better product than I remember.

See how she goes bud.

20240511_180208.jpg20240511_180149.jpg

Figured I'd share some pics of my lawn from today. This is the only green I've been growing the past couple years lol. Thick mix of annual bluegrass and perennial rye. Almost looks like artificial turf up close in in the bluegrass patches. Super dense, gonna feel badass barefoot.
Thinking about topdressing with sand soon and levelling so I can switch to a reel mower. I have a nice greensmaster 1000 I'd like to put to work.

20240511_175250.jpg
20240511_181309.jpg

Last edited:
Figured I'd share some pics of my lawn from today. This is the only green I've been growing the past couple years lol. Thick mix of annual bluegrass and perennial rye. Almost looks like artificial turf up close in in the bluegrass patches. Super dense, gonna feel badass barefoot.
Thinking about topdressing with sand soon and levelling so I can switch to a reel mower. I have a nice greensmaster 1000 I'd like to put to work.

View attachment 57425
View attachment 57427
By the looks of it, my lawn would make you cry 😅
It's got holes, bare spots, giant patches of weeds, wild flowers, it's like a brush field 😂

By the looks of it, my lawn would make you cry 😅
It's got holes, bare spots, giant patches of weeds, wild flowers, it's like a brush field 😂
Haha, nah man whatever floats your boat, sounds like most yards around here. Not everyone wants grass like this, or to put in the work to maintain it.
I'm very much an outlier, nobody around here does much to maintain their lawns.

I used to be a golf course superintendent and now i have a lawn care business, so I like to keep up my lawn for professional reasons. It also scratches my growing itch, since i havent been growing pot lately.

Last edited:
Haha, nah man whatever floats your boat, sounds like most yards around here. Not everyone wants grass like this, or to put in the work to maintain it.

I used to be a golf course superintendent and now i have a lawn care business, so I like to keep up my lawn for professional reasons. It also scratches my growing itch, since i havent been growing pot lately.
My landlord just plows all the snow down my yard and rips the hell out of it so there's no real point lol

Your lawn does look awesome.
I grew up living near a country club so spent tons of time on nice turf. (y)
I'd hire you if I saw that lawn man.
No other trade has what they practice. You know shoemaker with no shoes, roofer with bad roofs~! :oops:

Your lawn does look awesome.
I grew up living near a country club so spent tons of time on nice turf. (y)
I'd hire you if I saw that lawn man.
No other trade has what they practice. You know shoemaker with no shoes, roofer with bad roofs~! :oops:

Hahaha well let me tell you, when I was the superintendent of the golf course I didn't give a flying fuck about my lawn.

At work I was maintaining turf cut as low as .180" like this;FB_IMG_1674689654697.jpg

But my home lawn looked like this. I was the shoemaker, big time.Screenshot_20240512-094252_Gallery.jpg

But once I went into business I couldn't have a lawn like that visible to the public. So the yard kinda became my showroom if you will.
But then i put up a fence and now it doesnt even matter lol, i just do it for myself now.
Screenshot_20240512-094256_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Looking Good! (y)
You and I both know, they just look mediocre 😉 hahaha. But they'll come around quick now I think that they're outside and getting some fresh air and sunshine, some food and a bigger pot. Not proud of how they were reared but I got them to the show. Looking forward to seeing what unfolds over the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom