Zen_seeker’s DIY Mixmash

Lots of chores and yard clean-up on top of dealing with trimming and harvesting. Wife and son have both been a great help.

Sons buddy is home now and doing okay. He’ll be going over soon to visit.

Clip is getting chopped next weekend.
IMG_5354.jpegIMG_5355.jpegIMG_5356.jpegIMG_5357.jpeg

She was great help in testing mixes for Twin2. She might not be pretty but she’ll do the job.

Clone A and Northern Lights.
IMG_5358.jpeg

Once Clips done these two will be moved over to flower a week after a defoil. Quick tent cleanup first.

Also tried making hash for the second time. Nice.
IMG_5346.jpeg71954704115__E3CE2992-851B-46E3-A3ED-963AEF55480B.jpeg

Chores, the new way to avoid problems and stress. 🤣

After speaking with G$ and reading replies to my ISO issue we’re going to use the crockpot to burn off the ISO and see what’s left. The buds will be used for hash. Lemons to lemon aid sort of deal. It was only 1/3 of the harvest so we’ll write that up to a learning experience. 🤷‍♂️

Clone A and Northern Lights.
IMG_5359.jpeg

Once Clip is taken down these two move to the flower tent. After a quick clean up and defoil.

Still have one last bit of trimming from Twin2’s harvest. Tests good for effect but taste and smell need more time. Washing really muted things but they are coming back.

Clip might need a bit more time. Bunch more buds so we’ll see.
IMG_5364.jpegIMG_5365.jpeg

I have not been kind to this one. Experimented with nutrition, environment and light. She’s benefited in the end but the next generation and Twin2 improved greatly.

Wife called me outside yesterday after work. She found these tossed over the fence, hanging in our bush.
IMG_5366.jpeg

These are worth $80 + tax up here. Little TLC and will be like new. Not sure why or who but next time please leave under the gate. 🤣

We trimmed the big hedge earlier this month so I guess someone thought these might help. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 1698280635700.png
    1698280635700.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 1
IMG_5373.jpeg

The last of Twin2. I now suck at trimming. Every harvest I get worse now.

It used to be I could only taste a harsh smoke once in a while but now I’m just skipping leaves.

We mostly vape and I still haven’t gotten new glasses. Computer connection to the insurance company was down, twice now.

Just waiting for it to cure and then rejar in the small mason jars to give away.

ISO wash looked like burned coffee grounds. So that’s to be dumped.
72011267672__A5B2152C-514A-4FB0-AF66-38851CD3BDCA.jpeg

Clips next but we get a few days off. 👍

IMG_5379.jpegIMG_5378.jpeg
Clips coming down tomorrow.
Day 72 iirc.

IMG_5377.jpeg

Clone and Northern Lights. Once Clips down these get a defoil and moved to the flower tent.

Really like the look of the NL. No issues or colour changes. No droop or tip issues either. Interesting to see if I run into usual flower problems or if it was strain related.

PITA but done. They can rest a few days while we deal with Clip before the move.

IMG_5380.jpegIMG_5384.jpegIMG_5385.jpeg

NL:
IMG_5381.jpegIMG_5382.jpegIMG_5383.jpeg

Back to yard work. Apparently more leaves have fallen…

Planning to flip in a few days. This was as far as I dare. Didn’t want to just lollipop either.

Not sure how a sativa and Indica are going to flower together yet but with LST we’ll see.

I do admit watching your grows gives inspiration at times. 😝👍
just keep bending the sativa down if needed

it feels off, but when the conditions/environment/media is right, they blow right back up.

👊

Clip is harvested. Nothing like Twin2 but nice. Real sticky and I smell like I’ve been picking tangerines all morning. Kind of getting nauseous from it. 🤣

IMG_5388.jpegIMG_5389.jpegIMG_5390.jpegIMG_5391.jpeg
IMG_5394.jpegIMG_5393.jpegIMG_5392.jpeg

Step one for drying.
IMG_5395.jpeg

Young ladies waiting to move. Bounced back from defoil, probably move Monday after we clean the flower tent.
IMG_5396.jpeg

Sore as hell today. Back is singing. We cleaned the flower tent. Wiped walls. Cleaned fans inside and out. Wiped down the lights and SCROG.

Today we do a quick defoil and move CA and NL to flower. Then clean the veg tent. Yay, fun wow.

Clip has been drying in the shower for…3 days now?

Still burping jars with Twin2. Trying to cure nice before giving away at end of November. Most really smells great after being in the jar a couple of months.

Can’t wait to try the Northern Lights. Wonder what it smells like? Pretty dam sure it won’t be citrus. 🤣
Think G$ said it was more like Skunk. Hope not or my wife’s going to be spraying air fresheners all winter long. 🤣🤦

Reactions: Max
I know how you feel Zen..we not getting any younger hey… Prick of a job.it exhausts the buggery out of me..soo much to do in very little time.

Flower tent is set and ready. CA & NL got a little trim and might get SCROG or trellis. Not sure yet.
IMG_5413.jpegIMG_5414.jpeg

Veg tent needs a cleaning and nylons replaced. CB & NL2 are waiting for cleaning before defoil and transplant later.
IMG_5415.jpeg

Listening to Q107 and tossing larf to Willow. Not a bad morning but I hate my back. Vape time.

Day after transplant and tent move.
Clone B and NL2 seem well. Low light to help with roots and stress.

IMG_5426.jpeg

Two fit nice. 3 was tight. Really hope the Northern Lights is female. I’m pretty sure but got caught once before.

I’ll know if the NL is good in a bit. She just got back to 9 fingers. So I hope the new growth stays there.

Using my old black pots. Shorter. Buys me a few inches top space.

Flower zones in dark until 7pm.

New day counts.

NL: 01/089 NL2: 52
CA: 01/087 CB: 80

IMG_5427.jpegIMG_5428.jpeg

Couldn’t find my shorter legs so used same as last time. Might make changes tomorrow.

Otherwise they look good and happy. Shouldn’t need water for a bit. Flipped to 12/12 tonight.

This will be my first flower with a new strain and with my knowing enough to get through most issues I’ll encounter this winter. No bugs or heat/humidity waves. (Until laundry day 😝)

My wife wants green onions and spinach this winter so here we go. Didn’t have good luck last spring but now we have a secret weapon!

@Stoneyluv first use. 🤞
IMG_5441.jpegIMG_5440.jpeg

Six green onions and two spinach.
Happy wife happy life right?

Thank you Stoney! These tiny seeds are hard for me ATM. Germinator helps a lot. 👍

Rushing things a bit. Like to give a full week before mucking with them after a transplant but we might be getting the new roof this weekend. Meeting the guy again to go over all the detail. Lowest price is not always the best choice.

CB & NL2: Defoil
IMG_5442.jpegIMG_5443.jpegIMG_5444.jpeg

Raised the light a bit and turned it up a bit. Gives them the full 3’ zone to spread out. Made CB level topped. Almost as short as NL2 now. This might just work.

Once the new veggies pop I’ll put them up top.
IMG_5445.jpeg

That’s it until 7pm. Then I see if I can lower the flower table or just go with it as-is.

Glad I put the workshop radio into the grow room. Q107 playing April Wine Oh What A Night. Been a while since I’ve heard that one.

Just checking the kids, looking good after the defoil.

IMG_5466.jpeg

Roof guy came. We tweaked the contract a bit. Rather than haggling a better price I added more/better options.

They start next Saturday. 😱

Breath…

Just checking the kids, looking good after the defoil.

View attachment 28299

Roof guy came. We tweaked the contract a bit. Rather than haggling a better price I added more/better options.

They start next Saturday. 😱

Breath…
Dealing with contractors you never worked with before is always a crapshoot but it sounds like these guys know what they're doing. Good Luck!!

Tucking and feeding.
Checking LUX and leaf temps.

IMG_5476.jpegIMG_5475.jpeg

Finish tucking a bit after feeding. Was hoping to get light further down to lower branches. Get them to come up to the table. Remove low ones at end of stretch.

LUX @ 75% is 250-270 x100 at the table top. 28” from light.

Might be able to bump to 100% in a bit? We’ll see. Looking to skip the bbq this time.

In other news…

Clips been a week hanging. Nice slow dry this time. 63% & 67.9f ATM. Been a good week for a change.

IMG_5464.jpegIMG_5463.jpeg

New clones in zone 2 are good for a bit I think. Hands off for a while.

Day 5 12/12. Not sure about stretch but growth is apparent. Look good. Might tuck one or two branches but only a little trimming today. Yesterday was a bit much.

Bumped light to 100% since it’s higher up than 15.75”. LUX @ 100% 340 +/- 2 x100 at table top. But temps got up to 28* in the tent. Backed off to 75% again. Leaf temps went from 26-27 to 25s.

Humidity and temps I think are good.

Used one LST clip to tame the Sativa a bit. Need to stay on top of that. Only a few days left to touch.

IMG_5524.jpegIMG_5522.jpegIMG_5523.jpeg

Clip is still drying slow which is a nice change. Pics looked like crap but ones okay.
IMG_5498.jpeg

Had a few…moments…this week. Buddy awarded me not one but two of these.
61znlAaALHL._AC_UY1000_.jpeg

I know I deserved one…🤔

Solo has cured nicely. Kind of kicking my butt tonight. Smells nice and fruity. Like the vape taste. Every clones a little different.

Almost tea and honey time.

Day 5 12/12. Not sure about stretch but growth is apparent. Look good. Might tuck one or two branches but only a little trimming today. Yesterday was a bit much.

Bumped light to 100% since it’s higher up than 15.75”. LUX @ 100% 340 +/- 2 x100 at table top. But temps got up to 28* in the tent. Backed off to 75% again. Leaf temps went from 26-27 to 25s.

Humidity and temps I think are good.

Used one LST clip to tame the Sativa a bit. Need to stay on top of that. Only a few days left to touch.

View attachment 28631View attachment 28632View attachment 28633

Clip is still drying slow which is a nice change. Pics looked like crap but ones okay.
View attachment 28634

Had a few…moments…this week. Buddy awarded me not one but two of these.
View attachment 28635

I know I deserved one…🤔

Solo has cured nicely. Kind of kicking my butt tonight. Smells nice and fruity. Like the vape taste. Every clones a little different.

Almost tea and honey time.
Hey, now you cant say i never gave ya anything!!
I gave you not one, but TWO trophies 🤣🤣

Plants look good too!
Now get NL2 ready to do a full 3x3 scrog so you have other smoke 👊🏼

Hey, now you cant say i never gave ya anything!!
I gave you not one, but TWO trophies 🤣🤣

Plants look good too!
Now get NL2 ready to do a full 3x3 scrog so you have other smoke 👊🏼

I already said TWO dude. 🤣

But thanks.

I could finish with the last two clones in SCROG. One in each tent. I’ll have to see how things go.

Fed the one gallons in zone 2.
IMG_5534.jpeg

Flower zone is looking good too. Cooler today so bumped light back 100%. Leaf temps go from 25.1 to 26.3 and tent us at 26* & 50RH. If it gets warmer I’ll bump back down.

IMG_5533.jpeg

I tucked about 30 minutes after lights on. A few hours later most tops are back up again. That was quick. One time mist of epsom before lights on help with that?

Clip is spooking good in the shower. Branches are getting firmer. Wonder how it will compare to the refrigerator cures I’ve been doing.

Nothing from the veggie seeds yet.

Twin2 is burping. Smells different than the others. Curious how it will finish. Will it smell like the others, just slightly different, or completely different. Should get an idea by EOM. Then ready for testing before jarring for buddies.

Fed the one gallons in zone 2.
View attachment 28834

Flower zone is looking good too. Cooler today so bumped light back 100%. Leaf temps go from 25.1 to 26.3 and tent us at 26* & 50RH. If it gets warmer I’ll bump back down.

View attachment 28835

I tucked about 30 minutes after lights on. A few hours later most tops are back up again. That was quick. One time mist of epsom before lights on help with that?
i want to say unrelated, but if they wanted some more water that could be part of it.

these plants just want to move fast.

canopy starting to fill in nicely

Back
Top Bottom