Zen_seeker’s DIY Mixmash

have the roofers been there yet?
Yes, thank you.

We haven’t had a good rain yet but I was happy with the quality especially for the price.

IMG_5632.jpeg
IMG_5633.jpeg
Cigarettes everywhere but otherwise clean up was pretty good.

Only two things I didn’t like is they used tin to cover a weak/rotten area rather than replace the wood and one guy used my gutter to stand/support himself and I now see he bent it. Easy to fix but another chore.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you.

We haven’t had a good rain yet but I was happy with the quality especially for the price.

View attachment 30799
View attachment 30812
Cigarettes everywhere but otherwise clean up was pretty good.

Only two things I didn’t like is they used tin to cover a weak/rotten area rather than replace the wood and one guy used my gutter to stand/support himself and I now see he bent it. Easy to fix but another chore.

looks nice.. at least it's done now and hopefully it lasts ya 20+ years!!!

that sucks about the sloppy work though.. most people don't take pride in their work anymore, whatever they gotta do to get on to the next job.. cig buts would drive me insane though, what your fuckin pants didn't come with pockets asshole!! now i gotta touch your spit to clean it up... no way!

but hey fingers crossed it doesn't leak!!!

Nice, Can't tell from perspectives, looks round like a 5gal or so ?
The milk crate next to it is 14” sq iirc. I’m leaving it in the hole until spring. I’ll wash it off and see what’s left.

Will you be planting another next may?

I would like to try a Indica next time. Little shorter. See if I can get the street lights blocked by then.

70+ days flowering outside was just to long. Most issues came up in the last month.

I also like the idea of autos being used outdoors. Not sure I’m ready to try one but might help with the street lights.

Last night Day 24:
IMG_5758.jpegIMG_5759.jpeg

For some reason I don’t want to lollipop this time. NL has a lot of buds just below the table.

I’m more putting a hight limitation on things. I’ll keep removing large leaves but see how things go otherwise. We dry and smoke larf as long as good. If not hash is always nice.

The milk crate next to it is 14” sq iirc. I’m leaving it in the hole until spring. I’ll wash it off and see what’s left.

I would like to try a Indica next time. Little shorter. See if I can get the street lights blocked by then.

70+ days flowering outside was just to long. Most issues came up in the last month.

I also like the idea of autos being used outdoors. Not sure I’m ready to try one but might help with the street lights.
Not a bad idea in that scenario, throw out some autos and let em go, cull the worse back ?

Login was fast but pics are slow to load. Few more days before data reset.

Day 25 in the flower tent.
IMG_5780.jpegIMG_5779.jpegIMG_5778.jpeg

Lots of bud sites on the Northern Lights. Compared to my usual strain anyway.

I bump the lights up to 100% after an hour or two each night. Then back to 75% at or just before lights out. After a few weeks of this I might be seeing a bit of tip burn. Need to check that later tonight.

Christmas @ new year is going to be busy… at least I’ll final get to see the Northern Lights. 🤣

Thanks for the likes guys. I have more than a few threads I need to follow up with when I get my data back.
I don't / haven't chopped much off either, I smoke it all and I can't tell the difference when its all dried up and packed away in bag or jar. I pull out a wad or 2 a day, grind it up and smoke away....ooops did I smoke some larf? never crosses my mind,

Once we have a large supply and more than we can smoke we can play and chop away but I bust up my big buds any ways, I can't tell if my wad was from a nice big bud or a bunch of lower larf. Sure some buds stand out but only until they hit my grinder and it all looks the same....I want to develop the lowers rather than chop them. More lights more space a bigger tent more lights ect....lol

Pretty plants by the way, nice color in the pics, I think that's the hypnotic green that catches our eye and drives us in growing. We chase the dragon for pretty colors and ....well for me sitting in my basement tropics in the cold winter

Glad I took a peek here from outside.

It’s cold here tonight but after reading the last few posts i feel a little warmer. 😝

Funny how a little thing can make a big difference.

I took a moment after lights on to look over the bud sites. I had to then take a pic. (Still haven’t gotten the new glasses) Day 25 and I saw frost. The good kind. 👍

You do have to zoom in but still…

CA:
IMG_5790.jpeg

NL:
IMG_5791.jpeg

NL has less and straighter pistils.

IMG_5795.jpegIMG_5794.jpeg

Lots of lower buds. Especially on the NL.

@Pipecarver thanks for the opinion! I do tend to jar most of it. We like smoking it and it’s usually nice in the vape. Less tasty in the pipe unless my wife trims it. I’ve gotten lazy without glasses. Sugar leaves are fine. 🤣

Plus I wouldn’t be able to give away as much. So far no one’s refused any and they like it. I try to make each ounce a mix of larf to big buds. But I do tend to hold back a big jar of buds. That’s for sharing with guests. 🤣

IMG_5797.jpeg

Lights at 100%. Much further from the plants than recommended but I’m happy so far. Temperature and RH is okay, both day and night. Leaf temps range 23-26 from just under the table to tops. Best part of winter IMO.

Definitely just a touch of tip burn. Started the last couple of days. Only a few leaves have brown tips, rest are white’ish.

I still start at 75% for first hour or two before bumping to 100%. Then back down to 75% the last hour or two. But that seldom happens.

If the burn continues I’ll leave things at 75% earlier than planned. Wish it wasn’t in 25% increments.

Watching for other burn sites but only found one where I damaged it tucking earlier.

So many things I want to try still. But as @GoodShit97 reminds me; less is more/better. So let’s get through this one nice and clean.🤞

So a nice sprinkle of frost at day 25 and some great encouragement felt good. Have a great day all. 👍

IMG_5800.jpegIMG_5801.jpeg

Glad I took a peek here from outside.

It’s cold here tonight but after reading the last few posts i feel a little warmer. 😝

Funny how a little thing can make a big difference.

I took a moment after lights on to look over the bud sites. I had to then take a pic. (Still haven’t gotten the new glasses) Day 25 and I saw frost. The good kind. 👍

You do have to zoom in but still…

CA:
View attachment 31341

NL:
View attachment 31342

NL has less and straighter pistils.

View attachment 31343View attachment 31344

Lots of lower buds. Especially on the NL.

@Pipecarver thanks for the opinion! I do tend to jar most of it. We like smoking it and it’s usually nice in the vape. Less tasty in the pipe unless my wife trims it. I’ve gotten lazy without glasses. Sugar leaves are fine. 🤣

Plus I wouldn’t be able to give away as much. So far no one’s refused any and they like it. I try to make each ounce a mix of larf to big buds. But I do tend to hold back a big jar of buds. That’s for sharing with guests. 🤣

View attachment 31345

Lights at 100%. Much further from the plants than recommended but I’m happy so far. Temperature and RH is okay, both day and night. Leaf temps range 23-26 from just under the table to tops. Best part of winter IMO.

Definitely just a touch of tip burn. Started the last couple of days. Only a few leaves have brown tips, rest are white’ish.

I still start at 75% for first hour or two before bumping to 100%. Then back down to 75% the last hour or two. But that seldom happens.

If the burn continues I’ll leave things at 75% earlier than planned. Wish it wasn’t in 25% increments.

Watching for other burn sites but only found one where I damaged it tucking earlier.

So many things I want to try still. But as @GoodShit97 reminds me; less is more/better. So let’s get through this one nice and clean.🤞

So a nice sprinkle of frost at day 25 and some great encouragement felt good. Have a great day all. 👍

View attachment 31346View attachment 31347
I'm not sure the up and down with your light helps or hurts, I have my lights at 60% going into flower about 2 ft away from my lights. I'm feeding at that time about 4/5/4 ml per gal. as my feed goes up after flip I increase my light 5% ish and as I keep feeding more I bump my light accordingly aiming for 4 weeks to have max feed and max light. Recently I've read I should aim for 6 weeks to be at max light and food and keep it there for 2 weeks until I start backing off nutes and lights, drop the light to 85% ish and incremental drops in food.

My food at 6 weeks will be 5/5/10/5/4/5/10 mls per gal micro, grow bloom, Kool Bloom, Diamond nectar, cal/mag, Flora clean

I'm not sure the up and down with your light helps or hurts, I have my lights at 60% going into flower about 2 ft away from my lights. I'm feeding at that time about 4/5/4 ml per gal. as my feed goes up after flip I increase my light 5% ish and as I keep feeding more I bump my light accordingly aiming for 4 weeks to have max feed and max light. Recently I've read I should aim for 6 weeks to be at max light and food and keep it there for 2 weeks until I start backing off nutes and lights, drop the light to 85% ish and incremental drops in food.
Honestly IDK either. Light guide says 15.75” at 100%. But I get a BBQ when I do. Lights made for a 3x3 so I thought it was okay.

Lights about 26” above table. So I thought 100% might get the buds just below the table to do better. As long as I keep an eye on the top leaves.

I can leave it at 75%, and will if I see any further leaf issues.

My food at 6 weeks will be 5/5/10/5/4/5/10 mls per gal micro, grow bloom, Kool Bloom, Diamond nectar, cal/mag, Flora clean

I’m still using the chart G$ found. I just extend the weeks for my Sativa cross. Currently feeding both plants the same.

Base, Bloom, Karma and Greenplanet ProCal every other feeding.

8 Base 4-0-0
13 Bloom 0-6-6
3 Karma 0.1-0.1-0.5
2 ProCal 2-0-0

IMG_4735.png

Only extras have been a bit of Botanicare Tea and two foliar sprays of epsom. Last and final foliar was at start of week two of flower.

Have hight hopes for this grow.

Flower Day 29:
IMG_5819.jpeg

Northern Lights is changing the usual swamp smell at this point. Can’t put my finger on it but the smell has changed. Start of week 5.

Lots of buds just below the table.

Keeping light at 75%. Temperature is 25c and RH is at 39%. RH dropped the last 24 hours.

More frost on the top bud sites.
Tip burn seems to have halted.
Thought I saw a bit of purple showing through the leaves. Cold seems to have slowed growth.

Zone 3 Day 29, start of week 5:
IMG_5828.jpegIMG_5829.jpegIMG_5830.jpeg
IMG_5831.jpeg

Northern Lights above are looking nice IMHO. Halted leaf burn I hope. Lights are staying at 75% at least a bit longer.

IMG_5832.jpeg

My Sativa cross is doing well too. This is just before feeding. I usually start doubling the weeks now so I make it to day 70-80.

Currently both plants are being fed the same mix and amounts.

I see purple in my usual strain. More of a slight highlight.

But I keep going back to the NL and the amount of bud sites. This is my first Indica dominant so I’m not sure what to expect or what issues it might have, compared to the Sativa dominant.

IMG_5833.jpeg

Of course this is where things will start to go terribly wrong. 🤣

Zone 2 update later. Need to visit a few threads and start catching up.

Zone 2:
Clones CB & NL2 are getting big. This keeps up I might have to move them to the other tent.
IMG_5835.jpegIMG_5834.jpeg

Zone 3:
Ca & NL
Trimmed/pruned under the table tonight. Mostly removing dead end branches that will never see light and don’t have much larf. I’ll update pics Friday.

Cold and crispy today. Just past noon and up to 6c. At least the suns out. Was getting tired of the grey steel skies.

Tent hit 18c @ 56RH lights out. Was 25c @ 45RH lights on last night. Will move a water container in at lights on today.

Got an official pass from Mr Steamroller last night on the chimney. Flashing although reused looks good. Still haven’t had a long hard rain but so far so good.

Almost 7 hours sleep. A few interruptions but the best in a while. Quality sleep is now a goal. Need REM so not sure if smoking Indica will be helpful or detrimental. Guess we’ll find out in a month or two.

New seeds are waiting at the airport again. Wonder if they will get sent to LA again? Last ones did, but shipping was double that time. Maybe I paid for the scenic route last time? 🤣🤷‍♂️

Flower tent zone 3 day 31:
IMG_5864.jpeg
IMG_5865.jpegIMG_5866.jpegIMG_5867.jpegIMG_5869.jpeg

Grow room stinks. Swampy and something else. 🤔

Zone 2 feed day. Week 3 again until I’m ready to move and flip. Transplant before that.

After that… New seeds for a new year of growing. 🌱

Northern Lights are going to be done around Christmas Day. But the Sativa has until the second week of January.
IMG_5883.jpegIMG_5887.jpeg
IMG_5889.jpg

Zone 2 is fine and waiting.
72314753691__9857B630-B5C1-4899-ACD2-196A4A54606E.jpeg

Time for chores. Elves got into the jars and passed out. Lightweights.

Me thinks NL will be done 1 week before clone A, but definitely not on Christmas day.
Itd be a nice present, but idt its gonna be done in 3.5 weeks man.
Grinch. 😞

You tell me to ignore the suggested dates but it’s all I have to go by. Until someone corrects me.

I know my Sativa go 67-77 days, so far, but that’s only based on my grows. No two the same. Mistakes at every stage. This might be my first clean grow. Trying not to experiment, only correct. Get a new baseline.

So I have no doubt you’re closed to the mark. I’m watching to see if you hit the mark on the A&B too. Haven’t seen if SW replied yet. 🤣

I also appreciate the suggestion to change my feed slightly, and move my added weeks for feeding further along in the grow. I was starting to early by your notes. 👍

Grinch. 😞

You tell me to ignore the suggested dates but it’s all I have to go by. Until someone corrects me.

I know my Sativa go 67-77 days, so far, but that’s only based on my grows. No two the same. Mistakes at every stage. This might be my first clean grow. Trying not to experiment, only correct. Get a new baseline.

So I have no doubt you’re closed to the mark. I’m watching to see if you hit the mark on the A&B too. Haven’t seen if SW replied yet. 🤣

I also appreciate the suggestion to change my feed slightly, and move my added weeks for feeding further along in the grow. I was starting to early by your notes. 👍
I try not to put a time frame on chop until i see 90% of the pistils turn and receed, then i look at trichs.
A&B isnt gonna make ot to 10 weeks like i hoped, might get 9 out of her but slg was saying he took his at 8 weeks. So im thinking 60 should do it

I try not to put a time frame on chop until i see 90% of the pistils turn and receed, then i look at trichs.
A&B isnt gonna make ot to 10 weeks like i hoped, might get 9 out of her but slg was saying he took his at 8 weeks. So im thinking 60 should do it
I'm not even looking at mine until week 10 & sativa's even longer, my last sour d went 12 and done or not down she came. She dried a bit too fast but still a tasty smoke

Cleaning and checking. Look good.

View attachment 32420

G$ thinks the tip burn is from too much N in weeks 1-3. Notes made for next run. Lower the Base and add some Bloom next round. 👍
I like to mix Grow and Bloom together a week before I flip and I do that mix a week after I've flipped. After that I step down the Grow ratio for a couple more weeks then go full Bloom.

Back
Top Bottom