Zen_seeker’s DIY Mixmash

Nice canopy ! U a Scroggers are convincing me to give er a go when I fire back up ! Nice work zen lookin tasty
Thanks Mosh. I’m getting there. It’s more half trellis half SCROG but it does help with quantity. 👍

Wish I had a soil guy up here to work with on occasion but looking into Bokashi with @stonemason today. I like his style and results.

Going to join Little Miss Muffit and try to make curds & whey. 😝

Local Lowes got taken over by Rona. They are leaving Canada. Old stores closing for good. Got this $135 Scott’s Pro sprayer for $32.

IMG_6240.jpeg

Things are happening this morning.

Yesterday
IMG_6277.jpeg

Today
IMG_6280.jpeg

Good or bad I’m not sure yet. 😝

And a couple bud shots, just because.
IMG_6283.jpegIMG_6282.jpeg

I used to smoke a pipe. (Mostly a taste thing…very little inhale.) But quit smoking decades ago and gave most of my good things away. Just kept the pipes I used that weren’t special and well used.

Then a good friend sent me and my son pipes. I had forgotten how comfortable they fit in the hand. Smells. Smoothness. Sexy profile.🤤
So I put together a new pipe station and supplies.
IMG_6285.jpegIMG_6284.jpeg

Sons been using his daily and taking it to his buddies. We don’t smoke in the house, just vape.

Thank you @Pipecarver, think of you often. Look forward to comparing grows soon with the new strains! (Try not to make me look too bad. 😝)

Enjoy the rest of your day peoples.

In anticipation of chopping in a week or two I took two spindly cuttings. Two more are sitting in water jic.

All plants are drinking a gallon every two days. I expect Zen 1 to slow down any day now but still getting new buds. Northern lights just isn’t done yet.

Something I was looking into. Found this explanation. Not sure if correct.

“The actual reason for giving a plant dark periods during Veg and Clone stages is basically the apexial tip. The plant, while the lights are on, are getting the plants main focus of energy... ie. Sugars.

But when you switch the plants to darkness the apexial tip is no longer relevant because there is no light source to define where the apexial tip is.

This in turn causes the plant to focus its energy on root growth and stalk girthing (Main Base) This is why i see no real problem giving early clones 24 hrs light, but once they start rooting i always give them atleast a 4 hr dark cycle.”

Not sure if bro science but interesting to look into.

Zen 2 Zone 3:

Just after a feeding.
IMG_6370.jpeg

After a bit of LST.
IMG_6371.jpeg

Found wind burn the other day. It’s LARF to be trimmed out later.
IMG_6372.jpeg

Pointed the fan down as low as the pole will allow. Need longer cords. 😝

Hope letting them grow free rage works out.

Thanks Mosh. I’m getting there. It’s more half trellis half SCROG but it does help with quantity. 👍

Wish I had a soil guy up here to work with on occasion but looking into Bokashi with @stonemason today. I like his style and results.

Going to join Little Miss Muffit and try to make curds & whey. 😝

Local Lowes got taken over by Rona. They are leaving Canada. Old stores closing for good. Got this $135 Scott’s Pro sprayer for $32.

View attachment 36100
I just got a 2gal. Chapin sprayer, this looks nicer? SS

I just got a 2gal. Chapin sprayer, this looks nicer? SS

Researching after the fact it looks like they are all basically the same. Higher priced ones might have better quality, and a lifetime warranty. As long as Scott’s is still in business.

For $32 I’m okay with it. Really going to help with the yard and garden.

Agree Zen.that back left sativa looks cooked and ready to come out of the oven 😀buds look dank brother 👌👊

I expected the NL to finish first. That’s why it’s up front. For easier removal.

I’ll see if either is ready tonight with the microscope. CA should be ready as of yesterday but can go to 77 days in the past.

NL is all new to me. Just happy I got them to flower so well together. Even the same feed mix.

That back left just has that done appearance to me in the group photo post #525..if it isn’t it ain’t far away as you said..

yeah it’s cool when they eat the same instead of mixing up another batch just for the one hogging out.the only nuisance I have is when they arnt finishing off at the same time..I just do a mix for the ones behind and just use that and water it down for the ones finishing up in a seperate container…

That back left just has that done appearance to me in the group photo post #525..if it isn’t it ain’t far away as you said..

yeah it’s cool when they eat the same instead of mixing up another batch just for the one hogging out.the only nuisance I have is when they arnt finishing off at the same time..I just do a mix for the ones behind and just use that and water it down for the ones finishing up in a seperate container…

Literally doing that now. About to scope before lights out. I died early last night and slept instead of checking then.

Who needs an alarm when bathroom calls wake you every 3-4 hours. 🤷‍♂️🤦

Both appear to b at maximum potency.if my girls go longer than expected and say If 95%+ of the pistils are brown and receded with all cloudy trics I will harvest them.usually I will take them to 10-20% amber to take the raciness away to have abit of couchlock so there is a couple ways me thinks to determine when to chop..there are plants out there that genetically don’t amber at all.the brown appearance of the sativa (pistils brown) is the reason I was thinking it was done 🙂

Both appear to b at maximum potency.if my girls go longer than expected and say If 95%+ of the pistils are brown and receded with all cloudy trics I will harvest them.usually I will take them to 10-20% amber to take the raciness away to have abit of couchlock so there is a couple ways me thinks to determine when to chop..there are plants out there that genetically don’t amber at all.the brown appearance of the sativa (pistils brown) is the reason I was thinking it was done 🙂

I was wondering if my going from 75% light to 100% and back caused something. Wanted to see if I could get to 100% and stay but nute burn and brown pistils was what I saw so I went back to 75%. As of a few days ago I’m down to 50% again.

I’m hoping to harvest soon but NL seems to have more clear.

Zen 1 Zone 3: Flower Day 73

Chop day for CA aka Sativa. I don’t think sees going to get much better and I need to harvest one at a time.
IMG_6536.jpegIMG_6537.jpeg

Purple goes further down too. Around all bud sites except the very bottom. IMG_6538.jpegIMG_6539.jpeg

Smells wild. Heavy musk. Lots of citrus. IMG_6540.jpegIMG_6541.jpegIMG_6545.jpegIMG_6550.jpeg

This is the reward and casualties.
IMG_6555.jpeg
IMG_6554.jpeg

The Northern Lights are going longer.IMG_6552.jpegIMG_6553.jpeg

Really looking forward to this one. Something new and fresh. I’m trying to find out it’s origin now as I don’t think Northern Lights should go 11+ weeks.

Zen 1 Zone 3: Flower Day 73

Chop day for CA aka Sativa. I don’t think sees going to get much better and I need to harvest one at a time.
View attachment 38509View attachment 38510

Purple goes further down too. Around all bud sites except the very bottom. View attachment 38511View attachment 38512

Smells wild. Heavy musk. Lots of citrus. View attachment 38513View attachment 38514View attachment 38515View attachment 38516

This is the reward and casualties.
View attachment 38517
View attachment 38518

The Northern Lights are going longer.View attachment 38519View attachment 38520

Really looking forward to this one. Something new and fresh. I’m trying to find out it’s origin now as I don’t think Northern Lights should go 11+ weeks.
Looks good man.love the purple colouring….I think the heat could maybe cause the pistils to brown from heat? and the tip burn .maybe when running higher intensity room was warmer and rh was lower that can make them take up more nutes than water.just a thought..

Back
Top Bottom