Zen_seeker’s DIY Mixmash

Burning through data whenever I visit the last few days. Even if I don’t upload. Been a few videos on the corner and threads. Going to have to watch that.

Tent zone 3 smells strong tonight. Sitting around 25c-26c & 38RH lights on. Around 18c-20c & 50RH lights out. Soon as the cold settles in I’ll see what we have to work with. Still better than summer.

Flower Day 35, week 6 tomorrow.
IMG_5947.jpegIMG_5939.jpegIMG_5937.jpeg

Northern Lights are getting as tall as the Sativa? Buds all over thee weed place. Got a thicker musky smell growing the last two or three days.

But if I rub up against a bud my hand smells just like the citrus smell I get from the sativa. Didn’t expect that.

Lights still at 75%. About 30k-35k LUX at canopy.

Lights out 19c & 51RH.
Lights on 26c & 43RH.

Both are still getting the same feeding. Every five days.

Sativa is showing more signs of leaf burn. Sides of some top leaves are a bit burnt and a little yellow.

Indica seems quite happy. Just a touch of tip burn.

“I like big buds and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung”

Flower Day 35, week 6 tomorrow.
View attachment 32683View attachment 32684View attachment 32685

Northern Lights are getting as tall as the Sativa? Buds all over thee weed place. Got a thicker musky smell growing the last two or three days.

But if I rub up against a bud my hand smells just like the citrus smell I get from the sativa. Didn’t expect that.

Lights still at 75%. About 30k-35k LUX at canopy.

Lights out 19c & 51RH.
Lights on 26c & 43RH.

Both are still getting the same feeding. Every five days.

Sativa is showing more signs of leaf burn. Sides of some top leaves are a bit burnt and a little yellow.

Indica seems quite happy. Just a touch of tip burn.

“I like big buds and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung”
Looking good boss

Flower Day 36:
Lights on for 90 minutes.
IMG_5974.jpeg
IMG_5975.jpegIMG_5976.jpegIMG_5977.jpeg

So far, so good. NL is doing good, wants more. CA was getting yellow on the sides of a few leaves in the top/top left.

Doesn’t seem to have progressed the last day but that could be wishful thinking.

Looks like this will take longer than I thought. Lots of frost, even below the table.

Zone 2:
Veg section is doing fine. Even with the lower temps.

Must think it’s spring as I keep having it bush out. 😝

IMG_5985.jpeg

Really want them to stay low but I don’t see that happening unless I move to the second tent. Or let them get taller and no net on the next flower. 🤔

It was time to transplant. CB & NL2.
72409761552__45A9CB94-B397-401D-AA18-388A942CE3FA.jpeg72409769998__82A177EB-4503-4DE1-9B91-036527202235.jpeg72409899597__BF6A86F6-5857-4DD5-B018-74076BE2CE9C.jpegIMG_6041.jpeg

In soft pots I wait until a day or two before feeding. They shrink a bit. That lets me roll the top down over a coffee can.

Full feeding later but they look good atm.

Might be me but things don’t look as thick and big as prior grows. Almost like stretch was minimal as well. Left the light too low to long?

Might be me but things don’t look as thick and big as prior grows. Almost like stretch was minimal as well. Left the light too low to long?
are you saying the plants or buds look smaller than your last one/grow?

same genes/env/nutrients ?

Zen 1 Zone 3:

Flower Day 47:
IMG_6071.jpegIMG_6072.jpeg

Under table:
IMG_6073.jpegIMG_6074.jpeg

Obligatory bud shot:
IMG_6075.jpeg

Zen 2 Zone 3:
IMG_6070.jpeg

Tired. Haven’t been feeling good for a bit. Stomach and guts. CG suggested CALM but it’s still an issue. We’ll see.

Flower Day 52 Week 7:
IMG_6127.jpegIMG_6128.jpegIMG_6129.jpegIMG_6130.jpeg72489775914__A9E105A8-8A56-4BCD-BF4E-4C486BE801A6.jpeg72489778163__DE46F34D-6D05-40CF-ABB8-97CB8AE37947.jpeg

Swelling more. Watering/feeding has gone from every 5 days, to 4, and now three.

Lights have been at 75% still. Some lower leaves yellowing two or three brown and dropped. Top of the Sativa has claw and some fade, purple too around the flowers. Both have a bit of tip burn.

Sativa almost looks done? Turned up the light too much before leaving at 75%? Need to use the scope on it. Just to be safe. But it normally goes 69 days or more.

Northern Lights is a bit trickier. No idea other than what I’ve read. Don’t even know the breader. So watching the pistils, and checking the flowers. Still two weeks I think. No rush.

Smells are starting to change from my normal Sativa grow. Still had the swampy smell. Bud sites still smell like citrus if I brush up against them. But then I got a black pepper smell and now a fruity/flowery smell. This is the NL as the Sativa never had that prior.

Temps and humidity are okay, rarely perfect an entire 24hrs. Crazy weather doesn’t help. But I can live with this if it means no snow.

The last 3 feedings have been an experiment using two then all three together.

7ml Grow 2-2-4
7ml Bloom 0-6-6
7ml FFTB 2-8-4

I’ll drop one next feeding for the Indica but not the sativa I think. See if they still look okay in 3-5 days.

So far so good. After 8 or more hours nothing’s shrivelled or fallen off. Good start, but next week or two is where it counts.

Flower Day 54:
IMG_6162.jpeg
IMG_6161.jpeg

Northern Lights:
IMG_6166.jpegIMG_6165.jpegIMG_6164.jpeg

Sativa;
IMG_6163.jpeg

Almost ready to feed again. Not sure if the new mix is helping or they are just doing what they do?

Bought the last of the Kind Trio from my local store. He only had one set left and second set missing the Bloom bottle. So he said I’m a good customer take all 5 bottles for $25. Done.

So 2024 will be my last run of Botanicare Kind Trio. Disappointed as I just got used to using it and it was super cheap.

Grabbed a can of this to try too.
IMG_6167.jpg

Says it can be mixed with my nutes or go stand alone.

Anyone try this and have success?

Up at 4:30am. Trying to get things done before fam get here. Plants are to heavy to water now. 7pm lights on will be feeding time.

❄️🎄Merry Christmas to All 🎅☃️

Looking good Zen~!

I am in on FF ferts.
Used them in several grows.
Which 3 did you get?
Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom?
Which was missing?
I read bad things about Tiger Bloom so have never used it but am good and pleased with the rest of line.
There are 2 other finishers that go with beastie.
Open sesame and cha ching.
Silly as it is the chart works pretty good.
1703419518237.png
I did not have all of what they have up there.
I used Grow big, big bloom, wholly mackerel, open sesame, beastie bloom and cha ching.
I recently purchased 25 lb buckets of the 3 finishers. :cool:
1703425637928.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking good Zen~!

I am in on FF ferts.
Used them in several grows.
Which 3 did you get?
Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom?
Which was missing?
I read bad things about Tiger Bloom so have never used it but am good and pleased with the rest of line.
There are 2 other finishers that go with beastie.
Open sesame and cha ching.
Silly as it is the chart works pretty good.
View attachment 35289
I did not have all of what they have up there.
I used Grow big, big bloom, wholly mackerel, open sesame, beastie bloom and cha ching.
I recently purchased 25 lb buckets of the 3 finishers. :cool:
View attachment 35300

Hey @steamroller, thanks for the feedback.

My first few grows were FF Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. I still have the bottles but use them as a boost these days.

Now that I have a few more bottles of Kind Trio I’m good for 2024 I think. But after that IDK. I got lucky to find Botanicare so cheap. Don’t think I’ll get that fortunate again any time soon.

The Beastie Bloomz was an impulse buy. But I hope it pays off.

I’d really like to learn to make my own nutes but time and $$$ have me chasing local sales, for now. I like Stonemasons style but not sure it’s a method I can slide into easily.

Yesterdays feeding was;
8ml Base 4-0-0
14ml Grow 2-2-4
1/4 TSP Beastie Bloomz

Fingers crossed 🤞

Took a step towards natural gardening today. Part of that was outing together a drum composter and a stand with storage.

IMG_6226.jpegIMG_6225.jpeg

Drum stand is mounted to the top lid by 1/2” pins. Can all come apart but not easily knocked over.

Green and black. My colours. 😝

Looks like I was late to give CB & NL2 a trim.
72550747682__0D6A0A33-DC9F-47A2-A291-B00BBDAA3481.jpegIMG_6221.jpeg
IMG_6228.jpeg

They are in the dark ATM. Still need a bit more trimming. Guess the transplant was a success. 👍

Back
Top Bottom