Zen_seeker’s DIY Mixmash

Flower Day 66:IMG_7792.jpegIMG_7791.jpegIMG_7794.jpegIMG_7795.jpeg

Removed all the shriveled and badly wilted yellow leaves. Only a few in the top buds needed cutting.

Other than tip burn she looks good but going through leaves like crazy.

Did a light epsom foliar spray at lights out. Fans kicked in to keep the humidity in range. Haven’t done a foliar spray since flip. Don’t like todo it in flower. So this is a one and done just to help us get through the next month.

Flower Day 67:

Epsom foliar didn’t seem to hurt things. I can see the clones liked it but I can only hope NL2 got a boost. I’m going to add more FFJ for the extra potassium and sugar boost next feed.

The buds are so heavy only two are remaining without a string holding it up.

These are two growing sideways beside the wall. I just turned the pics to make them look proper.
IMG_7812.jpegIMG_7813.jpegIMG_7814.jpegIMG_7815.jpeg

I’m sure I’ll regret posting 5meg pics when I’m out of data. 🤣

Some garden plants doing well indoors. IMG_7788.jpegIMG_7789.jpeg

Pics a few days old. It’s really taken off the last few days. I also removed the old plant as I confirmed it was dead.

IMG_7757.jpeg

Above pic is from last Friday. Transplanted and moved to veg tent. All three are “Northern Lights”. So if NL2 sucks after dry/cure I’ll be really disappointed. 🤣

Hang Dry Day 5:

Humidity has stayed between 50-70% with usual between 55-65. Temperature I can’t see as easily without my glasses but 66f is what it’s at now. This is probably the coldest it’s been the last 5 days. Hottest it gets is 21-22 Celsius.
IMG_7817.jpegIMG_7818.jpegIMG_7819.jpegIMG_7820.jpeg

I hardly did any wet trimming this time round. Wifey might need some extra persuasion. 💐&💨

Top (bottom here) buds are firm and frosty. Others at the bottom are a little fluffy but still moist.

We’ve already gone through a 1L jar of Clone A. I can’t wait to try Clone B. Where did I put that tester. 🤔

Giving the ladies my full attention this week. Get them up to speed.
IMG_7831.jpegIMG_7832.jpeg

Already bounced back from the transplant and LST. Second feeding is today. I’ve put a little extra in these using KNF nutrients. I’m still using my Kind nutes, just less and with the KNF items.

The chives I’ve seeded with a q-tip and mashing the flowers together. Hope to fill the pot with chives by the end of the season.IMG_7823.jpeg

The Hollyhock just dies when I miss its watering. Takes about 2 hours before it all stands up again. Going to plant this one beside the gate or patio.IMG_7835.jpeg

The strawberries died but I believe one of the animals that got into them outside accidentally planted seeds. Two plants side by side came up a couple of weeks ago. I removed the old plant and cleaned things up for the new plants.IMG_7837.jpeg

So other than the hollyhock the rest will stay in the tent. Become an indoor veggie garden split between the two tents.IMG_7827.jpeg

Flower Day 75:

Lowered the light to 50% a week or so back. Slow the fade. At least the buds are swelling.
IMG_7853.jpegIMG_7854.jpegIMG_7855.jpegIMG_7857.jpegIMG_7859.jpeg

At this rate by day 90 I won’t have anything to trim. Last one went to day 83 and that was still too early. I’m guessing 91-105 but I’ll be checking often.

New clones last Saturday. Not happy with how they are doing.
73228758493__0BDB596B-9E5D-4C32-AC09-0917B809BF66.jpeg

After some trimming and LST Monday night. Little better.IMG_7851.jpegIMG_7852.jpeg

Clone B is still drying after 13 days. We sampled the two lowest branches that I normally use for hash on Saturday, very nice effect. Taste and smell needs time.

Wow, nice stuff. A real nice looking harvest. You've room for garden plants and weed?.I grow kitty grass and I did some peppers but now with only 2 spaces Veg & flower there's no place for any thing else.
Have you ever topped your buds? Pinching that top off makes them swell sideways and fill in rather than continuing the spire upwards. I've only done it a few times but during my Sour D grow I pinched 1 next to a twin bud and I liked the outcome. I've pics downstairs on my other comp that show the difference.......Just something to platy with. I did mine at about 6 weeks in flower and I'll top more of them this time if I see them start to get that small foxtailing on the top
1710862350211.png

Some things came up that I need to deal with. I’ll try to update the pics and last grow shortly.

Thanks @Pipecarver for the tip. I wasn’t aware of that. I’ve had fox tails on my usual strain before too, on Solo iirc. Next time I see that happen I’ll try it. I chopped her on the 3rd.

Some things came up that I need to deal with. I’ll try to update the pics and last grow shortly.

Thanks @Pipecarver for the tip. I wasn’t aware of that. I’ve had fox tails on my usual strain before too, on Solo iirc. Next time I see that happen I’ll try it. I chopped her on the 3rd.
Hey, I hope alls well, I've been wondering where you wuz at....

The Greesy & Frozen Custard are looking great. They're at 6 weeks in flower now, I just started them on Kool Bloom Dry 2-45-28 for the next 2 weeks from Kool Bloom liquid 0-10-10.......They are already pretty big at 6 weeks...this should pump them up nicely

Wow, nice stuff. A real nice looking harvest. You've room for garden plants and weed?.I grow kitty grass and I did some peppers but now with only 2 spaces Veg & flower there's no place for any thing else.
Have you ever topped your buds? Pinching that top off makes them swell sideways and fill in rather than continuing the spire upwards. I've only done it a few times but during my Sour D grow I pinched 1 next to a twin bud and I liked the outcome. I've pics downstairs on my other comp that show the difference.......Just something to platy with. I did mine at about 6 weeks in flower and I'll top more of them this time if I see them start to get that small foxtailing on the top
View attachment 50504
So you pinched off the foxtail and your buds swelled? Sounds like apical dominance but in the flowers themselves.

Hey, I hope alls well, I've been wondering where you wuz at....

The Greesy & Frozen Custard are looking great. They're at 6 weeks in flower now, I just started them on Kool Bloom Dry 2-45-28 for the next 2 weeks from Kool Bloom liquid 0-10-10.......They are already pretty big at 6 weeks...this should pump them up nicely
Excellent. I was a little worried after G$ had some issues with his GPS.

I’ll be popping by your thread to have a look. I’m not happy with the Northern Lights (Haze?). Big buds all over and sticky but weak thin branches. NL2 went 90 days and still isn’t done.

Just considering my options before I chop and toss. 🤔

Very cool! Kind of wish I saw the post earlier to try it. You pinch it off or just crush the top of the tip/foxtail?
I just pinch them off, but not those that are growing out conical uniformly but if they start to show that fox tail growing out I'll pinch that off. I saw a Youtube vid a while back and have tried it a few times, that Sour D was one that I was able to compare buds to

Didn’t realize I’d been offline a month. 😳

BS isn’t resolved yet but I’m going to try and not let it get to me, as much. Lol

NL2 continued to fade at a fast rate. Like a horror movie where the vampire sucks the life out of his victim until a mummy. Only the buds and some small sugar lease remanded green.

Mar 28th.
IMG_7923.jpeg

Apr 1st.
IMG_7931.jpeg

Apr 3rd.
IMG_7939.jpeg73385299632__667B0076-45E0-4086-BCD5-DC8342ED0AEB.jpeg
IMG_7941.jpeg
IMG_7975.jpeg
I let it hang and temps/RH stayed good for the last two weeks. Finished trimming last night. Final judgment pending. If it doesn’t do the job it’s hash. She filled three big jars and two 1L mason jars.
IMG_7978.jpeg

I’ll up date the three clones next. This was strike two. 90 days still wasn’t long enough. I can’t wait 100 or more.

I just pinch them off, but not those that are growing out conical uniformly but if they start to show that fox tail growing out I'll pinch that off. I saw a Youtube vid a while back and have tried it a few times, that Sour D was one that I was able to compare buds to
Thanks PC. I like it. I will be trying it in the future. The side by side was a great test. Looks more like a cactus top after. 🤔👍

I’ll up date the three clones next. This was strike two. 90 days still wasn’t long enough. I can’t wait 100 or more.
Yea man you went MIA~!
Glad to see you back.

So what is strike 2?
Man you grow some stout plants and seem to have the nute game down.
If you are unhappy with quality I would try a different strain.
I don't think your grow style is the cause.
90 days in flower?

BS isn’t resolved yet but I’m going to try and not let it get to me, as much. Lol

NL2 continued to fade at a fast rate. Like a horror movie where the vampire sucks the life out of his victim until a mummy. Only the buds and some small sugar lease remanded green.

Mar 28th.
View attachment 54450

Apr 1st.
View attachment 54451

Apr 3rd.
View attachment 54452View attachment 54453
View attachment 54454
View attachment 54457
I let it hang and temps/RH stayed good for the last two weeks. Finished trimming last night. Final judgment pending. If it doesn’t do the job it’s hash. She filled three big jars and two 1L mason jars.
View attachment 54455

Zen dude I don't think there's anything NL about that plant. Looks like BC Big Bud IMO. From back in the days of Marc Emery.
BC BB was known for huge buds and very long, 3-4 month ripening times. Was never a very potent strain but buds the size of footballs made it popular for commercial growers and the huge yields it gave up.
NL should be Afghani/indica dominant and after pistils show, maybe take up to 8 weeks to finish but usually done in 6-7 and it's a short, minimal side branching squatty plant

Yea man you went MIA~!
Glad to see you back.

So what is strike 2?
If you are unhappy with quality I would try a different strain.
I don't think your grow style is the cause.
90 days in flower?
I don't think it's him either, good genetics are most important for a good grow.
Zen dude I don't think there's anything NL about that plant. Looks like BC Big Bud IMO. From back in the days of Marc Emery.
BC BB was known for huge buds and very long, 3-4 month ripening times. Was never a very potent strain but buds the size of footballs made it popular for commercial growers and the huge yields it gave up.
NL should be Afghani/indica dominant and after pistils show, maybe take up to 8 weeks to finish but usually done in 6-7 and it's a short, minimal side branching squatty plant
I don't think it's NL, it's way too narrow leaf and cmon, 90 days and still not done? That's not an indica at all.

The remaining 3 clones, from NL2. Each is 90+ days old. They have gone back and forth in health. I think I over fed and added to much FFJ with the other nutes on top of its fussiness.

I tried to do some LST to keep them small and opened up. But the branches are to soft and bendy. I can’t remove the clips or they droop. One even needed to be tied already, not even 2’. 90 bends are too floppy.

They got real yellow and burned in the beginning when I switched tents and started real veg. The rich diet and strong light I thought might cause some burns as I didn’t transition slowly but the yellowing was unexpected. I’ll post the pics later. Delete most so it’s just a flash card show of the last month.

Now I’m going to chop and toss for this weeks yard trash pickup. 😔

Pics l8r

I agree 100%. G$ and I discussed a few times haze was the nicest thing we could think of but no way.

Buds are big, heavy, can’t go by smell as clone b was loud. But now jarred it’s flowery one sniff and fruity the next. Real real sticky. After 90 days it’s still too early.

I know pics mean nothing but if that’s all I had to go on it looks like this. IMG_7988.jpg

Haven’t been able to do a real fair test yet as stressing and new weed make me anxious. Son and buddy like it. Wife doesn’t think she feels anything, but she wants all head and/or couch lock. It’s go do something weed with electric muscle tingles. Not high as a kite laugh my ass off. Mine used to do that but not any more. Lol

I wanted Northern lights for just that reason. Bed time weed that put me out and took the back and knee pain away long enough to fall asleep. No anxiety.

The person I got them from wasn’t at fault. They were told it was when they got it. 🤷‍♂️

On a good note Clone B from my usual strain is great. Everyone has been enjoying it. I’ve been sticking to the older Solo from August.

IMG_7883.jpegIMG_7884.jpegIMG_7877.jpegIMG_7886.jpeg

For some reason it’s evaporating. 😝

Nothing like the bricks most make here but after a bit of collecting we got a lot from just one plant. Every trim and shake made a new chunk.
IMG_7897.jpeg73290317095__64ED1214-B8C8-4947-B01A-7A3FBA39E1C4.jpeg

So not all was lost. We aren’t in need or having to hit the store. We have time to try again.

Now where did I put that red cup?

Yea man you went MIA~!
Glad to see you back.
Thanks, just more drama than I can handle at the moment.

So what is strike 2?
This Northern Lights Haze, or whatever it is. Strike one was the first grow. To early and to floppy. Second grow was worse, still to early and withering on the vine, so to speak. The three clones were going to be the final grow but they got silly and started getting lime and yellow in patches and dark green on other branches. And if 90 days is too early that’s strike three. So chopping the clones and going to move on.

After so many runs of the same strain I seem to have it down now but we’ll see how that pans out on the next grow. I’m running out of my nutes and they got discontinued. Adding KNF nutes was mixed results but the first attempt. Without a guide I’m lost and have to experiment.

If you are unhappy with quality I would try a different strain. I don't think your grow style is the cause. 90 days in flower?
Stonemason & G$ both suggested it was time to try a different strain. I’m just talking things over with the boss. She was worried I gave to much away, until I told her where to look. 😝

Now she thinks a summer break might be okay. 🤣 I’m thinking just a slow down. Maybe two good known strains. One of each. Flower one in each 3x3 or both together.🤔

Thanks again, going to close this chapter on the clones next.

The remaining three clones off NL2.

March 21st.
IMG_7887.jpeg

March 22nd.
IMG_7894.jpeg

March 27th.
IMG_7916.jpeg

March 28th.
IMG_7922.jpeg

April 1st.
IMG_7930.jpeg

April 5th.
IMG_7948.jpeg
IMG_7945.jpeg
IMG_7954.jpeg

April 9th.
IMG_7968.jpegIMG_7971.jpeg

April 10th.
73447432700__6454D176-FBC5-4FA0-8C8A-78370E053C76.jpeg

April 14th.
IMG_8008.jpeg

The plants all got LST in the new tent after being topped. But the branches never get thick, just the main trunk. These clones are all over 100 days by this point and still in veg. Even if perfectly healthy they still have at least 100 days of flower to go. That’s too much and at the worst time of year.

Time to start another Bokashi bucket.

Even the larf on these is frosty and sticky. I had such high hopes. 🤣
RenderedImage.jpeg

Last edited:
After talking with BB friends and my family i decided to chop the three clones. 100+ days in flower is just too long. Good news is everyone but my wife and I like the weed. So I’ll just give it away and hang on to our other strain. 🤷‍♂️

April 15th, chop day.
IMG_8011.jpegIMG_8012.jpeg

IMG_8015.jpeg

IMG_8016.jpegIMG_8017.jpeg

Spent the rest of the day cleaning the tent and trays. Today I have soft pots to empty and get ready to wash. Finish descaling the one tray.

It’s still too cold to start seeds in the basement. Weathers not cooperating. Shouldn’t be too much longer.

IMG_7989.jpeg
LOL

20240509 - New grow season starts. Temperature and humidity is still up and down weekly if not daily so I made the small tent section more appealing.

Humidity seems to stay around mid 70’s atm, but peeked at 84% today. Need to watch that. Temperature sits around 20* which is close. I like 21-22 but you get what you get if you don’t have environmental control.

My son asked if he could participate this grow so I let him pick three out of the four seeds to try.

1. Mz Jill - Jilly Bean S1 - Fem
IMG_8152.jpegIMG_8153.jpeg

2. Unknown - Gorilla Glue #4 - Reg
IMG_8156.jpegIMG_8157.jpeg

3. Ethos - Purple Diesel BX1 - Reg
IMG_8158.jpegIMG_8159.jpeg

4. Barney’s Farm - Strawberry Lemonade - Fem
IMG_8154.jpg

If all goes well we’ll have peat pucks soaking in the morning and plant popped seeds by late afternoon.

Tried this but wasn’t happy.
73696559647__EE78BD59-EFCA-4840-B5B1-BC40C0960EDA.jpeg

This is better…
IMG_8169.jpeg
IMG_8170.jpeg
Guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Temperature still wants to stay around 18*. So I put warm water in the coffee can. It was enough to get it to 21-22. At lights out in the section below this section of the tent went to 19* this morning.

Looking for a warmer spot to put the seedlings until the house stays warmer.

At least two popped in less than 36 hours.

1. Mz Jill Jilly Bean S1 Fem
4. Barney’s Farm Strawberry Lemonade Fem

So 50/50 so far. 👍

20240512:

1. Mz Jill Jilly Bean S1 Fem
2. Unknown - Gorilla Glue #4 - Reg
3. Ethos - Purple Diesel BX1 - Reg
4. Barney’s Farm Strawberry Lemonade Fem

1 & 4 have tails, 2 & 3 are taking their time but 2 seems to have a crack going down the seem.

RH80% - Temperature 19.5c
IMG_8210.jpeg

Time for peat pucks.
IMG_8211.jpegIMG_8214.jpegIMG_8215.jpeg

Really looking forward to this grow. Thank you very much for the seeds bud! 🙏😊

Back
Top Bottom