All things shrooms

according to ChatGPT3

"""Psilocybin cubensis can be cultivated using both natural and synthetic nutrient sources. While many growers prefer using organic materials like grains and natural supplements, it is possible to provide synthetic nutrients to Psilocybin cubensis as well."""

obviously im more inclined to believe you guys of course, but now i want to experiment.

For Science, Facts and Logic.

you're learnin! it's all good man. clandestine mycology is fascinating, and vast. there are a lot of things you'll pick up on fairly quickly.

then, some day when you get around to doing agar, you'll start doing real interesting shit like taking a petri dish, handing it to your kid, and telling them to take the lid off and go run around the yard waving the dish around like a mad person. they'll love it, you'll love it, then get freaked out by all the crazy molds, fungi, and bacterium you collected.

there's an awesome thread on shroomery where people do agar art. it's madness.
i learn quick! just need someone to work with me

mycelium != bacteria. two different microorganisms. in our case, we want to avoid bacteria as it is significantly more aggressive than mycelium at early stages and can become quite hazardous.

like, literally make you sick, hospitalize you, or worse. bacteria is bad, mkay.
i can see my self growing some mushrooms but contaminated and fuckin my self up lol

or would they even fruit if it was contam

Send help, little human keeps following me around.

Haha

Attachments

• 16847941796956346259236912968186.jpg
    16847941796956346259236912968186.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
That's crazy! I did pretty well with mine . I also used like disinfectant spray and sprayed the room like 20 mins before I woked.
yeah, it got irritating as hell tbh. aseptic technique is on point, i never had these kind of problems when i lived in NM. being the pnw is a whole other beast though. only place i've had contam rates like i have, and also the only place i've had multiple different kinds of plants fail due to botrytis.

shutting off the HVAC at least three hours before doing the work, bombing the working room with ozium multiple times before starting work, cleaning everything with 70% ISO... showering, wearing gloves, arm covers, and a respirator... none of it matters here apparently. the new house will be getting a dedicated clean room for the flow hood. a buddy and i are working on building a mushroom farm, he's focusing on the commercial varieties (oysters, buttons, shitake, lion's mane, etc) and i'm focusing on the exotics (reishi, maitake, cordyceps, etc).

so suffice to say i'm done playing fuck around with these high contam rates. gotta get those numbers down.
All mycelium are fungi but not all fungi produce mycelium… it’s basically a stage of fungal growth
this

i can see my self growing some mushrooms but contaminated and fuckin my self up lol

or would they even fruit if it was contam
they'll fruit, depending when the contamination hits. on my larger monotubs, i'd typically get three or four flushes before the mean green showed its face. bacterial infections can do some wild shit to the fruit bodies too. you shouldn't eat anything that's been subject to contam, though, calling back to the sick, hospital, dead thing.

you don't want to unalive yourself because of being stubborn and not wanting to toss a failed experiment

Haha
ah man... i miss when my son was that age. he's four now, so still a bit of a shadow, but the lack of motor skill mastery at that stage is hilarious

they'll fruit, depending when the contamination hits. on my larger monotubs, i'd typically get three or four flushes before the mean green showed its face. bacterial infections can do some wild shit to the fruit bodies too. you shouldn't eat anything that's been subject to contam, though, calling back to the sick, hospital, dead thing.

you don't want to unalive yourself because of being stubborn and not wanting to toss a failed experiment
yea i dont want to be stubborn, just cheap and efficient lol.
gotta be around for her
ah man... i miss when my son was that age. he's four now, so still a bit of a shadow, but the lack of motor skill mastery at that stage is hilarious
its hilarious as she tries to balance and catch her self lol.

i never wanted kids, i never seen my self having a family.

but shes here, i love her and i wouldnt give her up for a $trillion, and im glad shes here.

so if youre fruit is contam its noticeable though? on the mushroom?

so if youre fruit is contam its noticeable though? on the mushroom?
not always. in the more advanced bacterial infections i've seen firsthand, the fruit bodies will mutate pretty severely and be anemic vs healthy fruits.

yea i dont want to be stubborn, just cheap and efficient lol.
gotta be around for her

its hilarious as she tries to balance and catch her self lol.

i never wanted kids, i never seen my self having a family.

but shes here, i love her and i wouldnt give her up for a $trillion, and im glad shes here.
same. tequila made my son, and he's the best damn thing to happen to me. now if only the mental health and vices would catch up with that positivity, it'd be a pretty great life.

yeah, it got irritating as hell tbh. aseptic technique is on point, i never had these kind of problems when i lived in NM. being the pnw is a whole other beast though. only place i've had contam rates like i have, and also the only place i've had multiple different kinds of plants fail due to botrytis.

shutting off the HVAC at least three hours before doing the work, bombing the working room with ozium multiple times before starting work, cleaning everything with 70% ISO... showering, wearing gloves, arm covers, and a respirator... none of it matters here apparently. the new house will be getting a dedicated clean room for the flow hood. a buddy and i are working on building a mushroom farm, he's focusing on the commercial varieties (oysters, buttons, shitake, lion's mane, etc) and i'm focusing on the exotics (reishi, maitake, cordyceps, etc).

so suffice to say i'm done playing fuck around with these high contam rates. gotta get those numbers down.

this
damn all that and still high contam rate?

not always. in the more advanced bacterial infections i've seen firsthand, the fruit bodies will mutate pretty severely and be anemic vs healthy fruits.
ahh ok
same. tequila made my son, and he's the best damn thing to happen to me. now if only the mental health and vices would catch up with that positivity, it'd be a pretty great life.
yea..liquor & coke.

indubitably lol

Haha
The ruler of your heart for the rest of your life… even though when they are teenagers the develop into some sort of spawn mutation that allows us the ability to be thankful when they move out… then ita back to ruling your heart again… oh and the worrying will shorten your lifespan lol

The ruler of your heart for the rest of your life… even though when they are teenagers the develop into some sort of spawn mutation that allows us the ability to be thankful when they move out… then ita back to ruling your heart again… oh and the worrying will shorten your lifespan lol
So true lol.

I believe they only eat organic matter. But i could be wrong. My understanding is you can’t just feed them synthetic nutrients

This would explain why mushroom compost is so popular for plant. If they ate up synthetic or ionic form they would take up all the nutrients that plant do and it wouldn’t be compost. I believe they break down organic matter and inturn supply ionic nutrients to the soil
what if that was in that scenario?

but, one of the things they CAN/COULD do if thats what the environment is calling for?

if its in another env and theres nothing around but its self and no symbiotic relationships have formed, it ll then uptake the ionic nutes its self?

but, one of the things they CAN/COULD do if thats what the environment is calling for?

if its in another env and theres nothing around but its self and no symbiotic relationships have formed, it ll then uptake the ionic nutes its self?

Once the food is gone they stop growing or we could just keep feeding them and not toss them after a few flushes. You will see what i mean when I say they actually eat the media

All this talk makes me think I'll grow some 'shrooms sometime soon.

In my misspent youth, I was deeply into acid. In the early 80s, I finally tried 'shrooms. So much smoother!

I used to do them for both the high and the philosophizing/deep insights into myself and the world. Now my main interest is the philosophizing/deep insights. Toward the end of my 'shrooming, I starting thinking it was sacrilege to use them just to get high.

I used to do incredibly stupid things, like get behind the wheel under the influence of them. I've literally driven hundreds of miles that way, including a trip to and through Death Valley. The notion of getting behind the wheel went like this:

1. No way! I can't drive!!!
2. No, no, it's insane!!
3. [Gets behind wheel, becomes one with the car.]
4. OK. Where to?

Don't try this at home.

All this talk makes me think I'll grow some 'shrooms sometime soon.

In my misspent youth, I was deeply into acid. In the early 80s, I finally tried 'shrooms. So much smoother!

I used to do them for both the high and the philosophizing/deep insights into myself and the world. Now my main interest is the philosophizing/deep insights. Toward the end of my 'shrooming, I starting thinking it was sacrilege to use them just to get high.

I used to do incredibly stupid things, like get behind the wheel under the influence of them. I've literally driven hundreds of miles that way, including a trip to and through Death Valley. The notion of getting behind the wheel went like this:

1. No way! I can't drive!!!
2. No, no, it's insane!!
3. [Gets behind wheel, becomes one with the car.]
4. OK. Where to?

Don't try this at home.
Happens to the best of us

You know, I would not be opposed to making lots of spawn bags and dropping them in the mail. Once I get my feet under me with all my other crap I got going.

Getting clean well developed spawn is 90% of the battle IMO. Once the spawn goes into the tub or whatever, it does not need to be strictly sterile any more.

You know, I would not be opposed to making lots of spawn bags and dropping them in the mail. Once I get my feet under me with all my other crap I got going.

Getting clean well developed spawn is 90% of the battle IMO. Once the spawn goes into the tub or whatever, it does not need to be strictly sterile any more.
100%

somewhat related, for anyone interested in building a laminar flow hood, you can also use that same clean air for tissue culturing. requires all the same aseptic techniques, but instead of shrooms you're doing it with tiny pieces of plant material.

Daaaamn dude. I would jump on that in a heartbeat, i also dont expect that to be free so just lmk man, very generous of ya.

Daaaamn dude. I would jump on that in a heartbeat, i also dont expect that to be free so just lmk man, very generous of ya.
I think my best strain is Nepal. I like to start it in Dextrose / water and then pour that on rye berries. Add that to some nice cow shit, and you got something!

Within a couple months I'll put some together. I'll let you know.

I think my best strain is Nepal. I like to start it in Dextrose / water and then pour that on rye berries. Add that to some nice cow shit, and you got something!

Within a couple months I'll put some together. I'll let you know.
I can get "nice" cow shit any day of the week lol.
I quoted nice because idk anyone who actually thinks shit is nice lmao.

I used horse manure… i forget the difference exactly but i think the potassium or lower N concentration. Been a bit aince i have done them

Back
Top Bottom