Auto Issues

Rootsruler

Know it all
Reaction score
My buddies growing an auto plant. He's having issues. Miracle Gro soil in a 3 gallon pot with an SF1000 for light. 76°/55%

Terrapin leaf issues.jpgTerrapin leaf issues A.jpg

Thank you! It is city water.

I got a ph water tester recently. I still need to learn how to use it. I'll have it ready for next watering.

Is there any benefit to cutting off the leaves for the plant in terms of energy to the buds? Or is it more of a hygienic thing?
With city water, you need to pull that up and let it sit at least 24 hours ahead of time in order to “gas off” the chlorine.
Learn to use that ph pen. Callibrate your pen prior to using it the first time. I recalibrate mine monthly.
There is great benefit in removing damaged and spent leaves. They will not recover and at not at a top production of anything good. You should always keep your leaves cut off that are touching the soil.
Next time, let’s get you started with a proper soil. If you really want to do this and be successful these are the beginning keys. 🙂

I agree with you.
I started running ProMix BX+ with added perlite and my grows went from good to fekkin great. ProMix is some really good stuff and theres no need to pH anything in promix. It does it all itself, its pretty much fool proof. I love the stuff ill never use anything else unless i go hydro.
Never tell a new grower that there is no need to ph. Every single cities water is different, even well waters. That will come back to bite ya right in the rear! 🥰

I guess the implication is that it's too late and I just have to ride it out?
Flush it, that will help somewhat. But truth is too far in, limited bloom period..so yeah. We gonna ride this one out. The fact that you have buds is amazing. Think about how much better your next grow will be!

With city water, you need to pull that up and let it sit at least 24 hours ahead of time in order to “gas off” the chlorine.
Learn to use that ph pen. Callibrate your pen prior to using it the first time. I recalibrate mine monthly.
There is great benefit in removing damaged and spent leaves. They will not recover and at not at a top production of anything good. You should always keep your leaves cut off that are touching the soil.
Next time, let’s get you started with a proper soil. If you really want to do this and be successful these are the beginning keys. 🙂
Okay, I'll cut them off . . . Thanks to you and the others for helping me understand this.

I've actually got another seed started (same variety) should be up today. I used a grow bag and Myko and Organics Lush on this one (2nd attempt).

Attachments

• IMG_20240129_122403341_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240129_122403341_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Never tell a new grower that there is no need to ph. Every single cities water is different, even well waters. That will come back to bite ya right in the rear! 🥰
True true.

So here, i fix i fix.

In my experience, with my chlorinated well water thats 7.2-7.6 ph, ive never had to change the ph of my water or let it sit out using promix.

True true.

So here, i fix i fix.

In my experience, with my chlorinated well water thats 7.2-7.6 ph, ive never had to change the ph of my water or let it sit out using promix.
Most of the time soil is forgiving and capable, but you know..there’s always that one bug in a fresh salad. A mistake I have made in the past.

Okay, I'll cut them off . . . Thanks to you and the others for helping me understand this.

I've actually got another seed started (same variety) should be up today. I used a grow bag and Myko and Organics Lush on this one (2nd attempt).
I have never used organic lush but if this soil is pre charged with nutrients you will have to hold back on nutrients till whats in soil is used up.

Most of the time soil is forgiving and capable, but you know..there’s always that one bug in a fresh salad. A mistake I have made in the past.
Yeah i always forget water is never the same ph for everyone.
I may have 7.2 ph water, but my neighbor on a different well might have 9ph water. And that definitely makes a difference.

Thanks for puttin me back in my place🤣🤣

Yeah i always forget water is never the same ph for everyone.
I may have 7.2 ph water, but my neighbor on a different well might have 9ph water. And that definitely makes a difference.

Thanks for puttin me back in my place🤣🤣
Awwww you know I loves ya! 😍

Soon as the seed pops surface take that plastic cover off.

As you said, she does look better and I do feel so much better looking at her.

Thanks man! 👍View attachment 41965
Looks a lot better to the eye she is not in as rough shape as she looked. Do you have drainage holes in that pot ? Feed her every watering but cut back on the nutes. Whats your lighting schedule ?

Looks a lot better to the eye she is not in as rough shape as she looked. Do you have drainage holes in that pot ? Feed her every watering but cut back on the nutes. Whats your lighting schedule ?

Yes to drainage holes. Lighting is 20-4.

Are you saying give her what I have been but at a lower strength?

Run your lighting 18 on 6 off give plants sleeping time. Are you running led lighting and how far from plant. Whats the temp and humidity level in grow area see top leaves canoeing a bit can be caused by over watering, temp and humidity. Add some epson salts in next nute batch hold off on the calmag your on city water should be calcium in it. Make sure soil is dried back before watering again go by weight or shove your finger in soil to check for moisture level. Oh yes if you use epsom salt get the plain one no scented epsom salt.

Feed every watering but cut back on nutrients. If nute bottle says 10 mil per gallon mixing rate you are going to use 3 mil the plant will tell you if wants more by fading a little

Run your lighting 18 on 6 off give plants sleeping time. Are you running led lighting and how far from plant. Whats the temp and humidity level in grow area see top leaves canoeing a bit can be caused by over watering, temp and humidity. Add some epson salts in next nute batch hold off on the calmag your on city water should be calcium in it. Make sure soil is dried back before watering again go by weight or shove your finger in soil to check for moisture level. Oh yes if you use epsom salt get the plain one no scented epsom salt.
Yes led, spider farmer 1000D at 12" -- 961 PPFD. Temp avg. 74 during day, 68-70 at night. Avg rh 50%.

It definitely had canoeing along the way.

I've realized after the fact I've created another issue for myself by growing a seedling next to a flowering plant. I think I can give them both proper light separately with my second light. But, I think I'm going to have to split the difference on humidity.

The seedling just popped up and I took the plastic lid off. 👍

I've realized after the fact I've created another issue for myself by growing a seedling next to a flowering plant. I think I can give them both proper light separately with my second light. But, I think I'm going to have to split the difference on humidity.
For most of my grows middle of the road is what I shoot for.

I would raise the light to 18 inches. over flowering plant. 50 percent humidity is good for both plant and seedling. Place your seedling away from direct light maybe in the corner that it gets light but not high exposure and seedling can run the 18/6 also

I would raise the light to 18 inches. over flowering plant. 50 percent humidity is good for both plant and seedling. Place your seedling away from direct light maybe in the corner that it gets light but not high exposure and seedling can run the 18/6 also

It sounds like I've been giving too many hours of light and too much intensity.

Do you think it would be okay to change the light schedule now while it's flowering even though it's been used to 20-4 for so long?

Yes change it to 18/6 will help with recovery and wont hurt plant also raise your light to 18-20 inches as plant matures and better health can always lower it back down if needed.

Back
Top Bottom