Auto Issues

Rootsruler

Know it all
Reaction score
My buddies growing an auto plant. He's having issues. Miracle Gro soil in a 3 gallon pot with an SF1000 for light. 76°/55%

Terrapin leaf issues.jpgTerrapin leaf issues A.jpg

I know they aren’t crazy about a lot of food. I assume my soil took care of that.
What did you plant in?
I have seen that the time from start to finish is all over the place.
When I ran some I used promix and pure blend pro grow at about 1/4 strength and still to much at times

I was going to hang my bud in the grow closet to dry, but I just read that it needs a dark place.

I've been looking at videos of people that hang their branches in cardboard boxes to dry.

I'm having trouble seeing a consensus about humidity and temp for drying. I wonder if anyone here could help me with this

I was going to hang my bud in the grow closet to dry, but I just read that it needs a dark place.

I've been looking at videos of people that hang their branches in cardboard boxes to dry.

I'm having trouble seeing a consensus about humidity and temp for drying. I wonder if anyone here could help me with this
Dry at 60% humidity and 60 degrees F in the dark. Slow dry for 10 days+

I strip the plants at harvest and dry on drying nets

Dry at 60% humidity and 60 degrees F in the dark. Slow dry for 10 days+

I strip the plants at harvest and dry on drying nets
I hang the entire plant. In the dark like Smoke sez, 60* and at 55-60% humidity. Allow it to hang until your big branches snap when bent.

Are you saying you put just the buds in something like this?

View attachment 43709
I hang mine in the back of a dark closet sometimes when I run out of room , I use that same net when I strip and wet trim like smoke - sometimes I do it like granny just all depends on what you have to work with 60/60 rule is a great starting point .

I agree with what has been said for frying so far.
I also use paper bags to allow the dry/ dark and slow it down.
The bag like the box can be open or closed.
Do you have any way to track humidity once you go to jar or bag?
I use these ;

I use these ;
Guess we could say 60-60-60
60 %humidity drying
60 degrees drying
60 % humidity curing

I use these ;
I like those but I try and get the ones with the probe so they can do double duty on measuring stats in tents if need be. I found one of the ones in the set I had ordered originally to monitor the 2x2's and used it to monitor under the canopy in the 5 x 5. Kind of nice to know what the environmentals are under the canopy.

How is the new seed coming along ?

I feel like she is doing super good based on a comparison of the other one. What I have learned most so far about this one is that even at this early seedling stage, the smallest change in DLI can have an immediate and positive impact. In my case reducing light intensity.

IMG_20240209_154229498.jpgIMG_20231214_192038663~4.jpg

@Rootsruler It's still high. I noticed the true leaves going a little papery the other day on the new one Bertha, and have been moving the lamp up progressively. I think I had it too intense to start.

I can reduce it more even with the SF by raising my separate lamp over it if I need to for the remaining time in the first two weeks according to the chart

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240209-161826.png
    Screenshot_20240209-161826.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Even the cotyledon leaves on "the other one" are a vibrant green and nice and plump compared to when Bertha was just a wee sprout! Great Start!!!! (y)

Is your DLI for the sprout in range even though it's set for your Bertha plant?

Actually if I just turn off my drywall light the SF is right on the money at 12 but that just seems too low and the seedling starts to stretch sideways towards the SF

Otherwise, it's Friday somewhere 🤔😂

Last edited:
6-10DLI is common for starting seeds.
1-2 weeks above soil you start to increase IME.
I am the king of trying to use too much light too early..;)

I don't know if what I'm observing is coming across in my pictures . . . but here's a perfect example. With a light adjustment in the last two hours the leaves are not as smooth and are getting their ribbed texture again. I'll probably end up going closer to 12 DLI tomorrow at this rate.

Hopefully I'm not delving into the minutia of growing a sprout too much here . . . My excuse is I'm learning to smoke indica now for the first time. This seems to add a new dimension to growing seedlings. 😂☮️🕉️

Back
Top Bottom