Attachments

• IMG_6917.jpeg
    IMG_6917.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6915.jpeg
    IMG_6915.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Something interesting that happened over the last 5 years -- the Amish in the Michigan-Ohio-Indiana area (and propbably other areas where they live) have completely capitalized on their barn-raising skills.

Starting 3-4 years ago, I've gotten a growing number of clients who want to build "barndominiums," which are essentially pole barns with living quarters in part of it. (Pole barns are what we used to call "barns" in the old days. It really helps now that they added the word pole.) In the last couple of years, all these barndominiums seem to be built by Amish companies.

I've seen two types of barndominium builders: Either the wife is a horse fanatic, or the husband wants a place to tinker with cars, boats or what have you. Ohio is still illegal, so you can be sure none of that "what have you" is growing weed. Right?
I m staying by lots of those some are pretty nice with camper hook ups and all sorts of stuff .

Something interesting that happened over the last 5 years -- the Amish in the Michigan-Ohio-Indiana area (and propbably other areas where they live) have completely capitalized on their barn-raising skills.

Starting 3-4 years ago, I've gotten a growing number of clients who want to build "barndominiums," which are essentially pole barns with living quarters in part of it. (Pole barns are what we used to call "barns" in the old days. It really helps now that they added the word pole.) In the last couple of years, all these barndominiums seem to be built by Amish companies.

I've seen two types of barndominium builders: Either the wife is a horse fanatic, or the husband wants a place to tinker with cars, boats or what have you. Ohio is still illegal, so you can be sure none of that "what have you" is growing weed. Right?
I had Amish builders build my barn. Amazing what those men can do as teamwork in the matter of one day. They showed up around 8 am, rode to town at noon for tea and ice cream and still had a thirty by fifty barn up in one day! Very well built too! Worth every penny for the quality work they do, and still cheaper than any other bids. I’d definitely do it again.

I had Amish builders build my barn. Amazing what those men can do as teamwork in the matter of one day. They showed up around 8 am, rode to town at noon for tea and ice cream and still had a thirty by fifty barn up in one day! Very well built too! Worth every penny for the quality work they do, and still cheaper than any other bids. I’d definitely do it again.
They're definitely good at it and no one beats their prices. It's funny -- given my work, rooting around in soil, this time of year I'm in a t-shirt and work pants, dirty as all hell, within 10 minutes of starting work in the morning. These guys are in nice clean, pressed, button-down shirts and pants, whether it's 8:00 AM or quitting time.

I m staying by lots of those some are pretty nice with camper hook ups and all sorts of stuff .
They're pretty cool. If I were a young home buyer, it would be the way to go for me. A lot of people build one with the intent of building a more traditional house on the property when they have the money.

Morning CG. Glad your up and around, seemingly in a good mood. 👍😝

It was a good night. Only 18c. Just wish I could sleep more at night.

Here is hoping the weather stays nice a few days. 🤞
Morninnnnn Zen!
On the normal I wake up in a good mood everyday. I am strangely human tho..and I too have my days. I think we are all living in a shit storm, just struggling to keep the stink off of our souls.
It’s weird here this morning. Sixty degrees and foggy in July..nuts! Enjoying the heck out of my coffee and smoke on the porch this morning in a jacket, no less.
Tomorrow is planting day according to the moon and planets, I’m ready for that too.
Hope your day is good!

Morning yall, my kids let me sleep in til 10 am....I feel like I'm in a time warp...what is this unrecognizable place where I actually have energy?
Day off and still woke up before 4am...
I love the early morning and watching the sunrise from wherever I am that day.

Man it’s cold on my front porch tonight. A cup of hot coffee, a long sleeved shirt and thinking about socks..

Morning all~!
My and my wifes favorite outdoor flower this year.
0721231410_Burst03.jpg

Been a nice couple of days with plenty of sun.
Just trying to enjoy my little water hole that I placed where my green house was last year.
Pulled a quote from another thread;
It takes quite a bit to truly get the middle finger from me. Hell I flip my friends off, you might get the middle finger because you are a buddy....the serious firm middle finger is a hard thing to get from me 😁
0721231343b.jpg
Love you all. :LOL:
I hope the sun shines on all of you~! :love:

Every community has a little different lifestyle/rules - here ya see them driving e bikes and skidsteers/bobcat to the store as well as horse and carriage

Every community has a little different lifestyle/rules - here ya see them driving e bikes and skidsteers/bobcat to the store as well as horse and carriage
Ya they are pretty relaxed here in Grabill. They all have phones. Own cars and tractors.a couple of my younger friends secretly have thier drivers license. That's why all the Amish cars have super tinted windows.lol.

My one Amish budy used to have sub woofers under his crushed velvet seat on his buggy. He had to take them out when he passed one of the bishops coming up over a hill bumping.lol.

I miss our hibiscus. I knew it wouldn’t make it through winter but it flowered until snow fall. Big orange flowers. About the size of yours.

Wifey hasn’t bought any flowers this year. Prices got nuts fast this year. We cut back but yard looks empty of colour compared to past years.

I miss our hibiscus. I knew it wouldn’t make it through winter but it flowered until snow fall. Big orange flowers. About the size of yours.

Wifey hasn’t bought any flowers this year. Prices got nuts fast this year. We cut back but yard looks empty of colour compared to past years.
That hibiscus is 34 years old. I bring it in for the winter and out for the summer. I blooms all winter about one bloom a week

Back
Top Bottom