@Pipecarver why is the rain coming into your basement?
We had torrential rains, 12" in 24hrs, bridges out, traffic is a nightmare....I had 4" through my whole basement, I pumped it out one day and it was back in the next. Water table so high there was no where for the water to drain to. We've had 2 days of clear weather so the water has drained out but cement floors at 99% humidity take a while to dry, I've 5 fans blowing on the floors and the humidity is down to 60% today.....so I'm getting there. 1 plant at 7 weeks 6 plants at 3 weeks in flower......not a good time for the high humidity but they look good and the buds are small on the 7 week old anyways so....just a bump not a complete loss.

I found him on Reddit and told him to join up. He laughed about there only being 8 people online and said something about a couple "know-it-alls" he wasn't a fan of. Those particular "know-it-alls" have helped me tremendously on my first grow. Shoutout to @Moe.Red and @Aqua Man for getting me this far as I just flipped to flower on Sunday and have had a nearly trouble-free run so far.

@smoke @Rootsruler @steamroller also. Ya'll have been there for me from the beginning. Steam gets a special thanks for inviting me into the community. You the man, man.
Hmmm know it alls or know nothings…. I think you on the right side of the fence if looking to learn. As stupid as it sounds some ppl really don’t like to learn and feel insulted when they are wrong or make a mistake rather than use the opportunity to learn. Thats generally where you hear the someone say know it alls IME atleast.

Hmmm know it alls or know nothings…. I think you on the right side of the fence if looking to learn. As stupid as it sounds some ppl really don’t like to learn and feel insulted when they are wrong or make a mistake rather than use the opportunity to learn. Thats generally where you hear the someone say know it alls IME atleast.
Man, you really do know it all.

To me a know it all gives me information about something I didn't ask for or care about in great detail.

To me a know it all gives me information about something I didn't ask for or care about in great detail.
I think you might like to brush up on your Chili skills my man. I know you didn't ask for it, but I know what is best for you.

Judge #3 was an inexperienced Chili taster named Frank, who was visiting from Springfield, IL.

Frank: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table, asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy; and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted and became Judge 3."

Here are the scorecard notes from the event:

CHILI # 1 - MIKE'S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick. Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild. Judge # 3 (Frank) -- Holy crap, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

CHILI # 2 - AUSTIN 'S AFTERBURNER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang. Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously. Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI # 3 - FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick. Judge # 2 -- A bit salty, good use of peppers. Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone know s the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting shit-faced from all of the beer.

CHILI # 4 - BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC

Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing. Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili. Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beer maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. This 300 lb. woman is starting to look HOT .. just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

CHILI # 5 - LISA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER

Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive. Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement. Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted, and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really ticks me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw them.

CHILI # 6 - VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY

Judge # 1 -- Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers. Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, garlic. Superb. Judge # 3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I crapped on myself when I farted, and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

CHILI # 7 - SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers. Judge # 2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge #3. He appears to be a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably. Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI # 8 - BIG TOM'S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI

Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence. Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor feller, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?
Judge # 3 - No Report

I think you might like to brush up on your Chili skills my man. I know you didn't ask for it, but I know what is best for you.

Judge #3 was an inexperienced Chili taster named Frank, who was visiting from Springfield, IL.

Frank: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table, asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy; and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted and became Judge 3."

Here are the scorecard notes from the event:

CHILI # 1 - MIKE'S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick. Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild. Judge # 3 (Frank) -- Holy crap, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

CHILI # 2 - AUSTIN 'S AFTERBURNER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang. Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously. Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI # 3 - FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick. Judge # 2 -- A bit salty, good use of peppers. Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone know s the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting shit-faced from all of the beer.

CHILI # 4 - BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC

Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing. Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili. Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beer maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. This 300 lb. woman is starting to look HOT .. just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

CHILI # 5 - LISA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER

Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive. Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement. Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted, and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really ticks me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw them.

CHILI # 6 - VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY

Judge # 1 -- Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers. Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, garlic. Superb. Judge # 3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I crapped on myself when I farted, and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

CHILI # 7 - SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers. Judge # 2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge #3. He appears to be a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably. Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI # 8 - BIG TOM'S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI

Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence. Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor feller, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?
Judge # 3 - No Report
I haven’t seen that in years. Gives me stitches from laughing every time.

I gotta go do a clean here in a few, but just wanted to post a little quandary. Have you ever had an interaction with someone that you thought you knew well that made you question if you know them as well as you thought you did? Here's the scenario... I had a clean a bit ago in the middle of nowhere... quite a bit further out than I usually go, but they offered to pay extra for gas, so I took the gig. Huge beautiful camp that was just getting opened for what's left of summer...so I took along a friend to help so we could do it in one day. Anyway... on the way home, I narrowly missed a 2x4 with several very long nails sitting point up in the middle of the road... so I turned around to remove it from the road. My friend asks what I'm doing, I say going to take that board out of the road, she asks why... I say what do you mean why, so some poor fuck doesn't blow out thier tires... and she's genuinely surprised that I would take the 5 minutes to do something nice for some future stranger that may or may not see this board... and I'm genuinely surprised that she's surprised by this. She says we'll I wouldn't and I don't think many others would either... I have places to be! I'm like, well what if you were the one that hit it because some other person drove on by? She was just like, well, that's life! Now I would have done this on any road, but especially there, in the wilderness where you can go miles between houses and there's no cell service... if you blow out a tire there and don't know how to change it or don't have a spare... it's gonna be a real bad day. So it was on a big curve and I had to go a little ways to turn around, and by the time I got there, another person that I had just passed had turned around as well and was removing the board. So I said to her, well we're in the middle of nowhere and here's two people willing to do something nice for some unknown person, so maybe altruism isn't as uncommon as you think? She just shrugged and now I'm questioning her morals and character lol. What say you BudBuilders, would you have turned around for the board, or kept on trucking? Am I reading too much into this interaction?

I wanna be the first to wish you all a happy Friday!

Mainly because I usually don't know what day it is.

I figure I have a 1 in 7 chances of being right, and 6 in 7 chances of looking like a stoner (heaven forbid!).

:)

I gotta go do a clean here in a few, but just wanted to post a little quandary. Have you ever had an interaction with someone that you thought you knew well that made you question if you know them as well as you thought you did? Here's the scenario... I had a clean a bit ago in the middle of nowhere... quite a bit further out than I usually go, but they offered to pay extra for gas, so I took the gig. Huge beautiful camp that was just getting opened for what's left of summer...so I took along a friend to help so we could do it in one day. Anyway... on the way home, I narrowly missed a 2x4 with several very long nails sitting point up in the middle of the road... so I turned around to remove it from the road. My friend asks what I'm doing, I say going to take that board out of the road, she asks why... I say what do you mean why, so some poor fuck doesn't blow out thier tires... and she's genuinely surprised that I would take the 5 minutes to do something nice for some future stranger that may or may not see this board... and I'm genuinely surprised that she's surprised by this. She says we'll I wouldn't and I don't think many others would either... I have places to be! I'm like, well what if you were the one that hit it because some other person drove on by? She was just like, well, that's life! Now I would have done this on any road, but especially there, in the wilderness where you can go miles between houses and there's no cell service... if you blow out a tire there and don't know how to change it or don't have a spare... it's gonna be a real bad day. So it was on a big curve and I had to go a little ways to turn around, and by the time I got there, another person that I had just passed had turned around as well and was removing the board. So I said to her, well we're in the middle of nowhere and here's two people willing to do something nice for some unknown person, so maybe altruism isn't as uncommon as you think? She just shrugged and now I'm questioning her morals and character lol. What say you BudBuilders, would you have turned around for the board, or kept on trucking? Am I reading too much into this interaction?
NTA.

"Not the Asshole" for folks that dont reddit.

Girl, you had the right idea! I get it. I’m a turtle flipper. I see one up on its back in the road, I go back and turn him over. Sometimes we learn things about others that we don’t like. Tells me she can’t be bothered, and more than likely that would apply to you. You read this one right, sorry to say 🙁

100% would have turned around… if you can help someone you should.

Hell i watched at least 10-15 able bodied ppl walk past an old couple trying to fill their flat tire at a gas station. When i cam out and they were still going at it i went to help. I was a bit taken back how surprised they were that a stranger would help them. While filling the tire i look and found a screw i it so i asked them if they wanted me to fix it for them and their mouths just about hit the pavement. I had a tire repair kit in my car so why would i not????

I explained that it was a temporary patch and they would need to have the tire repaired properly from the inside but the plug patch will last them as ling as they like until they can get it done but that it would not pass safely with a plug patch. They tried to give me $100 cash to which i replied “its not a good deed if you accept money for it”…. What if that were your parents

I like to think most have good will towards humanity even if it is dwindling these days.

It definitely shows her character . I would stop for sure. I ride a Motorcycle and that could be deadly, especially on a curve. I also stop for turtles too.

That same thing sort of happened to me but on a busy freeway in L.A.

Someone lost an aluminum ladder on the freeway and cars were hitting it and fucking up their cars. I saw it from a distance but noticed no one was slowing down for these people or the ladder. They just drove by it. I got in the lane it was in and slowed down traffic until I came to a stop in front of it with my hazard lights on. Assholes behind me were honking not knowing why I was fucking up traffic more than it already is in L.A. I got out and dragged the ladder to the side of the road so that people wouldn't be fucking up their cars. A couple of motorcycle riders stopped to keep traffic from hitting me while I was doing this and thanked me for removing it. Otherwise no one really cared.

I guess a lot of people out there just DGAF anymore about anyone but themselves and what's in front of them.

Girl, you had the right idea! I get it. I’m a turtle flipper. I see one up on its back in the road, I go back and turn him over. Sometimes we learn things about others that we don’t like. Tells me she can’t be bothered, and more than likely that would apply to you. You read this one right, sorry to say 🙁
Oh yes I'm a turtle mover as well, I'll pull over and help them cross... they're usually not appreciative, especially the big snappers we have here... but they can't crane thier necks around to take a finger, so they can snap and hiss all they like. 🤣

It definitely shows her character . I would stop for sure. I ride a Motorcycle and that could be deadly, especially on a curve. I also stop for turtles too.
Yes I rode Harleys for many years and my dad is a biker, so that's always a thought too... guess my mama just raised me to have empathy and compassion, not all people have that I guess. My parents were crazy, but they did a few things right lol.

Empathy and compassion are in short supply today. It used to be the norm.
You have those riding through life that don’t give two shits about anyone.. but mostly themselves. Then you have those crazy ass turtle flippers.
It’s me for one, I’m a crazy ass turtle flipper! I’m happy to know there are two more crazy ass turtle flippers..and a ladder mover or two..

No question i would have stopped too.

I woulda stopped but not because I'm any sort of humanitarian. I woulda stopped because that sounds like a perfectly good piece of lumber I could use and that shit's expensive! That's how I found my favorite bucket too!

For real though, that's people today and it's way worse in the city.
Litterbugs are my pet peeve. Cant stand litter and believe it's inexcusable. So when I walk my dogs I often pick up litter along my way, sometimes filling up a 15 gallon kitchen trash bag. When people see me doing that, they look at me as though I'm a leper or have bugs coming out of my nose. Even stranger looks when I pick up dog poop not from my dogs. I've even been asked why I'm doing that. If somebody has to ask another person why they're picking up litter and dog poop they didn't create, to me that tells me all I need to know about how that person thinks.

Okay I got stuff to do today. It’s my fav things too. cough cough Like tear down my hydro cloner and delime it, poking tiny things in sprayer nozzles. I’m excited! Oh buddy! I just can’t think of a single thing I’d rather be doing.. Unless it would be something that covers even more real estate, like scrubbing grouting in tile.
I relent… it’s all lies! I’d rather eat dirt…
Wishing a fantastic day upon you all, catch ya this evening 😜

I woulda stopped but not because I'm any sort of humanitarian. I woulda stopped because that sounds like a perfectly good piece of lumber I could use and that shit's expensive! That's how I found my favorite bucket too!

For real though, that's people today and it's way worse in the city.
Litterbugs are my pet peeve. Cant stand litter and believe it's inexcusable. So when I walk my dogs I often pick up litter along my way, sometimes filling up a 15 gallon kitchen trash bag. When people see me doing that, they look at me as though I'm a leper or have bugs coming out of my nose. Even stranger looks when I pick up dog poop not from my dogs. I've even been asked why I'm doing that. If somebody has to ask another person why they're picking up litter and dog poop they didn't create, to me that tells me all I need to know about how that person thinks.
Yeah I always pick up litter, that drives me crazy too. I don't think I've ever gone on a hike and returned without other people's trash... like seriously, you're going to leave your junk up here in the high peaks, in this pristine wilderness? Is it that hard to put it back in your pack, it's obviously lighter after you ate or drank it and you carted it up the mountain, so it's pure laziness, people suck. My son and I take a few rounds around our neighborhood every spring with a wagon and some trash bags and fill them right up, and he gets the money from the cans lol... trying to instill some sort of ethics in him since they seem to be in such short supply these days.

Okay I got stuff to do today. It’s my fav things too. cough cough Like tear down my hydro cloner and delime it, poking tiny things in sprayer nozzles. I’m excited! Oh buddy! I just can’t think of a single thing I’d rather be doing.. Unless it would be something that covers even more real estate, like scrubbing grouting in tile.
I relent… it’s all lies! I’d rather eat dirt…
Wishing a fantastic day upon you all, catch ya this evening 😜
Soak em in CLR?

Yeah I always pick up litter, that drives me crazy too. I don't think I've ever gone on a hike and returned without other people's trash... like seriously, you're going to leave your junk up here in the high peaks, in this pristine wilderness? Is it that hard to put it back in your pack, it's obviously lighter after you ate or drank it and you carted it up the mountain, so it's pure laziness, people suck. My son and I take a few rounds around our neighborhood every spring with a wagon and some trash bags and fill them right up, and he gets the money from the cans lol... trying to instill some sort of ethics in him since they seem to be in such short supply these days.
Mount Everest is dam near a land fill now

Back
Top Bottom