Hmmm know it alls or know nothings…. I think you on the right side of the fence if looking to learn. As stupid as it sounds some ppl really don’t like to learn and feel insulted when they are wrong or make a mistake rather than use the opportunity to learn. Thats generally where you hear the someone say know it alls IME atleast.
some of us are stubborn and ignore good advice and like to learn from their own mistakes, and then go ah.... them mofos were right! lol

I gotta go do a clean here in a few, but just wanted to post a little quandary. Have you ever had an interaction with someone that you thought you knew well that made you question if you know them as well as you thought you did? Here's the scenario... I had a clean a bit ago in the middle of nowhere... quite a bit further out than I usually go, but they offered to pay extra for gas, so I took the gig. Huge beautiful camp that was just getting opened for what's left of summer...so I took along a friend to help so we could do it in one day. Anyway... on the way home, I narrowly missed a 2x4 with several very long nails sitting point up in the middle of the road... so I turned around to remove it from the road. My friend asks what I'm doing, I say going to take that board out of the road, she asks why... I say what do you mean why, so some poor fuck doesn't blow out thier tires... and she's genuinely surprised that I would take the 5 minutes to do something nice for some future stranger that may or may not see this board... and I'm genuinely surprised that she's surprised by this. She says we'll I wouldn't and I don't think many others would either... I have places to be! I'm like, well what if you were the one that hit it because some other person drove on by? She was just like, well, that's life! Now I would have done this on any road, but especially there, in the wilderness where you can go miles between houses and there's no cell service... if you blow out a tire there and don't know how to change it or don't have a spare... it's gonna be a real bad day. So it was on a big curve and I had to go a little ways to turn around, and by the time I got there, another person that I had just passed had turned around as well and was removing the board. So I said to her, well we're in the middle of nowhere and here's two people willing to do something nice for some unknown person, so maybe altruism isn't as uncommon as you think? She just shrugged and now I'm questioning her morals and character lol. What say you BudBuilders, would you have turned around for the board, or kept on trucking? Am I reading too much into this interaction?

you're right. i'm blown away sometimes by that stuff... there is a coworker at work who just lost his wife this past friday, he found out when she didn't pick him up for work... he found a ride home and police were there, she had passed. that shit moves me like nothing other....

so the other day I was going on our daily building inspection/reason to get a walk in/exercise while on the clock and i see this guy who lost his wife for the first time since it happened. We are not close, never hung out once outta work. I talk to him while my coworker is next to me, I find out he doesn't have a license but is still driving to work, but scared to drive for anything else. Right away, without hesitation i tell him to call me if he ever needs a ride for errands or whatever. My coworker is like "oh do you live close?" I say to both, i have no idea where he lives, it doesn't matter. She is surprised by my response. I'm just blown away how people think a willingness to help others should have qualifying factors like "only if it inconveniences me this much will i help someone" kinda BS mentality....

Yes, Stop to pick up hazards. I am also the one to stop and get crossing turtles across the road. When we go out to the mountains after a storm I will pull big limbs from the road instead of driving around it and leaving for the next guy. It gets under my skin too when people act like that. You do have to be careful nowadays that you won't get sued for helping someone, which is a shame... @TSD you and the guy who removed the board aren't the only ones, keep on doing right!! even if no one else "gets it"

Oh! forgot big reason i came on:

I just had that big final tech interview today... It couldn't have gone any better IMO!!!!!! I aced or got 99% on their version of an IQ test, aced all the technical questions and logic questions, received many smiles from the interviewers, and even got them to laugh. I had been preparing for a technical test 3x as hard as what they asked me. Just had to write some pseudo code on prime numbers and a few SQL JOINs to show I know the stuff. If I get an offer, they say it will be about 2 weeks from now, and I would start after my graduation date (this fall/winter).

Took the day off to do this interview which lasted 2 hours... a lot of testing. I am so pumped now, I need to smoke a big doobie to get over this temporary sobriety! Salary is almost double what I make now, while money isn't everything, it is SOMETHING. lol. But besides the money I really like the company, FAST Enterprises, they do community outreach stuff, and coding camps for female students in high school taught by actual FAST employees(who volunteer for this). Seems like a good company to work for, and a good fit for my wife and I.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!!

some of us are stubborn and ignore good advice and like to learn from their own mistakes, and then go ah.... them mofos were right! lol

you're right. i'm blown away sometimes by that stuff... there is a coworker at work who just lost his wife this past friday, he found out when she didn't pick him up for work... he found a ride home and police were there, she had passed. that shit moves me like nothing other....

so the other day I was going on our daily building inspection/reason to get a walk in/exercise while on the clock and i see this guy who lost his wife for the first time since it happened. We are not close, never hung out once outta work. I talk to him while my coworker is next to me, I find out he doesn't have a license but is still driving to work, but scared to drive for anything else. Right away, without hesitation i tell him to call me if he ever needs a ride for errands or whatever. My coworker is like "oh do you live close?" I say to both, i have no idea where he lives, it doesn't matter. She is surprised by my response. I'm just blown away how people think a willingness to help others should have qualifying factors like "only if it inconveniences me this much will i help someone" kinda BS mentality....

Yes, Stop to pick up hazards. I am also the one to stop and get crossing turtles across the road. When we go out to the mountains after a storm I will pull big limbs from the road instead of driving around it and leaving for the next guy. It gets under my skin too when people act like that. You do have to be careful nowadays that you won't get sued for helping someone, which is a shame... @TSD you and the guy who removed the board aren't the only ones, keep on doing right!! even if no one else "gets it"

I just had that big final tech interview today... It couldn't have gone any better IMO!!!!!! I aced or got 99% on their version of an IQ test, aced all the technical questions and logic questions, received many smiles from the interviewers, and even got them to laugh. I had been preparing for a technical test 3x as hard as what they asked me. Just had to write some pseudo code on prime numbers and a few SQL JOINs to show I know the stuff. If I get an offer, they say it will be about 2 weeks from now, and I would start after my graduation date (this fall/winter).

Took the day off to do this interview which lasted 2 hours... a lot of testing. I am so pumped now, I need to smoke a big doobie to get over this temporary sobriety! Salary is almost double what I make now, while money isn't everything, it is SOMETHING. lol. But besides the money I really like the company, FAST Enterprises, they do community outreach stuff, and coding camps for female students in high school taught by actual FAST employees(who volunteer for this). Seems like a good company to work for, and a good fit for my wife and I.

Congrats ninja :geek:👏👊

God only knows what they were up to in there, and furthermore, susan, i wouldnt be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marijuana cigarettes.
REEFERS!

Favorite part to that song, lol

Hands @SweetLeafGrow a tambourine, gives @GoodShit97 a five gallon bucket and a set of drum sticks..hands @ninjadip a kazoo..puts on my dark sunglasses.. Now, let’s play it boyzzz..
Yeah, they were dancing and singing
And moving to the grooving
And just when it hit me
Somebody turned around and shouted

Play that funky music, white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music, white boy
Lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til you die.

Real story I remember playing the fear and loathing soundtrack in the car when I had my learners with my mom and this song came on, and she's like oh I like this, they are talking about Jesus... 🙄 I was like yep..... Lol

Moms is super religious and super anti weed lol still cracks me up when I hear this song about that time

Big storm today knocked power out for a few hours and fried my monitor power supply. I hope that's what it is... It only read 2.4v instead of 19v. $5 power supply is a lot cheaper than a new gaming monitor

Real story I remember playing the fear and loathing soundtrack in the car when I had my learners with my mom and this song came on, and she's like oh I like this, they are talking about Jesus... 🙄 I was like yep..... Lol

Moms is super religious and super anti weed lol still cracks me up when I hear this song about that time

Big storm today knocked power out for a few hours and fried my monitor power supply. I hope that's what it is... It only read 2.4v instead of 19v. $5 power supply is a lot cheaper than a new gaming monitor
This one required two emoji’s. One laughing face for the story and one sad face for frying your cord!

Good morning all.

Hope the day finds you well. Still stressing but had a better day than expected, just less than stellar results.

Hope the updates go well or the backups if needed. 🤣

Looks like I might be harvesting this weekend. Need to take a few good scope shots to see, maybe a sample too. 😝

More rain and humidity today. So sucky day ahead.

Night Moves is playing in my head. Like Bob Segar(sp?).

Must be time to sit on the stoop and vape. Two days in a row before noon…not got but so what?

Just tired. Come on Willow, let’s go see.
We were working and practicing, Night Moves Aaagggggggggggggghhhhhheeeeeh I said we working and practicing The Night Moves. Ain't it funny. Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band was their name, fame and poetry was their game. Really played that casette 10K.

We had torrential rains, 12" in 24hrs, bridges out, traffic is a nightmare....I had 4" through my whole basement, I pumped it out one day and it was back in the next. Water table so high there was no where for the water to drain to. We've had 2 days of clear weather so the water has drained out but cement floors at 99% humidity take a while to dry, I've 5 fans blowing on the floors and the humidity is down to 60% today.....so I'm getting there. 1 plant at 7 weeks 6 plants at 3 weeks in flower......not a good time for the high humidity but they look good and the buds are small on the 7 week old anyways so....just a bump not a complete loss.
My wife and I swept 3 big garbage bags of leaves and tree branches from that same wind. Our neighborhood is on top of a hill, so it wont flood, but monsoon rainy season here. Have to tell you, am happy to hear we're on the samev🌋🌎🌎🌎

it's a sad day today RIP Randy Meisner. actually he passed away last night. i know Randy liked to smoke a bowl or two so here's to Randy Meisner.

Superb singer who brought the house down I saw him perform Nightingale and Keep on Trying at Curtis Hickson hall in Tampa. Heck of a band in rock n roll heaven.

I gotta go do a clean here in a few, but just wanted to post a little quandary. Have you ever had an interaction with someone that you thought you knew well that made you question if you know them as well as you thought you did? Here's the scenario... I had a clean a bit ago in the middle of nowhere... quite a bit further out than I usually go, but they offered to pay extra for gas, so I took the gig. Huge beautiful camp that was just getting opened for what's left of summer...so I took along a friend to help so we could do it in one day. Anyway... on the way home, I narrowly missed a 2x4 with several very long nails sitting point up in the middle of the road... so I turned around to remove it from the road. My friend asks what I'm doing, I say going to take that board out of the road, she asks why... I say what do you mean why, so some poor fuck doesn't blow out thier tires... and she's genuinely surprised that I would take the 5 minutes to do something nice for some future stranger that may or may not see this board... and I'm genuinely surprised that she's surprised by this. She says we'll I wouldn't and I don't think many others would either... I have places to be! I'm like, well what if you were the one that hit it because some other person drove on by? She was just like, well, that's life! Now I would have done this on any road, but especially there, in the wilderness where you can go miles between houses and there's no cell service... if you blow out a tire there and don't know how to change it or don't have a spare... it's gonna be a real bad day. So it was on a big curve and I had to go a little ways to turn around, and by the time I got there, another person that I had just passed had turned around as well and was removing the board. So I said to her, well we're in the middle of nowhere and here's two people willing to do something nice for some unknown person, so maybe altruism isn't as uncommon as you think? She just shrugged and now I'm questioning her morals and character lol. What say you BudBuilders, would you have turned around for the board, or kept on trucking? Am I reading too much into this interaction?
I do it all the time. But I ride a bike. Loosing my front tire is a worry at any time. Why leave it when it takes a few seconds to stop and toss it?

IDK, just me. 🤷‍♂️

Yes I rode Harleys for many years and my dad is a biker, so that's always a thought too... guess my mama just raised me to have empathy and compassion, not all people have that I guess. My parents were crazy, but they did a few things right lol.
I find most who ride are better at helping than those in a cage. Same with off road community. Just seem to help a little quicker than “normal” folks IME.

Empathy and compassion are in short supply today. It used to be the norm.
You have those riding through life that don’t give two shits about anyone.. but mostly themselves. Then you have those crazy ass turtle flippers.
It’s me for one, I’m a crazy ass turtle flipper! I’m happy to know there are two more crazy ass turtle flippers..and a ladder mover or two..
Up at my moms old place they have a road Victoria 35 iirc. Daughter and I called it turtle road. Every year at the end of the road in May we would see baby turtles crossing. And sometimes a huge snapping turtle. Even in full gear she had me watching her…didn’t appreciate our help at all. 😝

When terms like “garbage island” or “plastic island” exist you know we’ve gone to far.
Most of the world is not ready for single use plastic items. Maybe none of the world is.

There are some cities in developing countries that I've been to that look like garbage dumps, with plastic trash everywhere. A few years ago, Kenya went so far as to outlaw plastic bags.

I found this out when I arrived with a duffel bag full of Ziplocs to hold soil samples.

Congrats ! The search is over .

Back
Top Bottom