Day four of sobriety and I forgot to grab coffee this weekend. Lord help me have the patience that my apprentices deserve 🤣
The wild dreams should come soon....I always find when I take a break I get real vivid dreams. I will share one lol just to pass some time.

I had a dream (idk that this is a proper start lol 🤦‍♂️) anyway. This dream was wild my grandfather had passed away years prior but in this dream he was alive. Someone had stolen something out of his barn. We all showed up to look around for stuff missing and just help out in general. My brother was home from LA in the dream, and it was the highlight of this one. He had this bandana tied around his head Kung fu style and we were talking about living cost on the west coast. I was like "how do you afford it?", his reply was that he found a way to eat cheap. He was like "I just buy these little fish in a can" and had some sardine looking fish that he was eating. The manner he was eating them in was the true weird stuff, like little corn on the cobs just leaving the head and tail to toss in the trash...and he was plowing through them hungry as hell. I woke up and text my dream so I didn't forget. We still laugh about it.

The wild dreams should come soon....I always find when I take a break I get real vivid dreams. I will share one lol just to pass some time.

I had a dream (idk that this is a proper start lol 🤦‍♂️) anyway. This dream was wild my grandfather had passed away years prior but in this dream he was alive. Someone had stolen something out of his barn. We all showed up to look around for stuff missing and just help out in general. My brother was home from LA in the dream, and it was the highlight of this one. He had this bandana tied around his head Kung fu style and we were talking about living cost on the west coast. I was like "how do you afford it?", his reply was that he found a way to eat cheap. He was like "I just buy these little fish in a can" and had some sardine looking fish that he was eating. The manner he was eating them in was the true weird stuff, like little corn on the cobs just leaving the head and tail to toss in the trash...and he was plowing through them hungry as hell. I woke up and text my dream so I didn't forget. We still laugh about it.
Oh for sure. They've been wild. It's the night sweats that get me, though.

So the first night's dream, I don't remember much but I have a very vivid image of a dude hacking off another dude's arm with a machete and then turning to hack off half of another dude's head. I woke up immediately thinking WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?

The next night's was strange and emotional. Not sure who I was with but we were up a mountain and something went down where several died and several were seriously injured. Me and the couple people that made it headed down the mountain for help. The trip down was part of the adventure yet pretty uneventful, just a struggle. We found all our parents chillin' at some sort of barbecue. We're frantic, trying to explain the situation, and we get nothing but looks of inconvenience and disgust. We were balling our eyes out trying to explain the severity of the accident and nobody seemed to care. The parents of the deceased, as well. After struggling to get the point across, we packed up supplies for the trek back up the mountain. We grabbed enough to start up a settlement and decided to live out the rest of our days with our lost friends on top of the mountain.

I woke up swamped in grief and distress with a feeling of inadequacy. Like we failed our friends and nobody out there gives a shit about me. It was a struggle to gain composure. The only saving grace was that I was having these thoughts from the comfort of my home, knowing it was all a dream.

I hate that shit.

No one wants to train someone twice! Lol
Sadly on large sites where they get stuck with journeymen from the bottom of the list they just use most apprentices as pack mules and labourers.

Good journeymen don’t get sent back to the hall unless no choice. You want to keep them around for quality work and training.

Sadly on large sites where they get stuck with journeymen from the bottom of the list they just use most apprentices as pack mules and labourers.

Good journeymen don’t get sent back to the hall unless no choice. You want to keep them around for quality work and training.
We're non-union so any licensed guy is worth their weight in gold. Apprentices these days are a dime a dozen. Very few seem to have the drive necessary to move up and get licensed. It's a sad state for today's construction sites. I ran jobs right out of college, 15 years ago, and my top apprentice is five years in and still doesn't remember half the shit he's "learned." I barely trust him to lay out lights in a room, let alone command a jobsite. Dude should be licensed by now. I don't know how many times you can wire a device reverse polarity and not get the hang of it.

We're non-union so any licensed guy is worth their weight in gold. Apprentices these days are a dime a dozen. Very few seem to have the drive necessary to move up and get licensed. It's a sad state for today's construction sites. I ran jobs right out of college, 15 years ago, and my top apprentice is five years in and still doesn't remember half the shit he's "learned." I barely trust him to lay out lights in a room, let alone command a jobsite. Dude should be licensed by now. I don't know how many times you can wire a device reverse polarity and not get the hang of it.
I test electricians by making them install GFCI's in series! 😜

I test electricians by making them install GFCI's in series! 😜
Coming from an old siding guy, I might be wrong, but I think Roots is making a joke because as I understand it, you only need one gfi at the front of the line so you don't need more and if an electrician doesn't know that, he failed the test? Kinda like sending the greenhorn out to find the proverbial board stretcher.

Coming from an old siding guy, I might be wrong, but I think Roots is making a joke because as I understand it, you only need one gfi at the front of the line so you don't need more and if an electrician doesn't know that, he failed the test? Kinda like sending the greenhorn out to find the proverbial board stretcher.
We usually just parallel seperate GFIs to save confusion for the homeowner and keep you from killing all of your outlets when one encounters a ground fault.

Also, you'll rarely see downstream protected recepticles spec'd out on a commercial project.

Posted up a couple new strains I picked up and wanted to post a review for the one called "frosted flakes"....this strain is a cross of Mac and another strain called NH3. I don't know what makes up the terp profile. I've had Mac before, had it as Mac, Mac 1, and I think Mac 11 or something like that. Hard for me to recall how any of them tasted and I think they were mediocre examples.

This frosted flakes strain though has a wild taste. First the nose of it let's you know it's gonna bang right away. There was a post recently about weed and if it tasted like the food it was named after. This makes me recall that thread. I think I had mentioned how my pal who works at a grow facility was real hyped over this fruity pebbles og but it tasted nothing like fruity pebbles. Well this frosted flakes strain does not taste like frosted flakes. That's the sad part. The good part though is it does taste just like fruity pebbles. I told my wife I thought it tasted like fruity pebbles spot on. She came back with "I never had fruity pebbles but I was gonna say trix or fruit loops".

Hard to say if potency is a winner here or not I've smoked half my bag...could just be the taste beckoning me to smoke more. I recently had some fruity pebbles so my memory of the flavor is crisp...my kid didn't like them so I had to do my dad duty and finish them off lol.

Anyway....if you see this strain around its worth a look...grab a cut if you got the chance, nice stuff

Day four of sobriety and I forgot to grab coffee this weekend. Lord help me have the patience that my apprentices deserve 🤣
I'm looking for an apprentice soil scientist for work tied to residential and commercial development. I keep getting people who are interested, but they don't want to bother getting the training they need before becoming a trainee. The short sightedness is beyond belief, since they can work for themselves, with no boss, after the training is over. And I'd hand whoever takes the training all my clients and walk away.

It seems that today's college freshmen aren't thinking about studying anything as dynamic as dirt. Go figure.

Posted up a couple new strains I picked up and wanted to post a review for the one called "frosted flakes"....this strain is a cross of Mac and another strain called NH3. I don't know what makes up the terp profile. I've had Mac before, had it as Mac, Mac 1, and I think Mac 11 or something like that. Hard for me to recall how any of them tasted and I think they were mediocre examples.

This frosted flakes strain though has a wild taste. First the nose of it let's you know it's gonna bang right away. There was a post recently about weed and if it tasted like the food it was named after. This makes me recall that thread. I think I had mentioned how my pal who works at a grow facility was real hyped over this fruity pebbles og but it tasted nothing like fruity pebbles. Well this frosted flakes strain does not taste like frosted flakes. That's the sad part. The good part though is it does taste just like fruity pebbles. I told my wife I thought it tasted like fruity pebbles spot on. She came back with "I never had fruity pebbles but I was gonna say trix or fruit loops".

Hard to say if potency is a winner here or not I've smoked half my bag...could just be the taste beckoning me to smoke more. I recently had some fruity pebbles so my memory of the flavor is crisp...my kid didn't like them so I had to do my dad duty and finish them off lol.

Anyway....if you see this strain around its worth a look...grab a cut if you got the chance, nice stuff
Mornin!
Thanks for that review! The only thing I’m currently growing that has a food name is Runtz Wreck. It is touted to taste like Runtz candy. I have no idea what Runtz candy tastes like, but there is nothing candy tasting about it.
The strongest smell and taste that I have ever grown is Chocolate Mimosa. It by the way tastes nothing like chocolate, but it sure has a super strong tangerine smell and taste. So strong that it leaves a taste in your mouth exactly like a tangerine. I assume this is due to the Clementine parentage.

Mornin!
Thanks for that review! The only thing I’m currently growing that has a food name is Runtz Wreck. It is touted to taste like Runtz candy. I have no idea what Runtz candy tastes like, but there is nothing candy tasting about it.
The strongest smell and taste that I have ever grown is Chocolate Mimosa. It by the way tastes nothing like chocolate, but it sure has a super strong tangerine smell and taste. So strong that it leaves a taste in your mouth exactly like a tangerine. I assume this is due to the Clementine parentage.
My old boss who I still keep in touch with (fellow grower) loves that clementine....I never had it pure...but agree the mimosa always tastes orangey tangerine to me

I'm looking for an apprentice soil scientist for work tied to residential and commercial development. I keep getting people who are interested, but they don't want to bother getting the training they need before becoming a trainee. The short sightedness is beyond belief, since they can work for themselves, with no boss, after the training is over. And I'd hand whoever takes the training all my clients and walk away.

It seems that today's college freshmen aren't thinking about studying anything as dynamic as dirt. Go figure.
I hear this is a pretty common problem in any field today. I’m also hearing that many that are graduating are basically capable of ninth grade English abilities and seventh grade math abilities. Sad. I guess it’s easy to sway an uneducated lot when it comes to politics and immorality.

Bought Swensen's ice cream tonight to test it for tomorrow's official 97th birthday celebration; mint chocolate chip and blueberry cobbler. My thought was if the ice cream tastes bad, I've still got time to buy more. Film at 11.

Back
Top Bottom