In my area we have been overrun with “homesteaders “. We have seen every unusable piece of ground go from 450.00 an acre to 4500.00 an acre.
My county is one of the largest, least populated and poorest counties in Mo. is a horrible place to even try that. I know, I did it in the mid 80’s. I did so successfully, but one must be prepared and have enough gumption to work their asses off. You must also know basic animal husbandry and farming. Typical well here is 500’ plus for a minimum of 30-40 grand just to sink a well. I would never chose to do that again. But, if I had too, I could.
There are no jobs here outside of retail and the tourist industry. We have a Sheriff and two deputies for the entire county as well as two ambulances. Not exactly equipped for what is happening.
They are coming here by the droves with starry eyes. A good cold Ozark winter and hunger eventually drive them away with their land being resold at auction.
Blackrock and Vanguard, the answer to this puzzle. I have never seen anything like this.

In my area we have been overrun with “homesteaders “. We have seen every unusable piece of ground go from 450.00 an acre to 4500.00 an acre.
My county is one of the largest, least populated and poorest counties in Mo. is a horrible place to even try that. I know, I did it in the mid 80’s. I did so successfully, but one must be prepared and have enough gumption to work their asses off. You must also know basic animal husbandry and farming. Typical well here is 500’ plus for a minimum of 30-40 grand just to sink a well. I would never chose to do that again. But, if I had too, I could.
There are no jobs here outside of retail and the tourist industry. We have a Sheriff and two deputies for the entire county as well as two ambulances. Not exactly equipped for what is happening.
They are coming here by the droves with starry eyes. A good cold Ozark winter and hunger eventually drive them away with their land being resold at auction.
Blackrock and Vanguard, the answer to this puzzle. I have never seen anything like this.
Morning sunshine. I missed. you. How is the moon timing for planting the premium X?

yeah... it was something special back then. i remember UTI telling us watch our shit with the ASU girls because we were only 5k strong and donated 3x usable blood simply because the blood tested clean of STDs. ASU was a party spot for sure. And those girls.. mmmmm. To be young again.
~right? My step brother went here in mid to late 80s. I visited during HS sophmore year and I was young for my grade so likely only 17. We went to some bar in tempe on broadway that was going off. I had no fake ID but my older brother was with me as well and a girl he knew went inside and within 10 minutes came out with AZ license of a guy who looked surprisingly like me and I waltzed right in. That weekend sophmore year I knew I was going to come to ASU for school. One thing I can say is that from 92-03 it was fkin AWESOME out here.
i just bought the place we're in now in April and already have seen the place increase almost $100k over what I signed for. $565 and it's now estimated at $655. In six months? And it's my first purchase. Luckily I'm in a field that's damn near recession proof, but my employer is in the industry you hit on -- commercial and residential real estate. We move money, can't say much more than that. But I do hacker shit for them and to quote Taken, have a specific set of skills acquired over many years. I'm one expensive bitch now lol
oOO a line from Taken 😶‍🌫️ I see. 100k in 6 months? ooO my 1st thought is when that was happening in Vegas and I was slinging loans for Wachovia in CO. The lines had continued to become more lax until whether you could do a loan or not was often met from Processing with "I don't even know anymore, let me pass it on to Underwriting and we'll see". Shit like Seasoning reqs I literally watched go from 2 years to 1 to 6months to fk it, let's see. brand new track homes were popping up everywhere for 300+ and refi-ing withing 6 months to take 20% out. I recall at one point at the height of the insanity, their were some products out there that were 120%+ LTV. Literally put someone way upside down, when their home is at its most inflated value, often adjustable within 6-36 months, and what could go wrong? The last company I worked for in that industry was Wilmington Finance owned by AIG. We had to wait an extra 2-6 weeks to get paid because our loans were "packaged" and sold on the secondary market and the exact amount resulted in us getting a little less but often more. It never made sense to me until the end and I always felt something wasn't right about that. I had worked for too many other companies and even had started our own to know something about that secondary market sounded sketch af. Whelp if you watch The Big Short you can see that directly relates to when he had those Jenga blocks he called "tranches". I don't know what is going to break 1st but I just know something soon just has to give. The DXY is shooting up as we speak and testing levels from late feb. If they do not hold markets will bleed until DXY tests resistance from last oct of $113 and change. That breaks and we see zombieland and I am sellling crib immediately and Wendy, Bella, Oleever and I are heading straight towards CG's coordinates in hopes she takes us in and allows purchase 1/4 acre on outskirts of her property to build tiny house. We work for her and tend to land with love and respect. She says no then we just freeze to death in the forests just outside of her property so no biggie or pressure :ROFLMAO:
Aight. Your list.

Murder Mountain -- must watch, not great, but decent. worth the time.
Making a Murderer -- very bored house wifey, the story researched outside that docuseries is much more compelling and fucked up.
Victim/Suspect -- meh. good moment, generally bleh.
I feel like I've seen project blue book but don't recall so won't comment. haven't seen SO lioness yet, so no comment.

been getting into Bonding on Netflix, it's kinda shitty. Watched hacksaw ridge and stressed hard. i wouldn't want to watch that as a combat vet. that was brutal coming from my background, couldn't imagine seeing wartime then having that on my screen. i'll need to dig through some other threads and find other ones i've watched recently that are worth the time. not a lot coming out these days worth the seat time.

been getting into Bonding on Netflix, it's kinda shitty. Watched hacksaw ridge and stressed hard. i wouldn't want to watch that as a combat vet. that was brutal coming from my background, couldn't imagine seeing wartime then having that on my screen. i'll need to dig through some other threads and find other ones i've watched recently that are worth the time. not a lot coming out these days worth the seat time.
hah looks good man. Adding it to list meow

"Blackrock and Vanguard" :devilish: :mad:

So does anyone elses phone not work or take forever to load when on 5G?
Verizons 5G network is ASS in every state that ive been in on the east coast.

45 a month for trash service lol.
after having every service and phone(aside from apple products) you can have, and also having brother who had one of the earlier pager/cel stores out here in AZ, one thing I have realized above all else is it just depends where you live. I had verizon for many years then Sprint for the last 14 and they merged with T-Mobile and it went to HELL in a handbasket quick. After 6 months of nothing but issues with 3 of 5 lines on my plan, I left and went to verizon. Service is spot on now and pay less.

What happens when you go to settings and disable to 5g?

Morning sunshine. I missed. you. How is the moon timing for planting the premium X?
Afternoon Mister!
Planting dates:
Sept 8, 9th Best flower planting.
Sept 15-17th flower planting
Sept 22 and 23 fair flower planting
Sept 30, 31st fair flower planting
Glad you’re back! 🙂

Among the worst non-death-related starts to an overseas trip that I've heard of.

And I used to whine when an airline lost my luggage.
I though screaming kids was bad.....no..........shitting all over the plane? I always said I'd pay more for child free flights ....never thought of diarrhea free ....bio hazard....lol...what a shitty flight.....

I though screaming kids was bad.....no..........shitting all over the plane? I always said I'd pay more for child free flights ....never thought of diarrhea free ....bio hazard....lol...what a shitty flight.....
I'm sure the other passengers were very understanding that passenger zero was feeling ill.

Used to kick it with this homeless guy that usually slept under a bridge near the university of Iowa, hung out a couple times...pretty cool dude. Liked to smoke and drink, very intelligent claimed to have his doctorate but couldn't stand society so he just lived for free and got wasted with young folk

Used to kick it with this homeless guy that usually slept under a bridge near the university of Iowa, hung out a couple times...pretty cool dude. Liked to smoke and drink, very intelligent claimed to have his doctorate but couldn't stand society so he just lived for free and got wasted with young folk
reminds me of a lot of the hobos we'd run into in the rail yards and the tunnels when we were out painting. a lot of really smart cats that life either fucked sideways or chose to live on the outskirts of society because it's all fucked anyways.

guess it's worth clarification -- a hobo is a train hopper, a traveler. homeless are often hobos, but some are just a consequence of the failed social systems in the US.

Judging from what I've read here from @Bandit420 I would put serious credence in their effectiveness.

I've been a proponent of cloth pots for all the reasons we all understand but I would like to try out the air pots mostly for the speed part. I need to turn my grows over faster. The GF is beating me in the "Who can empty/fill the jar the fastest" contest!!! 🥴
fuck them salt caked fabric pots.

I lost track of one of my old elementary thru high school friends. He went to school for training to be a cinematographer and drifted away from everyone else I knew. Last time I saw him was 1980.

We did some research and found out he ended up homeless, living in a box under a bridge on the upper west side of Manhattan. He was then stabbed to death by some rando nutcase, for the hell of it.

Knowing him, I knew it had to be some drug or another. His death came in '94, so I figure he must have gotten addicted to crack. He was on the street for a few years. It's really weird to find out stuff like this, decades after the fact.

Some additional detail -- about a year before he was killed, his mother died and he was left $10K in an insurance policy. He partied like a maniac for a month, then was back on the street.

I lost track of one of my old elementary thru high school friends. He went to school for training to be a cinematographer and drifted away from everyone else I knew. Last time I saw him was 1980.

We did some research and found out he ended up homeless, living in a box under a bridge on the upper west side of Manhattan. He was then stabbed to death by some rando nutcase, for the hell of it.

Knowing him, I knew it had to be some drug or another. His death came in '94, so I figure he must have gotten addicted to crack. He was on the street for a few years. It's really weird to find out stuff like this, decades after the fact.

Some additional detail -- about a year before he was killed, his mother died and he was left $10K in an insurance policy. He partied like a maniac for a month, then was back on the street.
I had one of those moments years ago when I was a mug shot on tv, it was someone I went to grade school and high school with, his mug shot was for really terrible things.

It was truly a WTF moment!

Back
Top Bottom