It looks like our fall is going to be wet like summer. There's talk of Lee coming our way still and this ........fkin gloomy this year....if it wasn't for my smoke placating me I wouldn't be a happy cave dweller.View attachment 20896
Looks like my weather too. This year has beens sooooo wet.

I try not to stress about stuff because it only makes it worse and this was totally out of my control.

I changed the breaker first thing this morning when i got up, only my tosster oven, fridge, and microwave came back on but thats good news cause i can not afford a fridge lol.

Gonna check outlets here soon, i got my dads outlet tester and multimeter so ill get cracking on that soon.

4x4 flower tent has been in 24hr light for 2 days cause i forgot without wifi my timers dont work.....

Cest la vie
All outlets are fine, power through the cords but no power at any of the stuff that got fried.

Gonna have to rip my pellet stove apart tomorrow and see if i can find what got fried in that thing and hope i can fix it. I do NOT have 1200-2000 dollars to buy a new one right now so hoping there are some inline fuses in this antique thing.

Took my kids to Billy Beez (indoor playground) today for some family fun to get our minds off the bullshit. We all had an awesome time and it was pretty cheap too!

9/11. Where we're you? I was in class 9th grade I believe, they rolled in the tube tv on a cart and let us watch live.

Here is one of my favorite 9/11 memes
View attachment 20950
I was in court and someone came and told the judge and the judge informed the court. Still continued with cases. I think this was either for my first drunk in public or possession(paraphernalia).

I think it's a great morning when I can look and smoke some of my own nugs. Funny enough I forgot to come in early to cover my boss on vacation this morning.... oops lol. And I came in high.. fun fun

Attachments

• PXL_20230911_111744210.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230911_111744210.PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
9/11. Where we're you? I was in class 9th grade I believe, they rolled in the tube tv on a cart and let us watch live.

Here is one of my favorite 9/11 memes
View attachment 20950
I was walking on my treadmill watching CNN and they cut to the pic of just after the first plane hit and I watched live as the second hit. I called and woke up friends out west to get up and watch what was going on then the 3rd plane went down......gotta be the most shocking day in my life. How things have changed, we now have military style policing and even taking pictures can be a call for arrest

I was going to ask a member about dandelion removal today but they disappeared over night.

No one’s posted on CGs corner since yesterday afternoon.

At least three friends have been MIA for weeks… wtf?

Anybody have good advice for removing existing dandelions?

Got the cornmeal for next spring to kill the seeds. (Thanks @Bandit420 )

But the city left new sod full of dandelions that had all year to spread. Faster than I can pull or burn them. Most sprays we try suck and/or kill everything.

We’re plucking heads off but need a better solution. Fuckers duck the lawnmower blades.

Anybody have good advice for removing existing dandelions?

Got the cornmeal for next spring to kill the seeds. (Thanks @Bandit420 )

But the city left new sod full of dandelions that had all year to spread. Faster than I can pull or burn them. Most sprays we try suck and/or kill everything.

We’re plucking heads off but need a better solution. Fuckers duck the lawnmower blades.
What's wrong with dandelions? I vote leave 'em alone.

Neighbours complain, city gets involved, don’t need the hassle.

Willow eats the flowers which are good for her coat but I don’t use them for anything.

Entire plant is useful and edible iirc. Buddies dad used to make wine in the 70-80’s.
Dandelions have a thick taproot, they are typically in abundance where the ground is rock hard.
Im with @GrumpAzz and say leave em.

Willow eats the flowers which are good for her coat but I don’t use them for anything.

Entire plant is useful and edible iirc. Buddies dad used to make wine in the 70-80’s.
Fuckin' neighbors, man. I caught my neighbor peeping in my bathroom from his kitchen one night. Later that night, less than an hour later, the cops knocked on my door for a complaint about too much dog poop in my yard. I had a great dane and a giant schnauzer and I scooped poop every weekend. The other next-door neighbors were family so I don't think it was them...

Got the internet company scheduled to be here betwen 11 and 3.
Hope its a quick fix
Quick and easy fix.
Ran new line from the pole down since mine was split in half and internet is all back up and working again.
Having your entire house run on wifi is a dumb idea. Just an FYI since i found out this weekend lol.

Since I haven’t been here in a minute I want shout out to the threads creator - I know she’s busy having a blast I hope securing history! Thanx granny we need more Americans like you.
Thanks @Moshmen !
What a nice welcome home!
Securing history has been done. I plan to write on it and tell my Grandchildren about the place I see us standing in this year at pow wow. Half of our normal dancers are gone. It’s normally 150-200 of us. We may have had eighty.
Memorials held during the dance, was so hard to stand stoic when one’s heart is full of burning anger. These folks were not “missing” due to the rising cost of living expenses, these folks are missing due to a preventive offered them including a money incentive.
Spirit stolen from the circle. Even my own people humming with low energy.
Nowwww, I do have to share a good giggle with you..
My great niece whom is an old age of three, got away from her Grandmother (my sister) jumped the hay bales and made her happy dancing way into the arena during a men’s traditional dance competition…stuck her little bootie in the air and twerked! I had nooooo idea a three year old could twerk like that! Hell we just had to be coordinated enough to skip a damn rope!
Ohhhhh my goodness! 😂☺️🥲😂🤣 The crowd was roaring with laughter as I led her out of the circle by the arm with her kicking and screaming. I immediately gave her to her Grandmother and proceeded to act as if I did not know either of them! It raised the energy just from laughing but dangggggg!
The hotel I stayed at was host for a three day long Indian from India wedding. THAT was an experience! The third day, Sunday morning, the groom came riding through the parking lot on a white stallion and made his way to the convention center where the wedding etc was being held..behind that came a music truck. Literally a semi with the capabilities of a Molly Hatchet concert, blaring Indian music, waking the entire hotel at 7 am! Which then roared til ten am when all of the ladies in special dresses stop twirling.
Many very unhappy guests at the Hotel..me, I went to my car and had a nice smoke as the sun came up, had front row seating to the festivities, which I had no idea were planned.
My traveling buddy and I had took a stone cruise Fri evening into some of my old stomping grounds, caught a hell of a buzz, came back and watched the ladies get henna painted for the wedding. I was amused by all of it. Most others were as well until the seven am concert in the parking lot on Sunday morning.
What a trip..one I won’t forget for so many different reasons.
Happy to be home and back on the corner. 😍

Thanks @Moshmen !
Securing history has been done. I plan to write on it and tell my Grandchildren about the place I see us standing in this year at pow wow. Half of our normal dancers are gone. It’s normally 150-200 of us. We may have had eighty.
Memorials held during the dance, was so hard to stand stoic when one’s heart is full of burning anger. These folks were not “missing” due to the rising cost of living expenses, these folks are missing due to a preventive offered them including a money incentive.
My great niece whom is an old age of three, got away from her Grandmother (my sister) jumped the hay bales and made her happy dancing way into the arena during a men’s traditional dance competition…stuck her little bootie in the air and twerked! I had nooooo idea a three year old could twerk like that! Hell we just had to be coordinated enough to skip a damn rope!
Ohhhhh my goodness! 😂☺️🥲😂🤣 The crowd was roaring with laughter as I led her out of the circle by the arm with her kicking and screaming. I immediately gave her to her Grandmother and proceeded to act as if I did not know either of them! It raised the energy just from laughing but dangggggg!
The hotel I stayed at was host for a three day long Indian from India wedding. THAT was an experience! The third day, Sunday morning, the groom came riding through the parking lot on a white stallion and made his way to the convention center where the wedding etc was being held..behind that came a music truck. Literally a semi with the capabilities of a Molly Hatchet concert, blaring Indian music, waking the entire hotel at 7 am! Which then roared til ten am when all of the ladies in special dresses stop twirling.
Many very unhappy guests at the Hotel..me, I went to my car and had a nice smoke as the sun came up, had front row seating to the festivities, which I had no idea were planned.
My traveling buddy and I had took a stone cruise Fri evening into some of my old stomping grounds, caught a hell of a buzz, came back and watched the ladies get henna painted for the wedding. I was amused by all of it. Most others were as well until the seven am concert in the parking lot on Sunday morning.
Welcome back, hope that little niece of yours and many more bless your family and bring strength back to the life force! Traditions like these are so crucial and need to be kept!

That sound truck reminds me, been seeing videos of a guy who builds mobile grow facilities out of old semi trailers...I think living in a flood zone if I ever go big this may be the way...get an rv and pull around your grow trailer traveling lol (dreams)

Life force is fading in my family too...great aunt just passed at 98 she was the eldest. My other aunt has been through the wringer lately, not looking good for her. My father-in-law is dying a slow death from agent orange at home. As I get older and all the people I looked up to pass, I start to see how someone elderly who knows the end is near almost could just concede and give up. When they outlive everyone they knew and fail to make meaningful connections to the youth (especially those who never had children)....I find that my problem mostly, children have changed it some although I'd like to know more of my families kids and such...they're nearly strangers with the way life goes.

Last edited:

Fk em. I like dandelions, all pretty yellow and their flying seeds in the wind. How can you regulate out dandelions ? What next regulate how green the grass has to be? Save up your dandelion seeds and go midnight spreading of them on their pristine lawns. or pour some gas on their lawns. it kills grass instantly. do it in a F U pattern

Thanks @Moshmen !
Sounds like a weekend you'll remember for ever. Not all weekends are the same, most disappear in a blink and soon forgotten. Those are the days of our lives.

Thanks @Moshmen !
Morning PAL!

Glad you had a great trip but just as glad you’re back. 🥰

Your absence is always noticed.

Hope you have a few pics to share. 👍

Back
Top Bottom