That’s exactly the number one rule! All of my old growers will tell you, that’s the number one way to assure that one gets caught!
To me, it has always been an avenue I would not go down as it gave another power over me.
Good friends? Nope! Always remember “familiarity breeds contempt”.
When shit went legal in Cali I was still on the DL vibe from so many years having to run it that way. Someone I knew wanted to partner up and was blasting about it all over social media. I got mad at him telling him we were going to get popped if he kept doing that. He laughed at me and reminded me. I forgot it had just been legalized.😊

GS97 has me thinking, maybe a better SCROG is my destiny too!

Can a scrog net or whatever apparatus holds everything down, be triangular shaped rather than square?
I know triangles aren't as easy to build, but that doesn't worry me at all, the function living up to form is what my concern is.
I have an area, which describes a right triangle, 4 feet on both legs and about 5 1/2 feet on the hypotenuse (approx., don't hold me to the math on that hyp.).

would it be worth building a device out of PVC or similar construction material and trying a triangular SCROG? TRISCROG? or Try SCROG?
No rules say what shape it must be. I see no probs with a triangular scrog! 🙂 I would place my plant at the smaller tip and spread or direct the branches into the largest section of it. As long as you can reach it to water etc.

Funk yea, let's grow!! New light came in under 24 hours....easy set up...best ratchet clips I've ever had so far (smooth baby smooth) and now gonna get these girls settled in right!

@CannaGranny thanks for the offer to get some lights to me, much appreciated definitely my weed hero, no lie!

Everyone else that jumped in on the thread thank you, real growmies

@Moe.Red if we can get this old light a once over and see if it's a cheap easy fix (I'd even spend a little to get it right) I may be closer to that hydro tent 😂. Also would be down for one of those vertical germinators if I could grab one when we can get to the light. I'm cool with hanging and looking at it or dropping it off no worries from me.

20230925_151751.jpg

Funk yea, let's grow!! New light came in under 24 hours....easy set up...best ratchet clips I've ever had so far (smooth baby smooth) and now gonna get these girls settled in right!

@CannaGranny thanks for the offer to get some lights to me, much appreciated definitely my weed hero, no lie!

Everyone else that jumped in on the thread thank you, real growmies

@Moe.Red if we can get this old light a once over and see if it's a cheap easy fix (I'd even spend a little to get it right) I may be closer to that hydro tent 😂. Also would be down for one of those vertical germinators if I could grab one when we can get to the light. I'm cool with hanging and looking at it or dropping it off no worries from me.

View attachment 22927
Give me an idea when you are thinking, or better yet hit me up in PM and we can figure it out.

What's up gang! You guys won't believe what I was doing this past weekend!

Just got back from an awesome trip this weekend, I am the one in the front that is invisible due to the sheer amount of water coming at us. A group of 8 of us went out rafting on the Gauley river in WV this weekend, it was honestly the most fun of my entire life!!! We hit 4 or 5 level 5 rapids... just sick, totally sick

Funny part about it is I brought some chocolate edibles i made that are super strong by just one piece along with me in a bag. At the end of the bus ride to drop in, i check them and they are all melting up into a glob... So only thing to do is eat some kind of hero dose of edibles right before we got out, and when the guide (the guy in the back leading us) asks who wants to lead this thing and ride up front i'm the very first one to put their hand up! We were out for 5 hours i think, i'm trying to remember, but it was like 4 level 5's and a crazy amount of level 4's. cant say it again, best time of my life!! gave the guide a good amount of money and some of my home grown prerolls i had for the trip as tip, lol. If you ever book a trip at Adventures on the Gorge in WV, ask for Nick, really cool guide!

They release huge amounts of dam water to get the water flow this intense

I'm up front on the left side of the boat, literally immersed in water, you can't see one piece of me in this picture. We didn't lose one person!!
1695677802059.png
This is when i was up front and fucking ate it but fell in the boat instead of out
1695678224024.png
This is from when i was in the back for the second half
1695678171272.png

Just got back from an awesome trip this weekend, I am the one in the front that is invisible due to the sheer amount of water coming at us. A group of 8 of us went out rafting on the Gauley river in WV this weekend, it was honestly the most fun of my entire life!!! We hit 4 or 5 level 5 rapids... just sick, totally sick

Funny part about it is I brought some chocolate edibles i made that are super strong by just one piece along with me in a bag. At the end of the bus ride to drop in, i check them and they are all melting up into a glob... So only thing to do is eat some kind of hero dose of edibles right before we got out, and when the guide (the guy in the back leading us) asks who wants to lead this thing and ride up front i'm the very first one to put their hand up! We were out for 5 hours i think, i'm trying to remember, but it was like 4 level 5's and a crazy amount of level 4's. cant say it again, best time of my life!! gave the guide a good amount of money and some of my home grown prerolls i had for the trip as tip, lol. If you ever book a trip at Adventures on the Gorge in WV, ask for Nick, really cool guide!

I'm up front on the left side of the boat, literally immersed in water, you can't see one piece of me in this picture. We didn't lose one person!!
View attachment 22928
This is when i was up front and fucking ate it but fell in the boat instead of out
View attachment 22930
View attachment 22929
Did the upper Gauley about 20 years ago, it was super cool. Have talked about going back with a group of friends a few times but we've never committed to it, but anytime someone suggests a rafting trip to me anywhere I redirect them to the Gauley. I had heard they moved the put in, but when we went they put us in right by the pipes draining off the bottom of the lake. 3 pipes large enough to drive a school bus through pushing full columns of water. The force when you got out of the eddie & into the current was unbelievable.

View attachment 22928
View attachment 22930
View attachment 22929
Id love to go rafting some day. My wife has gone and says id love it just hadn’t come together and now it would be hard to do without the kids so when they are old enough we’ll definitely try it out

It’s a real mystery.. can I get myself, two girlfriends, ten cubic foot of mushroom compost and four eight foot pieces of pvc pipe in a Nissan Rogue??? Imma try it!
My mom has squeezed more into her rogue than that car was ever designed for, you got this! However, be mindful lol after get last load of cinder blocks, the transmission gave up the ghost

meant to add this to the post for all those bridge lovers

new river gorge bridge is as tall as one washington monument plus two statue of liberties!
View attachment 22937
The engineering that goes into those kind of structures is mind blowing. To think that structure is likely designed to last 200+ years with proper maintenance.

Gonna trim up my buds tonight folks. Guess y'all call it trim jail? Either way.. I'm pretty pumped to get my first harvest into some grove bags!
Sticky and aromatic work, by the end of a cleaning cycle, I start looking like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation when he has tree sap!

Enjoy! I'll be doing my time soon!

Gonna trim up my buds tonight folks. Guess y'all call it trim jail? Either way.. I'm pretty pumped to get my first harvest into some grove bags!
Hell yeah bro!!! Im pumped for you to get your first harvest curing, your first grow was definitely something to watch bro. Stoked for this power plant grow you're gonna do.

Bunji jump
yeah they close the bridge off once a year to let people jump, not me lol. i'm afraid of heights but willing to skydive, i know i'm crazy

The engineering that goes into those kind of structures is mind blowing. To think that structure is likely designed to last 200+ years with proper maintenance.
i love that shit too man! you can do a bridge walk under the bridge, of course harness involved, to get a real upclose look of the engineering. Seeing the pictures when they craned in some of the biggest pieces is insane...

Id love to go rafting some day. My wife has gone and says id love it just hadn’t come together and now it would be hard to do without the kids so when they are old enough we’ll definitely try it out
def highly recommend it. i've done a real baby one before this, harpers ferry (mostly level 2), and it was ok. now doing one this intense.... just mind blowing. that adrenaline you get is hard to top.. when the guide is yelling 'DIG DIG DIG' (means paddle your godamn heart out forward) you know the shit is so real

Did the upper Gauley about 20 years ago, it was super cool. Have talked about going back with a group of friends a few times but we've never committed to it, but anytime someone suggests a rafting trip to me anywhere I redirect them to the Gauley. I had heard they moved the put in, but when we went they put us in right by the pipes draining off the bottom of the lake. 3 pipes large enough to drive a school bus through pushing full columns of water. The force when you got out of the eddie & into the current was unbelievable.
the whole gang is talking about doing this again next year, but doing the 'marathon' instead. that is where you do the upper and lower Gauley in one day.... we did have one of my friend's girlfriends come who had never been rafting at all before this, talk about an introduction to white water!
for everyone else, @Scotty 420 is talking about these actual dam pipes increasing the cubic feet/second (CFS) near 3,000

1695692312921.png
US Army Corps schedule release
1695692403121.png

Have you seen the "forever bulb" I think it's called? Lightbulb they powered up over 100 years ago that still is on and going...I think 130 years truly...now if they only put those in grow lamps 🤘

Morning all ya menz!
Got all my ladies tented and my grow room is lit, warm and at 60% humidity. We be rockin round here!
Todays big challenge is to load up my craziest cat for a trip to the vet. Wish me luck, better yet pray for me!
Something big got ahold of him, space of the bites shows the teeth were not that of another cat. I’m thinking a coyote.
Yesterday was snake day here on the farm. I was talking to a friend yesterday morning telling her that having outdoor cats, I had not seen a snake all year. Within five mins of hanging up we killed a Pygmy rattler within ten feet of the south porch, and yesterday evening an almost three foot long copperhead within five feet of the carport! WTH?
Keep an eye out and know where your feet will fall next!
Wishing you all a great day!

Morning all ya menz!
Got all my ladies tented and my grow room is lit, warm and at 60% humidity. We be rockin round here!
Todays big challenge is to load up my craziest cat for a trip to the vet. Wish me luck, better yet pray for me!
Something big got ahold of him, space of the bites shows the teeth were not that of another cat. I’m thinking a coyote.
Yesterday was snake day here on the farm. I was talking to a friend yesterday morning telling her that having outdoor cats, I had not seen a snake all year. Within five mins of hanging up we killed a Pygmy rattler within ten feet of the south porch, and yesterday evening an almost three foot long copperhead within five feet of the carport! WTH?
Gmorning, our snakes up here don't have fangs, all gentle little wigglers that just eat pests, I guess our cold wet dreary weather is good for something.

I dropped 6 seeds and 5 are now up and growing, One Gruntz was a dud. I'll have to get another going tonight. I want to grow out a Chocolate Mimosa you sent me but too many strains at the same time will cause me problems, as it is 3 is already too many without being able to adjust feed for each strain......anyways its a bright cool morning here and my next crop is on its way....alls good on the Atlantic Coast

Gmorning, our snakes up here don't have fangs, all gentle little wigglers that just eat pests, I guess our cold wet dreary weather is good for something.

I dropped 6 seeds and 5 are now up and growing, One Gruntz was a dud. I'll have to get another going tonight. I want to grow out a Chocolate Mimosa you sent me but too many strains at the same time will cause me problems, as it is 3 is already too many without being able to adjust feed for each strain......anyways its a bright cool morning here and my next crop is on its way....alls good on the Atlantic Coast

From Dropping 6 Seeds on Friday night to 5 growing sprouts on Tuesday is a pretty fast start to this growGreen Crack seedling.JPG

Morning all ya menz!
oh man, you gotta watch those little pygmy rattlers. aggressive little bastards. i think i'd rather deal with a copperhead than a pygmy, personally.

a gf i had in high school had a brother that raised venomous snakes. had probably 35 different species of rattler from all over the US. the 7ft eastern diamond back didn't scare me as much as those little 12" rattlers. those little guys had a serious Napoleon complex, meaner than hell.

Those seeds will be ready when you are 🙂 I really think you will appreciate that Green Crack! I have one going right now too. I can appreciate the not having enough room! Talked me into building a new scrog table yesterday to fit my old grow space. This way I can run five. Six is my legal limit, but no room left at the Inn. I normally run four, but I have so much new stuff I want to try it all out, and yet still buying seeds!
Yesterdays purchase was Jelly Donuts and Black Sugar Rose. Maybe I was hungry? 😜

oh man, you gotta watch those little pygmy rattlers. aggressive little bastards. i think i'd rather deal with a copperhead than a pygmy, personally.

a gf i had in high school had a brother that raised venomous snakes. had probably 35 different species of rattler from all over the US. the 7ft eastern diamond back didn't scare me as much as those little 12" rattlers. those little guys had a serious Napoleon complex, meaner than hell.
They actually are the most dangerous. Did ya know that? A ground rattlesnake. They say they have a hell of a dose of venom to them and most people are bit on the feet, ankles and lower leg.
The copperheads have popped babies in the past two weeks as well. Dangerous time in my area.

Those seeds will be ready when you are 🙂 I really think you will appreciate that Green Crack! I have one going right now too. I can appreciate the not having enough room! Talked me into building a new scrog table yesterday to fit my old grow space. This way I can run five. Six is my legal limit, but no room left at the Inn. I normally run four, but I have so much new stuff I want to try it all out, and yet still buying seeds!
Yesterdays purchase was Jelly Donuts and Black Sugar Rose. Maybe I was hungry? 😜
Its not the room so much as the variety, I stunted one last grow from over feeding but the others thrived from it. I'll know tonight when I drop another seed tonight which strain I'll go with. I do it at night then 16-18 hrs later around my lunch time I deal with them, I've been 100% on popping for the past few years until this Gruntz wrecked my streak, its turned black and not looking viable. I've a replacement for it so I may just use it.

They actually are the most dangerous. Did ya know that? A ground rattlesnake. They say they have a hell of a dose of venom to them and most people are bit on the feet, ankles and lower leg.
The copperheads have popped babies in the past two weeks as well. Dangerous time in my area.
I've seen tourist info in Florida about the pygmy rattlers saying tourist are something like 10x more prone to being bit by them because they're not aware of their pint sized potential to strike out. Locals know these things tourist take pictures and play where they shouldn't

I've seen tourist info in Florida about the pygmy rattlers saying tourist are something like 10x more prone to being bit by them because they're not aware of their pint sized potential to strike out. Locals know these things tourist take pictures and play where they shouldn't
Here they hide beneath fallen leaf litter to hunt. At this time of the year here, they get really aggressive. I have been reading on our scenic rivers forum that they have been trying to crawl in canoes.
Its prime root digging season here, so I wear snake boots. Damn things come to the knee and it’s really hard to bend the knees as there is no give to the Kevlar.

Have you seen the "forever bulb" I think it's called? Lightbulb they powered up over 100 years ago that still is on and going...I think 130 years truly...now if they only put those in grow lamps 🤘
I work for Burrard Yarrows Shipyard as an electrician back in the early 80's and they had one in an old generating station that was protected with a plaque on it claiming 100 years or so, I can't remember exactly how old but it was still glowing a dim like a 15w light and proudly shown off in this big old power station

Back
Top Bottom